April 25, 2024, 05:06:01 PM

Author Topic: 2013/14 T&T Pro League  (Read 40889 times)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2013/14 T&T Pro League Fixtures.
« Reply #180 on: February 11, 2014, 08:45:51 PM »
Haha Central draw again. What de arse is this?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 11, 2014, 09:53:56 PM »
Haha Central draw again. What de arse is this?

This was probably the best Pro League game this season. If you saw how Connection celebrated getting a draw against Central, you will see how relieved they were after being second best for most of the game. Very dubious penalty brought Connection back into the game, but their equaliser was decent.
Superb display by Central, with Darren Mitchell outstanding today.
Both teams hit the woodwork and both keepers earned their salt. Very encouraging for Central F.C. Should now springboard them to turn draws into wins.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 12, 2014, 03:39:04 AM »
Oh man 2 goals in the dying minutes? That's got to sting. Sad to hear it, but then again before the match I'm sure you would have taken a draw so not bad in the grand scheme!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 12, 2014, 06:13:31 AM »
Central FC should change they name from Sharks to "de Lottery" they only drawing.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 12, 2014, 06:23:12 AM »
Oh man 2 goals in the dying minutes? That's got to sting. Sad to hear it, but then again before the match I'm sure you would have taken a draw so not bad in the grand scheme!

Wrong on both counts, Tiresais! Before the match only a win would satisfy us. We played superbly. Connection were never allowed to settle and were reduced to long shots. Of course we were vexed by the crazy penalty and it appeared that the Ref would continue playing until Connection equalised (there was no board indicating added time). But I'm pleased after this game because we finally started to click and look like a very dangerous team. Until the penalty we didn't look in danger of losing. Even when Connection twice hit the woodwork, it just felt like we were going to get 3 points. The only worrying factor was Guerra being injured and substituted in the first half.
Unbeaten now in 7 games, even Connection supporters could see that we were the better team and were calling for players to be replaced! 

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 12, 2014, 06:24:34 AM »
Central FC should change they name from Sharks to "de Lottery" they only drawing.

You ain't wrong. We have more draws than Victorias Secret  :rotfl:  It's bizarre how this is happening, but that's football!

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 12, 2014, 09:55:33 AM »
Bad news on Guerra though! Glad to hear the team clicked though

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 12, 2014, 11:29:15 AM »

Wrong on both counts, Tiresais! Before the match only a win would satisfy us. We played superbly. Connection were never allowed to settle and were reduced to long shots. Of course we were vexed by the crazy penalty and it appeared that the Ref would continue playing until Connection equalised (there was no board indicating added time). But I'm pleased after this game because we finally started to click and look like a very dangerous team. Until the penalty we didn't look in danger of losing. Even when Connection twice hit the woodwork, it just felt like we were going to get 3 points. The only worrying factor was Guerra being injured and substituted in the first half.
Unbeaten now in 7 games, even Connection supporters could see that we were the better team and were calling for players to be replaced! 

This was a game of 2 halves. Central won the 1st half 1-0 & Connection the second half 2-1. Central was contented to defend their 1-0 advantage but Connection kept coming at them with everything. Connection dominated the second half the only difference is that Central scored their 2nd goal against the run of play & Connection squandered 4 clear cut chances.

This was probably the best Pro League game this season
Well from your account it didn't seem that Connection played any part.

Of course we were vexed by the crazy penalty and it appeared that the Ref would continue playing until Connection equalised (there was no board indicating added time).
Can I say the same about your game against North East last weekend?

........even Connection supporters could see that we were the better team and were calling for players to be replaced!
Which team being 2 -0 down and seeing their players squandering chance after chance would not be calling for blood. I heard a Connection supporter asking for Arcia to be subbed after he missed his 2nd clear cut chance.

If you saw how Connection celebrated getting a draw against Central, you will see how relieved they were after being second best for most of the game.
Again which team being 2 -0 down facing defeat in the 87th minute and zero points would not celebrate now gaining one point.

Again I insist that this was a game of 2 halves. I know football is a game of emotion but let's be fair in our reporting, I can understand how Central felt seeing that from all indications they were going to prevail against Connection last night. I saw Terry's celebration, but one thing I have learned in football or in any sport for that matter, "it ain't over till it's over". Hopefully Central will prevail in Round 3.

W Connection vs Central head to head this season

FCB semi final Central prevailed on penalty kicks after full time 0-0 & went on to win the FCB Cup

1st round league game Connection prevailed 1 -0

FA Cup final after Connection led 1-0, Central went ahead 2-1, Connection equalised and eventually won on penalty kicks

2nd round league game after Central led 2-0 for most of the game, Connection equalised in injury time and game ended 2-2

« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 11:35:23 AM by soccerrama »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 12, 2014, 11:34:24 AM »
FS you all play a 3-5-2?

That will be good if you were playing in the Mexican league where there is no defending.  ;D
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 12, 2014, 11:38:19 AM »
They believe in Terry Fenwick who play aggressive defensive football with no clue. When Central realise that the monthly cost to keep Fenwick and pay high profile players cost more than prize money and trophies they would wake up.

Fenwick wants the best players to win instead of trying to improve the ones he has and improve his coaching to make it work.

On paper who have the more expensive team, Connection or Central and include the coaches salary.

I saw Romain carring out a training session once and I had to laugh my ass off.

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 12, 2014, 12:23:33 PM »
Again I insist that this was a game of 2 halves. I know football is a game of emotion but let's be fair in our reporting, I can understand how Central felt seeing that from all indications they were going to prevail against Connection last night. I saw Terry's celebration, but one thing I have learned in football or in any sport for that matter, "it ain't over till it's over.

Soccerama, I agree Connection had the better of the second half. But a lot of that was due to tactics. You would have noted that Central switched to more of a 4-5-1 formation. Meanwhile, Connection, of course were pushing for the equaliser allowing Central to attack on the break, which is how we scored the second and also Plaza and Winchester coming close. We gave Connection space on the wings, because they seem to be stronger through the middle.

Regarding the penalty, I believe that was the fourth penalty we have conceded in 6 games. The Jabloteh equaliser was a 50/50 call, the Point Fortin miss was a joke decision, as was the Connection penalty. The North East Stars penalty appeared to be just and the people around me (including a very senior coach) agreed, but, of course, it may depend on your line of sight.

The great thing is that these Couva derbies should start attracting more spectators and more press interest.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 12, 2014, 01:14:13 PM »
Apai rescues Connection in entertaining Central derby.
ttproleague.com.

Dimitrie Apai scored in stoppage time to level Digicel Pro League leaders DIRECT W Connection to a 2-2 come-from-behind draw against bitter rivals Central FC on Tuesday night at the Ato Boldon Stadium.

The 19-year-old Suriname forward, who joined Connection during the mid-season transfer window, dived in at the back of the defence to bury Shahdon Winchester's cross past goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams, with a powerful equalizing header, in the third minute of five minutes stoppage time played by referee Michael London.

Earlier, London, who made a number of questionable calls, had spectators most confused in the 86th minute and Central head coach Terry Fenwick boiling at the touchline, when he awarded Connection a penalty.

London blew and pointed to the spot confidently when Connection midfielder Joevin Jones went to ground after colliding with Central substitute Leston Paul, who was in the process of heading clear a dangerous ball played back across the area by teammate Jamal Jack.

Jones then stepped to the spot, and reduced the deficit 1-2 when his powerfully struck kick proved slightly better than Central goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams, who read the penalty kick well and creditably had some glove to the ball.

Connection, now 33 points at the top and 10 points clear of second positioned Point Fortin Civic (23 points), in the end, overcoming a two-goal deficit and some back luck to finish a very entertaining contest with a point.

The feature match of Round Two Match Day Seven, however, lived up to derby expectations.

Seconds into the contest Connection goalie Julani Archibald had to brilliantly measure Willis Plaza effort, rooting it out at the low corner, following errant clearance by Daneil Cyrus which fell to the Central forward at the top of the area.

And in the 22nd minute Central midfielder Darren Mitchell, who was involved in the opening minute opportunity, struck the far upright after he was played inside by Plaza.

Fenwick was forced to make a premature change in the 31st minute, replacing an injured Ataullah Guerra (shoulder) with Rundell Winchester and got immediate success.

Seconds onto the pitch, R. Winchester raced down the right and slipped a pass inside the six yard area to find onrushing Plaza, who poked a strike between the legs of Archibald for a 1-0 lead.

Joevin Jones, who landed the tackle that eventually forced Guerra out of the match, tried pulling his team level from distance in the 41st minute but Williams produced a diving save to keep the effort out.

On the other end Archibald also had to make a stop just before the halftime whistle, charging down a Samuel Delice strike after Mitchell slipped a pass wide instead of the going for goal himself.

Two minutes inside the second period Archibald produced another stop, when he kept out a R. Winchester strike and the rebound was spilled wide by the Tobagonian, all after Plaza had disposed Cyrus of the ball.

Connection, who had winger Neil Benjamin Jr. wrongfully adjudged offside in the 12th minute by second assistant Ezra Bartholomew after Central midfielder and captain Marvin Oliver last touch backwards, failed to score two great chances in a space five minutes.

Striker Hashim Arcia was the culprit on both occasions, first guiding a brilliant low Alvin Jones' cross onto the crossbar in the 56th minute with only goalkeeper Williams to beat, and from another A. Jones cross in the 60th minute the lanky forward placed his effort wide.

Arcia's efforts were separated by Plaza's on target effort in the 58th minute, which Archibald saved, and a wide attempt moments later.

But from a play involving R. Winchester, Plaza and Leston Paul, who rounded Archibald, Jason Marcano had the simple task of slapping the ball into an open net for a 2-0 Central cushion by the 74th minute.

However Central's decision to sit back defensively, and rely on the counterattacks, failed to secure maximum points. And Connection defender Mekeil Williams heading onto the crossbar after goalkeeper Williams had block out his initial effort, was a warning of what was to follow.

In the end, Central, now positioned sixth on the standings with 17 points, recording it's sixth consecutive draw and their chances of a top-two finish is drifting further and further away.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 02:08:00 PM by FF »

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 14, 2014, 05:45:49 PM »
Follow the live updates of the match tonight (Central vs Jabloteh) at CFClive http://centralfctt.com/centrallive/index.php. Improvements and upgrades will be made gradually throughout the next few weeks.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #193 on: February 14, 2014, 07:23:19 PM »
Follow the live updates of the match tonight (Central vs Jabloteh) at CFClive http://centralfctt.com/centrallive/index.php. Improvements and upgrades will be made gradually throughout the next few weeks.

IMPRESSIVE !!!!!!!

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 14, 2014, 07:40:29 PM »

IMPRESSIVE !!!!!!!

Central's performance is also impressive. 4-1 up now.
They seemed to have found their goal scoring boots
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 14, 2014, 08:16:52 PM »
Today's Pro League results

St. Ann’s Rangers    0    vs     North East Stars    1   
                                            Kennedy Hinkson (27’penalty)

San Juan Jabloteh    1    vs    Central FC    4   
Adrian Welsh (55’)
---------------------------------------------------------
Samuel Delice (5’), Jason Marcano (45’), Willis Plaza (59’), (90’)

« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 08:27:21 PM by soccerrama »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 14, 2014, 08:18:44 PM »
Plaza real answered his recent critics boy.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 15, 2014, 03:09:43 AM »

I am happy Central won, however, please remember that its again San Juan Jabloteh though, a second of last team that lost 9, scored 18 and concede 30. Lets see if he will answer again Army on Tuesday.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 15, 2014, 05:20:36 AM »
Convincing win though - exactly hte scoreline you expect from a team pushing higher.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 15, 2014, 08:06:24 AM »

I am happy Central won, however, please remember that its again San Juan Jabloteh though, a second of last team that lost 9, scored 18 and concede 30. Lets see if he will answer again Army on Tuesday.

Agreed, but we drew 1-1 with them last month. Hopefully now, we'll pick up some momentum and turn those draws into wins.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 15, 2014, 03:02:39 PM »
nice win central

any thoughts on the goal scorer for jabloteh?
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 15, 2014, 03:40:28 PM »
Today's Pro League result

Point Fortin Civic FC   2   vs   Caledonia AIA      1   
Marcus Joseph (66’), (79’)
------------------------------------------------------
Noel Williams (9’)

Just wondering if it is usual for a team to play 3 or 4 consecutive home games.
Point had this luxury

25/01/14 vs Central FC  (drew 0-0)
01/02/14 vs W Connection  (won 2-1)
08/02/14 vs San Juan Jabloteh  (won 2-0)
15/02/14 vs Caledonia AIA  (won 2-1)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 04:02:43 PM by soccerrama »

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 15, 2014, 04:52:08 PM »
I have a question for those who get to watch the proleague, who is the better prospect Joevin Jones or Marcus Joseph? I think there is a wide position open and these two could possibly fill it.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 15, 2014, 05:02:06 PM »
huuuuummm... interesting observation soccerrama,

Just so you know Civic didn't make the fixtures, so if that gives us an edge...we'll take it. :beermug:

Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 15, 2014, 05:32:49 PM »

Noel Williams (9’)

Point had this luxury

It's a Pro League policy to bring football into the community. Sadly, in my opinion, it has failed, as after the first month or two, there only seems to be the same number of supporters as at the stadiums. However, it costs a lot of money to play down there once you include transport and overnight accommodation (it can take up to 3 hours to reach there from PoS).
Point are the only team to have true home advantage, and I think this reflects in their results. Compare home fixtures to "away" fixtures.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 15, 2014, 05:33:26 PM »
huuuuummm... interesting observation soccerrama,

Just so you know Civic didn't make the fixtures, so if that gives us an edge...we'll take it. :beermug:

Absolutely! I'd take that any day!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 15, 2014, 05:40:07 PM »
Marcus Joseph is on fire. To the people who following football at home, is he playing that good? You think Hart have him for the near future.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #207 on: February 15, 2014, 06:22:16 PM »
Marcus Joseph is on fire. To the people who following football at home, is he playing that good? You think Hart have him for the near future.

For real, 10 goals since 2014 started, 2 hat-tricks and 2 doubles. And 3 hat-tricks all together this season....

« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 06:59:17 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #208 on: February 15, 2014, 06:50:18 PM »

Noel Williams (9’)

Point had this luxury

They have gone 6 pro league away games straight also....

POINT FORTIN GAMES

Pro League Games

HOME (4 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss)

07:12:13, 3:30pm, Point Fortin Civic FC 1 v Defence Force 3, Mahaica Oval

11:01:14, 3:30pm, Point Fortin Civic 0 v North East Stars 0, Mahaica Oval

18:01:14, 3:30pm, Point Fortin Civic FC 5 v Police FC 0, Mahaica Oval

25:01:14, 3:30pm, Point Fortin Civic FC 0 v Central FC 0, Mahaica Oval

01:02:14, 3:30pm, Point Fortin Civic FC 2 v W Connection 1, Mahaica Oval

08:02:14, 3:30pm, Point Fortin Civic FC 2 v San Juan Jabloteh 0, Mahaica Oval

15:02:14, 3:30pm, Point Fortin Civic FC 2 v Caledonia AIA 1, Mahaica Oval

AWAY (4 wins, 0 draws, 4 loss)

13:09:13, 6:00pm, 8:00pm, Point Fortin Civic FC 4 v Police FC 1, Ato Boldon Stadium

20:09:13, 8:00pm, North East Stars 0 v Point Fortin Civic FC 1, Hasely Crawford Stadium

08:10:13, 6:00pm, St. Ann’s Rangers 0 v Point Fortin Civic 1, Ato Boldon Stadium

22:10:13, 8:00pm, Central FC 3 v Point Fortin Civic FC 0, Ato Boldon Stadium

25:10:13, 8:00pm, W Connection 2 v Point Fortin Civic FC 0, Ato Boldon Stadium

01:11:13, 8:00pm, San Juan Jabloteh 3 v Point Fortin Civic FC 1, Ato Boldon Stadium

03:01:14, 6:00pm, Caledonia AIA 2 v Point Fortin Civic FC 1, Hasely Crawford Stadium

21:01:14, 6:00pm, St. Ann’s Rangers 0 v Point Fortin Civic FC 3, Hasely Crawford Stadium

Other Competitions (First Citizens Cup)

HOME (1 loss - on penalties)

28:09:13, 3:30pm, W Connection 0 v Point Fortin Civic FC 0, Mahaica Oval
After Penalties: W Connection 6 v Point Fortin Civic FC 5

Other Competitions (Toyota Classic Competition)

HOME (1 win, 1 loss)

09:11:13, 6:00pm, Point Fortin Civic (Pro) 11 v Stokely Vale (SL) 0, Mahaica Oval

17:11:13, 3:00pm, Point Fortin Civic 0 v Guaya United 2, Mahaica Oval

Other Competitions (FA-Trophy)

AWAY (1 win)

20:11:13, 8:00pm, Defence Force 0 v Pt Fortin Civic FC 1, Hasely Crawford Stadium

HOME (1 win, 1 loss - on penalties)

27:11:13, 3:00pm, Caledonia AIA (Pro League) 0 v Pt Fortin Civic (Pro League) 3, Mahaica Oval

04/12/13, 3:30 pm, Point Fortin Civic FC (Pro) 0 v North East Stars (Pro) 0, Mahaica Oval
After Penalties:  Point Fortin Civic FC (Pro) 2 v North East Stars 4

« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 06:53:46 PM by Flex »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 15, 2014, 07:26:45 PM »
Flex, you can't argue with facts, but statistics can be misleading!

Point were on fire from day one, and their big supporter presence certainly helped initially (which, of course, is the reason why we support our teams - we can help our team)

But when Central ended their run of three straight wins away from home, the supporters dropped off and their form dipped losing the next 4 Pro League games.

Then came the home matches and their formed returned, which also helped them beat Rangers away from home.

They have been unbeaten at home in their last 6 matches. (Some of that must be due to new signings as well)

But I will always argue that the home venue has made a difference.

1]; } ?>