March 28, 2024, 12:48:27 PM

Author Topic: 2013/14 T&T Pro League  (Read 40425 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2013/14 T&T Pro League Fixtures.
« Reply #210 on: February 17, 2014, 05:38:37 PM »
MATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Caledonia AIA vs Central FC
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/MpbuBdAx5YQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/MpbuBdAx5YQ</a>

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Police FC vs W-Connection FC
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/3Pwqn-BekFw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/3Pwqn-BekFw</a>

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS: North East Stars vs Caledonia AIA
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6phPmFlqLmo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6phPmFlqLmo</a>

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS: St Ann's Rangers FC vs Point Fortin FC
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/cgN6bjBc9o0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/cgN6bjBc9o0</a>

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS: W-Connection FC vs San Juan Jabloteh FC
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2Jpy5TjDNb8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2Jpy5TjDNb8</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 18, 2014, 02:10:47 AM »
Flex, you can't argue with facts, but statistics can be misleading!

Point were on fire from day one, and their big supporter presence certainly helped initially (which, of course, is the reason why we support our teams - we can help our team)

But when Central ended their run of three straight wins away from home, the supporters dropped off and their form dipped losing the next 4 Pro League games.

Then came the home matches and their formed returned, which also helped them beat Rangers away from home.

They have been unbeaten at home in their last 6 matches. (Some of that must be due to new signings as well)

But I will always argue that the home venue has made a difference.

Always nice to see CIVIC generating so much conversation ( and we're not even in first place)... so heartwarming. Civic will always be a team to reckon with in TNT football.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #212 on: February 18, 2014, 11:49:10 AM »

POINT FORTIN GAMES

HOME (4 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss)

AWAY (4 wins, 0 draws, 4 loss)

Other Competitions (First Citizens Cup)

HOME (1 loss - on penalties)

Other Competitions (Toyota Classic Competition)

HOME (1 win, 1 loss)

Other Competitions (FA-Trophy)

AWAY (1 win)

HOME (1 win, 1 loss - on penalties)

When I look at these stats, it tells me that Point has certainly grasp the concept of "We must protect this house". They are 3 games over 500 in the league at home and a 500 club in all competitions at home and away, an area where they certainly needed to improve on. Their away record is not "road warrior" type stats but they are a 500 club on the road which is not the worst either, another area where they can improve on. If you look at WConnection's home and away record, you would get a good probability of why they are leading the league. They are the "road warriors" of the league and they are protecting their house. So, any team going to play Point at home better bring their "A" game or else. On the other hand, if you are in need of 1 point to remain in second place all you have to do is play Central FC. They like building picket fences.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 18, 2014, 04:56:45 PM »
Half time at the Ato Boldon Stadium: Defence Force 0 - 1 Central FC (Oliver - 34 min)
You can follow LIVE at http://centralfctt.com/centrallive/index.php

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 18, 2014, 06:01:10 PM »
Full Time: Defence Force 0 - 2 Central FC (Oliver - 34, Marcano - 71)

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 19, 2014, 05:32:32 AM »
Good going amielisadore with the live updates and Central FC. You guys leads by a miles....

I see Plaza did not get on the score sheet.

I want to see Central in the CCL next season.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 19, 2014, 07:26:46 AM »
Good going amielisadore with the live updates and Central FC. You guys leads by a miles....

Plaza is becoming a real handful. You literally start to leave your seat when he collects the ball outside the box. His pace has returned and he's causing all sorts of problems for defenders, which leaves more room for our attacking mids. I think he'll score at least 10 by the end of the season.

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 19, 2014, 07:58:12 AM »

Plaza is becoming a real handful. You literally start to leave your seat when he collects the ball outside the box. His pace has returned and he's causing all sorts of problems for defenders, which leaves more room for our attacking mids. I think he'll score at least 10 by the end of the season.
Is Rundell injured? I observed he was not in the team yesterday

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 19, 2014, 08:16:27 AM »

Is Rundell injured? I observed he was not in the team yesterday

Suspended - 3 yellows!  Guerra is still out injured with a muscle tear in his chest and Quintero had been ill so only played last 5 mins.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 19, 2014, 09:51:10 AM »

I love his game. He plays hungry. Should be able to secure a contract abroad.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 19, 2014, 12:17:34 PM »
Army always ready to fight says coach
T&T Guardian

Although admitting his team isn’t 100 percent prepared, Defence Force head coach Ross Russell is confident that the returning Army won’t be a pushover. “We are always prepared to fight,” said the two-time Digicel Pro League winning coach. “…we are the Defence Force! But I’m not sure of our sharpness.”

Defence Force will be coming off a month-plus-long stand-down when they meet Central FC in a rescheduled round two fixture today at the Ato Boldon Stadium from 6 pm.

“We would (only) know (our sharpness) as the game goes along,” added Russell. “We haven’t played in about a month and a half, while the other teams have been playing week in, week out.

“We are probably 75 per cent ready. We had no practice matches… only the scrimmages in training over the last few days. The game (against Central) will be tactically played in different parts.”

The defending league champion, Defence Force, was on a four-match undefeated run before a self-imposed suspension of all sporting activities at national, regional and community levels was issued by the T&T Defence Force (TTDF) on January 10.

The suspension came following Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar’s call to use every possible resource in the fight against the spike in violent crime, which at the time, led to 22 murders just 10 days into 2014.

The suspension was lifted last week. Now Russell and assistant coach Marvin Gordon, and such players as Devorn Jorsling, Kevon Carter, Curtis Gonzales, Richard Roy, Jerwyn Balthazar and Corey Rivers can resume their efforts in defence of the league title. However they stand without first choice goalkeeper, Kevin Graham, who is on a promotional course towards the rank of corporal.

The soldiers are positioned seventh on the nine-team standings with 13 points, 20 points away from leaders W Connection (33 points), but have seven games in hand.

Central, meanwhile, sits sixth on the standings with 20 points, the same number held by fifth-positioned Caledonia AIA.

Central’s Willis Plaza, scorer of three goals in the last two matches, and former Defence Force utility player Samuel Delice, the opening scorer against Jabloteh on Friday, should be key components in Terry Fenwick’s side, which will not feature the ineligible striker Rundell Winchester who is suspended on an accumulation of bookings.

The Sharks defeated the soldiers 3-1 in round one and are undefeated in their last eight league matches, but only snapped a six-match winless streak last Friday with a comprehensive 4-1 win over San Juan Jabloteh.

“Undefeated don’t mean anything to me,” Russell responded in relation to Central’s run of form. “We are coming to try and win. We are starting back in terms of trying to defend our title and they will have to run their hearts out to try and beat us.”

Russell, a former T&T and Defence Force goalkeeper, will also lead the soldiers to this season’s Caribbean Football Union (CFU) Club Championship in March, which also serves as the regional qualifying competition to the Concacaf Champions League.

Defence Force will contest Group 3 of the Club Championship hosted in Jamaica from March 21-25, against Guyana’s Alpha United, Suriname’s Sporting Vereniging Notch, and home-team Habour View FC.

At the same time last season’s Pro League runners-up, Caledonia, will contest Group Two against Sportive de Mirebalais of host country Haiti, Inter Moengotapoe of Suriname and Jamaica’s Waterhouse FC.

While Group One will be contested in Puerto Rico, with Centro Dominguito of the Netherlands Antilles, Unite Saint Rosienne of Curacao, Cayman Islands outfit Bodden Town and home team Bayamon FC making up that group.

The winner of each group will advance to the semi-final round.

“We will definitely be ready for the CFU,” said Gordon last week. “We want to go and top our group and advance to the next stage of qualifying for the Concacaf Champions League.”

“We are very confident in our players at the moment, for the tasks ahead. Our players love playing football and being away for the last month, they now have the hunger and thirst to get back to it.”

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 20, 2014, 07:32:45 PM »
Today's result

W Connection   0   vs    Caledonia AIA  0

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 20, 2014, 07:34:10 PM »
Caledonia 0 - 0 W.Connection

Ato Boldon

Caledonia took the first half and should have been 2-0 up at half time. Second half was more even. Connection had a couple of chances and came closest to scoring.
Connection were probably satisfied with the result but not the performance. None of their usual lightning counter attacks and lots of long balls.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #223 on: February 21, 2014, 03:25:05 AM »
I am surprise the clubs in T&T dont complain to the Pro League board and actually TAKE ACTION.......

Every week and every year schedules changes with in-sufficient notice.

And then we complain we have no one in the stands, the league admin is killing the game.

For example, the W Connection vs Caledonia game was carded for today!!! when did they change it and how and why?

STEUPS !!!!...

The league deserve what they get.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 05:57:09 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 21, 2014, 04:21:22 AM »
I am surprise the clubs in T&T dont complain to the Pro League board and actually TAKE ACTION.......

And then we complain we have no one in the stands, the league admin is killing the game.

For example, the W Connection vs Caledonia game was carded for today!!! when did they change it and how and why?

STEUPS !!!!...

Yea but it's the club and fans that suffer. We really need to change the administration and leadership at the Pro League - it's totally unprofessional and it's a slap in the face to all the hard work the clubs put in.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 05:57:37 AM by Flex »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: February 21, 2014, 06:27:41 AM »

STEUPS !!!!...

But the league IS the clubs. Unless enough owners complain, nothing will be changed! It appears that several owners are not focused on attracting spectators? You can tell from how clubs are marketed that they are not trying to interface with fans.

Just so you know, Saturdays game between Police vs North East Stars is cancelled because Police have carnival duties to perform. Army will play North East on Tuesday at Marvin Lee.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #226 on: February 21, 2014, 06:36:48 AM »

STEUPS !!!!...

But the league IS the clubs. Unless enough owners complain, nothing will be changed! It appears that several owners are not focused on attracting spectators? You can tell from how clubs are marketed that they are not trying to interface with fans.

Just so you know, Saturdays game between Police vs North East Stars is cancelled because Police have carnival duties to perform. Army will play North East on Tuesday at Marvin Lee.

Thank you, I have made the changes.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 21, 2014, 10:41:22 AM »
W Connection and Caledonia shoot blanks in Couva Pro League affair

Wired868

DIRECTV W Connection dropped two points at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva tonight but there was little else worth reporting as the runaway leaders played Caledonia AIA to an uninspiring goalless draw in Pro League action.

Picture two boxers repeatedly clinching and landing less than 40 percent of their punches and you would probably get the picture.

Caledonia had two good scoring opportunities in the first half but was denied by Connection goalkeeper Julani Archibald and defender Daneil Cyrus. Connection had two good efforts on target in the second half but could not get past Caledonia goalkeeper Shemel Louison. And that pretty much summed it up.

The point gained by Connection extended its lead over second place Point Fortin Civic to eight points while Caledonia moved ahead of Police FC in fifth spot by goal difference.

Perhaps Caledonia coach Jamaal Shabazz would regret not accomplishing more tonight.

Remarkably, Connection could not get out its own half of the field for the first 30 minutes. The “Eastern Stallions” should have gone ahead after 22 minutes but for a brilliant reflex save from Archibald to deny a Noel Williams header off a Tyrone Charles cross.

The less said about Mekeil Williams’ marking of his namesake, Noel, the better.

Keyon Edwards got a good look at the Connection goal in the 29th minute but scoffed his shot and Cyrus responded quickly with a vital block to keep out Akim Armstrong’s cracking half volley.

Joevin Jones, who moved from midfield to left back in the second half in the absence of the injured Kurt Frederick, had two half chances but could not put either on target. And Connection’s best opportunity came for the unlikely figure of its midfield hardman and captain, Gerrard Williams.

Gerrard’s swivelled at the edge of the area to send a low missile flying towards the left hand upright in the 84th minute. Somehow, Louison stuck his hand out to turn the shot around the post.

From the resulting corner kick, Connection winger Stefano Rijssel, who returned from an unsuccessful trial with MLS team Seattle Sounders, almost embarrassed Louison with an angled header that the latter juggled against the bar before finally holding on.

The draw was inevitable after that.

Pro League action continues in Couva tomorrow as third place Central FC tackles St Ann’s Rangers from 6 pm while defending champion Defence Force faces San Juan Jabloteh from 8 pm in the second game of a double header.

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 21, 2014, 01:46:38 PM »
Central FC will look to extend their unbeaten streak to 10 games tonight against St. Ann's Rangers. Kick off is at 6 pm at the Ato Boldon Stadium. You can follow the action at CFClive for LIVE match updates http://centralfctt.com/centrallive/index.php

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 21, 2014, 03:53:02 PM »
CFClive is currently experiencing some technical difficulties. We are trying to get it rectified.

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 21, 2014, 04:51:30 PM »
Half Time:

Central FC 2 v 0 St Ann's Rangers
Marcano 12
Plaza 39

Teams

Central FC: 21.Jan-Michael Williams; 12.Jamal Jack, 2.Elton John, 50.Yohance Marshall, 3.Keion Goodridge; 6.Leston Paul, 10.Marvin Oliver (capt), 11.Darren Mitchell, 7.Jason Marcano, 27.Samuel Delice; 1.Willis Plaza.

St Ann's Rangers: Unknown.

Venue: Ato Boldon Stadium.

Attendance: Unknown.

Half-Time Stats

Central FC v Rangers
60% POSSESSION 40%
7 SHOTS 2
1 CORNERS 0
0 FOULS 0

« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 05:34:14 PM by Flex »

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 21, 2014, 06:02:09 PM »
FT: CFC 6 - Rangers 0

Marcano 12, Oliver assist.
Plaza 39, Mitchell assist.
Mitchell 59, Marcano assist.
Plaza 61, Winchester assist.
Plaza 81, Peltier assist.
Peltier 90, Paul assist.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 06:13:51 PM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 21, 2014, 08:56:14 PM »
Defence Force 3 - 0 San Juan Jabloteh

Belgrave '10, Jorsling '35, own goal '45

Army had man sent off in 2nd half.

Probably the poorest Jabloteh performance I've seen all season. Kept losing shape and their defence, which is usually pretty good, was nowhere for the first two goals. 3rd goal was an unfortunate unpressured own goal when the defender headed a backpass over the keepers head.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 09:00:14 PM by Football supporter »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 21, 2014, 09:51:54 PM »
MATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Central FC vs North East Stars
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Q9VUykto0Xw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Q9VUykto0Xw</a>

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Police FC vs St Ann's Rangers
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/o_M-UioPoQY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/o_M-UioPoQY</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 07, 2014, 07:47:29 AM »
Pro League action resumes
T&T Express

Pro League club St Ann’s Rangers used the  Carnival break to do some community work, but are back in action tomorrow against  leaders W Connection at Ato Boldon Stadium.

Pro League action resumes today with a Marvin Lee Stadium double-header featuring Police and inform-Point Fortin Civic at 6 p.m., while Caledonia AIA face North East Stars two hours later. There is also a match on Sunday between Central FC and Defence Force at Larry Gomes Stadium, Arima.

Saturday mornings are typically a good opportunity to roll out of bed late, but on Carnival Saturday the player of St Ann’s Rangers were up early.  Players, coaches and managers of the St. Ann’s club all  volunteered their services at the Trinity College ground in Moka, Maraval, which also serves as their youth teams’ home venue. As part of the TT Pro League’s HOPE (Helping Others is a Priority Everyday) project, Rangers decided to give Trinity’s pavilion and ground a much-needed facelift.

The field was cut, and the pavilion was cleaned and painted in Trinity’s brilliant green and yellow. Rangers’ team manager Jason Spence, who supervised and also joined in the exercise, said the club has been involved with the school for some time and took the opportunity to beautify their pavilion in keeping with the goals of the HOPE project.

St Kitts international Kennedy Isles, who is in his first Pro League season, said, “I thought it would be hard but now I feel we are having fun and growing as a team. It’s good to build the relationship with the school as well.”
The 23-year-old added that playing in Trinidad has been a great experience for him and that he has matured as a footballer.

Ghanaian forward Michael Yaw Darko, another Rangers player , said that while the club is having a very tough season, they were happy to work as a team to contribute to the school.

DIGICEL PRO LEAGUE MATCHES:
(Today - 6th March)
6 (p.m) –  Police FC vs Point Fortin Civic, Marvin Lee Stadium
8 (p.m) –  Caledonia AIA vs North East Stars, Marvin Lee Stadium

(Tomorrow)
5 (p.m) – St. Ann’s Rangers vs W Connection, Ato Boldon Stadium

(Sunday)
4 (p.m) – Central FC vs Defence Force, Larry Gomes Stadium

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 07, 2014, 08:28:24 AM »
Pro League action resumes
T&T Express

Pro League club St Ann’s Rangers used the  Carnival break to do some community work, but are back in action tomorrow against  leaders W Connection at Ato Boldon Stadium.

Pro League action resumes today with a Marvin Lee Stadium double-header featuring Police and inform-Point Fortin Civic at 6 p.m., while Caledonia AIA face North East Stars two hours later. There is also a match on Sunday between Central FC and Defence Force at Larry Gomes Stadium, Arima.

Saturday mornings are typically a good opportunity to roll out of bed late, but on Carnival Saturday the player of St Ann’s Rangers were up early.  Players, coaches and managers of the St. Ann’s club all  volunteered their services at the Trinity College ground in Moka, Maraval, which also serves as their youth teams’ home venue. As part of the TT Pro League’s HOPE (Helping Others is a Priority Everyday) project, Rangers decided to give Trinity’s pavilion and ground a much-needed facelift.

The field was cut, and the pavilion was cleaned and painted in Trinity’s brilliant green and yellow. Rangers’ team manager Jason Spence, who supervised and also joined in the exercise, said the club has been involved with the school for some time and took the opportunity to beautify their pavilion in keeping with the goals of the HOPE project.

St Kitts international Kennedy Isles, who is in his first Pro League season, said, “I thought it would be hard but now I feel we are having fun and growing as a team. It’s good to build the relationship with the school as well.”
The 23-year-old added that playing in Trinidad has been a great experience for him and that he has matured as a footballer.

Ghanaian forward Michael Yaw Darko, another Rangers player , said that while the club is having a very tough season, they were happy to work as a team to contribute to the school.

DIGICEL PRO LEAGUE MATCHES:
(Today - 6th March)
6 (p.m) –  Police FC vs Point Fortin Civic, Marvin Lee Stadium
8 (p.m) –  Caledonia AIA vs North East Stars, Marvin Lee Stadium

(Tomorrow)
5 (p.m) – St. Ann’s Rangers vs W Connection, Ato Boldon Stadium

(Sunday)
4 (p.m) – Central FC vs Defence Force, Larry Gomes Stadium

Good work, Rangers.  :applause: :applause:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #237 on: March 07, 2014, 08:04:36 PM »
Results.

07:03:14, 6:00pm, Police FC 0 v Point Fortin Civic FC 3 (Marcus Joseph 21, Andre Toussaint 37, own-goal), Marvin Lee Stadium

07:03:14, 8:00pm, Caledonia AIA 2 (Densill Theobald 32, 85) v North East Stars 3 (Trevin Ceasar 7, 61, Kennedy Hinkson 87), Marvin Lee Stadium

Standings

P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts
W Connection  15  10  4  1  30  9  34
Point Fortin Civic FC  16  9  2  5  26  16  29
Central FC  16  6  8  2  28  15  26
North East Stars  16  7  5  4  17  12  26
Caledonia AIA  16  5  6  5  24  19  21
Police FC  15  6  3  6  19  23  21
Defence Force  11  5  2  4  19  17  17
San Juan Jabloteh  16  3  2  11  19  37  11
St Anns Rangers  15  1  0  14  12  45  3

« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 03:18:02 AM by Flex »

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 07, 2014, 08:13:17 PM »
W Connection

Played 15 matches
Won 10 matches
Drew 4 matches
Lost 1 match
Scored 30 goals
Conceded 9 goals
Points 34

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 08, 2014, 03:38:43 AM »
Big win for NE Stars there, anyone at the game?

1]; } ?>