March 28, 2024, 08:58:12 AM

Author Topic: 2013/14 T&T Pro League  (Read 40424 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2013/14 T&T Pro League Fixtures.
« Reply #240 on: March 08, 2014, 04:27:11 AM »
Big win for NE Stars there, anyone at the game?

Was typical North East- solid defence and Caesar on the break. They look exactly the same as last year with Caesar now playing the Cornell Glen role just as effectively as he did. Several times Caesar was in a 3 v 1 break and still got away a shot.
To be fair, I felt Caledonia were well on top in the first half after conceding the early goal against the run of play. Lots of handbags in the second half. Cale strongly believed North Easts second goal was suspect. It looked like they thought the keeper was fouled. After Cale equalised, Caesar was floored in a 1 vs 1 and it all erupted again!
Cale look worryingly short of CONCACAF standards while Caesar looks positively lethal. Same as last year for North East: stop their striker and you have a chance.

Point Fortin seemed to have trouble playing on a smaller pitch. Despite the goals, Police were on top throughout first half. But typically of Police, they were fairly impotent in the last third. The O.G. really knocked the wind out of them and the 2nd half was fairly tame. Point were creating most of the chances and scored their third in the 5th minute of added time. (there were two lengthy injury breaks while the Point keeper had treatment.)

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 08, 2014, 06:07:22 AM »
Sounds like v interesting games. Caesar's performances from what I've heard seem to be pretty damn good - any chance he could push into the NT?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 08, 2014, 06:21:24 AM »
Sounds like v interesting games. Caesar's performances from what I've heard seem to be pretty damn good - any chance he could push into the NT?

He's already in the senior team pool. Made his debut against Jamaica last November.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 08, 2014, 06:56:02 AM »

He's already in the senior team pool. Made his debut against Jamaica last November.

Thought he was being forced out by Winchester, Jorsling and Plaza lately? I guess I should rephrase - is he better than our alternatives?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 08, 2014, 08:01:03 AM »

Thought he was being forced out by Winchester, Jorsling and Plaza lately? I guess I should rephrase - is he better than our alternatives?

Other than Kenwyne, the forward positions are completely up for grabs. No one else has established themselves.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 08, 2014, 10:27:44 AM »

Other than Kenwyne, the forward positions are completely up for grabs. No one else has established themselves.

... and that by itself is disturbing. No disrespect to KJ.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 08, 2014, 09:21:44 PM »
Are there any video highlights of the Civic v Police match as well as the Civic v Caledonia match?
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 09, 2014, 02:15:10 PM »
Follow live updates of the match between Central FC and Defence Force FC at CFClive http://centralfctt.com/centrallive/index.php. Match has just kicked off.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 09, 2014, 03:24:44 PM »
Come on Central.

2-1 so far in favor of Army.

Would love Army to win in Carter's name, but Central is meh team.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 09, 2014, 04:23:56 PM »
3 - 2 Central
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 11, 2014, 09:43:25 PM »
Ato Boldon

North East Stars 3 - 0 Police F.C.

Despite the scoreline, a very dull game. North East got the goals that mattered (third was an own goal). Police were never in the game and the whole team would never have scored tonite, even if they were on Murray St. 

Caledonia 0 - 2 Defence Force.

Caledonia appeared to have modeled their game on Police. To be fair, they did have a few lame attempts. I think they won one corner. Army were not exactly impressive, but like North East, they hit the net when it mattered. I'm truly frightened for these two teams in the CFU. Perhaps Army are still not fully focused, but with another game on Thursday vs Point Fortin, they need to find another gear.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 11, 2014, 11:11:21 PM »
Ato Boldon

Despite the scoreline, a very dull game. North East got the goals that mattered (third was an own goal). Police were never in the game and the whole team would never have scored tonite, even if they were on Murray St. 

Caledonia appeared to have modeled their game on Police. To be fair, they did have a few lame attempts. I think they won one corner. Army were not exactly impressive, but like North East, they hit the net when it mattered. I'm truly frightened for these two teams in the CFU. Perhaps Army are still not fully focused, but with another game on Thursday vs Point Fortin, they need to find another gear.

There will be no gear finding against Civic on Thursday ;D  sorry Army. We need the points.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 12, 2014, 01:04:59 AM »
What's happening with Caledonia this season?

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 12, 2014, 03:05:15 AM »
What's happening with Caledonia this season?

Shabazz.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: March 12, 2014, 06:50:48 AM »
Ato Boldon

There will be no gear finding against Civic on Thursday ;D  sorry Army. We need the points.

Actually, I'm now wondering if Army are playing Rangers on Thursday! I'll check!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 13, 2014, 04:26:08 AM »
FT: CFC 6 - Rangers 0

Marcano 12, Oliver assist.
Plaza 39, Mitchell assist.
Mitchell 59, Marcano assist.
Plaza 61, Winchester assist.
Plaza 81, Peltier assist.
Peltier 90, Paul assist.

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Central FC vs St. Ann’s Rangers

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zxWgPh3T-TM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zxWgPh3T-TM</a>

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 15, 2014, 06:47:15 PM »
Police 4- 0 St Anns Rangers
Larry Gomes Stadium

Not sure what's happening to my Rangers team. Of course, they're still not winning, but the way they've been playing, I expected them to maybe get a draw from Police & Jabloteh.
But today there was none of their usual verve and passion. They looked estranged from each other, and some guys were clearly playing out of position.
If I had been coach, I would have looked as this fixture as an opportunity to get the pride back into the team. To give them a winning (or at least a drawing) feeling. So playing my striker in midfield would not have entered my mind!
Police were as solid as usual, but were given tons of space in midfield so they could get some target practice. This could be an important result for the league, as maybe it's the Police who have gained new confidence and could upset a few title contenders if they recover their early form.
They were certainly confident today and Rangers were lucky to peg the score at 4. Rangers were also guilty of some horrendous misses.
When your strikers need to find the net to gain confidence, a game against a team who have conceded 26 in 15 games would be a dream. And confidence is clearly non existent at the moment for these youngsters.
And now facing Point Fortin next, who have scored 26 in 16, you wonder how they will raise themselves for the game.

Bring back my old Rangers!!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #258 on: March 15, 2014, 06:52:50 PM »
Thanx FS, you are such a valuable member here.

Cheers.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 16, 2014, 03:59:01 AM »
Great summary. You never know in football though, it'd certainly be something if Rangers won at Point Fortin. Hell it'd be great if they could win full stop before the end of the season and give the youngsters something to cheer about.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Big game at Ato Bolden tonight!!
« Reply #260 on: March 16, 2014, 07:20:47 PM »
Army 1 -0 Point Fortin

Whoever says the Pro League isn't exciting or good quality is living in the dark ages!

Point Fortin vs Defence Force tonight was a massive game! Army needed to make up points before their Caribbean Cup trip to Jamaica, while Point knew a win tonight in their game in hand would set them up nicely to move into second spot if they beat Rangers on Tuesday.

Nice crowd too - around 500 and not all were from Point. Aside from Army fans, there were a lot of neutrals. With several big games coming up, it would be great if we get back to 1,000 plus in the stadium.

Ok, so the pitch was a little rough after 2 youth team games earlier. Both teams came out fighting to win. It was pretty much Army attacking with Point looking to break. They had the first clear chance when Joseph got clear only to hit the post (twice, I think!).

But army played some nice intricate attacking moves and scored with a fortunate, but deserved goal. Much drama followed with Point hitting the woodwork again and both teams suffering near misses. Some justified off sides and some plain poor decisions followed as well as patchy decisions on fouls. A nasty two footed challenge by Army thoroughly deserved a red card - and got one.

All in all, a great game to watch with lots of good football and talking points.

Really loving Pro League at the moment!!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 10:03:50 PM by Football supporter »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Big game at Ato Bolden tonight!!
« Reply #261 on: March 16, 2014, 07:36:18 PM »
FS, you tell we all ah dat. Thanks. But what is or what the score?

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Big game at Ato Bolden tonight!!
« Reply #262 on: March 17, 2014, 03:00:55 AM »
Sounds like the Pro League quality is increasing :) any stand-out players for you FS?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 17, 2014, 07:25:23 AM »
Sounds like the Pro League quality is increasing :) any stand-out players for you FS?

It was a hectic kinda game, but no one really took charge. Both defences were solid as a unit. I can't say that there were any marquee individual performances last night.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 18, 2014, 09:46:36 PM »
Funny old game, football.

You see fixtures like Point Fortin vs Rangers and Jabloteh vs W.Connection and feel sure that you know exactly what will happen. Is it even worth bothering to attend, unless you're interested in just how many goals Point or Connection will score. But those that didn't go missed an intriguing evening.

Point Fortin Civic 2 - 1 St Ann's Rangers

Just when you thought it was safe to play St Ann's, my Rangers are back. And this time they're dangerous!!
Fielding 4 teenage trialist debutantes, you feared for the Port of Spain outfit before the game, but Rangers were inspirational. They took the lead in the 10th minute, and deservedly so. This was a Point Fortin team seldom seen this season. Nervy and, dare I say, seemingly clueless at times. Rangers kids played with the gusto and verve I have admired this season, but now they have an end product. Still a little hesitant in front of goal, but they suddenly understand what the opponents goal is for and took ample target practice.
To be fair to Point, they had several good chances, but the Rangers keeper had a good game. Points penalty was debatable, but the officials had a remarkably good game and the decision was 50/50. Civics 2nd goal was nice and well taken. This victory lifted Point to 3rd place on goal difference, equal with North East and Central on 32 points from 18 games. However, of the two coaches, I'm sure that the Rangers coach was happier tonight. Point Fortin will have to step up if they want to take any points from Central in the six pointer on Friday night. Praise must go out to the four debutantes who will certainly be signed by Rangers and a stand out performance from captain Jelani Peters. If Rangers stay in this form, they will take points from someone, which could effect the top two places.

W.Connection 4 - 0 San Juan Jabloteh 

I obviously hoped that Jabloteh could do the same to Connection that Rangers did to Point. However, after less than 3 minutes, Jabloteh keeper, Shane Mattis was injured in a collision and spent around 5 minutes receiving treatment. He was clearly unfit to continue and took off his jersey at one point, but Jabloteh had forgotten to pack a reserve keeper, so the gutsy Jamaican had no choice but to continue.
Whether it was to protect their injured keeper or maybe because their mainstay central defender Dario Holmes was absent, Jabloteh played with a virtual back 6, affording Connection no room to play in the final third. However, this left the San Juan outfit with minimal attacking outlets and they spent the whole first half parking the bus, although they did manage a few half chances. More worrying was that Connection seemed nonplussed by Jablotehs defensive plot and couldn't find away through, much as they failed for 45 minutes against 10 man Central on Friday. Maybe the pressure of being chased in the league and seeing their lead increasingly reduced had taken its toll, as there was none of the usual flowing football that became a trademark of Connections season before January.
The game reached half time with the score at 0-0, but you believed that Connection would eventually beat the injured Mattis in the Jabloteh goal.
However, surprise, surprise, Jabloteh came out fighting and put some decent pressure on Connection in the first few minutes. However, it was only a matter of time before Connection scored. While Mattis managed to save Britto's shot but there was no strength in the Jamaican's wrist and the ball rebounded back to Britto to knock home. Mattis was way short of 100% and he would not have allowed Benjamin's cross to reach Joevin Jones had he been fit. Jones had an easy finish and a landslide looked likely.
Connection were back to their clinical selves in the second half and their third goal was a beauty and reminded us of the quality that has been missing over the last 4 or 5 games. Again it was Jones who benefitted from some nice play by Arcia. It seems like there is some kind of law these days that says that Apai has to score, and he popped home the fourth after a blistering run. But there were still a few wobbles for Connection as Jabloteh tried to make a game of it. Jean-Luc Rochford was easily San Juans best player and he had a few shots, one of which clipped the crossbar.
Hats off to a brave performance by Mattis and questions must be asked why Keith Jeffrey hadn't put a reserve keeper on the bench.
Connection look far from the steam rolling machine they were before Christmas, but they now have an 8 point lead and only self destruction will prevent them lifting the title. However, a strong North East Stars team will face them on Friday in a scintillating double header at Ato Boldon that could see 2nd spot change places twice inside two hours. Who will be second on Saturday morning? North East Stars, Point Fortin or Central F.C.? 

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 18, 2014, 10:15:37 PM »
Thanks for the entertaining report FS.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 19, 2014, 01:26:47 AM »
Yea your summaries are great - 3rd minute is desperately unlucky to get an injured keeper, especially with no options on the bench!

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 19, 2014, 06:25:44 AM »
Good going FS.

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 21, 2014, 05:55:00 PM »
Get live updates from the big clash of Central FC and Point Fortin Civic FC at CFClive --->http://centralfctt.com/centrallive/index.php

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 21, 2014, 09:32:33 PM »
North East Stars 1 - 1 W.Connection

Not a bad crowd for the first of two big games tonight. 2nd spot could change 3 times during the course of the evening.

The game wasn't bad with North East as usual defending deep and relying on fast breaks. To me (and I have to be careful because I am accused of being anti - Connection) the game hinged on two incidents in which the referee influenced the game. Around 27 minutes a strong tackle on a North East player saw him crash into a team mate, both pole axed on the ground. The spinning ball fell to another North East player and another strong tackle floored him too. I felt that both tackles were fouls (but not worthy of a yellow card). For some reason that I can't fathom, Daneil Cyrus strongly contested the foul and and out of nowhere, a melee occurred in which several players continued to chase down and push each other.  The referee eventually calmed things with the help of a referees assistant and issued a yellow card to (I think) Cyrus and a North East player and, maybe a third to another Connection player.
Now, I like Cyrus, but I felt that his actions warranted a red card.  Most of the crowd seemed to agree.
This is where the consistency of referees comes into question, because one week a red card is shown for foul language and the next a yellow for aggressive behavior. Two different sins, but which is the worse?

So North East patch themselves up and, against the run of play, Trevin Caesar scores a beautiful goal.

But Connection get right back on the attack. A long ball goes into the box and it appears (to me) that the Connection striker is fouled. But the ref plays the advantage and the Connection guy heads wide. Then the ref signals a penalty. Everyone in the crowd is nonplussed! There was definitely a foul inside the box, but the player still controlled the ball and had his attempt on target. Joevin Jones slotted away the penalty nicely.

The rest of the game was littered with Connection attacks. North East defended well (as usual) and had one or two chances themselves. A draw seemed a fair result, but those two decisions effected the game and it's a shame that top games like this are decided by the ref.

Point Fortin 0 - 2 Central F.C.

The crowd had more than doubled by the second game to around 500 with the SIS Tassa band setting the rhythm. Again, it was a case of one team (Point) sitting back and attacking on the break, while Central attacked from all angles. Central were forced to make three changes, with Guerra and Oliver suspended and Mitchell not recovered from the injury that saw him carried off after 10 minutes vs Connection last week. Benjamin came into left back position while Jamal Jack moved up to midfield alongside de Silva, with Winchester as an attacking midfielder.

Central were pushing for the opener, but Civic looked lively too. Central's first goal could have been cancelled out by the ref when Marshall raised his foot at head height to reach the ball. It fell to Jamal Jack to hit home.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152296835587095&set=o.478681882226491&type=2&theater

As we saw last week, it appears that a first goal is a signal for Central to keep attacking and two minutes later, Winchester doubled the score.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152296843157095&set=o.478681882226491&type=2&theater

Point Fortin scored a nice goal, which was ruled offside. I was at the other end of the pitch, so I can't say if the decision was just, but the referees assistant had his flag raised early. For me, the best moment of the first half was a superb 25 yard shot from (I think) Marcus Joseph. I was right behind the ball and it swerved towards the top corner away from Jan-Michael Williams. However, Williams showed great footwork and launched himself to get a hand to the ball. Great shot and great goalkeeping.

Second half was workmanlike for Central, who have learned how to hold onto a lead at last. For me, Yohance Marshall was Man of the Match with another solid performance in front of Stephen Hart, with Sean de Silva impressing in the middle. In the 93rd minute a Point Fortin player earned a second yellow after a clear two footed tackle, which seemed to anger the Point players and supporters, but I felt the decision was fair. Central are now 13 games unbeaten, and still haven't lost in 2014.

So, Connection's lead is down to 6 points, with Central 2 points clear of North East and 3 points ahead of Point Fortin. All four teams have 5 games left, many of which are against each other, or Army, who have 4 games in hand and sit 6 points behind Point Fortin.

Plenty of big games left this season, and I'm sure there will be more twists in the tale.

Who says the Pro League is boring???
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 09:45:16 PM by Football supporter »

1]; } ?>