April 20, 2024, 03:06:35 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs United Arab Emirates Game (5-Sept-2013).  (Read 47847 times)

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs United Arab Emirates Game (5-Sept-2013).
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2013, 09:09:11 AM »
Denzil role should be water boy thats it. What a waste of a good plane ticket, Jones is the new leader not frikin Theobald. He is plain and simple a wasted option, always has been. Any club he has been to outside Trinidad has not kept him because he is inconsistent and lacks the drive, leadership and skill to perform at the highest level. People want to say he can offer experience and leadership to younger players? Give me a break, the man highest consistent level is the pro league, he was such a good leader in GC that he was changed quickly and replaced.  What type of International experience can he offer to help a young player, I was in the Stadium when he Captained the side in Miami, Hoyte and the other midfielders wanted to strangle him by their reactions off the ball. The man good for the Pro League that's it, keep him there.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2013, 10:39:34 AM »
Denzil role should be water boy thats it. What a waste of a good plane ticket, Jones is the new leader not frikin Theobald. He is plain and simple a wasted option, always has been. Any club he has been to outside Trinidad has not kept him because he is inconsistent and lacks the drive, leadership and skill to perform at the highest level. People want to say he can offer experience and leadership to younger players? Give me a break, the man highest consistent level is the pro league, he was such a good leader in GC that he was changed quickly and replaced.  What type of International experience can he offer to help a young player, I was in the Stadium when he Captained the side in Miami, Hoyte and the other midfielders wanted to strangle him by their reactions off the ball. The man good for the Pro League that's it, keep him there.

He started in 3 World Cup games and not many of our players could say the same. So experience wise, that should count for something.  ;)
I am one of Bleeder's critics, but there has to be some veteran leadership on the team, so that the youngsters can be groomed to eventually take the helm.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2013, 11:32:40 AM »
Soooo... I watching CNN and realizing that the almighty USA are getting ready to bomb up Syria and they asking what Saudi Arabia and UAE role will be in this. Will any of this affect the tournament?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2013, 01:08:44 PM »

improve your football iq first and then come and talk, have you ever spoken to bleeder?

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2013, 01:24:10 PM »
Man vex because people talking bout drop Theobald... He was shit then and still shit, he played in a WC, big deal. Some these youngsters playing at a higher level than him and way better than him. What can he teach them? Loyalty? If he did not earn a spot based on performance, then give a youngster s chance in that position.

You may ask who can play that position... Does it really matter at this stage? Give a youth a chance, he can't be to worse than Denzel, he had his chance. DROP HIM!!

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2013, 02:07:46 PM »
Man vex because people talking bout drop Theobald... He was shit then and still shit, he played in a WC, big deal. Some these youngsters playing at a higher level than him and way better than him. What can he teach them? Loyalty? If he did not earn a spot based on performance, then give a youngster s chance in that position.

You may ask who can play that position... Does it really matter at this stage? Give a youth a chance, he can't be to worse than Denzel, he had his chance. DROP HIM!!

that may be, but for all the people who calling for yutes to get a chance not one of ya'll call name yet. so who in your opinion that is NOT on this team can effectively replace theobald in that particular role.

imo only one player i am familiar with that has the ability to do so. that is leston paul, and hart already see him and say...not yet.  maybe jomal williams,. but he could not even show up against curacao u-20 last year.

trust me, as much as bleeder has his limitations, he is not the problem nor is it his fault. its uneven, inconsistent development that killing us. 
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 02:24:39 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2013, 04:40:49 PM »

that may be, but for all the people who calling for yutes to get a chance not one of ya'll call name yet. so who in your opinion that is NOT on this team can effectively replace theobald in that particular role.

imo only one player i am familiar with that has the ability to do so. that is leston paul, and hart already see him and say...not yet.  maybe jomal williams,. but he could not even show up against curacao u-20 last year.

trust me, as much as bleeder has his limitations, he is not the problem nor is it his fault. its uneven, inconsistent development that killing us. 
Leston Paul was one that came to mind, but like you said SH said he is not ready yet. I could see De Silver being groomed for that spot too, and if not these players, I'm sure there are local players in the league that would love to get a shot at that position for the NT. Denzel may not be there for the next WCQ, so why not find a player who can be groomed for it? As far as who, I honestly don't know, but I'm sure we have players who can fill the spot. We just need to find them.

Besides, Hyland more than capable of playing in that role as well.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2013, 09:30:23 PM »

Leston Paul was one that came to mind, but like you said SH said he is not ready yet. I could see De Silver being groomed for that spot too, and if not these players, I'm sure there are local players in the league that would love to get a shot at that position for the NT. Denzel may not be there for the next WCQ, so why not find a player who can be groomed for it? As far as who, I honestly don't know, but I'm sure we have players who can fill the spot. We just need to find them.

posted a line-up with hyland as a holding mid, that's the only position i am comfortable with supporting him in, it suits him and his style of play, with guerra and peltier back in the mix, we have our creative mids, hyland will have to be eased into that role and bleeder eased out

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2013, 09:34:13 PM »

posted a line-up with hyland as a holding mid, that's the only position i am comfortable with supporting him in, it suits him and his style of play, with guerra and peltier back in the mix, we have our creative mids, hyland will have to be eased into that role and bleeder eased out

I saw your line up, not bad at all... I would swap Molino and Guerra though. Hyland in that position may not be a bad idea at all.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2013, 10:43:33 AM »
Sooooo we could see any of these games live??  Ah link or two??
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2013, 11:24:08 AM »

I saw your line up, not bad at all... I would swap Molino and Guerra though. Hyland in that position may not be a bad idea at all.

never really viewed him as a winger, I have always known his strength to be his short passing game, whether he has developed his ability to cross the ball well, I can't comment on bc i haven't seen his games in europe and what he has improved on.

Hart will know alot better if he can serve us in that role but I would not bestow a center mid role on molino until her has more experience and guerra imo is by far a better passer of the ball and creator, so I would be hesitant to place him on the wing for now
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 11:28:22 AM by Controversial »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2013, 11:32:46 AM »
Good line ups. Try a tweak as follows:

Jan

Bateau                        Primus
                        Hoyte                                                       Cyrus

Theobald
                                                                 Hyland
                        Peltier                                                    Guerra

Molino                         
                                                                Jones
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2013, 11:51:44 AM »

:beermug:   :beermug:   :beermug:
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2013, 11:56:02 AM »
Sooooo we could see any of these games live??  Ah link or two??

The links to the live feeds will probably be on JustinTV.com ; that site typically has all those links to internationals. 

Another great site is www.godsport.info 
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2013, 03:13:34 PM »
Good line ups. Try a tweak as follows:

Jan

Bateau                        Primus
                        Hoyte                                                       Cyrus

Theobald
                                                                 Hyland
                        Peltier                                                    Guerra

Molino                         
                                                                Jones

dreamer ah sorry but dat team not winning especially if u must win, some of u have to come to terms with the fact that if u MUST win bleeder simply isn't the man ......and with midfield option we have 4-2-3-1 is more than adequate for attacking especially if we have mids on the field dat not allergic to the forward pass
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 05:16:08 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2013, 04:25:48 PM »
 :rotfl: lefty you is a funny fellah indeed " not allergic to the forward pass". Nice one.
Bleeder's a good organizer when teams try to rush us in the back. He thinks smart under pressure and keeps possession. That is more of an art than you give credit for. Technically very very sound and passes the ball neatly and crisply and properly weighted right onto de man boots. Sorry lefty. He's on my team as a starter or subs .... and he's on Hart's and Beenie's team so doh be vex wit me. Ask de men with all the coaching badges and years of experience but I know you mean well. When we get Hector then there will be more options.  :beermug:

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2013, 05:31:34 PM »
:rotfl: lefty you is a funny fellah indeed " not allergic to the forward pass". Nice one.
Bleeder's a good organizer when teams try to rush us in the back. He thinks smart under pressure and keeps possession. That is more of an art than you give credit for. Technically very very sound and passes the ball neatly and crisply and properly weighted right onto de man boots. Sorry lefty. He's on my team as a starter or subs .... and he's on Hart's and Beenie's team so doh be vex wit me. Ask de men with all the coaching badges and years of experience but I know you mean well. When we get Hector then there will be more options.  :beermug:

well from many eyewitness accounts during the GC he was more Liability than asset for a very hefty part of 180mins plus stoppage, but to each his own .....but for me personally I think Banter's recipe have better chance of bein' ah good pelau  :beermug: ;D

Would like to see :

4-2-3-1

----------------------------------JAN----------------------

--Hoyte-------------Cyrus---------------Primus----------------David

---------------------Hyland------------Boucaud

------------Peltier---------------Guerra---------------Molino
-------------------------------Kenwyne
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 05:40:00 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2013, 06:08:00 PM »
wont mind a Trophy
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2013, 06:18:08 PM »
TV?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2013, 07:53:16 PM »
         Ok lefty this should make you happy. Replacing Bleeder with Boucaud as long as Boucaud doh make errors under pressure in front de box in de first 15 mins. Daiz Theobald job, doh make turnovers in our half. As simple as it sounds we socawarriors does be kinda hard of hearing.                                                   

Jan

Bateau                Primus
                        Hoyte                                                            Cyrus

Hyland
                                               Boucaud               
                        Peltier                                                          Guerra

Molino                         
                                                                       Jones

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2013, 05:06:02 AM »
Theobald on 90-something caps right? They giving him his century before they declare ;D

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2013, 06:04:22 AM »
         Ok lefty this should make you happy. Replacing Bleeder with Boucaud as long as Boucaud doh make errors under pressure in front de box in de first 15 mins. Daiz Theobald job, doh make turnovers in our half. As simple as it sounds we socawarriors does be kinda hard of hearing.                                                   

Jan

Bateau                Primus
                        Hoyte                                                            Cyrus

Hyland
                                               Boucaud               
                        Peltier                                                          Guerra

Molino                         
                                                                       Jones

my mind could buy into dat ....like d fact dat yuh have molino withdrawn too.....my main problem with us playin 4-4-2 was getting isolated in zones but Hart an dem seem to be workin on dat problem.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 06:09:16 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2013, 06:09:17 AM »
How many hours ahead is Saudi Arabia?
Youtube Channel

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2013, 06:50:59 AM »

7 hours
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
UAE set for OSN Cup opener
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2013, 06:52:33 AM »
UAE set for OSN Cup opener
By Hisham Al Gizouli (Khaleej Times)

The UAE senior football national team’s players stretched their legs at a nearby training facility ahead of the international tournament which kick-starts on Thursday at the King Fahd International Stadium in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

National teams of Saudi Arabia, UAE, New Zealand and Trinidad & Tobago line up for honours in the inaugural edition of the two-day competition.

UAE and Trinidad & Tobago lock horns in their first-every head-to-head clash early in the evening and will be followed by the highly anticipated match between Saudi Arabia and New Zealand at the same venue.

On Monday, the 3rd and 4th place decider match between the losers takes place at 18:45 KSA; while the winning teams go directly to the OSN Cup 2013 finals which takes place later in the evening. More than 65,000 spectators are expected to watch the matches at the stadium along with millions of fans from across the world cheering their favourite teams through live TV.

Audiences across the region can enjoy all the action from OSN Cup Live and in stunning High Definition on OSN Sports HD and via ON Play where the matches will be streamed live so viewers can watch anytime, anywhere on multiple devices. Viewers can also tune in to Saudi TV and Dubai TV.

OSN Cup, set to become an annual OSN initiative, is part of the network’s wider plans to roll out several new activities across the Arab world that promote youth engagement and bring the family together for fun entertainment experiences. Meanwhile, the UAE delegation has safely touched down at the King Abdul Aziz International Airport in Riyadh on Saturday and were received by officials representing the UAEFA, UAE embassy and the Saudi FA before they settled at the Holiday Inn Hotel.

In the meantime, Al Wahda’s forward Essa Ahmed Santo reunited with the squad on the demand of the UAE head coach Mahdi Ali. Santo was selected for the national team on many occasions and his last appearance was against Lebanon in the 2014 Brazil Fifa World Cup Qualifiers. UAE won 4-0. According to Mutrif Al Shamsi, national team’s manager, the players showed great deal of punctuality and commitment right from first gathering in Dubai which he believes is something positive and encouraging.

“The tournament is a very important stopover in the buildup for the upcoming commitments,” he said. “The 2015 AFC Asian Cup Qualifiers come at the top of our road map. Our clash against Hong Kong will enhance our position at the top of the group and put us very close to the continent’s premier championship finals,” Al Shamsi added.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Thread for the T&T vs United Arab Emirates Game (5-Sept-2013).
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2013, 07:42:16 AM »

7 hours

Hmm past midnight them games will be. Unless it have some day time matches.
Youtube Channel

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2013, 07:44:20 AM »

7 hours

Nah, we first match will be at 11:45am T&T time.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2013, 02:36:10 PM »

7 hours

Nah, we first match will be at 11:45am T&T time.

Now ah see it change to 6:00pm AST which is 11:00AM T&T time.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2013, 03:47:29 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/M2CSKGpl8r8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/M2CSKGpl8r8</a>

1]; } ?>