March 28, 2024, 08:39:07 AM

Author Topic: Brazilian Samba invades Pro League  (Read 4298 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Brazilian Samba invades Pro League
« on: August 16, 2013, 07:20:06 PM »
Brazilian Samba invades T&T Pro League.
By Inshan Mohammed.

Former Trinity College student and Trinidad-born Narada Wilson is making a name for himself as a Football Executive agent working for Brazil Link, a company based in Trinidad and Tobago that provides all-round service for athletes wanting to go abroad.

In addition to Brazil Link, Wilson is also currently working with FIFA as part of the organizing committee for the 2014 FIFA World Cup to be hosted in Brazil, a place he lived since 2009.

Lately, Wilson, who speaks fluent Portuguese have been using his South American connections in effort to help lift the standard of the Trinidad and Tobago Professional Football League as well as to help T&T players go abroad, particularly Brazil.

He is already responsible for bringing a few Brazilian players to T&T for the upcoming 2013/14 Pro-League season, along with one Argentinian in the person of 26-year old Miguel Alejandro Romeo. Miguel, who also holds Canadian and Italian passports was a standout at University of Victory in Canada for four years and had trials in Portugal, Ecuardo and Argentina before landing a contract with Caledonia.

Others include central defensive midfielder Douglas Poroca and central defender Euler dos Santos, who are the latest additions to the Trinidad and Tobago Professional League, having signed on the dotted-line for St Ann's Rangers a few days ago.

Douglas and Euler, both studied with Wilson at Federal University in Pernambuco, Brazil. They were attached to Greek First Division Club Atromitos FC on a six month-deal. Douglas, also had a stint with Caledonia before but now both are suiting up for St Ann's Rangers for the upcoming season.

Wilson is also responsible for bringing Brazilian right wing-back Joao Ananias Jordao Jr. to W Connection earlier this year. The new W Connection signing Joao Ananias, 22, played with Brazilian First Division team Clube Náutico Capibaribe and is the highest rated of the Brazilian players to hit T&T.

Wilson also represents former T&T Olympic team goalkeeper Zane Coker, Trinidad and Tobago national woman team standout player Ahkeela Mollon and Brazilian defender Rafael Oliveira. Both Coker and Oliveira are currently unattached though, but they are expected to sign contracts very soon.

Mollon, who happens to be the lone female athlete at The Brazil Link was snapped up by Wilson who stated that after meeting her he was very impressed and had to get her onboard. Mollon is currently attached to local WoLF outfit Central F.C and had stints in Switzerland and USA respectively.

Coker, 23, plied his trade with St Ann’s Rangers last season. His hard work along with Wilson's advocacy got him into the T&T National Beach Soccer team that went to the CONCACF qualifiers earlier this year.

As for Rafael Oliveira, he has played with several top clubs in Brazil’s Second Division until becoming a free agent this past June, and could be set for a possible move to T&T Pro League very soon.

All together, he represents 8 players; 6 foreign nationals and 2 locals, and is rapidly expanding his player network with two more to be unveiled very soon.

Wilson told SWO: "Being a native of Trinidad and Tobago first and foremost. My goals are to raise the standard of football on and off the field in the country."

"I think by bringing in players with professional attitudes and international experience it forces the locals to dig deeper and work harder, also opening up their minds to new experiences."

"The idea as well is that with foreign nationals on a team, the brand becomes more marketable both locally and internationally, getting attention from various companies and entities that may not have any other affiliation to the club but may identify with the nationality shared between them and a player."

"As for The Brazil Link company, it is based in Barataria and is made up of persons with extensive travel backgrounds, so we are very much aware of what our players need and experience while away from their homeland. Cy Padmore, our Managing Director, lived, studied and worked abroad for years."

"At The Brazil Link, we help you access the vast business opportunities available in Brazil. Whether it's through developing relationships with reliable Brazilian manufactures, giving you the language skills 
to communicate confidently with native speakers, or making it easy for you to travel and experience Brazilian culture firsthand."

"The sport arm of the company deals with athlete representation, consultation services with the clubs, Federation and any other sporting organizations and promoting sporting exchanges between Latin America and the Caribbean."

"Ila Martins-Padmore our Cultural and Language Coordinator is a Brazilian native. She has experience in teaching languages to foreigners. The players are all happy in Trinidad because we have prepped them well and so far they love it."

"They are briefed before arriving about the culture, foods etc. We have them housed at one of our companies’ residence, if not at a club’s residence. Language classes are offered to the foreign players. We assist in attaining all their necessary documents also. All in all the company is fully involved in our players adaptation process."

"Wilson further stated that: "Most of the players have signed one year contracts with the clubs, which is more or less the norm in Trinidad and Tobago. My goal is to get players signed here so once they move on, the local clubs can benefit from the transactions."

"Only one of my players is on a 6 month loan due to his prior contract. I am also interested in getting a T&T national to sign for a Brazilian club sometime in the near future, off course Zane Coker is an obvious choice, he is a very talented goalkeeper."

"I am always open to managing local athletes, once they have the right attitude and are willing to make the necessary sacrifices for becoming a professional player while combining mastered technical abilities. Those attributes tend to make my job easier and they more successful."

"Anyways, I am not affiliated with any club, but I do have excellent business and personal relationships with W Connection's (David and Renee John-Williams), Central FC's (Brent Sancho, Kevin Harrison and Terry Fenwick), St Ann’s Rangers (Richard Fakoory, Richard Piper and Jason Spence) and Caledonia AIA (Jamaal Shabaaz, Ricarda Nelson and Jerry Moe)."

"These are clubs and persons whom I do respect and that I believe have a genuine love for the game and is willing to take local football to higher heights and one of the first steps in doing so is to sign a Brazil Link players, ended Wilson."

Copyrights of the Soca Warriors Online - Any press using the following article written by Inshan Mohammed are welcome to do so, provided that they reveal the source and writer. Furthermore, no portion of this article may be copied without proper credit as well.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 09:16:09 AM by Flex »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Brazilian Samba invades Pro League
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 07:25:14 PM »
The new W Connection signing Joao Ananias, 22, played with Brazilian First Division team Clube Náutico Capibaribe and is the highest rated of the Brazilian players to hit T&T.

This man play ah setta sh!t in the champions league game in Panama... hope he settle fast
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 09:17:04 PM »
I think I have made my feelings known about foreign imports: they add some spice to the game and can be a real benefit.....however, too much spice can spoil the whole meal.

Narada Wilson is very professional and a pleasure to deal with. He treats these players with a care and respect similar to how I experienced players to be treated by the PFA in England. There are very few "agents" I'd recommend, but Narada is definitely one of them.

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 09:39:06 PM »
Very good post, Bakes.  It's great to see one of our locals representing us in an 'agency' capacity with Brazilian and Argentinian networks. 

Great article!  :beermug:
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 09:46:47 PM »
I think I have made my feelings known about foreign imports: they add some spice to the game and can be a real benefit.....however, too much spice can spoil the whole meal.

Narada Wilson is very professional and a pleasure to deal with. He treats these players with a care and respect similar to how I experienced players to be treated by the PFA in England. There are very few "agents" I'd recommend, but Narada is definitely one of them.

Yuh English palate betraying yuh dey.  Now some fools are rehashing the call for quotas.  Bring in the best, cream rises to the top.

OutsideMan, that is Flex work... kudos to him.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 09:48:55 PM by Bakes »

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 10:05:41 PM »

Tru' dat!  I just now saw his name on the article.

The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 11:00:12 PM »

Yuh English palate betraying yuh dey.  Now some fools are rehashing the call for quotas.  Bring in the best, cream rises to the top.

I have my views on what the EPL should do, but in this thread, yes, I'd like to see quotas. I'd like to see some decent foreigners, hell, we had Byers last season, but I don't see any benefit to our national team by flooding the league and holding back our talented youths. We already kill talent development with intercol. At this rate, a boy will be in his 20's before he can get a game. Nothing wrong with limiting foreigners to 5 per club.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2013, 12:24:13 AM »
Fair enough points... I just disagree with quotas in spirit.  Disagree with it in this instance as well... Iron sharpeneth Iron.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2013, 09:37:11 AM »
The new W Connection signing Joao Ananias, 22, played with Brazilian First Division team Clube Náutico Capibaribe and is the highest rated of the Brazilian players to hit T&T.

This man play ah setta sh!t in the champions league game in Panama... hope he settle fast

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

The problem with Brazil players, they hold the ball sometimes to much, look at David Luiz at Chelsea, they play a passing game which is great but in defense, you have to be carful.

Anyways, good job on the write up Flex.

Mr Wilson, keep it up boss.

We need great agents for our players who could advise them better as in the past players made stupid decisions.

I hope its not about the money alone and Wilson is genuinely seeking our players interest, we dont want another Mike Berry.. lol...

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2013, 10:37:51 AM »

I think that is more down to the settling in period. You have guys speaking Spanish and Portuguese who may be able to communicate in English but not other languages. I'm sure once a universal language has been adopted, they will be fine. My only query is : was this a wise selection for a Champions League game? In other words, did the new players talents exceed the disadvantage of language and familiarity at this early stage?

Offline Narada

• New Warrior
  • Football is a science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2013, 12:00:16 PM »
The player Joao Ananias issued a letter to clarify what happened, It is exactly what some of you thought and I too watched the video over 50 times, he dropped back and upon going for the ball the keeper shout in Spanish, "My ball" and then stopped halfway on the run, at this point Ananias' back was turned and saw the on coming striker too late. This a player that played against; Fred, Damiao, Neymar, Oscar etc. I say give him and all of them some time, our game is different...Davi Alves scored an own goal this week..lol so keep the support coming and Lets try and build a nice vibrant league home, We need it

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2013, 12:51:26 PM »
The player Joao Ananias issued a letter to clarify what happened, It is exactly what some of you thought and I too watched the video over 50 times, he dropped back and upon going for the ball the keeper shout in Spanish, "My ball" and then stopped halfway on the run, at this point Ananias' back was turned and saw the on coming striker too late. This a player that played against; Fred, Damiao, Neymar, Oscar etc. I say give him and all of them some time, our game is different...Davi Alves scored an own goal this week..lol so keep the support coming and Lets try and build a nice vibrant league home, We need it

:beermug:

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2013, 01:18:30 PM »

Thanks for the input
Football fans in T&T are left too much in the dark while feel like we're drowning in speculation without facts.
Hope to hear from you often, as every li'l bit of good news is extremely morale-boosting in these perilous times
We want T&T to do well and we're desperate to see the league become a viable sector on par with the central americans ... or better.
We can do it. Support the good folks and rid ourselves of the rotten ones.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Debbie

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2013, 03:02:10 PM »
Great job flex.

Wilson, good job as well.

But I would like to see some Trinidad players inBrazil also.

Offline shelly

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2013, 05:51:42 PM »
Can u guys post a photo of the guys.

Brazilian women are pretty and I am sure their men are handsome.

:heehee:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2013, 05:48:50 AM »

João Ananias of DirecTV W Connection FC (left) and Miguel Romeo of Caledonia Aia (right).

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2013, 05:50:33 AM »
Nah Shelly,

I better looking than he.  :)
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2013, 07:08:36 AM »

Shelly, check your email.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2013, 07:08:22 AM »
Nah Shelly,

:rotfl: :rotfl:

These men tusty here.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2013, 04:14:51 AM »
Nah Shelly,

:rotfl: :rotfl:

These men tusty here.

Nah man. Just truthful.  :)
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2015, 05:13:03 AM »
‘Brazil Link’ making waves in T&T football
By Sean Taylor (Express).

Women's football in Trindad and Tobago took an eventful turn in the last eight weeks. Fans of the women's game were able for the first time to witness the first women's league where paid professionals would take to the field when the Women's Premier League (WPL) kicked off on 18th June at the St James Barracks.

A lot of the final product however, was a result of the work of the Brazil Link Company. The Brazil Link, or TBL was the brainchild of Narada Wilson and Cy Padmore three years ago. The company is based in Brazil, but also has a branch in Barataria where they have been operating during the entire duration of this year's inaugural WPL.

The company mainly deals with cultural exchanges between South America, mainly Brazil and Trinidad. Two years ago, they split the company into three sub sectors which are education, travel and sport. It was their sports segment that was the busiest in the past six months, as they were called into action to recruit players.

"The Minister had a vision to have a professional league for women," said Narada Wilson the company's sports executive.

"They were looking for about 40 internationals, and we put forward a proposal to bring 20-22 players from South and North America."

Despite the league being a platform to help develop the game of the national players, there also needed to be a foreign presence in the league to help raise the standard of competition.

TBL recognised that, and were on board to facilitate the influx of Latin American players.

"T&T is not yet at the stage to have a pro league with six teams made up of all local players," he said.

He also agreed with the general feeling that the foreigners would raise the profile and standard of the league.

"The reality is: if we don't have the standard in Trinidad, the only way to get the standard is to bring in foreigners so that the others could see and learn by example."

The company dug into their South American resources and were able to bring across the best players who were not at the Women's World Cup, which was taking place in Canada around the time the WPL had finally kicked off. These players included the Brazilians, who were mostly national U-20 players and a few former national senior team selects, players from Paraguay as well as Colombia, and even players from North America.

"I worked at the Copa Libertadores in 2012, as well as the FIFA World Cup Organising Committee in Pernambuco for three years," he said.

"I had access to different clubs and players, so I went speaking to different clubs and players about coming to the league."

Part of their negotiations were player contracts and salaries.

"They offered what the salaries would be. If we had difference in salaries in terms of a player being a higher calibre, or their clubs paying a higher fee, we decided we would cover the difference in order for the player to still come."

Despite the reservations of the media, as well as organisational issues along the way, the inaugural WPL came to a climactic end on July 30th and was generally well-received by the general public.

Wilson is already looking forward to the future where local women's football is concerned. According to the Minister of Sport Brent Sancho, the WPL has already been sanctioned to continue for three more years.

"The time-frame for the WPL is perfect," he said.

"University players are on break as well as players from South America, the US and England, who will all have their off-season breaks."

Wilson said that the WPL should go back to it's originially-carded three-month season next year, as it would allow them to bring in more professionals, and more corporate stakeholders would be able to get involved as well.

Locally, TBL are involved in athlete representation, player management and taking care of the off-the-field side of the game. They currently have on board women warriors Lauryn Hutchinson, and Akheela Mollon, as well as Zane Coker, the starting keeper for the beach football team and Ryan Augustine the team's captain.

1]; } ?>