April 19, 2024, 12:28:53 AM

Author Topic: Reminiscing: Can Hart find players like Jughead?  (Read 2577 times)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Reminiscing: Can Hart find players like Jughead?
« on: August 17, 2013, 10:06:55 AM »
Reminiscing: Can Stephen Hart, who recently asked where have the dribblers gone, find players like Jughead?

http://www.socawarriors.net/mens-senior-team/senior-team-news/goalscorers.html?view=playerprofile&id=419

If you forgot or were too young and never knew:
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Org2wbXd5Ko
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 11:19:27 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Reminiscing: Can Hart find players like Jughead?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 05:38:39 AM »
The 90s was an amazing period when men like Jughead and Dwarika regularly rode pine.

Saw Terry about a week after this games vs. J'ca and Canada in the Caribana Cup.
He was the talk of the tournament despite TT losing its two games.

Should have accomplished more. Could have easily held his own in the MLS.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 07:22:35 AM »
I kinda hoping for a Pele, a Messi, a Maradona and a Beckenbauer, but taking whoever on the field..I adaptable so, just like ah believe, whoever he put on, will be dropping 4 on St Vincent again...anyway, has he had any sessions yet with any body?

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 07:44:35 AM »
The 90s was an amazing period when men like Jughead and Dwarika regularly rode pine.

Saw Terry about a week after this games vs. J'ca and Canada in the Caribana Cup.
He was the talk of the tournament despite TT losing its two games.

Should have accomplished more. Could have easily held his own in the MLS.

VB

Met him once at a club in Toronto. We had a chat about that goal. I always thought that he would have made it as well.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 07:55:30 AM »
I spoke to a member of the 90s team. The impression he seemed to give was that TL was too full of himself.
You could see he was a saga boy and a coast a scene fella.

But no denying his skills.

VB

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 04:58:56 PM »
I sweat against him bout 2 months ago....very good technique...
then a week after that...me and a friend stop by a roadside shack on Morne Coco hill to buy a saturday soup...and there is Jughead sitting in the woman shack bussing down an ox tail soup and basically "selling" us the greatness of the soup...

I had to tell my friend after about who Jughead is...kinda like going to an English shop and seeing some past player cutting ah soup...hahha
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 06:54:49 PM »
Jughead was de latapy of Diego ..... he was more of a dribbler than latas ...latapy would beat you and you would have realised that later ....when juggie beat yuh you would know right away ! these fellas played for the crowd ...Juggie was on the same youth team with Dwight ...some get breaks ..others do not .....  Leonson got a break ...Baba ( hutson Charles ) did not !
If hart is looking for talent he would find it ...it is what he will do having found, it is my question .

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2013, 10:43:04 PM »
of course, tt is full of talent... its all about the players being seen by Hart

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 05:38:13 AM »

Ah thought dis woulda be a thread about HARDEST  ??? ???
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 09:19:43 PM »
Jughead was de latapy of Diego ..... he was more of a dribbler than latas ...latapy would beat you and you would have realised that later ....when juggie beat yuh you would know right away ! these fellas played for the crowd ...Juggie was on the same youth team with Dwight ...some get breaks ..others do not .....  Leonson got a break ...Baba ( hutson Charles ) did not !
If hart is looking for talent he would find it ...it is what he will do having found, it is my question .

At the under 14 age group Juggie was the one everyone thought would make it, in fact there were one or two guys in that national youth team who were carded for big things  - man name Keith Fletcher - brighter prospect than Yorkie by far, at the time. Youth from the central area name Charlo - was like a man playing amongst boys. The biggest difference at that point is that Yorkie went on to Signal Hill and Juggie didn't really play college's league. He never got the exposure unfortunately...     

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2013, 10:58:01 AM »
sometimes you make your own luck. Even if Jughead was better than yorke at youth level does not mean he could have been better as an adult.

Jughead get enough exposure playing at national level to have maintained his game at a high level and possible get a contract. but it did not happen for waht ever reason or the next.

maybe it was fitness maybe it was work ethic

Nothing stopped jughead from being on the national team , dominating local football leagues, dominating shell cup  etc etc

Yes Yorke has an easier road because he is coming with Aston Villa money and pips but what stopped Jughead from maximizing locally.

Yorke was a boss dribbler but his game at his prime had nothing to do with dribbling

Jughead is no where close to yorke

Yorke comanded starting on the national team from age 17 to age 36 based on merit can Jughead say the same.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2013, 12:36:03 PM »
Is this fella alyuh talking about right ? Like if he didn't try to do something...
http://www.socawarriors.net/mens-senior-team/senior-team-news/goalscorers.html?view=playerprofile&id=419

or maybe ppl don't realize how lucky both Latapy and Yorke, or any of our European footballers are
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 12:42:26 PM by maxg »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2013, 04:01:31 PM »
Is this fella alyuh talking about right ? Like if he didn't try to do something...

or maybe ppl don't realize how lucky both Latapy and Yorke, or any of our European footballers are

I don't think St. Louis is that old. Pretty sure I saw him on the U-23 team in the 90s.

VB

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2013, 04:38:24 PM »
I saw this guy played twice. The first time was in Richmond, VA when TT play the US. The TT team was on their way  to JA for the Shell Cup. The US basically used a B squad and won 1-0. Even though he did not shine, I saw some flashes of brilliance. Real composed player. I could not make a clear judgement on him or the rest of the team. I thought they did not extend themselves because they were on their way to the tournament in Kingston.

The other time I saw him was on tv. TT was playing CR in CR for a WC qualifier. The pace of the game was hot. It was a heavy ground after some rain. He was much quicker in this game but CR was balling we so much that he looked ordinary in this match. I have heard  good things about this guy but I can't pass judgement. It appears on the Caribbean level he was ah boss, but Concacaf was a different kettle of fish.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2013, 05:13:23 PM »
I saw him in the 90s for the TT U 23 vs. the Can. U 23 in Canada.
TT lost but he was one of the few players that stood out. I wrote a letter to a friend mentioning this and his name came back to me years later when I saw him on the Sr. team.

VB

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2013, 11:47:08 PM »
I spoke to a member of the 90s team. The impression he seemed to give was that TL was too full of himself.
You could see he was a saga boy and a coast a scene fella.

But no denying his skills.

VB

good talk here...he lacked the right attitude for success but he was a good player, no denying that.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2013, 02:44:02 PM »
Juggie was at his best in the Petit Valley 6 a side no offsides league on de ground just behind Valley Harps panyard.

Plenty ballas, including Latas and Leonson, did pass thru there. The undisputed king of that league was Elliot Allen from Simeon Road Ball Players. Juggie from Upper Morne Coco road.

Not everybody that talented have the mental make up to make it at the higher levels of the game. They'll give you a teaser every so often,  but that's all it was. A tease.

Juggie was a "blue balls" balla. Get yuh all hot and bothered with little or no delivery on de big stage.  Is not a diss of him. He by no means alone. Plenty men similar.

Eric White
Emerson Dubisson
Arnold Dwarika
Hardest
Etc etc etc
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 02:45:33 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>