April 29, 2024, 02:20:08 AM

Author Topic: Montreal  (Read 1968 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Montreal
« on: August 19, 2013, 02:41:27 PM »
Visited for the first time recently and came away having enjoyed the experience. Managed to take in a variety of perspectives of the city ... Even sampled some poutine at one of these locations: www.poutineville.com  ... cyah really complain atallatall bout de overall vibe.

maxg, if yuh hear a knock on yuh door, iz me  :devil:
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 07:55:09 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Montreal
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 05:11:43 PM »
Took in any festivals while there?
I try not to miss the annual Jazz Festival, one of the best in North America, imo.
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 05:12:59 PM »
great food and females and the festivals  ;D

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 05:31:59 PM »
Yep, Mon Ray Al, is indeed a nice city. Of course I went there to play in football tournament at Mcgill(Concordia???). Anyway, it was great!!. One time the tournament fell on the weekend of Duran-Sugar Ray first fight. Rue St. Catherine was busy. First time I experienced a clean subway system.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 08:17:07 PM »
I try not to miss the annual Jazz Festival, one of the best in North America, imo.

Well, the Montreal International Reggae Festival was on, but I had no idea. Here's how I found out: I was cruising down The Boulevard (near McGill) when a car pulled up at the light kicking sweet soca. Trini beauty @ the wheel. Something told me to turn the radio on and try to find a Caribbean station ... Tuned in to the concert live and managed to hear Kees live as I pulled over to ketch some Guadeloupeen youths sweating on Rue Ontario. Plenty things on this flex were serendipitous. Ah develop a taste for Le Cheval Blanc too ...

De sweat had a baaaad 16 year old center-mid ...

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 09:26:09 PM »
use to be a great city..but i tell you some French Quebecois can be very rude especially the older women...can be real HOG.... in particular in the service industry.  Haitian women in Montreal are sweet too bad...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 09:27:40 PM by rotatopoti3 »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 08:02:49 AM »

Well, the Montreal International Reggae Festival was on, but I had no idea. Here's how I found out: I was cruising down The Boulevard (near McGill) when a car pulled up at the light kicking sweet soca. Trini beauty @ the wheel. Something told me to turn the radio on and try to find a Caribbean station ... Tuned in to the concert live and managed to hear Kees live as I pulled over to ketch some Guadeloupeen youths sweating on Rue Ontario. Plenty things on this flex were serendipitous. Ah develop a taste for Le Cheval Blanc too ...

De sweat had a baaaad 16 year old center-mid ...

While at my first Jazz fest, making my way out of the hotel lobby, heard the sound soca coming from about a block away. Turns out the Montreal Caribana parade was on.Not a lot of bands, but really nice. The next day while walking through Parc du Mont-Royal, a massive drumming session was going on, man I spent all morning there, the vibes was real nice.
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 01:01:59 PM »
allyuh come true an didn't hail meh...big steeeuuupppssss

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2013, 04:32:05 PM »
use to be a great city..but i tell you some French Quebecois can be very rude especially the older women...can be real HOG.... in particular in the service industry.  Haitian women in Montreal are sweet too bad...

you went looking for extra creamy mayonnaise
"How many times do I have to flush before you go away?"

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, 10:11:54 PM »
Mal Jeux....yuh iz ah wicked fella... ;D  nuttin does taste better than ah ripe Julie Mango
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2013, 09:11:39 AM »
TSTT in town

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2013, 01:53:26 PM »
TSTT in town

Dey was down here in Miami last week.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>