March 28, 2024, 05:52:23 AM

Author Topic: CPLT20 2013 - T&T Red Steel vs Guyana Amazon Warriors (22/8/13) Semi Final 1  (Read 7155 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 02:30:56 PM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
If we get the best outta de Trinis on the team we will win this match.We have some good people from outside with O'Brian and Taylor but the likes of Barath,the Bravos and Poran should be at the top of their game with the crowd behind them,just dont get carried away,I hope to see lil Bravo smash up tings.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Guyana biggest weakness is over confidence.

Bravo confident of tackling Malinga threat

Dwayne Bravo, the Trinidad & Tobago Red Steel captain, believes his team will be able to counteract the threats of new arrivals Lasith Malinga and Tillakaratne Dilshan come Thursday's Caribbean Premier League semi-final at home against table-toppers Guyana Amazon Warriors.

"They have brought in some good players and Malinga is dangerous," Bravo said. "He showed this in the T20 World Cup. Dilshan is also a very big player but T&T have picked up momentum and we're looking to carry this into the semis. I know we can deal with these new threats."

T&T began the tournament with three successive losses before winning their next three matches to take the fourth spot and make the semi-finals. Bravo commended his players for their attitudes following the calamitous start and credited coach Gordon Greenidge and assistant coach David Williams for their leadership.

"We've got our batters to make runs but it's the coaches who really helped us keep our heads up," Bravo said. "Batsmen like Adrian (Barath), Ross (Taylor) and (Kevin) O'Brien are leading the way and making it easier for us out there. We've got more disciplined and are playing good, all-round cricket.

"But Guyana cannot be discounted. Lendl (Simmons) and Sunil (Narine) add a lot of weight to the opposition but Brian Lara keeps giving us pep talks and makes us believe. That is another secret weapon we have."

Greenidge added, "Guyana are strong but we have seen in the prelims, that we can handle them. We have (Mahela) Jayawardene also and he's a big plus factor with his experience, so watch out for him."

Bravo said that though he did not have all the T&T players who have made the national side such a strong force in regional Twenty20 competition, his CPL side had shown they could not be ignored. "The semi-final is harder to play than the final. We're not the Trinidad team that dominated the T20s regionally before. But what we've shown is that the Red Steel cannot be underestimated."

Although Guyana have flown in Malinga and Dilshan for the knockout stage, Ramnaresh Sarwan, the side's captain, said it was difficult to replace players such as Martin Guptill, who is out of the tournament with a hand injury, and Mohammad Hafeez, who left to lead Pakistan in Zimbabwe. Guptill made 198 runs at a strike-rate of 119.27 in the tournament while Hafeez was one of the premier allrounders, with 159 runs at 110.41 and five wickets at an economy-rate of 6.66. Sarwan exercised caution over the integration of his new charges and said they needed time to acclimatize.

"We topped the group stage and yes, it's hard to replace players like Hafeez, who added so much of his experience as an international captain, and also Guptill, who has been tremendous with the bat," Sarwan said. "But players like Simmons and Narine know our opponents well. They know the pitch, and how to win regional matches. They can help ease the load off the new guys (Malinga and Dilshan), who literally are just joining us."

Sarwan pointed that his team was a stronger unit than the Guyana regional side that won the Caribbean T20 tournament in Port-of-Spain three years ago. "This isn't the Guyana team who won the Caribbean T20 title right here in 2010 but actually, we're stronger with the external players we possess," Sarwan said. "Throw in players like Malinga and Dilshan, who have big repertoires and are some of the best in the business right now, and we're well equipped to take the trophy to Guyana.

"We've been very excellent in the field and with the ball. We have the tournament's leading wicket-taker in Krishmar Santokie, so I know with our batsmen ready, we feel the win coming."

Left-arm seamer Santokie, the last of whose two T20s was in March 2012, has pitched himself into West Indies contention again with 14 wickets from seven matches at an economy-rate of 6.18. Sarwan said with Santokie alongside Narine, Guyana's attack looked secure.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/caribbean-premier-league-2013/content/story/664185.html
Youtube Channel

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

and tnt biggest weakness is if Bravo let he Ego take control!

Dwayne I aint pickin on yuh but if yuh reading this..and yuh start getting hit all over d field today please limit yuh bowling and give Obrien d overs..  Please do meh ah favour and let Badree and Cooper bowl d last overs..

Dwayne ah know yuh could bat..concentrate of scoring ah 50 runs today...do it for d team...

Todays- Bowlers should be
Edwards
Obrien
Badree
Cooper
Benn
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

and tnt biggest weakness is if Bravo let he Ego take control!
Dwayne I aint pickin on yuh but if yuh reading this..and yuh start getting hit all over d field today please limit yuh bowling and give Obrien d overs..  Please do meh ah favour and let Badree and Cooper bowl d last overs..

Dwayne ah know yuh could bat..concentrate of scoring ah 50 runs today...do it for d team...

Todays- Bowlers should be
Edwards
Obrien
Badree
Cooper
Benn

Well said, not sure Badree is a death bowler though, would agree with you on Coops for sure, would add Fidel to the mix...
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
i eh confident with badree at the death..he tends to drop long hops at that point for some reason.
Back in Trini...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Movie Stars coming

Youtube Channel

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Amazons over confidence could be their downfall,they must be thinking that 12 overs from Narine,Santokie and Malinga could go for very little and maybe they are basing their confidence on that,even as a Red Steel supporter I feel they could go for as little as 60 runs in their 12 overs at worst 75,if that happens we need to get 75 from the other 8 overs and that is not difficult.We should have our batting order suited to how the team is scoring or not scoring,as we know making judgements on paper hardly ever materialise and Narine,Malinga and Santokie could play their worst matches yet,remember Narine went for 46 runs in 3.4 overs against Tridents,I have also seen Malinga get smashed from time to time,paper strength doesn't mean much at this stage.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
we should also bat last if we win....especially if Bravo plans on bowling himself at the death.
I pity the fool....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Amazons over confidence could be their downfall,they must be thinking that 12 overs from Narine,Santokie and Malinga could go for very little and maybe they are basing their confidence on that,even as a Red Steel supporter I feel they could go for as little as 60 runs in their 12 overs at worst 75,if that happens we need to get 75 from the other 8 overs and that is not difficult.We should have our batting order suited to how the team is scoring or not scoring,as we know making judgements on paper hardly ever materialise and Narine,Malinga and Santokie could play their worst matches yet,remember Narine went for 46 runs in 3.4 overs against Tridents,I have also seen Malinga get smashed from time to time,paper strength doesn't mean much at this stage.

You should read some of them Guyanese comments on twitter and Facebook. They already dreaming of holding the trophy Saturday
Youtube Channel

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
i have a feeling malinga may be expensive..especially in his opening overs
Back in Trini...

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
In listening to the radio yesterday and today those dj's real hyping up the match tonight, seems like it's a big event before everyone go to 51.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Say a prayer for we skipper to ask the Almighty to grant him the serenity to accept the things he cannot change, the courage to change the things he can and the wisdom to know the difference between the two!
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
People rel rating Guyana boy.  I just hoping for a upset
Youtube Channel

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
@DHW,
I haven't seen what they have been saying on FB and Twitter but I read some of their comments on the Caribbeancricket Web,they keep boasting about the past,its about all they can do at the present time because they only have one Guyanese that have done anything of worth,that was Barnwell.
I have a sneaking feeling that Malinga could come in for some stick as NYtriniwhiteboy was saying in his post,if Barath and O'Brian could upset him in his opening overs it can have them running for cover,and again if the Irishman gets going it could be some real licks passing.
WISH I WAS THERE.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
@DHW,
I haven't seen what they have been saying on FB and Twitter but I read some of their comments on the Caribbeancricket Web,they keep boasting about the past,its about all they can do at the present time because they only have one Guyanese that have done anything of worth,that was Barnwell.
I have a sneaking feeling that Malinga could come in for some stick as NYtriniwhiteboy was saying in his post,if Barath and O'Brian could upset him in his opening overs it can have them running for cover,and again if the Irishman gets going it could be some real licks passing.
WISH I WAS THERE.

read the comments it have more but, too much to post

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=717211094960965&set=a.617054004976675.158904.531409136874496&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1414337908778336&set=a.1389316424613818.1073741828.1386196484925812&type=1&theater
Youtube Channel

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
@DHW,ah see what yuh mean,why that stupid behaviour,its a semi final and anybody can win,I think the hurt is all dem beatings we put on them over the last few years,good ting for the Franchise dey now have some mout.I know they took all our players but we may or may not win this but by next year we will be hard to beat.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
@DHW,ah see what yuh mean,why that stupid behaviour,its a semi final and anybody can win,I think the hurt is all dem beatings we put on them over the last few years,good ting for the Franchise dey now have some mout.I know they took all our players but we may or may not win this but by next year we will be hard to beat.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
35 min to go
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
f**k we batting first. Lost the toss
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bravo say he wanted to bat first too.
Youtube Channel

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Here we go.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The stumps lighting up when the bails break.  Sick
Youtube Channel

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
the man on tv say he been enjoying the Warriors play over the years.

Over the years?

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Umpire cam.

They going all out.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Steups.
What kinda 1/2 shot was that?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Umpire cam.

They going all out.

They borrow that tech from the big bash League. Exact same thing.  Stumps and Umpire cam.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 06:11:04 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Steups.
What kinda 1/2 shot was that?

Bad start. Mahela is a opener should of started