April 28, 2024, 11:39:40 AM

Author Topic: U-15s, Central FC, Malabar FC and MoS questions.  (Read 1867 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
U-15s, Central FC, Malabar FC and MoS questions.
« on: August 21, 2013, 09:46:37 AM »
U-15s, Central FC, Malabar FC and MoS questions.

Now, please do not quote me on the figures. Hoping some local based poster can investigate and help clear this up.

I have a few questions.

1. Every Pro team with the exception of Central FC, gets $85,000 dollars a month. So the League is in fact a Government League? And why isn't Central FC getting and money, isn't this a personal vendetta against them? Isn't Central FC helping the employment rate and crime rate in T&T by having a Pro Team, don't they play a part in society.

2. Malabar FC gets over $140,000 dollars a month from the government. Now how can a Super League outfit get more money than a Pro League team? And doesn't the government query how money is being spent, how and where?

3. I also heard that Malabar FC Women's team has foreign players playing for them. Where did they get the money to pay these players?

4. Now that the Under 15 national boys team fiasco's is over, whats next? what actions/exposure can be taken against the Minister of Sports and his staff, particularly Ashwin Creed? Why isn't someone in T&T trying to expose the MoS flaws. Is this issue dead? The Trinidad and Tobago under-15 team became the first national football side in our history to forfeit a CONCACAF competition. How can one sport get millions without question and none for the other. Only the national under-17 team, which was captained by Creed’s nephew, Brendon Creed, did not have major funding issues.

5. I saw that T&T hockey men's team got its best ever medal in the PanAmerican Cup in 46 years. The Sport Ministry was so late in providing funding for the team's trip to Canada that only half the team got to Toronto in time. It took an extraordinarily generous gesture by the International Hockey Federation (IHF), which postponed Trinidad and Tobago's first match by two days, to allow the “Calypso Stickmen” to compete at all. And, while work continues on the $193 million George Bovell III Aquatic Centre in Couva, the National Hockey Centre in Tacarigua has become so dangerous that at least two clubs refused to finish their fixtures this season out of fear for its players’ safety on the mossy surface - Lasana Liburd.

6. I heard that the team that got us to the Gold Cup hasn't been paid as yet? Same for staff? And in the same measure paid Nicki Minaj $382,000 and she continues to disrespect T&T. Mind you $60,000 for hotel rooms at the local Hilton. Other expenses included $150,000 on advertising, $75,000 on the venue, $32,000 to the Copyright Organization of Trinidad and Tobago, $40,000 on other artists, and $26,000 for cultural acts. Furthermore, how can money go to the LifeSport programme, which is run entirely by the Sport Ministry?

7. Is the Manny Ramjohn and Larry Gomes Stadiums fixed? I heard it was supposed to be finished a week ago in time for the new Pro League season? Is the league putting pressure on them, doesn't anyone care?

8. Trinidad and Tobago has also withdrawn from the 2013 Pan American Junior Athletics Championships in Medellin, Colombia which started earlier this month. The National Amateur Athletics Association (NAAA) claimed that a request for funding was sent to the Sport Ministry two months ago but was rejected due to a supposed shortage of funds.

Its amazing that the entire T&T public/media could sit and do nothing, not even question all is unaccountability, its not wonder we get treated like this.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 02:04:43 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U-15s, Central FC, Malabar FC and MoS questions.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 12:06:46 PM »
I believe that the govt subvention ranges between $50,000 p.m. and $83,000 p.m. This is valuable support provided by the govt to employ over 250 people in professional football and I think it's justifiable.

I'm fairly certain that neither Police or Defence Force receive funding as they are already "sponsored" by govt.

W.Connection, Caledonia, North East Stars and St Anns Rangers, I believe, receive the subvention. I'm not sure of the situation with Point Fortin if they enter. Central F.C. do not enjoy the subvention at this time.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 01:42:42 PM »
As far as the subventions go it was explained to me ONLY the original teams get it. if you came into the league after the 1st year you don't get it. 

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 01:56:29 PM »
As far as the subventions go it was explained to me ONLY the original teams get it. if you came into the league after the 1st year you don't get it. 

Seriously?
Is Cali an original team or St. Anne's Rangers?

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 02:01:59 PM »

Seriously?

VB

Rangers is not an original team. And depending on what is meant by original, Caledonia and North East Stars may not qualify either. The league started in 1999, but was rebranded in 2002.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 02:27:24 PM »
JUST ADDED THIS.

8. Trinidad and Tobago has also withdrawn from the 2013 Pan American Junior Athletics Championships in Medellin, Colombia which started earlier this month. The National Amateur Athletics Association (NAAA) claimed that a request for funding was sent to the Sport Ministry two months ago but was rejected due to a supposed shortage of funds.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 02:34:33 PM »
The Ministry of Sport even paid $180,737.50 for the funeral of one individual, who is believed to be the former manager of Super League football team Malabar FC and one of Roberts’ constituents, which, according to the Auditor General, was “contrary to Financial Regulation 65(2) - Liburd

« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 03:39:03 PM by Flex »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 03:40:55 PM »
The Ministry of Sport even paid $180,737.50 for the funeral of one individual, who is believed to be the former manager of Super League football team Malabar FC and one of Roberts’ constituents, which, according to the Auditor General, was “contrary to Financial Regulation 65(2) - Liburd

Flex,

keep it coming. Let's separate fact from allegation and make a summary. Then send it to the Press in the form of a letter.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 03:44:35 PM »

Flex,

keep it coming. Let's separate fact from allegation and make a summary. Then send it to the Press in the form of a letter.

VB

One of the problem we continue to face is our local posters (most) are not involved so to get info sometimes we have to go by rumor and so on.

Its a shame that the locals settle for second best all of the time.

Everyone is fed up, but we are still here.

Local posters can make a significant impact if they get serious.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2013, 04:08:47 PM »

Seriously?

VB

Rangers is not an original team. And depending on what is meant by original, Caledonia and North East Stars may not qualify either. The league started in 1999, but was rebranded in 2002.

is from de rebranding time I believe. The MOS does make up policies on de spot as it suits them. Then if they doh want to handle it they send you to SPORTT you end up going round and round in circles. Dais the main reason why a lot of teams after that 2002 period who came into the league folded. They  were not getting dat funding, and de Pro League said its only those original teams the ministry will support.  it's not only Central FC.

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2013, 11:04:28 PM »
Correct me if im wrong, but wasnt San Juan Jabloteh an original team that was supposed to be supported with the subvention as well?

With the Malabar FC issue, these guys were getting paid when they were playing in the EAST zone. They came on the news saying they haven't been paid in such and such months etc, and that was for zonal play.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2013, 03:14:43 AM »
Malabar FC probably getting Jabloteh money now. Anil just pass it on to his team.

Flex, doh waste yuh time on them locals.

Man like Patriot, Andre Samuel, Big Mac, Brownsugar and Touches should be representing SWO locally a long time now and helping out on de local scene.

Leave them, locals deserve what they get, no need to keep fighting for them.

Far as I care, let them kill each other in T&T.

This is why local coaches does get walk on too, they dont stand up and what people to stand up for them.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 03:16:42 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

1]; } ?>