April 25, 2024, 03:49:54 AM

Author Topic: Refereeing could be dangerous  (Read 4897 times)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Referee beheaded for Stabbing a player
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2013, 02:14:33 PM »
....this is a normal day in plenty parts of Brazil......doh geh tie-up with the glamour we see on tv....shit in Brazil is REAL! (as they say in "the hood")

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

giggsy11

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2013, 02:22:51 PM »
....this is a normal day in plenty parts of Brazil......doh geh tie-up with the glamour we see on tv....shit in Brazil is REAL! (as they say in "the hood")

Exactly. When was the last time yuh hear about ah ref, reffin a  match with a knife on his person?

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2013, 05:52:06 PM »

Exactly. When was the last time yuh hear about ah ref, reffin a  match with a knife on his person?

Well doh forget 'bout de referee dat pull out a gun and shoot a player eh *dat was goin' and stab 'im wit a knife. lol!).....shit gettin' real real out dey! lol!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2013, 08:05:34 PM »
Saw the body in the morgue on internet rel madness
For real!!!!???

JC you have to feel sorry...yuh cyah pick a side in things like this.

While I believe that the beheading was wrong and that retaliation of any type is wrong, I can understand the passions that fueled the collective anger the aggrieved player's family. Hence, I believe that Just Cool has a point. If someone murders a very close relative of mine, I have to admit that my first impulse would be to exact instant retribution.

With that said, it is wrong and I would make all efforts to avoid committing such a violent act.

;D  Kaliman  You talk your self into it, then out of it, then into it then out of it.   I do understand the mayhem that was stirred up.  Very sad.   Edit... But after listening to some of the details from Bakes and other people's posts I think we are talking about very different things than just a reaction to the loss of a loved one.  Saw the autopsy.  They took that real far.   
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 08:12:17 PM by Preacher »
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Referee dismembered in Brazil
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2013, 11:24:47 AM »
Player stabbed, referee dismembered over soccer quarrel in Brazil
www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- The argument started over a red card.

It escalated when the referee fatally stabbed the player.

It ended when the player's enraged family members stoned the referee to death and dismembered his body.

Even for soccer, where violent outbreaks are all-too-common, what happened last week in a northern Brazil village was extraordinary.

Referee Jordan Silva called a foul during a soccer match. He showed player Josenir Santo Abreu a red card, the highest penalty, which translates into expulsion from the game.

Abreu, 30, wasn't going to take it, police said, and confronted the referee, who was 10 years younger.

The altercation grew ugly. Silva pulled a knife, and plunged it into Abreu's chest, Maranhao state police said in a statement.

While the player was rushed to a hospital, members of his family nabbed the referee and tied him up with the help of fans, CNN affiliate Band News reported. And they tortured him.

The player didn't make it to the hospital alive, police said. When the news reached his family back at the soccer field, the mob took retribution on Silva.

They stoned him to death.

And they cut his body into pieces.

Police later identified the suspects, easily.

They could be seen clearly in video images of the gory incident recorded with a cell phone.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2013, 11:56:13 AM »
Me eh care wha nobody say dem is fackin savages!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2013, 12:03:16 PM »
all who going next year please note dat brazil ent NO paradise...........ah especially talkin to man dat on ah mission to chase pussy, be on yuh Ps and Qs with them people.....alyuh ever hear bout d  favelas?
I pity the fool....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Referee Dies After Being Punched By Player
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2013, 06:15:16 PM »
Teen pleads guilty in Utah ref death (ESPN)

SALT LAKE CITY --  A teenager charged with killing a Utah soccer referee over a call during a game pleaded guilty Monday to a charge of homicide by assault in a case that brought new attention to the issue of violence and sportsmanship in athletics.

The plea deal was hashed out between the teen's attorneys and prosecutors as the judge planned to hear testimony to decide if the 17-year-old suspect will be tried in juvenile or adult court. Under the deal, prosecutors agreed to keep the case in juvenile court.

Police say the teenager punched 46-year-old Ricardo Portillo once in the head on April 27 after the referee called a foul on him. Portillo died after a weeklong coma, leaving behind three daughters.

"I was frustrated at the ref and caused his death," the teenager said, speaking softly.

His attorney described him as a "good kid and excellent student who made one, terrible mistake."

The teenager was charged with homicide by assault, a count issued when an attack unintentionally causes death.

On Friday, the teen's attorney, Monte Sleight, acknowledged there is probable cause the teen committed the crime in a private meeting with prosecutors and Juvenile Court Judge Kimberly Hornak, court records show.

Prosecutors had wanted the boy tried as an adult due to the seriousness of what happened and because he's set to turn 18 in less than three months. At a previous hearing in which the defense asked that the boy be allowed to go home to his family as the case progresses, prosecutors said the teen and his family are a flight risk.

Patricia Cassell, a Salt Lake County deputy district attorney, pointed out that he and his father left the soccer field after the incident despite being told to stay -- before they even knew Portillo was in critical condition. Now that he's facing possible prison time, the boy and his family are definitely a risk to flee, Cassell said.

But Sleight says the teen comes from a hard-working, stable family who has lived in Utah for 20 years. He pointed out that the boy turned himself in to police following the incident.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1514246/teen-charged-utah-referee-death-court?cc=5901

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Refereeing could be dangerous
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2013, 07:09:51 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/W-oOhWJSGvc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/W-oOhWJSGvc</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>