April 26, 2024, 03:05:51 PM

Author Topic: Meet the players day.  (Read 1340 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Meet the players day.
« on: August 25, 2013, 08:39:55 AM »
Family fun day.

Can we have a day in the year where fans can meet the players and interact with them. Maybe it could be after a game.

This would help make the fans feel closer to the players and in return generate some more support and sponsors.

Players could sign autographs and so on.

DJ's and cheerleaders will be there.

The TTFA and local clubs can also use this as an opportunity to sell merchandise and so on?

Have a double header for example on a certain day. T&T game and the top 2 teams in the league or even a Pro 11 vs SL 11?

E.G:

November 19th (annually).

W Connection vs Central FC
T&T vs Jamaica.
Pro League 11 vs Super League 11?

Thoughts?
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Meet the players day.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 10:03:28 AM »
Family fun day.

Can we have a day in the year where fans can meet the players and interact with them. Maybe it could be after a game.

This would help make the fans feel closer to the players and in return generate some more support and sponsors.

Players could sign autographs and so on.

DJ's and cheerleaders will be there.

The TTFA and local clubs can also use this as an opportunity to sell merchandise and so on?

Have a double header for example on a certain day. T&T game and the top 2 teams in the league or even a Pro 11 vs SL 11?

E.G:

November 19th (annually).

W Connection vs Central FC
T&T vs Jamaica.
Pro League 11 vs Super League 11?

Thoughts?

It's a good idea.
We will be doing the same as last year where we hold a light training session, introduce the players, show the new uniforms and have an information tent and a few competitions. We will be holding this at the Caldrac cricket club venue in California within the next 10 days (they have a 22 day cricket league going on so we need to finalise the exact date)

In my experience, after a game, players are not the most co operative or approachable anywhere in the world. I would suggest that the national squad attend a Pro League game and do the autographs etc?

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 06:58:19 AM »
Excellent idea.

But once you say it first Flex, they will not take your advice or ideas. So this may never happen despite being a very good idea and opportunity to see T&T football a bit.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 09:21:33 PM »
Excellent idea.

But once you say it first Flex, they will not take your advice or ideas. So this may never happen despite being a very good idea and opportunity to see T&T football a bit.

Just to turn this on it's head, Sando, if the people in charge, read this post, they will think "What's the point?"
I was quite interested in assisting with this, but looking at the lack of response, I'm now wondering if there is anyone locally who wants to help to build the game. But perhaps I'm speaking too soon and there will be more interest by the weekend?

This site is great for discussion, but very few posters actually get involved physically.
We could have a SWO reporter at every game, not just Pro League, but Super League and even WoLF. I'm sure we could arrange a press pass. You can take photos with your phone and upload them.

If this is the most vibrant voice of T&T football, then no wonder the game is in trouble here!
(Apologies to overseas members, you may have a more get up and go attitude)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 06:24:31 AM »
Excellent idea.

Just to turn this on it's head, Sando, if the people in charge, read this post, they will think "What's the point?"
I was quite interested in assisting with this, but looking at the lack of response, I'm now wondering if there is anyone locally who wants to help to build the game. But perhaps I'm speaking too soon and there will be more interest by the weekend?

This site is great for discussion, but very few posters actually get involved physically.
We could have a SWO reporter at every game, not just Pro League, but Super League and even WoLF. I'm sure we could arrange a press pass. You can take photos with your phone and upload them.

If this is the most vibrant voice of T&T football, then no wonder the game is in trouble here!
(Apologies to overseas members, you may have a more get up and go attitude)

Very well said and a disappointing turn out indeed.

Guys only turning out when we have games, not one ones to help contribute in anyway.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 06:55:14 AM »
Good idea Flex, but Trinis are not fans, we are limers.

It should be Meet the carib beer day.

Even the locals on the site disappearing.

Sad indeed.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 08:45:52 AM »
Well I can't speak for anybody else but the way in which it was posted gave me the impression that this was a suggestion for the Pro-League and not for SWO to take on. It's possible that other posters may have gotten the same impression. Not that this changes anything with regards to my participation as I'm not local-based.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 09:00:47 AM »
Well I can't speak for anybody else but the way in which it was posted gave me the impression that this was a suggestion for the Pro-League and not for SWO to take on. It's possible that other posters may have gotten the same impression. Not that this changes anything with regards to my participation as I'm not local-based.

You right to a point but if it generates a lot of interest from the fans here you never know if it might actually happen.

We need to do things like this to help T&T football.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 09:36:43 AM »
It's an interesting idea Flex but I think it would work better if each team was to take it on themselves. Along the lines of what FS says Central is doing. That would help the teams to build more of a connection with the communities they "represent". This doesn't mean that you should scrap you idea, however. Just an observation.

In the case of your idea I think it could work well as a joint promotional effort between the Pro-League and the Super-League where fans/kids can have a meet and greet with the stars of the respective leagues prior to an "All-Star" game between a Pro-League 11 and a Super-League 11 as you suggested.

If TTFA wanted to get involved they could organize a foreign-based vs local-based game perhaps. Maybe it could be worked into some sort of MNT screening, giving coach Hart a chance to see some potential recruits in action. Could be scheduled for when the leagues are in their respective offseasons May/June perhaps? Though that won't be good for those in MLS but I'm just throwing out ideas at this point. Details could be worked out later.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

1]; } ?>