April 25, 2024, 04:28:30 PM

Author Topic: Red Force ready for Champions League T20  (Read 2513 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Red Force ready for Champions League T20
« on: August 27, 2013, 05:59:24 PM »
TRINIDAD and Tobago’s cricketers are currently preparing to participate in the Champions League T20 tournament which gets underway in mid September in India.

The T&T squad led by wicket keeper Denesh Ramdin will participate in a two-match warm-up competition against their Guyanese counterparts during the period August 29 and September 1.
They will be engaged in two night matches on the August 30 and August 31 against Guyana.

According to Dudnath Ramkessoon, chairman of the National Selectors the T&T cricketers are also expected to engage themselves in readiness for the CL T20 with clashes against a Dominica representative side before leaving for India.

The National Selectors have made just one change from the original squad named to travel to Guyana. All rounder Imran Khan replaces spinner Sunil for the two-match tour.

T&T Squad

1. Lendl Simmons
2. Evin Lewis
3. Nicholas Sookdeosingh
4. Jason Mohammed
5. Denesh Ramdin - Captain
6. Rayad Emrit
7. Sunil Narine
8. Ravi Rampaul
9. Samuel Badree
10. Sherwin Ganga
11. Khesan Ottley
12. Nicholas Pooran
13. Shannon Gabriel
14. Navin Stewart
15. Adrian Barath

Out

Cooper
Dwayne Bravo
Darren Bravo
Pollard
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Red Force ready for Champions League T20
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 06:48:56 AM »
Cariah and Marlon Richards missing ! Team perfect otherwise !

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 11:24:07 AM »
Narine better leave Patsy home  :beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 12:06:28 PM »
Emrit, Narine, Rampaul, Badree.  Them 4 alone could dismantle the best batting teams
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 01:06:03 PM »
Khan: T&T will benefit from CPL exposure

By Roger Seepersad roger.seepersad@trinidadexpress.com
Story Created: Aug 27, 2013 at 10:15 PM ECT
Story Updated: Aug 27, 2013 at 10:15 PM ECT

The Limacol Caribbean Premier League (CPL) Twenty20 has given the Trinidad and Tobago players some extra experience, which manager Omar Khan says will be an added advantage for them when they head to India in September for their final appearance in the Champions League T20.

“The guys who played in the CPLT20 have had the exposure to play continuous cricket and also to rub shoulders with international players in a different team environment so they could bring those benefits to the team so we can really gel together as a unit,” Khan told the Express yesterday.

“Even the guys who were not involved in the CPL, like Jason Mohammed, Evin Lewis, Yannick Ottley, they were continuously in training here at the National Cricket Centre under Gerald Garcia so they will also be fit and ready,” the manager added.

He also welcomed back pacer Ravi Rampaul from injury, and is expecting him to play a leading role in their Champions League campaign.

“Rampaul is back and ready and he will take this opportunity this week end in Guyana and next weekend in Dominica to get ready, so everything should fall into place by the time we are ready to leave for India.”
T&T leave for Guyana tomorrow to play two practice matches against their hosts before travelling to Dominica next weekend for two more practice matches against the Windward Islands team.

“Rampaul is a tremendous boost. He is one of the top bowlers in West Indies cricket and he had played in the IPL (Indian Premier League) earlier this year so he has experience in Indian conditions, and he did well in the IPL so I am sure he is looking forward to representing the Red Force in this edition of the Champions League.

“We expect these practice games to be very competitive. The coaches will be using the opportunity to fine-tune and get ready for India,” said Khan.

The manager is not too concerned about not having some of the key players in the T&T team for the Champions League.

“You will have a number of players who will have an opportunity to step up,” he said.

“Young Evin Lewis, Yannick Ottley, Nicholas Pooran, Adrian Barath. All those are players who will be given the opportunity, and it is about time they stepped up and try and show they are ready to be part of international teams and not just the T&T team,” Khan added.

T&T are expected to leave for India on September 16, with the Champions League set to bowl off the next day with the qualifying stage.

T&T were seeded directly into the group stage of the tournament, and will start their campaign on September 22 against the Brisbane Heat.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Khan-TT-will-benefit-from-CPL-exposure-221418071.html
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 04:48:47 PM »
Apparently Darren Bravo is in the team.
Youtube Channel

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 05:30:45 PM »

In place of?  Or carrying 1 extra?
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Red Force ready for Champions League T20
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 06:27:44 PM »

That list is the list to go Guyana, somebody getting drop.
Youtube Channel

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 06:27:42 AM »

That list is the list to go Guyana, somebody getting drop.
:beermug:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 09:17:20 AM »
Im wondering if Cooper may play for us. But that seems a outside chance
Youtube Channel

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2013, 11:13:52 AM »
Thought he in contract w/a qualified IPL team?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2013, 11:26:03 AM »
Thought he in contract w/a qualified IPL team?

He has the final decision, IPL teams pay us for our players. Bravo Pollard and Narine refuse to play for us even though they were getting more money in the past. I read some article that he may play for us not sure how accurate that is , i doubt it though :(
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 11:27:47 AM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2013, 03:55:36 PM »
So Sangakarra choose his home team for CL but Bravo and Pollard blank they country Hmmm.
Youtube Channel

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2013, 10:13:44 PM »
So Sangakarra choose his home team for CL but Bravo and Pollard blank they country Hmmm.

Sangakkara slams SLC while choosing Kandurata
Andrew Fidel Fernando
August 29, 2013
http://www.espncricinfo.com/champions-league-twenty20-2013/content/story/666775.html

Kumar Sangakkara has slammed Sri Lanka Cricket for "creating" a narrative that brought his loyalty into question, even as he confirmed he will play for Kandurata Maroons over Sunrisers Hyderabad in the Champions League.

He said he is ultimately happy to represent his home province, but was perturbed by the manner in which the board publically framed his situation, which he does not believe ever entailed a question of country loyalty. Sangakkara will lose $140,000 from his IPL salary as a result of his decision.

"I was quite upset that there were statements released by individuals in an official capacity, where my loyalty to the country was brought into question," Sangakkara told ESPNcricinfo. "The statements were made to put me at a disadvantage and to make me appear in a very bad light. Certain individuals' efforts to isolate me as a player misled the public and inflamed the issue further.

"Well-placed comments have twisted this into a country versus money, which it is definitely not, because this is a franchise-based tournament where franchises play franchises. It was made out to sound like I was choosing money over country."

Sangakkara's comments were ostensibly aimed at SLC secretary Nishantha Ranatunga, who had told ESPNcricinfo the board would prefer Kandurata's IPL players played "for their country" in the Champions League.

Sangakkara also took a dim view of the board's professing it did not mind losing out on the $150,000 sum a foreign franchise must pay if a cricketer plays for the overseas franchise over his local qualifying team, as it did not parallel the loss he would have to incur personally.

"There's been a statement made that SLC was willing to lose $150,000 by getting me to play for Kandurata. I think the true picture is that I incurred a considerable financial loss out of my salary, and the board incurs a financial loss of $150,000 out of approximately $1.5 million that they will earn through the Champions League, via player commissions of 10% on each players' contract, plus the half a million dollars the Champions League pays for franchise participation. I think there is little or no comparison in the amounts lost. None of the board members or anyone else loses individually, but the player suffers.

"The real matter is not the financial penalty, but the issue of principle. This is not a country versus money issue, but it was created to be so, and I as a player was left alone to be caught in the middle of it.

"Since I got my first contract in 2003, I haven't taken any money to play for my club. I haven't taken any of the prize money from the domestic championships. I haven't taken any money to play in the provincials or any prize money. I've always redistributed that money either to the side, or in the case of my club, to the workers at the club, because I think as a matter of principle; because I hold a national contract, I shouldn't charge for playing first-class cricket in Sri Lanka. "

Ranatunga had first indicated the board would like Kandurata's IPL players to represent their home province on August 17 - the same day Kandurata qualified for the Champions League - but Sangakkara said the board had not asked him to play for Kandurata until a meeting on Tuesday evening.

"The first time I heard directly that they wanted me to play for Kandurata was on Tuesday - the same day I arrived from the West Indies. I was called in for a meeting and met with a few representatives from SLC. I was told that they expected me to play for Kandurata, and I said if that's the case, and if they are informing me at such a late hour, that I'm happy for them to speak to the Sunrisers Hyderabad franchise and also the Champions League, to see if that could be done in a respectful and amicable way, and I would await the outcome.

"Being contacted at the last minute, and told that SLC wished me to play for Kandurata, it all seemed a bit surreal to me. At the same time, SLC failed to mediate a workable solution, so I had to make a decision on my own. I decided to stay with Kandurata and absorb the considerable financial loss."

Sangakkara said he had already inquired about a possible release from Sunrisers even before the board approached him formally. "When I qualified with Kandurata on the 17th, I contacted Sunrisers through my representative and asked them if I was not an essential member of the squad and if they were looking to release me to play for Kandurata. Without making any bones about it, they said they can't release me because I'm going to be an integral part of the squad, even if they can't guarantee me a spot in the first XI.

"Things after that took a very different turn. A very wrong image of the choice that was to be made was presented to the public."

Sangakkara said he had spoken with Sunrisers after having made his decision, and found them to be understanding and supportive of him. "I'm very happy to represent Kandurata. I have no issue with Sunrisers Hyderabad and, at the end of the day, this is my profession - this is how I make a living. I'm pretty happy to have made the decision that I did."

He will now join the Kandurata side as they prepare for the Champions League qualifiers, which begin on September 17.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2013, 10:18:34 AM »
Team for first match:Barath,Lewis.Simmonds,Bravo,Ramdin,Pooran,Narine,Ottley,Emrit,Rampaul,Badree.This team could be a match for anybody and better,I have included Ottley because I feel his left arm othordox spind have done quite well for TT in the past and I dont think Ganga is a much better player all round.Pooran should be asked to do a job like Pollard,he is quite capable of a quick 20 in the last 3 or 4 overs.

1]; } ?>