March 18, 2024, 11:08:12 PM

Author Topic: 2018 World Cup Thread  (Read 143990 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 CONCACAF World Cup Qualifiers Thread
« Reply #450 on: March 25, 2016, 08:54:06 PM »
Braz 2 v Uru 2 fulltime. I think that was in Braz. Good score for Uru.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: March 25, 2016, 08:56:31 PM »
Braz 2 v Uru 2 fulltime. I think that was in Braz. Good score for Uru.
Suarez first game back in a while

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 25, 2016, 09:17:27 PM »
Anyone else concerned about this USA vs Guatemala game.  All USA have to do is win.  Why is it so hard.  Making the group unnecessarily complicated.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 25, 2016, 09:20:15 PM »
klinsmann dustin out he resume right now
I pity the fool....

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 25, 2016, 09:32:43 PM »
Anyone else concerned about this USA vs Guatemala game.  All USA have to do is win.  Why is it so hard.  Making the group unnecessarily complicated.

What makes you think the USA is good? They have very little talent. Most Central American teams are more technical

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 25, 2016, 09:55:27 PM »

I will be surprised if Klinsman keep his job after today loss

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 25, 2016, 10:02:07 PM »

What makes you think the USA is good? They have very little talent. Most Central American teams are more technical

Come on lets me real. They are better than what they played tonight. Shocking stuff from them. Embarrassing really. I would say they not making the hex but they will... some how or the other. NO way Fox and co. are loosing all that money. Sadly Trinidad has a harder job now. Guatemala has a better goal difference than us I believe. We have to murder SVG come Tuesday. And we have to beat Guatemala at home too and not loose to USA by too much in USA.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 25, 2016, 10:03:54 PM »

Come on lets me real. They are better than what they played tonight. Shocking stuff from them. Embarrassing really. I would say they not making the hex but they will... some how or the other. NO way Fox and co. are loosing all that money. Sadly Trinidad has a harder job now. Guatemala has a better goal difference than us I believe. We have to murder SVG come Tuesday. And we have to beat Guatemala at home too and not loose to USA by too much in USA.

I am confident once we play to our potential T&T will beat St Vincent and Guatemala at home..and with those two wins we would have qualified for the hex before playing the USA

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 25, 2016, 10:04:30 PM »
Yes this result just opened up the group and it can make our final 2 games very interesting.

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 25, 2016, 10:06:16 PM »
USA has no top players. The gap with Mexico has never been so wide since before 1990.

American coaches only develop robots. No creativity, little skills, and even tactically they are poor.

They can make it in Concacaf because outside of Mexico and Costa Rica, the other countries have very poor level of human development and high corruption but if you look at pure talent you will find more talented players in Central America and the Caribbean that you will find in the US system.

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 25, 2016, 10:12:21 PM »
When I see an 18 year old American raised kid do what I saw Levi Garcia do today I will change my mind.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #462 on: March 25, 2016, 10:38:21 PM »
When I see an 18 year old American raised kid do what I saw Levi Garcia do today I will change my mind.
Ent that used to be Freddy Adu?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 25, 2016, 10:40:01 PM »
We need to take care of our business. We have 7 Guatemala 6 and USA 4. Good riddance to the soccer players but you cannot count them out.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 25, 2016, 10:42:39 PM »
Our only problem is that we have to shore up the defence.......I still think we need to find 2 quality central defenders.... where from me eh know but we now  know that at our best we can run with them. What will hurt us is not playing this summer as we would have gained invaluable experience

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: March 25, 2016, 10:47:30 PM »
Our only problem is that we have to shore up the defence.......I still think we need to find 2 quality central defenders.... where from me eh know but we now  know that at our best we can run with them. What will hurt us is not playing this summer as we would have gained invaluable experience

That is why I am still upset we did not take advantage of the Copa Centenario opportunity.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 25, 2016, 11:04:37 PM »
I'm also moving towards that school of thought that KJ's time should be limited lawd knows I've gotten enough cuss for defending his time on the field but after watching today's game I really have to ask, what does he bring other than leadership. Something is missing from how he plays and he has played target long enough to know his role. It's almost as if he is afraid to literally think outside the box.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: March 26, 2016, 03:56:26 AM »
I'm also moving towards that school of thought that KJ's time should be limited lawd knows I've gotten enough cuss for defending his time on the field but after watching today's game I really have to ask, what does he bring other than leadership. Something is missing from how he plays and he has played target long enough to know his role. It's almost as if he is afraid to literally think outside the box.

our team needs a goal scorer ..
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: March 26, 2016, 04:46:08 AM »
MEP: You are right about KJ,I'v said it before,he is better off playing a defensive role.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: March 26, 2016, 05:36:49 AM »
are you forgetting charlie davies and landon donovan, not to mention 19 year old micheal bradley who hurt us on many occasions?tsk tsk

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: March 26, 2016, 05:41:16 AM »
and come tuesday you will change your tune and sing his praises when he redeems himself. unfortunately this is football mate, some days we're on and others we're far from that. as it stands kenny had a bad day at the office, it happens to the best, like messi and rooney.

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: March 26, 2016, 07:24:55 AM »
are you forgetting charlie davies and landon donovan, not to mention 19 year old micheal bradley who hurt us on many occasions?tsk tsk

Donovan yes. Only one in the history. Still a player that failed in Europe.

Bradley is a mediocre and certainly technique is not his strenght. Charlie who?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 World Cup Qualification Thread
« Reply #473 on: March 26, 2016, 10:42:26 AM »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: March 26, 2016, 10:48:28 AM »
By scoring in this WC campaign, Guatemala's Ruiz - if I am not mistaken - becomes the third player in history to score in each of five World Cup qualifying campaigns. Something like that. Will confirm.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: March 26, 2016, 11:49:09 AM »
By scoring in this WC campaign, Guatemala's Ruiz - if I am not mistaken - becomes the third player in history to score in each of five World Cup qualifying campaigns. Something like that. Will confirm.

If RRuiz's travel ban continues, he will miss the return leg against us in September. He is banned from traveling outside of Guatemala due to a matter that is in the courts. I believe it's nothing criminal. a civil. . over property.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: March 26, 2016, 12:08:01 PM »

If RRuiz's travel ban continues, he will miss the return leg against us in September. He is banned from traveling outside of Guatemala due to a matter that is in the courts. I believe it's nothing criminal. a civil. . over property.
He was denied a visa to travel to the U.S. For Tuesday's game for this same reason. He's also running for president of the Guatemala federation this year I think.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: March 27, 2016, 06:12:54 PM »
Not a qualifier but England played some nice ball against Germany. This Germany lookin like garbage though. Emre Can? They not serious.

Nice return by Mario Gomez. I thought he was done and dusted. He woulda had a tidy double if not for a malfunctioning linesman.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: March 27, 2016, 06:28:17 PM »
Not a qualifier but England played some nice ball against Germany. This Germany lookin like garbage though. Emre Can? They not serious.

Nice return by Mario Gomez. I thought he was done and dusted. He woulda had a tidy double if not for a malfunctioning linesman.
Vardy had a nice one.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

1]; } ?>