March 18, 2024, 09:56:04 PM

Author Topic: 2018 World Cup Thread  (Read 143986 times)

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 CONCACAF World Cup Qualifiers Thread
« Reply #480 on: March 28, 2016, 08:46:33 AM »
When I see an 18 year old American raised kid do what I saw Levi Garcia do today I will change my mind.
Ent that used to be Freddy Adu?
are you forgetting charlie davies and landon donovan, not to mention 19 year old micheal bradley who hurt us on many occasions?tsk tsk

Donovan yes. Only one in the history. Still a player that failed in Europe.

Bradley is a mediocre and certainly technique is not his strenght. Charlie who?

That is a harsh judgment to pass.  Like him or not LD was top drawer.  I@ Bayern he was not given much of a chance.  Unless you have proven yourself elsewhere as a top offensive player and they go in for you it is very difficult to get ahead of the Germans in that team.  I liken his treatment to the situation that developed at Stoke with KJ once Crouch was brought in.  Only reason he went ahead of KJ was because he was English because he brought nothing additional in terms of goal scoring or increased team chemistry.  When Donovan went to Everton they wanted him to stay and even brought him a second time.  So saying he failed is disingenuous at best.  After his episode @ Bayern he made the decision that he would stay in MLS and build it.  Whether you agree with his decision or not, no one can argue that he didn't help elevate the status of the MLS and make his team attractive enough that Keane and Beckham would choose to join.

Just so we clear I am not a fan of LD but give Jack he jacket.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 World Cup Qualification Thread
« Reply #481 on: March 28, 2016, 06:15:45 PM »
7-1
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 28, 2016, 07:01:30 PM »
any clips on the great yankees and their commentary, like harks and lal-ass? somebody post something nah i feel like laughing tonight at the expense of the bombastic yanks.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: March 28, 2016, 08:00:53 PM »
Anyone else concerned about this USA vs Guatemala game.  All USA have to do is win.  Why is it so hard.  Making the group unnecessarily complicated.
Yes this result just opened up the group and it can make our final 2 games very interesting.

We need the U.S. to beat up Guatemala. If that game draw tomorrow night, we cld end up with 3 teams on 11 pts. And our goal difference rel poor.
We need to have this wrapped up before the away game vs USA.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: March 28, 2016, 08:30:12 PM »
Amazing, we not at a stage where we have to depend on other results to go through but having discussions as such. I guess as fans we have grown accustomed to the 'heart attack' football syndrome from which we tend to suffer.

Bottom line, we need to take of our own destiny
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: March 28, 2016, 10:11:51 PM »
That is a harsh judgment to pass.  Like him or not LD was top drawer.  I@ Bayern he was not given much of a chance.  Unless you have proven yourself elsewhere as a top offensive player and they go in for you it is very difficult to get ahead of the Germans in that team.  I liken his treatment to the situation that developed at Stoke with KJ once Crouch was brought in.  Only reason he went ahead of KJ was because he was English because he brought nothing additional in terms of goal scoring or increased team chemistry.  When Donovan went to Everton they wanted him to stay and even brought him a second time.  So saying he failed is disingenuous at best.  After his episode @ Bayern he made the decision that he would stay in MLS and build it.  Whether you agree with his decision or not, no one can argue that he didn't help elevate the status of the MLS and make his team attractive enough that Keane and Beckham would choose to join.

I believe LD was at Bayer Leverkeusen.  I don't think it was about playing opportunities nah,  I remember something about him being homesick.
My opinion at the time was that he was immature.

That situation with Ruiz is interesting.  I kinda want him to come POS and experience the buss-ass firsthand though.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: March 29, 2016, 04:36:08 AM »
Pescadito Ruiz is in Columbus for tonight's game so he will most likely be in POS too
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: March 29, 2016, 05:15:20 AM »
Really? Heard the judge moved the matter to today and so would have been too late...something must have happened last minute

Vieri and Hudson ripped the US play to shreds last night and in the end they said the last game vs TT will be tough and 'TT is playing better than the US now'
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: March 29, 2016, 07:41:47 AM »
Pescadito Ruiz is in Columbus for tonight's game so he will most likely be in POS too

Also not sure Ruiz is off and running. Source?

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: March 29, 2016, 08:51:00 AM »

I believe LD was at Bayer Leverkeusen.  I don't think it was about playing opportunities nah,  I remember something about him being homesick.
My opinion at the time was that he was immature.

That situation with Ruiz is interesting.  I kinda want him to come POS and experience the buss-ass firsthand though.

You right but Leverkusen even worse.  Very rarely has players from other nations played big minutes unless is a star in that team.  So a young prospect come like ah black man in America that have to work twice as hard and be twice as good.  The fella make 7 appearances in 5 years for the first team!  I have never really cared for his personality but to be fair that made absolutely no sense whatsoever.  Dat was utter bullshit, who wouldn't want out after a while being there and not getting an opportunity and keep in mind this started when he went there @ about 17 playing with the 2nd team for a couple years.  I doh know what other people mindset was @ 17 but I woulda probably been homesick in that environment too.  If yuh playing steady it probably wouldn't weigh very heavy on your mind at all.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: March 29, 2016, 11:50:53 AM »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: March 29, 2016, 12:32:22 PM »

Also not sure Ruiz is off and running. Source?

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/03/29/guatemalas-carlos-ruiz-hamilton-lopez-rejoin-team-usmnt-clash-ohio

These are developments that occurred subsequent to either of our posts. Based on audio comments from the woman who leads the Normalization Committee, I was reasonably certain that Ruiz had not left Guatemala prior to this morning (and he had not). And I was more certain after cross-referencing other sources that had no new info since the federation's backpedal.

However, good on the Guatemalans. The "federation" has arranged two private planes, on two successive days, to get two players to Ohio. We would be struggling with logistics. They even managed to facilitate and assist the other player with his visa issue.

Since the very "federation" reversed its decision on the duration of Ruiz's ban, it was clear they would go to bat for him.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: March 29, 2016, 01:27:31 PM »
P.S. That landlord would have been public enemy #1.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: March 29, 2016, 02:04:01 PM »
P.S. That landlord would have been public enemy #1.
Ent!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: March 29, 2016, 07:50:32 PM »

USA beat up Guatemala.. and I am sure they will beat Vincy in their next game.  Which means T&T should take care of business at home and beat Guatemala and the last game between T&T and US should be a fight for who top the table.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: March 29, 2016, 07:51:13 PM »

Jamaica vs Costa Rica clash tonight should be epic. Leh we see what JA is really made of..

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: March 29, 2016, 08:00:39 PM »

Jamaica vs Costa Rica clash tonight should be epic. Leh we see what JA is really made of..

I watching Haiti vs Panama. Placide is keeping Haiti in the game. Haiti only fouling and dropping on the pitch. The ref aint showing any cards. How the hell this team beat us for Copa..

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: March 29, 2016, 08:04:17 PM »
This is a hostile environment. JA just avoided a bad call which could have been a penalty. Not even 2 minutes pass.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: March 29, 2016, 08:07:56 PM »
Costa Rica 1-0 Jamaica.

Good game so far. Lots of action. Very intense.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: March 29, 2016, 08:08:01 PM »
Yard off to a bad start. Not sure it would de facto have been a bad call.

(And that wasn't even factoring in the goal).

Offline socachynee

• Sr. Warrior
  • goals win games
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: March 29, 2016, 08:32:24 PM »
Mexico vs Canada starting now

Mayan Gods will feast tonight
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 08:33:59 PM by socachynee »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: March 29, 2016, 08:40:48 PM »
CR 2-0 JA

Offline socachynee

• Sr. Warrior
  • goals win games
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: March 29, 2016, 08:51:21 PM »
Mexico 1 on Penalty Canada Nil

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: March 29, 2016, 08:56:54 PM »
7-1

Mag you is ah obeah man, or what.7-1 =6.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: March 29, 2016, 08:58:28 PM »

I will be surprised if Can beat Mex in a WC qualifier, especially when the game in Mex

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: March 29, 2016, 08:59:04 PM »
CR 2-0 JA

CR always been strong team at home

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 29, 2016, 08:59:35 PM »

I watching Haiti vs Panama. Placide is keeping Haiti in the game. Haiti only fouling and dropping on the pitch. The ref aint showing any cards. How the hell this team beat us for Copa..

because we played shit.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 29, 2016, 09:00:55 PM »
CR 2-0 JA

CR always been strong team at home

I don't think TT has ever beaten either JA or CR in WC football. Check me on that.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 29, 2016, 09:05:49 PM »

because we played shit.

Haiti just get a red card. Discipline is lacking. You should see

1]; } ?>