April 19, 2024, 01:11:45 AM

Author Topic: Champions League T20 Thread 2013  (Read 5161 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Champions League T20 Thread 2013
« on: August 30, 2013, 06:20:40 AM »
Tendulkar, Dravid named in CLT20 squads

Sachin Tendulkar, who has retired from the IPL, and Rahul Dravid, who has indicated the upcoming Champions League would be his last tournament, have been named in the Mumbai Indians and Rajasthan Royals squads for the Twenty20 event. A Faisalabad Wolves squad has also been announced, in an indication of the Pakistan side's probable participation in the qualifying stage of the league, after political tensions between India and Pakistan had cast doubts over whether they would be allowed to come over.

Kumar Sangakkara is the only player who hasn't preferred his IPL franchise for the tournament among the 12 wanted by two sides, and has decided to play for his home side Kandurata Maroons. Explaining the process for deciding which teams these players would represent, Dean Kino, a CLT20 governing council member and director of legal and business affairs, said: "Players who were named by more than one team were asked to select which team they were going to play for. Teams were then allowed to replace any player that withdrew from their squad and elected to play for another side.

"CLT20 regulations state that when a player elects to play for their 'away' team, that team must pay the 'home' team $150,000 compensation per player. A 'home' team is classified as a team from the country a player is eligible to represent in international cricket.

"This payment is applicable for 10 of the 12 players that were eligible for more than one team. The exceptions are Kumar Sangakkara, who will be representing Kandurata Maroons, which is classified as his home team, and Thisara Perera, who qualified for Brisbane Heat and Sunrisers Hyderabad, neither of which is classified as his home team."

Lasith Malinga has not been named in the Mumbai Indians squad as he wanted to be with his wife and family, as they expect their second child late in September.

Group A includes Mumbai Indians, Rajasthan Royals, Lions, Perth Scorchers and Qualifier 1 while Group B has Chennai Super Kings, Brisbane Heat, Titans, Trinidad & Tobago and Qualifier 2. Otago Volts, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Faisalabad Wolves and Kandurata Maroons will play the qualifiers beginning on September 17 in Hyderabad, with the top two sides advancing to the main draw starting September 21 in Jaipur and to be played across Ranchi, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad and Delhi.

Mumbai Indians: Rohit Sharma, Sachin Tendulkar, Dinesh Karthik, Harbhajan Singh, Pragyan Ojha, Ambati Rayudu, Aditya Tare, Rishi Dhawan, Abu Nechim, Akshar Patel, Kieron Pollard, Dwayne Smith, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Mitchell Johnson, Glenn Maxwell

Chennai Super Kings: MS Dhoni, Suresh Raina, M Vijay, Wriddhiman Saha, R Ashwin, S Badrinath, Imtiaz Ahmed, Ravindra Jadeja, Mohit Sharma, Michael Hussey, Dwayne Bravo, Albie Morkel, Jason Holder, Faf du Plessis, Chris Morris

Rajasthan Royals: Rahul Dravid, Ajinkya Rahane, Stuart Binny, Sanju Samson, Ashok Menaria, Dishant Yagnik, Vikramjeet Malik, Rahul Shukla, Pravin Tambe, Siddharth Trivedi, Shane Watson, Brad Hodge, James Faulkner, Kevon Cooper, Shaun Tait

Brisbane Heat: Joe Burns, Daniel Christian, Ben Cutting, Peter Forrest, Dom Michael, Chris Hartley, Nathan Hauritz, James Hopes, Matthew Gale, Chris Lynn, Alister McDermott, Cameron Gannon, Alex Kemp, Kemar Roach, Chris Sabburg

Perth Scorchers: Ashton Agar, Michael Beer, Jason Behrendorff, Ashton Turner, Liam Davis, Brad Hogg, Burt Cockley, Simon Katich, Mitchell Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Joel Paris, Alfonso Thomas, Tom Triffitt, Adam Voges, Sam Whiteman

Titans: Jacques Rudolph, Henry Davids, AB de Villiers, Farhaan Behardien, Heino Kuhn, David Wiese, Eden Links, Ethy Mbhalati, Rowan Richards, Mangaliso Mosehle, CJ de Villiers, Graeme van Buuren, Morne Morkel, Roelof van der Merwe, Marchant de Lange

Highveld Lions: Temba Bavuma, Gulam Bodi, Quinton De Kock, Neil McKenzie, Lonwabo Tsotsobe, Ethan O'Reilly, Hardus Viljoen, Rassie van der Dussen, Alviro Petersen, Aaron Phangiso, Dwaine Pretorius, Jean Symes, Imran Tahir, Sohail Tanvir, Thami Tsolekile

Trinidad & Tobago: Denesh Ramdin, Rayad Emrit, Jason Mohammed, Nicolas Pooran, Sunil Narine, Evin Lewis, Samuel Badree, Navin Stewart, Shannon Gabriel, Yannick Ottley, Adrian Barath, Sherwin Ganga, Lendl Simmons, Ravi Rampaul, Darren Bravo

Faisalabad Wolves: Misbah-ul-Haq, Asif Ali, Ali Waqas, Khurram Shehzad, Mohammad Salman, Waqas Maqsood, Samiullah Khan, Asad Ali, Saeed Ajmal, Ehsan Adil, Hasan Mahmood, Jahandad Khan, Farrukh Shehzad, Imran Khalid, Ammar Mahmood

Otago Volts: Nick Beard, Michael Bracewell, Neil Broom, Iain Butler, Mark Craig, Derek de Boorder, Jacob Duffy, Brendon McCullum, Nathan McCullum, James McMillan, Jimmy Neesham, Aaron Redmond, Hamish Rutherford, Ryan ten Doeschate, Neil Wagner

Sunrisers Hyderabad: Shikhar Dhawan, Parthiv Patel, Cameron White, JP Duminy, Dale Steyn, Darren Sammy, Biplab Samantray, Thisara Perera, Karan Sharma, Hanuma Vihari, Ashish Reddy, Amit Mishra, Ishant Sharma, Anand Rajan, TBC

Kandurata Maroons: Lahiru Thirimanne, Nuwan Kulasekara, Upul Tharanga, Thilina Kandamby, Kumar Sangakkara, Shehan Jayasuriya, Chamara Silva, Milinda Siriwardana, Dilhara Lokuhettige, Dhammika Prasad, Ajantha Mendis, Kaushal Lokuarachchi, Lahiru Jayaratne, Dhananjaya De Silva, Suraj Randiv

http://www.espncricinfo.com/champions-league-twenty20-2013/content/story/666987.html
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Champions League T20 Thread 2013
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 01:15:09 PM »

Trinidad & Tobago: Denesh Ramdin, Rayad Emrit, Jason Mohammed, Nicolas Pooran, Sunil Narine, Evin Lewis, Samuel Badree, Navin Stewart, Shannon Gabriel, Yannick Ottley, Adrian Barath, Sherwin Ganga, Lendl Simmons, Ravi Rampaul, Darren Bravo

Zero batting  ! We done lose already ! We need Sookdeosingh !Cariah ..

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 06:51:26 PM »
btw that is not a diss to  all these players eh .But we need a live wire fuse to ignite our team ,then all our players will catch fire and take off !

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 05:28:01 AM »
Our batting dont have the power to take bowling apart but we are just about capable on a good day to post a good score like 150,if we can do that we have the bowling to keep teams down to 130/140.Our strength will come from bowling and fielding and we may even surprise people if Barath and Pooran can show us what we expect and are hoping for,I haven't even mentioned Simmonds,we could be full of surprises.I feel Gabriel is hit or miss,we have a problem there and I dont know how we will use him.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Champions League T20 Thread 2013
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 05:31:47 AM »
I feel Gabriel is hit or miss,we have a problem there and I dont know how we will use him.

Use him on the bench. Emrit and Rampaul good enough.
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 07:21:00 AM »
Lara to travel with T&T to CLT20
By Roger Seepersad
Story Created: Sep 10, 2013 at 9:29 PM ECT

In addition to their duties on the field as cricketers, the Trinidad and Tobago Twenty20 team will also be going to the Champions League T20 in India as the Ministry of Tourism’s Sport Tourism Ambassadors.

The Denesh Ramdin-led team, which includes mystery spinner Sunil Narine as well as West Indies players Ravi Rampaul, Darren Bravo, Lendl Simmons and Samuel Badree, will take on the added responsibility of marketing T&T on the international stage.

And with that goal in mind, the Ministry of Tourism have sponsored the team to the tune of TT$1 million to help with their preparation and other expenses for what will be their fourth outing in the Champions League T20.

The million-dollar sponsorship of the team was revealed yesterday during a press conference/farewell lunch for the team at the Queen’s Park Oval ballroom in Port of Spain, with Ministry of Tourism Permanent Secretary Juliana Johan-Boodram highlighting the roles of T&T contingent.
“Sport Tourism has been identified as one of the key niches that the industry in T&T will be pursuing for both the domestic and foreign markets. It is a vehicle to bring more visitors to T&T,” she explained.

Johan-Boodram also reminded the cricketers on their roles on the trip.
Two of the roles they will have are to be ambassadors and marketers.
“As ambassadors, represent your country. Be responsible. Carry your flag proudly and be aware of your actions.”
“As marketers, let the world know about your country. Utilise your new contacts and spread the word. Use your social media to tell the world about us,” she explained.

Another of T&T Sports Ambassador and one of the country’s biggest sporting icon Brian Lara, who will travel with the team to India, was also present at the function and endorsed the initiative of the Ministry saying: “Anything that is Red, White and Black that is representing us, don’t just represent us on the field but off the field as well.”
Lara said he was honoured to be associated with T&T’s participation in the Champions League and believes that T&T have a team that will make the country proud.

He also wants to help the team during the competition.
“I am just going to be there, not a part of management but as a former cricket I am willing to lend a hand in any way I can.
“I hope I will have a chance to interact with the guys while in India and whatever way I can help. I have always had an open door policy and I look forward to working with you guys, the management, the captain Denesh Ramdin and all the players,” he added.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Lara-to-travel--with-TT-to-CLT20-223227771.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Youtube Channel

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 11:42:22 PM »
I agree with Qmire up to a point. I wouldn't say zero batting, but we are looking thin in that department. Plus, we have the live wire, what we missing is the steady consistent performer. Our last time in the tournament itself (not the qualifiers) it was the bowling that made us dangerous. Hopefully that will be good enough to make it interesting. We won't be seeing Red Force in T20 cricket after this competition. They better make it count.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 01:45:51 PM »
I hope TT plays Yannic Ottley from our first match to the last,I will be bold and say that he could be our "trump card",with the ball,his batting isn't bad either.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 01:53:08 PM »
First games tomorrow. Sammy playing for Hyderabad. 10:20am second game.
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 02:21:35 PM »
I hope TT plays Yannic Ottley from our first match to the last,I will be bold and say that he could be our "trump card",with the ball,his batting isn't bad either.

We bowlers will have to step up. To make it easier for our batsmen. I fear chasing a large total will be tough for us.
Youtube Channel

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2013, 08:50:54 AM »
I have been looking at the SriLanka team Kandurata and it is made up of past and present players and some are at present top class test players.I listened to some comments by the Kiwis commentator,he indicated that it was a team just made up of stars from all over SriLanka and not really a club side from one specific area,which is what a club should be.I dont want to go back about the CPL and sound like "sour grapes" but why couldn't we do that and keep our players with 2 or3 foreigners,if SriLanka could make up a star team with their best players we in the Caribbean should have been allowed to do so to.
Away from that now and back to our present team and my comments about Ottley,I base that on the fact that most left arm orthodox spinners who dont turn the ball or turn it just a bit are dangerous in this form of cricket.Playing for turn when its not their could be an advantage to those types of bowlers,just look at Yuvrage Singh another one is Voges of Australia,I think Ottley have that ability,I'll be looking to see him fox out a few top men.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2013, 09:27:34 AM »
I have been looking at the SriLanka team Kandurata and it is made up of past and present players and some are at present top class test players.I listened to some comments by the Kiwis commentator,he indicated that it was a team just made up of stars from all over SriLanka and not really a club side from one specific area,which is what a club should be.I dont want to go back about the CPL and sound like "sour grapes" but why couldn't we do that and keep our players with 2 or3 foreigners,if SriLanka could make up a star team with their best players we in the Caribbean should have been allowed to do so to.
Away from that now and back to our present team and my comments about Ottley,I base that on the fact that most left arm orthodox spinners who dont turn the ball or turn it just a bit are dangerous in this form of cricket.Playing for turn when its not their could be an advantage to those types of bowlers,just look at Yuvrage Singh another one is Voges of Australia,I think Ottley have that ability,I'll be looking to see him fox out a few top men.

We would need plenty money to buy our players in auction. Plus they probably won't play for us in Champions league anyway like they always do. Bravo seems to prefer his IPL team.

We would need cash like CSK.
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2013, 09:57:09 AM »
Best Kit

Full Size image - http://static.ow.ly/photos/original/3aRib.jpg

The #RedForce replica jerseys for #CLT20, sales at TTCB's Admin Office, call 636-1577/4745 for details, Cost $350. http://ow.ly/i/3aRib
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2013, 07:36:59 PM »
Narine banks on local experience

West Indies and Kolkata Knight Riders spinner Sunil Narine hopes to draw from the experience of playing in the IPL to help Trinidad & Tobago succeed in the Champions League T20.

Narine impressed in his maiden IPL season in 2012, picking up 24 wickets and finishing one behind the leading wicket-taker Morne Morkel, when Knight Riders won their only title. His consistency continued in the next season as he took 22 wickets.

"Having played in India and learning a lot with Kolkata [Knight Riders] I think I can use the Indian conditions to my best ability," Narine said. "Playing in the IPL is a plus I have and having won the T20 crown with West Indies last year, I think I'm equipped for this challenge."

Trinidad & Tobago's first match is in Ranchi, which Narine believes to be advantageous. Ranchi was Kolkata's second home venue during the IPL last year and the spinner has fond memories of the JSCA ground, having claimed a four-wicket haul against Royal Challengers Bangalore.

"I have experience playing at Ranchi and have done well there. I think that I can share my knowledge with my team when it comes to the venue and also to some of the teams," he said. "So far we have studied the teams that we are going to meet and the players have knowledge of them going in. We have the right crop for the title-run."

Brian Lara, who is traveling with T&T, said they could replicate their heroics from the inaugural Champions League in 2009, when they made the final.

"We have a great chance. It's a young team but there is experience in Denesh (Ramdin) and Sunil Narine, as well as (Ravi) Rampaul, so I can see us making the final four," he said. "T20 is our kind of game and we've shown this as a country but also as a region."

T&T swept all their matches in the Caribbean T20 tournament, barring the opening game which was rained out, and beat Guyana by nine-wickets in the final, qualifying for the CLT20 directly for the first time this year.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/champions-league-twenty20-2013/content/story/672325.html
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2013, 11:52:46 AM »
Hyderabad and Otago are through to the main group stage
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2013, 05:39:24 PM »
Group B: Chennai Super Kings, Titans, Brisbane Heat, Trinidad & Tobago, Sunrisers Hyderabad.
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2013, 06:58:38 AM »
Titans doing us a favour against Hyderabad.
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2013, 07:51:29 AM »
If we beat Titans Monday we should be through. Our run rate is better than them. Hyderabad can't catch up with their bad run rate.

So Hyderabad and Brisbane look all but out with one game remaining. We have two games left. Titans last game is against us.
Youtube Channel

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2013, 05:30:57 PM »
If we beat Titans Monday we should be through. Our run rate is better than them. Hyderabad can't catch up with their bad run rate.

So Hyderabad and Brisbane look all but out with one game remaining. We have two games left. Titans last game is against us.

what time is that game?
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2013, 06:52:44 PM »

what time is that game?

Monday 6:20am TT time

Wed 10:20am TT time
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>