April 23, 2024, 11:41:57 PM

Author Topic: KERI MOSS- MASTERCHEF  (Read 1380 times)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
KERI MOSS- MASTERCHEF
« on: August 30, 2013, 08:13:14 AM »
KERI MOSS- MASTERCHEF
http://platterform.com/2013/keri-moss-masterchef/

Keri Moss gained her notoriety as a not-to-be-messed with chef when she won MasterChef: The Professionals 2012.

Since then she continues to work for Smart Hospitality (nominated for Caterer of the Year 2013) and opened her first restaurant, the Corner Restaurant and Champagne Bar, at London’s Selfridges earlier this year.

We were honoured and extremely pleased when Keri agreed to join us at the Skyroom for a night of creative collaboration and gastronomic exploration.

SATURDAY 31ST AUGUST

Keri delves back to her roots for an exclusive one-off night of Caribbean cuisine like you have never experienced before!

A quick word from Keri about the menu…

“The reason for this menu was to say a big thank you to my nan and my heritage. Since winning MasterChef I haven’t really paid any homage to my beautiful heritage until now!

The dishes that I have chosen are things that remind me of all of the beautiful places that I have been in Tobago with my Trini family and the great love that I have for my grandmother.

My first taste of curried goat and roti was with my step mum and two sisters on the way back from sun bathing from Castara beach, my all time favourite beach in Tobago. The soft unleavened bread filled with a deliciously spiced curry where the meat is so soft it just melts in your mouth with a little bit of Chana- oh my Lord it was just fantastic, I couldn’t eat it quick enough!

As for the crab, we have beautiful fish and shellfish which I love… I wanted to put it with something light and tangy to get you ready for the next course so the pineapple reminded me of a hot hot day going into town grocery shopping and to cool down I’d get a bag of chilled pineapple to munch on the way home!

Then for dessert, what better than mango, we have mango trees at the family house in Tobago. I was always the one going outside to check them to see if they were ready, if they were then I wouldn’t wait to make something from them they’d just be eaten straight away!”

Keri will be treating the lucky few to a 7 course meal on the night. Numbers are limited so get booking quickly!

Tickets only £45!

Book here: http://billetto.co.uk/kerimossattheskyroom

MENU

Corn soup, soused vegetables
Spiced soft shell crab, pineapple salsa
Nan’s recipe reconstructed chicken stew served on skewers with eggplant relish and tomato chutney vinaigrette
Buljol salted codfish with fried plantain
Cou Cou- baked tilapia and callaloo
Curried goat, chana and roti
Mango creme
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

1]; } ?>