April 28, 2024, 08:27:08 PM

Author Topic: Justin Hoyte: 'No club has phoned me about him', says Tony Mowbray  (Read 960 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Justin Hoyte: 'No club has phoned me about him', says Tony Mowbray
By Andrew Wilkinson (Middlesbrough Gazette)

Justin Hoyte may end up leaving the Riverside before the end of the month – but that’s not the reason he didn’t feature against Blackpool on Saturday.

Amid rumours that the 28-year-old full-back’s departure to Millwall was imminent, Boro boss Tony Mowbray revealed why the former Arsenal defender was not in the squad to face the Seasiders.

“No club has phoned me about him. He went to the Gold Cup in the summer and hasn’t done pre-season training.

"He is behind the others fitness-wise and that is why he wasn’t involved,” Mowbray told the Gazette.

“So don’t look too deeply into it. Frazer Richardson and Stuart Parnaby are ahead of him at the moment.”

Read More...
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Justin Hoyte: 'No club has phoned me about him', says Tony Mowbray
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 09:53:20 AM »
dat excuse doh even hold water. what he saying de Gold Cup and our preparations was shitty? how Carlos playing for his club in de same division? His training was different? if they say injury dais different.   

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 11:49:36 AM »
dat excuse doh even hold water. what he saying de Gold Cup and our preparations was shitty? how Carlos playing for his club in de same division? His training was different? if they say injury dais different.   
I was thinking the same thing. There is more to his benching that meets the eye.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 12:12:17 PM »
Hoyte was injured (hamstring injury) at the Gold Cup so it's not surprising that he may not now be fully fit.

The manager's comments could be taken as a dig at T&T but even if that were the case, it's nothing new.  Many club managers constantly put pressure on players to forego their respective national teams in favour of their clubs.  Especially those national teams that they perceive to be "tin pot" teams.

Got to hand it to Mowbray though.  Any "offence" one might take wouldn't be because of what was said.  everything he said was probably true:

Hoyte went to the Gold Cup this summer - Fact

He missed pre season training - Likely he missed some due to being at the Gold Cup but MAYBE not ALL of pre season training

He's behind 2 players at the moment fitness wise - That's his opinion and unlikely anyone here can challenge it, especially as Hoyte was coming off of that hamstring injury

Any offence taken from his comments will likely be over what was NOT SAID
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 01:55:51 PM »
Justin Hoyte

Its been a strange 12 months for Boro’s regular right-back for the past five years. Firstly he was released last summer before being re-signed. Then he went on to have arguably his best season for the club, drawing warm applause for the first time in a Boro shirt having often been the fall guy in the Boro defence. Then this summer at the age of 28 he got the call to play international football for Trinidad and Tobago. Now it could just be that with success is coming a feeling of being unable to share it with the people closest to him. The Londoner who it has been said is missing home after five years away could now be set for a return south. Millwall are supposedly sniffing around and with the signing of Frazer Richardson it could be that Mogga gives Justin his wish.

Potential for transfer activity = 3/5

http://stevosboroblog.wordpress.com/2013/08/31/what-business-if-any-will-boro-conclude-before-the-transfer-window-slams-shut/
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>