April 18, 2024, 02:14:25 AM

Author Topic: Peltier, Guerra recalled for Saudi trip.  (Read 6771 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Peltier, Guerra recalled for Saudi trip.
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2013, 09:14:44 PM »
He plays Left Back for Club and Country... he is primarily right footed but has the ability to use both feet...Tidy full back, does not get forward enough for me ...has to work on that

Still a kid, and got some game time in the Gold Cup which will serve him well...definitely one to keep around the team with the hope he improves and develops into a solid option

thanks for the info  :beermug: traditionally full backs would camp out and be a part of set pieces, but our modern wingbacks tend to overlap more and are naturally attacking, thats what i love about cyrus, he is a great find for tt.. what would you say is causing him to not push forward, confidence or he is not as strong in the dribbling/ball control dept?

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2013, 10:25:00 PM »
Cyrus was a striker, and I have seen him play anywhere in the back 4. saw Bateau against Peru at Lb and he was good. Of course he probably did not get forward as much but he was solid.

Cyrus has primarily played at CB and although he may be prone to some gaffes, I think it is his best position. he is one of the quickest defenders on the team and is good in the air

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2013, 11:19:57 PM »
Interesting to see only Connection and Caledonia players getting picked from the Pro teams in T&T.

Remember, Hart hasn't had a chance to see any other Pro League teams play in anger yet.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2013, 05:54:16 AM »
The omitted players who participated in the Gold Cup are, Joevin Jones, Carlos Edwards, Keon Daniel, Cornell Glen, Jamal Gay, Darryl Roberts, Seon Power, Cleon John and Kevon Carter.

Daniel and Power is not needed.

Glen will be miss but we need to build and he needs to focus on his new job in India.

Joevin will also be miss, but I am assuming he is injured or on trial? W Connection don't hesitate when it comes to sending players out.

The rest, we can do without them, they do not add much.

At this point in time, Theobald is needed to help make the transition easier for the younger ones.

Good job SH.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2013, 05:59:10 AM »
I would have like to see Hector instead.

Hector was called up, but unavailable.

so Tallman tell we who are the players that were called up and unavailable nah ? Hart mentioned it in his press conference and the reporters ain't even ask him who are the players.

Keon Daniel
Hughtun Hector
Joevin Jones
Carlyle Mitchell
Seon Power

thanks brother, always keeping us informed

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2013, 06:54:14 AM »
doubt Molino going now, his team in USL finals next Saturday 7th Sept.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2013, 07:45:03 AM »
Any word on the omission of :
Cordell Cato
Julius James
Carlyle Mitchell
Yohance Marshall

**** no one convince Nick Deleon Otis he still hoping for a call from USA?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2013, 07:47:32 AM »
Cyrus was a striker, and I have seen him play anywhere in the back 4. saw Bateau against Peru at Lb and he was good. Of course he probably did not get forward as much but he was solid.

Cyrus has primarily played at CB and although he may be prone to some gaffes, I think it is his best position. he is one of the quickest defenders on the team and is good in the air

:beermug:

havent seen bateau in a while, his pace in comparison to Cyrus is something i can't comment on, but i could see that working, you're thinking of something like this:

Jan
Bateau
Primus
Cyrus
Hoyte

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2013, 07:53:08 AM »
doubt Molino going now, his team in USL finals next Saturday 7th Sept.

if that is the case, we would have to promote plaza and play him in a role like what glen had in the gold cup, is he capable of playing the withdrawn striker position behind jones? we need a striker to play a Bergkamp type role to play in the hole to compliment jones, then we will have to push guerra back in the center mid and plaza forward with boucard as a winger.

Jones

Plaza

Peltier            Guerra          Boucard

Hyland (Holding Mid)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 08:02:30 AM by Controversial »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2013, 11:26:03 AM »
I feel Cyrus who is versatile in defense must be used properly to address the traditional or recent socawarrior weakness. Its been quite a while since we have had two wingbacks of high pedigree plugging the hole in our defense. L wing back is always a problem. Because of our historical defense problems we have been trying to compensate with the formations and excessively dragging back midfielders with offensive and shooting skills like Hyland and even preventing beautifully attacking players like Latapy from playing getting playing time. This just serves to blunt our attack and we lose penetration in these 4-5-1 and other formations that isolate our strikers and reduce options for attack. Whoever our opposition's best Zalaya-type speedster down the wing is, should get Cyrus put on him. If he's coming down the right wing, put Cyrus on the L back. Leave Bateau and Primus at mid and put Hoyte on the other wing back, probably right back. Gonzales as back up. The rest as below and let's get back to attacking football with the bogey of an old porous defense off our mind.

Jan
                                        Bateau                        Primus
                        Hoyte                                                       Cyrus

Theobald
                                                                 Hyland
                        Peltier                                                    Guerra

Molino                         
                                                                Jones

Hart, Hutson, Derek & Beenie,
Take note. Make the defense air-tight and free up the attack to ramajay.   ;D                     
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 11:28:50 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2013, 06:55:54 PM »
hmmm...not one left footed player on the squad

had 2 at the GC...Jones and Skilla daniel....just thinking of set plays

also...noticed Akeem Adams playing full mins for his Hungarian club...maybe too soon for a re call....but should be back in the mix soon
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2013, 07:29:42 PM »
hmmm...not one left footed player on the squad

had 2 at the GC...Jones and Skilla daniel....just thinking of set plays

also...noticed Akeem Adams playing full mins for his Hungarian club...maybe too soon for a re call....but should be back in the mix soon

Tallman say dey get turn down with Daniel and Jones

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2013, 07:42:38 PM »

Akeem need to get a good run of games under his belt. He kinda fell off de radar since de days of Maturana.

Any word on the omission of :
Cordell Cato
Julius James
Carlyle Mitchell
Yohance Marshall

**** no one convince Nick Deleon Otis he still hoping for a call from USA?

I think Cato will get his chance soon enough once he continues to get minutes at San Jose.

Julius is a weird case. His track record suggested that he would have been our mainstay/primary defender by now, but for one reason or another it has not happened.

Yohance playing in Myanmar and I eh tink he replacing anybody on dat squad, but we obviously need to keep tabs on him.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2013, 04:58:03 AM »
On Theobald being in the squad, I also have my doubts about him; but it was always about him being (it seemed) an automatic starter. I have always thought he was useful as a squad player.

IMHO Theobald is best suited to a holding MF role in the Team, but Hyland does that better. He dosen't offer much creativity and seems quite ineffective when trying 'to make things happen'. Boucaud, Daniel & Hyland are all better so I just don't see him as a starter unless we want three midfielders in the centre of the park.

I can see a squad place for him as now that Birchall gone and Abu Bakr seems to be recognised exclusively as a defender he is probably the only proven cover for Hyland. It will be interesting to see what Hart does.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2013, 12:10:09 PM »
I feel Cyrus who is versatile in defense must be used properly to address the traditional or recent socawarrior weakness. Its been quite a while since we have had two wingbacks of high pedigree plugging the hole in our defense. L wing back is always a problem. Because of our historical defense problems we have been trying to compensate with the formations and excessively dragging back midfielders with offensive and shooting skills like Hyland and even preventing beautifully attacking players like Latapy from playing getting playing time. This just serves to blunt our attack and we lose penetration in these 4-5-1 and other formations that isolate our strikers and reduce options for attack. Whoever our opposition's best Zalaya-type speedster down the wing is, should get Cyrus put on him. If he's coming down the right wing, put Cyrus on the L back. Leave Bateau and Primus at mid and put Hoyte on the other wing back, probably right back. Gonzales as back up. The rest as below and let's get back to attacking football with the bogey of an old porous defense off our mind.

Jan
                                        Bateau                        Primus
                        Hoyte                                                       Cyrus

Theobald
                                                                 Hyland
                        Peltier                                                    Guerra

Molino                         
                                                                Jones

Hart, Hutson, Derek & Beenie,
Take note. Make the defense air-tight and free up the attack to ramajay.   ;D                     

quick question dreamer, what is your thought process behind switching peltier to right wing and guerra to the left wing?

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2013, 10:18:02 PM »
Thanks for the question Contro.

1. I feel we need to get past the predictable strategy of pass-the-ball-to-Jones, that our opposition is more than prepared for .  Must get true speedsters down the wings, spreading the opposition’s  defense and keeping them preoccupied with other threats.
2. Peltier is very very fast and will attract up to two double-teaming defenders pulling attention away from Jones. He could be possibly used on left or right but he seems to have shown his pedigree on the right wing as a breakaway striker for Trinidad clubs and Slovakian teams.
3. Hector's job is to handle the L wing. In his absence, no sweat: Many folks might not fully be aware of Guerra’s speed. Very fast indeed and good at teasing opposition with fancy footwork right up to the sidelines. I watched him good at the Caribbean Cup where he starred to get us to the Gold Cup. He is known to be classified as a midfielder but he loves to surge in attack and has a fleckin’ rocket of a shot. One could have said use Molino instead of Guerra on the side but Guerra is a physically tougher & rough neck & is better suited for the hatchet-man defender strategy that the opposition will try to release on the wings. Guerra will cause plenty trouble with trickery and there will be tons of free-kicks just outside the box and penalties too as a result.
4. Additionally, Molino can be used as an attacking midfielder, almost striker, withdrawn behind Jones and will certainly cause havoc supplying Jones, Peltier, Guerra and taking shots himself free to ramajay more in the center as the defenders get distracted wide by Guerra and Peltier.
5. Also, Boucaud (as a possible sub for Theobald) and Hyland would be surging forward every now and then to crack some rockets from lay-offs and from rebounds.  Note too that central defender Bateau would be unable to resist joining attacks for headers and to deliver some of his known bullets.

All in all, T&T’s team is looking promising in talent and balance with a refreshingly deep midfield in the post-Yorke and post-Latapy era (even without the exciting Hector and Jones) and with new found strength in defense. With the defense no longer hopelessly porous, we are now able to free up our midfielders to use more attacking formations instead of wasting too much time compensating for holes in defense, especially in the wings.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 05:58:55 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2013, 03:11:15 AM »
Thanks Tallman for dishing out facts to put a damper on this reckless player bashing. Glad to know that Hector was called. Sometimes fans want to know that "their boy" was not overlooked in some spiteful way. The coach seems to have his head on and seems to see through a clear lens, so far.

Word!
Warren N. Boucaud

1]; } ?>