March 28, 2024, 12:54:11 PM

Author Topic: Peltier, Guerra recalled for Saudi trip.  (Read 6724 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Peltier, Guerra recalled for Saudi trip.
« on: August 31, 2013, 06:26:59 AM »
Peltier, Guerra recalled.
By Ian Prescott (Express).

TEN MEMBERS of Trinidad and Tobago’s 2009 FIFA Under-20 World Cup squad, all under age twenty-three (23), have been included in the 21-man squad which new Trinidad and Tobago national team head coach Stephen Hart has selected for the OSN Four National Cup, which takes place from September 5-10 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

Hart has also recalled  Lestier “Corn Curls” Peltier, Ataullah Guerra and Willis Plaza  to international action, along with the England-based trio of Stoke City striker Kenwyne Jones, Andre Boucard (Notts County) and Justin Hoyte (Middlesborough).

The Soca Warriors leave for the tournament on Sunday and will arrive in Saudi Arabia a day before kicking off the tournament against the United Arab Emirates.

New Zealand will play hosts Saudi Arabia in the other match on opening day. On the second day, the winners will meet in the final, while the two losers battle for third spot.

Caledonia AIA’s  Glenroy Samuel, Trinidad and Tobago’s goalkeeper at both the 2007 FIFA Under-17 and 2009 FIFA Under-20 World Cups, get his first tour with the senior team.

Also included are his youth World Cup teammates Robert Primus (FC Aktobe), Daneil Cyrus (W Connection), Mekeil Williams (W Connection), Aubrey David (Caledonia AIA), Kevin Molino (Orlando City), Khaleem Hyland (Racing Genk), Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force), Marcus Joseph (Point Fortin Civic Centre) and Sheldon Bateau (KV Melchien).

Hart did not include former Under-20 World Cup captain Leston Paul, but said he liked some of what he saw from the Guaya United midfielder and will be keeping an eye on him in the future.

“It’s a time for experimentation. We have to be realistic. We finished the Gold Cup and we have an idea of a nucleus, but we have to build for the future,” Hart said, while announcing his team yesterday at the VIP lounge of the Hasely Crawford Stadium. “I felt it was extremely important that I look at players I did not get to see at the Gold Cup. I think it was important to see them play international games.”

Hart chose some of the players based on scouting, some on information obtained from performances on the internet, and also recommendations from his technical staff.

The San Fernando-born former Canada national coach also confessed difficulty in getting players released, despite the tournament being played on an official FIFA match date. There was a hint he might not have gotten everyone he wanted for the series.

“Clubs are never happy about releasing players for international dates and in some countries the leagues don’t stop even when its is a FIFA international date,” he said.

Trinidad & Tobago Squad

Goalkeepers

Jan-Michael Williams (Central FC), Marvin Phillips (Point Fortin Civic Centre), Glenroy Samuel (Caledonia AIA).

Defenders

Sheldon Bateau (KV Mechelen), Justin Hoyte (Middlesbrough), Daneil Cyrus (W Connection), Robert Primus (FC Aktobe), Mekeil Williams (W Connection), Aubrey David (Caledonia AIA), Radanfah Abu Bakr (FC Vosto), Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force).

Midfielders

Kevan George (Columbus Crew), Andre Boucaud (Notts County), Lester Peltier (Slovan Bratislava), Kevin Molino (Orlando City), Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA), Ataullah Guerra (Rovaniemen Palloseura), Khaleem Hyland (Racing Genk), Marcus Joseph (Point Fortin Civic Centre).

Forwards

Kenwyne Jones (Stoke City), Willis Plaza (Song Lam Nghe).

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
Re: Peltier, Guerra recalled for Saudi trip.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 06:47:59 AM »
Wayyyy sah.....that is it right there...that's the 2018 squad...beautiful beautiful! !! All yuh see that defense...that midfield...hopefully men cld gel quick....hart...keep doing ya thing!!!!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 07:40:21 AM »
 Lovely. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 07:41:10 AM »
Mekeil Williams is a decent player but makes really poor decisions with the ball. His passing is sub zero but his work rate is good.

I hope this is phase out time for Theobald. We need him for now to help groom some of the younger players. He have good attitude for this.

Glenroy Samuel is a mistake waiting to happen. I hope he proves me wrong, but he not good at all.

Other than that.

Good team.

Still would like to see Cato, Hector, Gavin Hoyte and Winchester in de mix though.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 08:04:19 AM »
Mekeil Williams is a decent player but makes really poor decisions with the ball. His passing is sub zero but his work rate is good.

I hope this is phase out time for Theobald. We need him for now to help groom some of the younger players. He have good attitude for this.

Glenroy Samuel is a mistake waiting to happen. I hope he proves me wrong, but he not good at all.

Other than that.

Good team.

Still would like to see Cato, Hector, Gavin Hoyte and Winchester in de mix though.

Rundell :D, Sam? or Shahdon ?

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 08:56:42 AM »
Why do these coaches still have this S#!t Hound Theobald on this team...this man have 9 lives on the National Team, I really don't get it. I see no Keon too, which based on his performance in GC I can understand. Theobald should be left off any future teams , I would have like to see Hector instead.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 09:16:11 AM »
I see no Keon too, which based on his performance in GC I can understand.

Keon was called up, but was unavailable. He also injured his ankle last week in a match against New England Revolution, and is a doubt for today's game against Montreal Impact.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, 09:21:31 AM »
Hart took over where Shabazz left off.

These coaches need to stop pampering players and pick the best available.

Theobald is 31 and cannot provide any help for the team in the next set of WC games why not utilized his spot with someone who can really help.

Theobald had his time, he proved he was not up to the game in the GC and stars in friendlies maybe that is the reason they picking him.

While he was at Joe Public I know him pretty well, he does have a good attitude.

Leston Paul should have been here. We are dying for a number 10 and these games are important so we cannot waste them.

I can tell you that the players in T&T lack hunger though, so we really not sure what sort of attitude they carry. Maybe that is the reason some was overlooked.

Interesting to see only Connection and Caledonia players getting picked from the Pro teams in T&T. There run in the CCL is terrible thus far. Maybe Hart need some glasses.

I know Jan Williams from Central is there, but he is an exception because he is fresh of the GC and only now signed for Central.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 09:27:30 AM by Jack Horner »
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2013, 09:31:09 AM »
Hart took over where Shabazz left off.

These coaches need to stop pampering players and pick the best available.

Theobald is 31 and cannot provide any help for the team in the next set of WC games why not utilized his spot with someone who can really help.

Theobald had his time, he proved he was not up to the game in the GC and stars in friendlies maybe that is the reason they picking him.

While he was at Joe Public I know him pretty well, he does have a good attitude.

Leston Paul should have been here. We are dying for a number 10 and these games are important so we cannot waste them.

I can tell you that the players in T&T lack hunger though, so we really not sure what sort of attitude they carry. Maybe that is the reason some was overlooked.

Interesting to see only Connection and Caledonia players getting picked from the Pro teams in T&T. There run in the CCL is terrible thus far. Maybe Hart need some glasses.

I know Jan Williams from Central is there, but he is an exception because he is fresh of the GC and only now signed for Central.

I was very harsh on Bleeder in the last few years, always been a supporter of him as a player, however he fell off a bit, however, Harty knows what hes doing, he needs an experienced veteran player in the middle and on the team, Bleeder is that player, having conversed with him on many occasions he has a great knowledge for the game, more so than many other players I have spoken to, by far.

That being said I understand his pick fully and knowing SH I know why he has him there...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2013, 09:34:16 AM »
Why do these coaches still have this S#!t Hound Theobald on this team...this man have 9 lives on the National Team, I really don't get it. I see no Keon too, which based on his performance in GC I can understand. Theobald should be left off any future teams , I would have like to see Hector instead.

two different players, hector is an attacking creative mid that can play the wing, bleeder is more of a defensive mid, holding mid. He has the experience and we need that going into a tournament like this. Some senior experience is needed to groom these youths, Bleeder is an intelligent player, he has a good football IQ... That's why he is there, he will provide sound advice to the youth players. If you have never spoken to the man you wouldn't know what I'm talking about.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2013, 09:36:14 AM »
I would have like to see Hector instead.

Hector was called up, but unavailable.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2013, 09:39:00 AM »

Other than that.

Good team.

some players have the potential and need a chance to give them the confidence to become a better player and eventually surpass people's expectations. it happens all the time, I am not a fan of J jones the defender, but he has a lot of supporters on here that say hes good, i beg to differ, maybe with more experience he will become a better defender, more confidence and so on..

Harty experiments and this is the time to do it, hes setting himself up to qualify this team for 2018, god willing, he needs to see the players to do this

confidence makes a big difference
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 09:47:03 AM by Controversial »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2013, 09:45:52 AM »
Thanks Tallman for dishing out facts to put a damper on this reckless player bashing. Glad to know that Hector was called. Sometimes fans want to know that "their boy" was not overlooked in some spiteful way. The coach seems to have his head on and seems to see through a clear lens, so far.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2013, 09:49:27 AM »
Thanks Tallman for dishing out facts to put a damper on this reckless player bashing. Glad to know that Hector was called. Sometimes fans want to know that "their boy" was not overlooked in some spiteful way. The coach seems to have his head on and seems to see through a clear lens, so far.

Harty ain't spiteful bro, hes fair, fairer than shabazz and corneal and those men, by far, if you are good you will get called, without a doubt, Harty wants whats best for the team, hes not into losing and making himself look bad, especially T&T...

there are reasons why certain players are not there, valid ones and it's not Hart or his attitude

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2013, 09:51:42 AM »
Wayyyy sah.....that is it right there...that's the 2018 squad...beautiful beautiful! !! All yuh see that defense...that midfield...hopefully men cld gel quick....hart...keep doing ya thing!!!!

this is a good team, full of youth and talent, good for our future, Harty is making statement, he is building and is not afraid to experiment and groom the talented youths for 2018, we need a strong core, this is how you weed out the players who not up to par and form a team that can take us through

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2013, 09:55:37 AM »
Hopefully some good clubs see our players and give them a chance.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2013, 10:02:57 AM »
Hopefully some good clubs see our players and give them a chance.

maybe, maybe not, its a good tournament but not a high profile one, I may be wrong... right now the players need to focus on winning for the national team, not being selfish and thinking of only getting scouted... that's a part of it but it shouldn't be their main focus. They need to win first for T&T, then study that, a winning team goes further than a losing one with selfish players...

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2013, 11:22:11 AM »

Unavailable because he lookin for a club?

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2013, 12:17:19 PM »

I posted this in the next thread... it was in response to Coache, but you can add yourself to the jackass list.. cool ?

you know you are a reallllll jackass... I pray hoping you are not really a coach because I feel so bad especially if it is kids you coaching..

We have no WCQ's until 2015.. Densil's role now is to guide the younger players and show them the attitude necessary to be a unit

You could hate the man playing style all you want, but you can NEVER f**king doubt the man's first class attitude... he not holding back a single player by being there... the role he is playing right now over the next year or so with the team is PRICELESS

The experience alone, seeing it all growing up in one of our best quality squads in 2004-2006 and then taking it on his shoulders in the darkest age of T&T football from 2007-2012 where he lead the team out and dug deep and never packed it in or asked questions.. just put his head down, gathered the troops and bled for the flag

That player, poor quality or not is pure GOLD to have around a squad of younger players.... you cannot discard people like that... have some respect and some common sense

he might not play, and probably should not play ahead of the midfielders but having him around the squad is your trump card right there

Hopefully this post opened some people eyes to understanding the ROLE of Theobald from here on with the T&T team

UNDERSTAND the importance of my points and note I never said he have to play.. just understand the role
Modify message

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2013, 12:26:51 PM »

so Tallman tell we who are the players that were called up and unavailable nah ? Hart mentioned it in his press conference and the reporters ain't even ask him who are the players.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2013, 12:29:39 PM »

so Tallman tell we who are the players that were called up and unavailable nah ? Hart mentioned it in his press conference and the reporters ain't even ask him who are the players.

Keon Daniel
Hughtun Hector
Joevin Jones
Carlyle Mitchell
Seon Power

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2013, 12:40:44 PM »
Excellent!!! He couldn't have called a better team of individuals. Like Hart does be reading these threads orwha?
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2013, 12:46:10 PM »
Excellent!!! He couldn't have called a better team of individuals. Like Hart does be reading these threads orwha?

;) Harty is the man... he has integrity and vision, something that lacked in the previous coaches, not to mention he was a superior knowledge of the game and isn't afraid or too proud to learn from coaches that have achieved more to improve his standards

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2013, 01:02:18 PM »
Trinidad & Tobago Squad

Goalkeepers

Jan-Michael Williams (Central FC), Marvin Phillips (Point Fortin Civic Centre), Glenroy Samuel (Caledonia AIA).

Defenders

Sheldon Bateau (KV Mechelen), Justin Hoyte (Middlesbrough), Daneil Cyrus (W Connection), Robert Primus (FC Aktobe), Mekeil Williams (W Connection), Aubrey David (Caledonia AIA), Radanfah Abu Bakr (FC Vosto), Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force).

Midfielders

Kevan George (Columbus Crew), Andre Boucaud (Notts County), Lester Peltier (Slovan Bratislava), Kevin Molino (Orlando City), Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA), Ataullah Guerra (Rovaniemen Palloseura), Khaleem Hyland (Racing Genk), Marcus Joseph (Point Fortin Civic Centre).

Forwards

Would like to see :

4-2-3-1

----------------------------------JAN----------------------

--Hoyte-------------Cyrus---------------Primus----------------David

---------------------Hyland------------Boucaud

------------Peltier---------------Guerra---------------Molino
-------------------------------Kenwyne

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2013, 01:29:12 PM »
Trinidad & Tobago Squad

Goalkeepers

Defenders

Midfielders

Forwards

Would like to see :

4-2-3-1

----------------------------------JAN----------------------

--Hoyte-------------Cyrus---------------Primus----------------David

---------------------Hyland------------Boucaud

------------Peltier---------------Guerra---------------Molino
-------------------------------Kenwyne

i am unfamiliar with david, is he a natural left footer?

Jan
Cyrus
Primus
Bateau
Hoyte
Peltier
Hyland
Guerra
Boucard
Molino
Jones

I think this is the best team that could possibly play imo

i wish the line up button could do this instead though

Jones

Guerra

Peltier          Boucard          Molino

Hyland (Holding Mid)

Cyrus                                      Hoyte

Primus           Bateau

Williams         
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 01:43:22 PM by Controversial »

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2013, 04:44:47 PM »
Would play Bateau at left back and shift Cyrus to central defence

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2013, 04:45:28 PM »
He plays Left Back for Club and Country... he is primarily right footed but has the ability to use both feet...Tidy full back, does not get forward enough for me ...has to work on that

Still a kid, and got some game time in the Gold Cup which will serve him well...definitely one to keep around the team with the hope he improves and develops into a solid option

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2013, 06:26:07 PM »

I posted this in the next thread... it was in response to Coache, but you can add yourself to the jackass list.. cool ?

you know you are a reallllll jackass... I pray hoping you are not really a coach because I feel so bad especially if it is kids you coaching..

We have no WCQ's until 2015.. Densil's role now is to guide the younger players and show them the attitude necessary to be a unit

You could hate the man playing style all you want, but you can NEVER f**king doubt the man's first class attitude... he not holding back a single player by being there... the role he is playing right now over the next year or so with the team is PRICELESS

The experience alone, seeing it all growing up in one of our best quality squads in 2004-2006 and then taking it on his shoulders in the darkest age of T&T football from 2007-2012 where he lead the team out and dug deep and never packed it in or asked questions.. just put his head down, gathered the troops and bled for the flag

That player, poor quality or not is pure GOLD to have around a squad of younger players.... you cannot discard people like that... have some respect and some common sense

he might not play, and probably should not play ahead of the midfielders but having him around the squad is your trump card right there

Hopefully this post opened some people eyes to understanding the ROLE of Theobald from here on with the T&T team

UNDERSTAND the importance of my points and note I never said he have to play.. just understand the role
Modify message

It's amazing to me how you get your panties all in ah bunch, like Bleeder is your family ? But I'm a jack a$$ because I point out the truth.  You can take it personal you want, I will let his record speak for itself. He is not and will never be a leader, nobody looking up to him , nobody. He is a waste of space and should not be on National Team ever. Call any of the teams he has been on and ask them why he back in Trini...actually just call Latas and ask him why it didnt work out for him, even with his recommendation.  Plain and simple he is not good enough now or ever, so take that in yuh pipe and smoke it

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2013, 06:53:39 PM »

Modify message

It's amazing to me how you get your panties all in ah bunch, like Bleeder is your family ? But I'm a jack a$$ because I point out the truth.  You can take it personal you want, I will let his record speak for itself. He is not and will never be a leader, nobody looking up to him , nobody. He is a waste of space and should not be on National Team ever. Call any of the teams he has been on and ask them why he back in Trini...actually just call Latas and ask him why it didnt work out for him, even with his recommendation.  Plain and simple he is not good enough now or ever, so take that in yuh pipe and smoke it

He is not and will never be a leader, nobody looking up to him , nobody.

If one line could ever confirm someone as a c**t and a half, that was it

Good Job Jackass

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2013, 09:09:43 PM »
Would play Bateau at left back and shift Cyrus to central defence

that could work well, bc Cyrus has the height, my only qualm with that is that Cyrus has a great ability to run on the flank and create, i feel over the years we lacked that in our wingbacks.... he left a great impression on me after the gold cup, he has potential to be a world class defender

1]; } ?>