March 28, 2024, 01:52:52 PM

Author Topic: This is what the clubs in T&T need to do.  (Read 1312 times)

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
This is what the clubs in T&T need to do.
« on: September 04, 2013, 03:12:57 PM »
But when I say it, Central FC guys here gets angry with me and mock me. Stokely Vale and Phoneix must take note when the bigger boys come in for their star players.

Ozil windfall for lowly former club
By Stephan Uersfeld, Germany Correspondent

Fourth-tier Rot-Weiss Essen is one of three German clubs in line to benefit from Mesut Ozil's record-breaking €50 million move to Arsenal.

Ozil started his career at the former Bundesliga club before making the switch to Schalke -- based in his hometown of Gelsenkirchen -- in 2005 at the age of 16. A year later, on August 12, 2006, he made his Bundesliga debut for the Royal Blues in a 1-1 draw against Eintracht Frankfurt.

After making a total of 30 appearances for Schalke, Ozil moved on to Werder Bremen in 2008, before making the €18 million move to Real Madrid following his eye-catching performances at that summer's World Cup finals.

All three German clubs are now due a portion of the Ozil transfer windfall. According to FIFA regulations, all clubs Ozil played for from the ages of 12 to 23 are entitled to training compensation, with a total of 5% will be divided between those clubs.

The allocation formula means both Schalke and Rot-Weiss Essen will each get a 30% share of the compensation, with the rest split between Werder Bremen and Real Madrid.

The three top-flight clubs may scarcely notice the small boost to their balance sheet, but the speculated €750.000 due to Essen -- around 50% of their annual €1.5 million first-team budget -- will represent a major payday for a club which went into administration in 2010.

“We will investigate the exact transfer fee and invoice Arsenal,” Rot-Weiss Essen executive Michael Welling told Die Welt.

Ozil's move to Arsenal makes him the most expensive German player of all time, overtaking Mario Gotze's fee of €37 million paid when he moved from Borussia Dortmund to Bayern Munich earlier this summer.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 03:18:49 PM by Flex »
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: This is what the clubs in T&T need to do.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 03:51:38 PM »
Mr Horner, I don't get angry with you because you think clubs should receive transfer fees or sell on fees. I get angry because you accuse Central of ripping off clubs.
Once clubs like Stokely and Phoenix start complaining because we've ripped them off, then fair enough. But they're not, because we're not!
One of the strengths of established league pyramids is the trickle down effect of sell on fees from the very rich few at the top down to the broad base of clubs at the bottom who discover and develop talent.

The business of football, in other words.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 05:10:38 PM »
Mr. Horner, Remember where Joe Public got Cyd Gray and David George from? and what was offered to their club? Tell the forum for me please!
Live large and prosper!

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 05:27:52 PM »
But Mr Doc, you missing my point. I have no problem with Central getting players from smaller clubs but if they move on to bigger foreign teams and they get a sizeable fee then why not pass some on to the clubs that develop them, a finders fee.

Cyd nor George moved on to bigger clubs.

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 05:36:46 PM »
So are you saying if they did you would have sent us a little sumpn?  :rotfl:
Live large and prosper!

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 07:33:43 PM »
imagine a jack warner supporter complaining that players not getting paid!

when you find those hundreds of millions 'missing' under jack's watch maybe you could throw stokley vale and phoenix a few pennies.

while we on the subject of withholding funds....will anil roberts continue to put tears in the eyes of our u-15 boys under orders from jack?
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 06:45:46 AM »
As a small club, when you sell the player write it into the contract.

if they dont want to write it in ...sell to another club that is willing to work with you.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 07:47:13 AM »
There seems to be some confusion which has developed from an incorrect statement.

So let me enlighten the forum as to how transfers etc work in T&T

1. There are very, very few transfers because players have little or no value inside T&T and if they did, clubs don't have money to spend on fees.
2. Clubs usually just give players a 1 year contract, so if a club wants a player, they simply wait until the contract expires.
3. Overseas clubs also won't pay transfer fees very often. So, a club may loan the player for a monthly fee.
4. When a player ends his contract and joins a next team, the previous club has to release the player before he can register with the second club. At this point, clubs may request a fee or a sell on clause. If, as with Jan-Michael Williams, the club (Rangers) had a contract until September and the new club (Central) wanted the player sooner, Rangers would ask for the contract to be paid up and release him.
5. When a player is sold overseas, a sell on fee would be paid to the previous club, and even the club before that where stipulated. This may not seem much, but if the player sells for £8 million (TT$80 million) and the sell on fee to the Trini club was 15% that equals £1.2 million (TT$12 million). If a second Trini club was promised 20% of fees received, that equals £120,000 (TT$1.2 million).

Usually, clubs are very fair when players move between them and it's very rare for disputes to occur.   

1]; } ?>