April 23, 2024, 12:59:27 PM

Author Topic: A thought on Transfers  (Read 4164 times)

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
A thought on Transfers
« on: January 05, 2006, 12:07:55 PM »
I just came to think of it,
maybe the clubs with the big money buy players just to prevent them from joining another team or from staying with their current team.
Consider Wright-Phillips. Man doh get any extended sweat yet Chelsea went after him. COuld this have been done just to prevent him from joining another competitor?
Just a thought I had
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: A thought on Transfers
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 12:18:21 PM »
shhhhh....doe leh Roman hear yuh sayin dat...it was supposed to be a secret  :-X :-X :-X
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 12:19:20 PM »
 :whew: intrestinggggggggggggggggg :thinking:
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 09:13:47 PM »
SWP not playing cause he eh show enough to displace Cole,Robben or Duff. He get nuff chances in the earlies and even started a Premiership game 2 weeks ago and play real tata and get subbed at the half. No conspiracy theory there...when he perform, he will play. Name a single player Chelsea ever buy and lock away. The ones who wasn't up to scratch get loan out or solld one time, and they had their chances

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 09:51:00 PM »
Ok
Vut yoou dih think managers ever think along these lines?
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2006, 11:14:12 PM »
I doubt a team would pay alot of money just to keep the player away from the competitor's team....

If you're so afraid for another team to have him....and he's so good.....then why not play him ?

I think when teams spend big money, they intend to use the player to the fullest.....but if he doesn't perform, he'd have to sit on the bench......

It would be unfortunate though if a player were really a victim of such a plan

Can't comment directly on SWP, because I haven't really paid close attention to his performances this season
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 11:16:29 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

truetrini

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2006, 12:23:35 AM »
SWP not playing cause he eh show enough to displace Cole,Robben or Duff. He get nuff chances in the earlies and even started a Premiership game 2 weeks ago and play real tata and get subbed at the half. No conspiracy theory there...when he perform, he will play. Name a single player Chelsea ever buy and lock away. The ones who wasn't up to scratch get loan out or solld one time, and they had their chances

so why he get denied a loan move by de Chelsea manager when he ask fuh it so he could play first team football?

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2006, 01:08:28 AM »
Chelsea overpaid on Wright-Phillips and maybe now they just realising that while Man City smiling all the way to the bank still. Some clubs may not buy a player to keep him away from another side but they may stick their nose in a transaction to up the bids just so that the other side won't be able to pay for the player and i think that it what happened with Phillips but Chelsea got stuck with him. The same could be said for Essien but Chelsea kinda came out better since he gts to play but they still paid too much for him.
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2006, 01:13:59 AM »
Chelsea overpaid on Wright-Phillips and maybe now they just realising that while Man City smiling all the way to the bank still. Some clubs may not buy a player to keep him away from another side but they may stick their nose in a transaction to up the bids just so that the other side won't be able to pay for the player and i think that it what happened with Phillips but Chelsea got stuck with him. The same could be said for Essien but Chelsea kinda came out better since he gts to play but they still paid too much for him.

Whey...Men in here doe give people time to develop at all boy. Doe worry bout chelsea under morinho at all, he Bloodin SWP to take over duff spot once he leaves. the man dey 4 months now and men comin up with all kinda jackass theory about why he was bought yes. From what i see of morinho, gettin on the field real real flickin simple. Yuh playin good, yuh get sweat, yuh playin shit, yuh get benched. How else could Joe Cole's rise to the regular-starter spot can be explained? Give SWP ah lil chance nah, he go develop nice nice under morinho!
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2006, 01:18:21 AM »
I used to be thinking about this my self.... If I had level cash I would have done it ...
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2006, 01:31:00 AM »
Let's not forget that Roman is ah businessman! I doe know oh any jackass that would purposely buy a play for an exorbitant fee, then sit him on the bench, all in an attempt to "spite" his enemies. SWP just aint fit into the team yet. Come back next year, when he start to click and all the english yutes buyin "SWP" jerzee and Roman start making back his money. The man rich for a reason......
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2006, 05:53:14 AM »

so why he get denied a loan move by de Chelsea manager when he ask fuh it so he could play first team football?

Did he request a transfer? Even so, you act llike SWP is the only pllayer to have a transfer request denied. Mourinho still values him. he is a talent, he is young and Chelsea needs a deep squad anyway to challenge on alll fronts this season.

truetrini

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2006, 07:07:24 AM »
yes he requested ah loan move to play first team football and was denied!  De man tear up e EPl with Man City..week in and week out!

Now he gone Chelsea...nutten...reminds me ah Scott Parker.

Another grat talent who move to Chelsea and poof..he disappear and playing shit right?

He move to de Geordies and wham!  He back tuh brilliance!

steups!

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2006, 09:03:18 AM »
yes he requested ah loan move to play first team football and was denied!  De man tear up e EPl with Man City..week in and week out!

Another grat talent who move to Chelsea and poof..he disappear and playing shit right?

steups!

Chelsea's squad is too big.  It is as simple as that.  And if you say that a club squad can never be too full of quality (impact) players talk to Parker, Kezman, or SWP and see what they say. 

Chelsea is two and three-deep at many positions which means that real men never get a chance to get into a groove.  So what happens?  You train well, no sweat.  You get a five minutes here, a ten minutes there.  Then you lose your rhythm as a player and confidence starts to sag.

Then boom you get a start.  You are supposed to shine then?  when you have not had regular football for over a month?

truetrini

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2006, 09:04:45 AM »

steups!

Chelsea's squad is too big.  It is as simple as that.  And if you say that a club squad can never be too full of quality (impact) players talk to Parker, Kezman, or SWP and see what they say. 

Chelsea is two and three-deep at many positions which means that real men never get a chance to get into a groove.  So what happens?  You train well, no sweat.  You get a five minutes here, a ten minutes there.  Then you lose your rhythm as a player and confidence starts to sag.

Then boom you get a start.  You are supposed to shine then?  when you have not had regular football for over a month?

My point exactly!

So.......?  Are you agreeing with me?

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2006, 09:08:27 AM »

steups!

My point exactly!

So.......?  Are you agreeing with me?

Of course I am.  Look even Crespo had a hard time at Stamford Bridge the first time around.

truetrini

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2006, 09:30:55 AM »
so why dey doh let de man play on loan as he requested?  Like he fadder right?  Dey destroying he chance at England?

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2006, 09:46:36 AM »
so why dey doh let de man play on loan as he requested?  Like he fadder right?  Dey destroying he chance at England?

That is his business.  No loan for SWP.  He should have thought about that (potential lack of playing time) before signing for Chelsea.

Offline truthseeker

• Sr. Warrior
  • Goal in yuh rucc**tunse
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2006, 10:47:57 AM »
He was blinded by de dollars...

truetrini

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2006, 10:49:03 AM »
and de promises and de prospect ah winning trophies.

Ah bet yuh de same ting went through Yokie mind when Man U was trying tuh buy him!

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2006, 11:32:15 AM »
Let's not forget that Roman is ah businessman! I doe know oh any jackass that would purposely buy a play for an exorbitant fee, then sit him on the bench, all in an attempt to "spite" his enemies. SWP just aint fit into the team yet. Come back next year, when he start to click and all the english yutes buyin "SWP" jerzee and Roman start making back his money. The man rich for a reason......
Chelsea is not a business to him though. Otherwise he wouldn't be routinely overpaying for players.

Chelsea is a billionaire's toy.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 02:26:09 PM by dumpalewie »
TnT Patriot

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2006, 02:01:54 PM »
My thoughts exactly
Wha businessman you know likes to overpay for things on a regular basis?
None

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
  • ultra del vicchia signora
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2006, 05:06:49 PM »

Ah bet yuh de same ting went through Yokie mind when Man U was trying tuh buy him!

yeh but yorkie was starting & starring

truetrini

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2006, 06:40:50 PM »

yeh but yorkie was starting & starring
ahem..do you understand what I was saying?

Do you think dat SWP went there with the thought dat he would be riding pine?

steups!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2013, 02:34:51 PM »
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

1]; } ?>