April 23, 2024, 11:32:55 AM

Author Topic: Allyuh take in this one... Team Masseur blocks two goal attempts in Brazil  (Read 5165 times)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Man sneak on the pitch and clear two ball off de line... after dat he get out of it with de next team in hot pursuit...  :rotfl:

de next kicksy ting is dat de result stand as 2-2 and de man team went through on Away goals.  :rotfl:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8r3Rue-FdHE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8r3Rue-FdHE</a>
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Allyuh take in this one... Team Masseur blocks two goal attempts in Brazil
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 08:26:51 AM »
fat man have speed!

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 08:48:23 AM »
lol, that is pace
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 09:11:24 AM »
But WDA????!!!!    :rotfl:
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 09:24:58 AM »
The beautiful game....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 10:47:20 AM »
Lol, mih boy had more toes than I expected.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 10:55:58 AM »
Speechless
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 12:10:19 PM »
 :rotfl:  only in football oui
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is played from de neck up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 12:22:49 PM »
 :rotfl: That shyt funnyyyy !
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2013, 01:23:12 PM »
Apparently, the team in stripes are taking legal action, I think against the physio. The mans interference has cost them a huge amount of money.
It's a great clip, and very funny, but there are serious implications.

How would you resolve this? A replay would not be fair, as we all know that two teams can play each other twice and have completely different results. It's not an Act of God (i.e. hurricane etc). It was a willful act of cheating that advantaged his team and deprived the other of a lucrative result.

If they don't penalise the guy, you will see this happen a lot more. Imagine a Champions League final or EPL decider. I'm afraid I fear the physio, while we admire his pluck and quick thinking, will probably receive a lifetime ban from professional football.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2013, 02:07:37 PM »
Apparently, the team in stripes are taking legal action, I think against the physio. The mans interference has cost them a huge amount of money.
It's a great clip, and very funny, but there are serious implications.

How would you resolve this? A replay would not be fair, as we all know that two teams can play each other twice and have completely different results. It's not an Act of God (i.e. hurricane etc). It was a willful act of cheating that advantaged his team and deprived the other of a lucrative result.

If they don't penalise the guy, you will see this happen a lot more. Imagine a Champions League final or EPL decider. I'm afraid I fear the physio, while we admire his pluck and quick thinking, will probably receive a lifetime ban from professional football.

I would penalise/disqualify the team and allow the team in stripes to progress and I would consider the ban along with it. Harsh yes, but that was a serious transgression in my view.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2013, 06:48:19 PM »
so wait..let me ask this.. Man take a shot to goal..goalie beaten..If a player behind the goalie sticks a hand out and hands the ball, preventing it from entering the goal..isn't it an automatic goal plus red card for the player. Did that rule cjhange ?
So yes, the physio can't get a red card (thank god them fellas didn't hold him)., but wasn't the ref supposed to adjudge a goal for stripes ? Ref. Lucky he didn't get run out the parkc to.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2013, 07:02:31 PM »
so wait..let me ask this.. Man take a shot to goal..goalie beaten..If a player behind the goalie sticks a hand out and hands the ball, preventing it from entering the goal..isn't it an automatic goal plus red card for the player. Did that rule cjhange ?
So yes, the physio can't get a red card (thank god them fellas didn't hold him)., but wasn't the ref supposed to adjudge a goal for stripes ? Ref. Lucky he didn't get run out the parkc to.

I never see this rule maxg. Since when ah automatic goal is a rule in football? The ball have to cross the line to be adjudged a goal.\
You could penalize a player on the field and award a penalty, but this person was not a player but an outside agent.

The moment an outside agent enter the field, the ref is supposed to suspend play until the agent is removed. The play is resumed with a drop ball.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2013, 08:30:31 PM »

I never see this rule maxg. Since when ah automatic goal is a rule in football? The ball have to cross the line to be adjudged a goal.\
You could penalize a player on the field and award a penalty, but this person was not a player but an outside agent.

The moment an outside agent enter the field, the ref is supposed to suspend play until the agent is removed. The play is resumed with a drop ball.

this is what i was thinking as well. we'll have to see what trumps what. adjudicators may also have to be wary of taking into context the huge amount of money lost by the stripes, as FS said.

other than that, i like how he threw the cooler to connect with d man face  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2013, 09:09:01 PM »
There is footage somewhere of two incidents I recall. One is where a ball was heading for the empty net and it burst and didn't cross the line, the second was where a ball was goal bound and hit a bird or dog or cat? Point is, unless the ball crosses the line a goal cannot be awarded.
The options are few: replay or replay.
You can't reverse a result of a game, it would not be defensible in court and would lead to countless similar suits, not least the 1966 World Cup Final (however, cancelling Hursts goal would still leave the result 3-2, so that would be a hard case to win)
All that can be done is dish out punitive action against the Physio, against the club for failing to control it's staff and possibly the referee because he could have awarded a drop ball on the goal line.

I would also question the fair play of the club who benefited. It may have been an important game, but the coach should have ordered his players to concede a goal. We have seen many magnanimous sporting gestures, not least Paulo Di Cannio.

This was an entertaining episode that will become a collectors item, but if the offending team had manned up and conceded, punishment would have been light. Now the wrath of world football will fall on the physio.
But it proves the old saying: The game ain't over until the fat physio is controlled!

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2013, 09:15:23 PM »
There is footage somewhere of two incidents I recall. One is where a ball was heading for the empty net and it burst and didn't cross the line, the second was where a ball was goal bound and hit a bird or dog or cat? Point is, unless the ball crosses the line a goal cannot be awarded.
You can't reverse a result of a game, it would not be defensible in court and would lead to countless similar suits, not least the 1966 World Cup Final (however, cancelling Hursts goal would still leave the result 3-2, so that would be a hard case to win)
All that can be done is dish out punitive action against the Physio, against the club for failing to control it's staff and possibly the referee because he could have awarded a drop ball on the goal line.

I would also question the fair play of the club who benefited. It may have been an important game, but the coach should have ordered his players to concede a goal. We have seen many magnanimous sporting gestures, not least Paulo Di Cannio.

This was an entertaining episode that will become a collectors item, but if the offending team had manned up and conceded, punishment would have been light. Now the wrath of world football will fall on the physio.
But it proves the old saying: The game ain't over until the fat physio is controlled!

Impossible... it would be on the 6 yard line closest to the infraction

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2013, 09:22:14 PM »
Daman hadda change his identity now bc dem fans in Brazil don't play
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 09:25:12 PM by soccerman »

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2013, 10:13:31 PM »
The man have serious speed but what were the refs doing especially the linesman one of them had to notice the man pose up on the post wasn't a player

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2013, 06:53:50 AM »
thanks FF. A refree tief we head (and the game) with that one (30 years ago), unless they did that then.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2013, 07:04:13 AM »

Impossible... it would be on the 6 yard line closest to the infraction
No drop balls take place inside the goal area
Live large and prosper!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2013, 07:08:53 AM »
thanks FF. A refree tief we head (and the game) with that one (30 years ago), unless they did that then.

On the other hand, if he was for the stripes, and scored - ball cross the line - would it count ? automatic disallowed goal,right...it just not fair.  :frustrated:    :rotfl:

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2013, 07:10:19 AM »
What if the masseur blocked the first shot but couldn't stop the ball from crossing the line on the second attempt... Would that have been awarded a goal?

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2013, 07:29:15 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl:
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2013, 07:30:28 AM »

No Max that would be a automatic red card and a penalty. See Ghana vs Uruguay w/Luis Suarez (WC2010 in South Africa).

What if the masseur blocked the first shot but couldn't stop the ball from crossing the line on the second attempt... Would that have been awarded a goal?

No. I believe the goal shouldn't count as the play should have been whistled dead the minute he blocked the first attempt. Actually the play should be dead as soon as he enter field.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

1]; } ?>