March 29, 2024, 03:38:33 AM

Author Topic: What's Next for the Warriors and Harty?  (Read 5862 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
What's Next for the Warriors and Harty?
« on: September 09, 2013, 01:43:57 PM »
I was thoroughly impressed with the performance in the tournament, they showed grit and determination. Plus they were entertaining to watch.

SH has them playing some good football and they will continue to blossom into a team that can place in the top 3 in CONCACAF for 2018.

So what's next for the team? Are we going to play a string of friendlies on the next FIFA dates or will the TTFA and gov't get into a bitter battle once more? I hope the former is the story and the latter is history.

If it is one thing we have learned as supporters over the years is that nothing can be more debilitating than vindictive fighting and actions that stunt the progression of our football.

Despite doing well, we have a lot of room for improvement and I believe Harty will focus on that in order to strengthen our weak areas.

This tourney was a good lesson for us, as we see what our players can do under a great coach, and what makes it sweeter is he is Trinbagonian to boot.

So what's the boards consensus as to what's next for the Warriors and our beloved new coach.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 01:54:11 PM by Controversial »

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What's Next for the Warriors and Harty?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 01:51:30 PM »
We ain't beat nobody yet.

Honduras and Mexico b team and UAE and ksa are not exactly world beaters

That said we did good
The team playing good

And hart bringing in a lot of fresh faces and have the team playing well.

Next steps

A local group playing versus Caribbean opposition mainly with younger players

Some big games versus some World Cup bound teams later this year into next to provide some stiff test.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 01:56:57 PM »

That said we did good
The team playing good

Next steps

Some big games versus some World Cup bound teams later this year into next to provide some stiff test.

Definitely room for improvement breds, but we are headed in the right direction, one big change is we are scoring goals again and that was lacking for quite a while.

We need stronger opponents and Hart needs more time with the team, not bad suggestions :beermug:

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 01:59:22 PM »
What we need is regular opposition from teams in and around our ranking and occasionally higher if possible. Easier said than done, but if we continue to produce the results and performances we have so far, the offers from potential opponents should increase in number and quality.

The downside is if the Government and TTFA fail to be consistent in their support it will undermine all the good that has been achieved so far. For starters; pay the salaries of Coaching and playing staff on time, ensure travel arrangements are organised and paid for in a timley manner and work from there. The less stress on the team, the greater the chances for consistent improvement.

(oh) Players will want to play then and as long as its during FIFA dates there should be none of this unavailability nonesense.

Just my take on things.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 02:02:14 PM by Rodney »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 02:02:42 PM »
I was thoroughly impressed with the performance in the tournament, they showed grit and determination. Plus they were entertaining to watch.

This is an important point here. We playing a more attractive brand than the last few years. Word will get around and invitations should follow!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 02:03:26 PM »
We just have to keep using the international calendar and getting the lads good exposure and experience..so when 2015 WCQ's come around we supposed to walk out that group(Caribbean Preliminary Round) and get ready for war in the group of 4 in 2016

We have 2 years and change of time to boost the on field and off field product... from seniors all the way to under 15's

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 02:04:20 PM »
What we need is regular opposition from teams in and around our ranking and occasionally higher if possible. Easier said than done, but if we continue to produce the results and performances we have so far, the offers from potential opponents should increase in number and quality.

The downside is if the Government and TTFA fail to be consistent in their support it will undermine all the good that has been achieved so far. For starters; pay the salaries of Coaching and playing staff on time, ensure travel arrangements are organised and paid for in a timley manner and work from there. The less stress on the team, the greater the chances for consistent improvement.

(oh) Players will want to play then and as long as its during FIFA dates there should be none of this unavailability nonesense.

Just my take on things.
:beermug: :beermug:
Yes, its time to pay the staff for their work so far!!
Anil and his Minsitry of Spalk playing d a$$!   :yellowcard:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 02:39:38 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 02:27:54 PM »

That said we did good
The team playing good

Next steps

So Guyana and Grenada is big teams too? SH deserve more respect bro, even a B Honduras team is still better than both.

Allyuh good we.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 04:05:52 PM »
Need lots of work on dead balls,we gave up two goals off freekicks around our penalty area,during this tournament

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 04:35:57 PM »
Stop calling him Harty. ::)
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 04:44:30 PM »
We need to work on our overall ball possesion. I saw the Saudi move that ball around with ease and flair. I honestly, I would like to see our guys play like that in the near and distant future. We have to, have to, have to, have to make that second nature.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2013, 06:18:00 PM »
Another thing I notice, all of the UAE players took their penalties with confidence and power. Something we have to also work on. Our player have to be sure, no two minds about it.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2013, 07:01:17 PM »
hart and the team can only go so far as the federation allows them. they need to pay the staff and players, hire new administrative blood, continue pounding the pavement for corporate sponsors, start preparing youngsters NOW, set up as many quality opponents as possible.

if leston paul, sean desilva and one or two others can force their way in we will essentially have a team whose core members have twice qualified for a world cup. that is a big advantage for a coaching staff.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2013, 07:04:48 PM »
We need to work on our overall ball possesion. I saw the Saudi move that ball around with ease and flair. I honestly, I would like to see our guys play like that in the near and distant future. We have to, have to, have to, have to make that second nature.

Totally agreed with you on that, Deeks.  A T&T team playing that kinda' possession game would definitely be a threat to anyone.
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2013, 08:58:44 PM »
Stop calling him Harty. ::)
same thing I saying, sounds kinda fruity!!

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2013, 09:43:51 PM »
Hart is a coach with vision..his leadership style is second to none ..he is winning everybody over to his side..while implementing his philosophy of football.
Hats off to de coachman.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2013, 10:24:28 PM »
Hart is a coach with vision..his leadership style is second to none ..he is winning everybody over to his side..while implementing his philosophy of football.
Hats off to de coachman.
Like yuh finally get possessed with some common sense

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2013, 12:53:45 PM »
Thanks....MEP
He can finally see now that the rain is gone.... :devil:book
Let Jah be praised

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2013, 03:55:22 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Y7uR_VpmEbY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Y7uR_VpmEbY</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2013, 04:33:12 PM »
NZ next
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2013, 06:07:31 PM »
Hopefully we can play both Haiti and New Zealand and get some revenge on Haiti for the Gold Cup lost!!  :devil:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2013, 09:12:38 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Y7uR_VpmEbY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Y7uR_VpmEbY</a>

this is what i was trying to tell certain non believers about Hart previously, that he will make an impact and the fed and govt need to stick with him and support as the players do... this will take us through to 2018, i have no doubt that if Hart is still the coach, god willing, we will make 2018...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2013, 09:16:04 PM »
We just have to keep using the international calendar and getting the lads good exposure and experience..so when 2015 WCQ's come around we supposed to walk out that group(Caribbean Preliminary Round) and get ready for war in the group of 4 in 2016

We have 2 years and change of time to boost the on field and off field product... from seniors all the way to under 15's

it's great that you bring up 2 years because in reality we have a 2 year window to really turn our football around and get us into 2018.. it seems so far away but it is very close in the footballing world...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2013, 09:18:26 PM »
Hats off to de coachman.

ah not knocking yuh but i dont get that sincerity in your post, it almost comes across as disingenuous... but who i am to judge, the proof is in the pudding, tim kee himself is surprised at how the players in such a short space of time has taken to hart..

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2013, 09:20:46 PM »

This is an important point here. We playing a more attractive brand than the last few years. Word will get around and invitations should follow!

:beermug: definitely a more attractive brand than what we have been seeing, Hart always liked entertaining football, as the fans, i believe with more time we will see more entertaining football when the team grows in confidence

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2013, 09:24:07 PM »
Another thing I notice, all of the UAE players took their penalties with confidence and power. Something we have to also work on. Our player have to be sure, no two minds about it.

good point but i believe it will come with more wins under their belt and they have greater confidence as a team

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2013, 09:26:44 PM »
hart and the team can only go so far as the federation allows them. they need to pay the staff and players, hire new administrative blood, continue pounding the pavement for corporate sponsors, start preparing youngsters NOW, set up as many quality opponents as possible.

if leston paul, sean desilva and one or two others can force their way in we will essentially have a team whose core members have twice qualified for a world cup. that is a big advantage for a coaching staff.

:beermug:

the meat of it... can the fed and govt think ahead and support the program without destabilizing it which would stunt our progress

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2013, 09:34:12 PM »
I dont think we are going to go back to the stage where it seems like TTFA has to "beg" for funding from the Ministry. As long as we keep progressing at the rate which we are currently then that shouldnt be a problem. I wanna see a next match vs England though sometime early next year. We should be close to top 50-65 in the world by April next year (wishful thinking  ;D)

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2013, 09:53:09 PM »
Hear nah ..man say I disingenuous..I am serious..this coach is for real..I can see his attitude towards the players..his method of teaching/coaching..his ability to implement valuable pieces to the larger whole...he's on track..Now he has to add science and statistics..so when players ask "coach how come yuh didn't start me in dis game?" he could show the player the numbers because numbers don't lie.

Offline jimmel14

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2013, 06:28:33 AM »
I believe that well be playing NZ next, thin it was mentioned on the news last night. Apparently it may be home games :D

1]; } ?>