March 28, 2024, 03:47:51 AM

Author Topic: US Open Tennis  (Read 4235 times)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
US Open Tennis
« on: September 09, 2013, 06:24:36 PM »
Watching the Men's Final - This is like a video game.
One ridiculous shot after another.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: US Open Tennis
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 06:35:56 PM »
Without a doubt, Rafa is the greatest tennis player on the planet.

I still like Federer, he is smooth like silk.

Rafa combines grit with superhuman shot making.
You might be able to outplay him, but you can never out-hustle him.

A great champion.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 09:49:36 PM »
Roger Federer fighting for his tennis life against a young American upstart.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 09:53:47 PM »
Federer won. Tiafore took him to the wire.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 02:01:49 PM »
Federer won. Tiafore took him to the wire.
Federer was able to outsmart him and show his class given his experience....but Tiafore came out strong and I think he even caught Roger off-guard, definitely one to watch for the future.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 03:34:19 PM »
Drama!!!!!!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 04:03:13 PM »
Awkward post-match ceremony. A lot will be written about this moment in sports. Has anyone ever looked so sad at winning 3.8 million USD?

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2018, 10:12:44 PM »
Awkward post-match ceremony. A lot will be written about this moment in sports. Has anyone ever looked so sad at winning 3.8 million USD?
I'm glad Serena drew attention to the WTA and US Open. There is a double standard in the game. I remember McEnroe used to be giving it good to those officials on a regular. I watched this US Open and even Rafa went after an official, no penalties, nothing. The worst though, a lot of the male players change shirts right there on the court, no problem. That one female had her shirt on back to front, when she noticed she turned towards the wall and quickly took it off to wear it correctly and she got penalized. She even had her sports bra on! Trust me I paid full attention.
Are we in 1958??? Don't they know viewership may increase if they allow females to change shirts on the court ;)
Glad for Osaka though, she was the darling of the tournament. I rooted for her, especially when I found out her dad was Haitian.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2018, 11:05:29 PM »
I'm glad Serena drew attention to the WTA and US Open. There is a double standard in the game. I remember McEnroe used to be giving it good to those officials on a regular. I watched this US Open and even Rafa went after an official, no penalties, nothing. The worst though, a lot of the male players change shirts right there on the court, no problem. That one female had her shirt on back to front, when she noticed she turned towards the wall and quickly took it off to wear it correctly and she got penalized. She even had her sports bra on! Trust me I paid full attention.
Are we in 1958??? Don't they know viewership may increase if they allow females to change shirts on the court ;)
Glad for Osaka though, she was the darling of the tournament. I rooted for her, especially when I found out her dad was Haitian.

Let me take you back to 1999 and a seminal moment I thought would have produced fierce public condemnation, but did not: Brandi Chastain ripping off her jersey upon scoring the winning penalty in the WWC Final versus China.

Cast facing a wall against that.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 11:17:16 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2018, 09:16:28 PM »
Yup I remember that. I think the sported needed someone like Serena to draw attention to gender equality so hopefully the amend some of those rules. What's funny is a few former men's players like Andy Roddick have tweeted they've said far worse to chair umpires without being penalized. They still fined her $17k though lol.

1]; } ?>