April 28, 2024, 07:06:19 AM

Author Topic: Dundee have reservations about Kelvin Jack  (Read 2613 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dundee have reservations about Kelvin Jack
« on: November 04, 2005, 11:25:25 AM »
Dundee have reservations about Kelvin Jack
By Tom Duthie (Dundee Evening Telegraph)

Dundee are happy for Kelvin Jack to jet off to the Caribbean this weekend, but, unless the big keeper is fit, they don’t want that to be the first leg of an 11-day world tour.

A knee injury means Jack is still not in full training, but Trinidad and Tobago want him to fly to Port of Spain on Sunday in the hope he will recover in time to be involved in the World Cup play-off against Bahrain tomorrow week.

The second leg of that tie is in the Middle East four days later, after which the players will face another long journey back to their clubs for domestic games the following weekend.

If Jack does not make the first game, however, the Dark Blues want him back in Scotland as soon as possible.

“With a week to the game, it is understandable they want Kelvin with them, but, if he does not make the first one, I don’t see him being ready for the second,” said boss Alan Kernaghan today.

“Like I said yesterday, I hope he makes it, but, if he doesn’t, it would be better for us to have him back here as soon as possible and not be making the trip to Bahrain.”

There is no game tomorrow because of Hamilton’s involvement in the Bell’s Cup on Sunday, but the players will train in the morning before Alan heads off to spy on St Johnstone, who are next to visit Dens.

Former Manchester United kid Danny Byrne has been training with the squad this week, but interest in him will not be pursued.
Kelvin Jack poised to travel
By Tom Duthie (Dundee Evening Telegraph)

Nov 3, 2005

Dundee are happy for Kelvin Jack to jet off to the Caribbean this weekend, but, unless the big keeper is fit, they don’t want that to be the first leg of an 11-day world tour.

A knee injury means Jack is still not in full training, but Trinidad and Tobago want him to fly to Port of Spain on Sunday in the hope he will recover in time to be involved in the World Cup play-off against Bahrain next week.

The second leg of that tie is in the Middle East four days later, after which the players will face another long journey back to their clubs for domestic games the following weekend.

If Jack does not make the first game, however, the Dark Blues want him back in Scotland as soon as possible.

“With a week to the game, it is understandable they want Kelvin with them, but, if he does not make the first one, I don’t see him being ready for the second,” said boss Alan Kernaghan today.

“Like I said yesterday, I hope he makes it, but, if he doesn’t, it would be better for us to have him back here as soon as possible and not be making the trip to Bahrain.”

There is no game tomorrow because of Hamilton’s involvement in the Bell’s Cup on Sunday, but the players will train in the morning before Alan heads off to spy on St Johnstone, who are next to visit Dens.

Former Manchester United kid Danny Byrne has been training with the squad this week, but interest in him will not be pursued.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2005, 02:53:50 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

MickeyRat

Re: Dundee have reservations about Kelvin Jack
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 02:40:52 PM »
Is Kelvin Jack and Ansil Elcock related, dem fellas resemble boy

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 03:25:29 PM »
Welcome back Special Agent Tallman

:beermug: :beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Dre Day

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 03:26:44 PM »
i find they should let jack stay and celebrate wid the team man... even if he cyah play... dem feel is everyday a dundee player does make a worldcup ah what...

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 05:34:29 PM »

They lie. They don't want him to come. Let the man enjoy he self. He might play better for them. Not that I questioning the man work ethic.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2005, 06:13:30 PM »
I feel sorry for Kelvin Jack. He should at least make the flight to celebrate with the boys. Dundee suppose to now that this is i a one time career opportuntity

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2005, 06:17:24 PM »
I feel sorry for Kelvin Jack. He should at least make the flight to celebrate with the boys. Dundee suppose to now that this is i a one time career opportuntity

they kno the realll question is do they caree
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2005, 06:31:05 PM »
They know they don't care.  All they want to do is raid Third World countries of they talent and resouces, but they don't want to really promote the development of soccer in these regions.

Offline Dre Day

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2005, 07:56:29 PM »
if he not fit for we first game and not fit for we second game wha tgo make him fit for they game the weekend after.... he might as well be there wid the boys doing he therapy and giving off the vibes... when he hit back dundee he go be ready to show beenie man he is first draw when WC time come rong....

Offline ladywarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2005, 08:21:20 PM »

THEY HAVE TO LEARN TO RESPECT OUR BOYS! When we playing for them is all good but they don't take our national duty seriously if it was another european team no problem. 
The only thing to fear is fear itself.

1]; } ?>