April 29, 2024, 08:52:26 AM

Author Topic: Beenhakker talks about Bahrain games and other stuff  (Read 3762 times)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Beenhakker talks about Bahrain games and other stuff
« on: November 04, 2005, 10:00:13 PM »
Beenhakker talks about Bahrain games and other stuff.
By: Shaun Fuentes.

National Senior Team head coach Leo Beenhakker says that the Team that will take Trinidad and Tobago to the next World Cup Finals in Germany is by far and foremost of most importance over the next week leading up to the half slot playoffs Bahrain.
A sprite looking Beenhakker addressed the local media upon his arrival from Holland along with assistants Wim Rijsbergen and Theo de Jong  at the VIP Lounge, Piarco International Airport on Friday evening.
Beehakker spoke on matters regarding the team’s preparations and what he and his assistants partook in while away following the 2-1 win over Mexico and also commented on issues he termed as “garbage” which grabbed the attention of many over the last couple weeks.
“We left about three weeks ago after the game against Mexico. We understand that everybody was very excited about the situation of the team now making the playoffs. After starting at the beginning of May more or less from ground zero but we are still in there,” Beenhakker said in his opening comments.
He expressed some degree of disappointment on not being able to secure the services of Aston Villa defender Jlloyd Samuel due to FIFA regulations. He also had a look at German-based player Evans Wise.
“This week we got the news that we couldn’t use this guy due to FIFA regulations which was a little bit disappointing to us especially over Jlloyd Samuel who made a very good impression on us based on the way he played and his talent. We have to accept it. We also made a trip to Germany to see Evans Wise and we came to the conclusion that he is still not ready to help us, to help the team.”
“At the same time for the last three weeks we were very aware of what happened in Bahrain. We got a lot of information and DVDS which I can use to know everybody and their players individually. We did our homework and we have all the stuff to inform the players within the next week. So in that way everything is prepared. We just have to wait for everybody to arrive in good health and good shape to start this concentration next week Monday and Tuesday,” Beenhakker said.
“What I also got in Europe based on Internet was that there was a lot of other stuff, more or less garbage around what happened after the Mexico game. I don’t want to talk too much about it. One of the more important things, at least in my philosophy, is to defend and to protect very well the team itself. The only way to be successful in actual international football is to act like a real team, not only in the players, but also the technical and medical staff. That way we had some small troubles in the last camp when we played Panama and Mexico. Based on that little troubles we had, I had to make a decision that David Nakhid was no longer a member of the staff in that way. I’m not interested in going into any details at all but it was in my opinion, it’s not a personal thing but more than ever the most important part is that the players and the staff members work like a real team and have a very good spirit and I cannot accept for the moment any problems within this team. There are always tough decisions but once again in football first of all you have to think about a team and then you have to think about the interest of the individual guys, players, staff members and so on.”
The Dutch-born coach also warned about complacency stepping into T&T’s game, adding that the matches will be far from a walk over.
“I’m not worried about it but I have to pay a little bit of attention to the confidence and especially the optimistic atmosphere that we are so close to participate in Germany. After our performances against Panama and Mexico, perhaps everybody was thinking that the two matches will be a piece of cake. Well I can assure you that it will be a very tough job. But that doesn’t mean that we don’t have all the confidence that we can make it,” he said.
“Everybody has the right to be very optimistic and very excited for the actual situation of the team but once again based on what we saw the last three weeks, all the information and DVDS we saw, It’s not an impossible job I can tell you that but at the same time it will be very tough games for us to bring this team to Germany. And the only thing that we can promise you and all the fans and everybody involved in this project is that we will work with it based on our experience, based on professionalism.
Reflecting on the recent performances which has carried T&T to this close to a World Cup, the former Ajax boss continued: “That was not the end but it was the beginning of something. It has to be the beginning of something nice and something beautiful and not the end of something nice.
News also reached the T&T camp that Southampton striker Kenwyne Jones will not travel again on Sunday due to a hamstring injury which has not fully healed and Beenhakker will name his replacement this weekend. The players begin arriving on Sunday with Dennis Lawrence and Chris Birchall coming in then while the others arrive on Monday and skipper Dwight Yorke being the final arriver on Tuesday.
Bahrain name team for T&T clash.
By: Rami Hulayyel.

The Bahrain Football Association yesterday finalised the Bahrain national squad for the crucial playoffs against Trinidad and Tobago for a berth in the 2006 World Cup qualifier scheduled to be held on November 12 and 16.
A team of 25 players were selected from a pool of 36 players, including 11 professionals playing in Qatar and Kuwait, who were short-listed for a training camp by team coach Luka Peruzovic of Belgium.
The first-leg is set for November 12 at Port-of-Spain while the second-leg will be played at the National Stadium four days later.
Bahrain, meanwhile, continued preparations at the National Stadium under Peruzovic but are still without their nine professionals in Qatar - Ala'a Hubail, Hussain Ali (Al Gharrafa), Mohammed Salmeen, Salman Isa (Al Arabi), Mohammed Juma'a, Sayed Mohammed Adnan (Al Khor), Mohammed Hubail (Qatar Club), Mahmood Jalal (Al Silia) and Nasser (Al Wakra).
Team manager and former international defender Abdulrazzaq Mohammed said the professionals are expected today and the team is set to depart a day later.
The team will reach Trinidad via London after a 16-hour flight.
Both Bahrain and Trinidad are battling for their first-ever ticket to the World Cup.

Bahrain Squad:

Goalkeepers:
Ali Hassan, Sayed Mohammed Jaffer, Abdulrahman Abdulkarim.

Defenders:
Abdulla Al Marzooqi, Ebrahim Al Mishkhas, Ahmed Al Hujairi, Ghazi Al Kuwari, Mohammed Juma'a, Sayed Mohammed Adnan.

Midfielders:
Hamad Rakea, Hussain Salman, Saleh Farhan, Hussain Baba, Rashid Al Dossary, Fawzi Ayesh, Talal Yousef, Mohammed Salmeen, Salman Isa, Mohammed Hubail, Mahmood Jalal.

Strikers:
Ahmed Hassan, Abdulla Al Dikheel, Ismail Abdullatif, Ala'a Hubail, Hussain Ali.

The 11 players excluded were:

Goalkeeper:
Abdulla Meshaima (Al Ahli).

Defenders:
Hassan Makki, Mahmood Mansoor (Al Shabab), Mohammed Hussain (Al Ahli), Mohammed Jassim (Muharraq), Mohammed Saad (Riffa).

Midfielders:
Abdulrahman Mubarak (Riffa), Mahmood Abbas (Al Ahli), Rashid Al Sherooghi (Al Hala).

Strikers:
Daij Nasser (Al Wakra, Qatar) and Rashid Jamal (Al Najma).
Preparing for T&T.

Bahrain v Panama - 5-0 (1-0)

Scorers:

1- Abdullah Al-Dikheel (43 min)
2- Ahmed Al-Hujairi (72 min)
3- Mahmoud Abbas (74 min)
4- Abdullah Al-Marzouqi (89 min)
5- AbdulRahman Mubarak (90 min)

Report.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2005, 06:45:56 AM by Flex »
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
Re: Beenhakker talks about Bahrain games and other stuff
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 10:31:10 PM »
DAMN!!! big loss wit Kenwyn.

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 10:39:10 PM »
DAMN!!! big loss wit Kenwyn.

I wonder who will be his replacement

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 10:45:20 PM »
I think Colin Samuel will take his place, but I will be pleasantly surprised if it's Glen.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2005, 10:47:23 PM by Fire Brand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 10:48:34 PM »
These were the stand by players:

ANTON PIERRE
ATIBA CHARLES
COLIN SAMUEL
CORNEL GLEN
BRENT RAHIM

I feel Colin Samuel will get de call because he score against Celtic de odder day.  Glen not playing any ball these days for he club.
Either way the replacement most likely won't even get a sweat because we playing 4-5-1 and we done have Scotland and Sealy waiting in de wings plus Theobald may come on for Whitely 2nd half

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2005, 01:58:39 AM »
hard luck wise. yuh might hatto wait till the campaign over to impress him

but doh frighten we go still take yuh to germany as ah back up
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2005, 03:40:47 AM »
I dont like de idea Bennhakker and his staff being away for so long, you could never tell if Bahrian get to them ($$$$)....  :devil:

On a positive note, things looking and sounding good, Jones is a lose but Collin Samuel will be a perfect replacment... MLS over for Glen's club, he should be in T&T training with de team even if he not playing, so I wouldn't call he. Collin is good enough.

PS: Bally de man say Evans Wise eh ready.....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2005, 06:04:26 AM »
It very well might be samuel (cause it just must have a samuel in de side....lol)

it was nice to see that he went to germany to see evans wise.

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2005, 07:13:15 AM »
We also made a trip to Germany to see Evans Wise and we came to the conclusion that he is still not ready to help us, to help the team.”

Hopefully this will put an end to all the "Bring back Wise" talk and threads on this forum once and for all.  Now we can focus our attention 100% on the task at hand...i.e. Bring back Rougier, Dwarika, Jemmott and Seabra!

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2005, 12:52:38 PM »
Beenie not vacationing; de man working.  Wise not ready yet.  Ah feel he does browse this site and get ideas.  Men here more in touch than the bloody TTFF; dem fellas sleeping.  Samuel has to be the man to get the call.  He is in good form at the moment, scored against a decent Celtic team last week, and has gotten some encouraging compliments from his manager of him developing into a good player.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2005, 01:11:11 PM »
glen get the call i still think collin samuell should get call back too cause he could play on the left side o well bennie is the bosss he know what he doing

Offline Trini Simply Better

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2005, 04:37:02 AM »
The Dutch-born coach also warned about complacency stepping into T&T’s game, adding that the matches will be far from a walk over.
“I’m not worried about it but I have to pay a little bit of attention to the confidence and especially the optimistic atmosphere that we are so close to participate in Germany. After our performances against Panama and Mexico, perhaps everybody was thinking that the two matches will be a piece of cake. Well I can assure you that it will be a very tough job.

it will be very tough games for us to bring this team to Germany. And the only thing that we can promise you and all the fans and everybody involved in this project is that we will work with it based on our experience, based on professionalism.

Report.

Told you guys.  At last someone who studied the opposition a last should tell the ignorant few that beating Bahrain will not be a walk in the park, and if your team is carefull enough they might just concede a big loss.

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2005, 01:41:15 PM »
To tell you the true we were happy at the beginning to see T&T come forward to play us in the playoffs and not Guatemala.  We thought it would be a win win situation for us anyway playing against the 4th of the weak CONCACAF region teams.

Now I feel that both sides have an equal chance to go through.  T&T is niether a South American footabll nation nor a European Football nation and we feel that chances are better than great to go thru.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2005, 01:49:10 PM »
your chances are better than great where??????? hoss u hadda be on someting yes...u talk about us being ignorant? seems u worse....u go soon find out dat T&T eh no joke side and deserve to be there...watch de scene on the 12th and 16th altho i sure by de 16th yuh go be repenting
Back in Trini...

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2005, 01:55:12 PM »
To tell you the true we were happy at the beginning to see T&T come forward to play us in the playoffs and not Guatemala. We thought it would be a win win situation for us anyway playing against the 4th of the weak CONCACAF region teams.

Now I feel that both sides have an equal chance to go through. T&T is niether a South American footabll nation nor a European Football nation and we feel that chances are better than great to go thru.

:yapping: :yapping:

It is called professionalism. The man know underdogs does have they day.  All yuh had all yuhs when Uzbekistan protest a game they win. Now is ours. We kinda greedy too. We will be having two days on the 12th and the16th.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2005, 01:59:09 PM »
I didn't say T&T was an easy side.  I said that its not Brazil or Argentina, or Italy of France.  

To use T&T is a beatable team.  Whether is will be an easy job or not, we will know that on the 12th and 16th.  Both teams play totally different styles of football, and that will play to the advantage of one of the two teams. I really think that it will go towards us though because we are very solid in defense and build our attack from the back with very high speed.

T&T depends on long balls into the penalty area.  That technique usually fails against our tall defenders.  They also tend to play rough, but due to the yellow cards on hand they will be very careful about that.

Just an opinion.  Keep that in mind while watching the game.

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2005, 02:04:50 PM »

T&T depends on long balls into the penalty area.  

ARe you for real? Where on earth did you get your information from??? Have you ever seen a TNT match?
Your posts are getting more polite and i respect that, but the more you post stuff like that the more you lose all your credibility  and look like a fool.
Stick to talking about your team not ours cause you have no clue.
Watch a match instead of reading old reports and thinking you are are an authority on our team
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 02:25:20 PM by ricky »

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2005, 02:15:23 PM »
T&T depends on long balls into the penalty area.  That technique usually fails against our tall defenders.  They also tend to play rough, but due to the yellow cards on hand they will be very careful about that.

Just an opinion.  Keep that in mind while watching the game.

I thought you was the Bahrain technical director but now I realize you just like to talk tata. I watch the Bahrain vs Japan game before I talk bout all yuh side. (That was painful)  We would at least hope you did the same. When you just come talking plain mess based on I doh know what then is problems. I think Tallman and Flex need to log your IP and ban you from posting. Instead ah being in every thread go and watch the goal section in the General discussion. Look for the Tnt vs Mexico game. Watch the whole game. See how Stern almost lobb the keeper. See how Carlos ripping men. Then come back (and in your embarassment ) read and doh post nothing.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2005, 02:41:55 PM »
tall defenders? boss u eh see de size of we players or wah? jones and john eh no short fellas yuh know...want to talk about tall look at we defenders...and dem men know how to play rough and pelt blade....Have nuff blade gonna pass in dat game...well if allyuh reach on dat side of de field  ;D :beermug:
Back in Trini...

TrinInfinite

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2005, 03:18:40 PM »
i agree dc, dese men juss passin talk and not even makin sense, it go b worse when de game done and dey realize how good we can play, dey will get desperate, real desperate

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2005, 01:20:03 PM »
I didn't say T&T was an easy side.  I said that its not Brazil or Argentina, or Italy of France.  

To use T&T is a beatable team.  Whether is will be an easy job or not, we will know that on the 12th and 16th.  Both teams play totally different styles of football, and that will play to the advantage of one of the two teams. I really think that it will go towards us though because we are very solid in defense and build our attack from the back with very high speed.

T&T depends on long balls into the penalty area.  That technique usually fails against our tall defenders.  They also tend to play rough, but due to the yellow cards on hand they will be very careful about that.

Just an opinion.  Keep that in mind while watching the game.

Like this man posting from the toilet and the smell is affecting his logic or wha?! Is about time that "Bah Simply Bullshit" finish-it but is like the man can't help his toilet habit of talking out of his ass!  ::)

If Bah's team is a close reflection of his utterrings we can expect to put at least 3 pass them this Saturday and still achieve our goal of not conceding any goals then its on to Bahrain!  :devil:

Looking forward to our home game this Saturday, the final count down has begun!!   8)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

1]; } ?>