April 16, 2024, 02:41:40 AM

Author Topic: Akeem Adams Thread.  (Read 79993 times)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: Akeem Adams suffers a heart attack
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2013, 02:41:09 PM »
akeem is ah soca warrior........man go recover and come back better than ever.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2013, 02:56:04 PM »
Get Well, Son! God Bless!!!!!!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2013, 03:00:17 PM »
Sorry to hear this! :( Hope he can make a full recovery!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2013, 03:32:09 PM »
Best of luck to de yute.

This blood clot ting is real pressah.
My sister had two last year, no one knew and she just collapsed and died.
My good friend in Canada, went to sleep and almost never woke up.

Fortunately he survived.
Blood clots don't always have to do with age but diet can be very helpful.

Get well Akeem.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2013, 04:20:15 PM »
LATEST UPDATE (via e-mail from Sports Editors at Nemzeti Sport Online)

Pál Orosz, Ferencváros' Managing Director confirmed in a late evening TV phone-in that Akeem Adams has had a 3rd surgery, the doctors still battle for his life.

"It is a huge match for him... I don't have good news as of yet, Akeem is still in a very serious condition, the surgeons are fighting for him. The state he's in is not promising anything good, but we hope... We'd like to have him back, maybe not as a professional footballer, but as someone living a whole and full life" - he said.

"All FIFA-required cardiac tests were carried out on him, all tests were negative. He's played through the pre-season, played through the matches, there was no sign of problems. Nothing. He felt ill last night and called one of our colleagues, Edit Tóth, who called an ambulance. Our players living near Akeem went to his flat after the alarm and stayed with him until the ambulance arrived" - told Pál Orosz.

Ferencváros still welcomes blood donations from fans and supporters for Akeem Adams. All major Hungarian clubs spread the message, trying to get help with the donations.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 04:25:54 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2013, 04:44:48 PM »
Brace, warrior, brace! Pull through!!!

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2013, 05:11:05 PM »
LATEST UPDATE (via e-mail from Sports Editors at Nemzeti Sport Online)

Pál Orosz, Ferencváros' Managing Director confirmed in a late evening TV phone-in that Akeem Adams has had a 3rd surgery, the doctors still battle for his life.

"It is a huge match for him... I don't have good news as of yet, Akeem is still in a very serious condition, the surgeons are fighting for him. The state he's in is not promising anything good, but we hope... We'd like to have him back, maybe not as a professional footballer, but as someone living a whole and full life" - he said.

"All FIFA-required cardiac tests were carried out on him, all tests were negative. He's played through the pre-season, played through the matches, there was no sign of problems. Nothing. He felt ill last night and called one of our colleagues, Edit Tóth, who called an ambulance. Our players living near Akeem went to his flat after the alarm and stayed with him until the ambulance arrived" - told Pál Orosz.

Ferencváros still welcomes blood donations from fans and supporters for Akeem Adams. All major Hungarian clubs spread the message, trying to get help with the donations.

Reading this, it really appears there is great respect for Akeem, not just from the club and his team mates, but from other clubs too. It kinda warms your heart to see one of our boys treated like one of their own. I just pray that he pulls through.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2013, 05:24:44 PM »
... fully agree, FS.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2013, 05:35:25 PM »
I read this post at 8 a.m. UK time. I immediately emailed the Central F.C. management (as Akeem was our former player) and Sheldon Phillips. Sheldon immediately voiced his concern and wanted to contact Akeems family to offer support (obviously, that would not be financial, given their financial situation). We obtained a contact number from our files and passed it on.
Also, I posted the post on the Central F.C. facebook page and there has been countless messages of support all day. Akeem will eventually get to see these and I'm sure he will be warmed by the love that's emanating from T&T to Hungary at this time.
I have updated facebook with the news posted here (and credited sw.net)
I also posted the stories from wired868

Nobody can doubt the power of sw.net to communicate T&T football news.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Get well cards for Akeem
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2013, 06:11:30 PM »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2013, 08:12:37 PM »
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 08:24:20 PM by Peong »

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2013, 09:02:01 PM »
Wow a little shocking to here this, hoping for a full recovery.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
SWO is seeking $upport for Akeem.
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2013, 09:14:30 PM »
SWO is seeking $upport for Akeem.
By Inshan Mohammed.

The Soca Warriors Online (SWO) is once again asking all of its members and followers to come onboard and make a contribution to help one of T&T's fallen comrade.

On September 25th, 2013, Trinidad and Tobago international Akeem Adams suffered a massive heart-attack and remains in critical condition at the Városmajori Heart Clinic in Budapest, Hungary. Pál Orosz, Ferencváros TC Managing Director confirmed that Adams blood circulation is started by an artificial heart, but he remains in serious condition. It's possible that he will need a heart transplant.

Only twenty-two years of age, Adams moved to Hungary this past August where he signed a one-year deal with Ferencvarosi TC, the former Club of fellow national teammate, Jan-Michael Williams and former W Connection players Aaron Downing and Matthew Bartholomew.

Williams himself has also benefitted from the support of the SWO/WN members, when back in May 2012 we successfully contributed $5,000 dollars to help with the recovery of his fiancée, Candice Worrell who was literally left fighting for her life at the St Clair Medical Centre after being beaten and robbed.

SWO in collaboration with the Warrior Nation (WN) has also successfully rallied in support of children throughout Trinidad and Tobago with its annual Christmas Holiday food drive, donating food and other items to various orphan homes.

Today, we plead with the general public and the Sports Minister to help make T&T a better place and hope the powers that be can form some sort of Trust Account where athletes who are in need can find some assistance.

For too long athletes in this country have been left to fend on their own when disaster strikes, while millions are being spent on wasteful projects and otherwise squandered around the country. Athletes have very short careers and rely on athletics to make a living.  Most give their all to represent the country and must be better rewarded in return. Instead of giving one person millions for winning a Gold Medal, we should look at ways to improve the way we do things and to make sports more suitable, enjoyable and affordable.

Adams meanwhile, has only just returned to the professional circuit after being absent for a while, did enjoy a stint with T&T Pro team Central FC last season. It has been a trying time for the player and his family, having lost his father, Renwick Adams, (at age 51) almost exactly three years ago.

In addition to having played 9 times for his country's senior team, Adams has played for many teams including; T&T Under-20 and Under-17 teams respectively, Central FC, W Connection, United Petrotrin and now Ferencvarosi TC.

Ferencvarosi TC have been doing a lot of work to help the player and in addition to blood donations among other thing, they have paid the way for his brother Akini Adams, goalkeeper of Point Fortin Civic FC and his mother Ancilla Adams to fly over to be with Akeem.  Let us all step up and do what we can to support as well.

Donations can be made Here.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 04:30:18 PM by Flex »

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Akeem Adams suffers a heart attack
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2013, 11:05:31 PM »
I hope he has a speedy recovery....

Offline Richard G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Ah en new...jus doh post as often as oda people
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Akeem Adams suffers a heart attack
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2013, 11:32:36 PM »
God's blessings young man.

Enjoy the day.
Richard G.
T&T first. Any other country comes a very distant 2nd.

www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg2
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg3

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2013, 04:34:28 AM »
UPDATE

Pál Orosz, Ferencváros' Managing Director confirmed that Adams' blood circulation is started by an artificial heart, but he remains in serious condition. It's possible that he will need a heart transplant.

On another note, over 100 people have responded to the call for blood donations for Akeem in the past 24 hours.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 04:49:43 AM by Tallman »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2013, 04:40:31 AM »
Lawd, ah still trying to comprehend a 22 year old having a heart attack.....Akeem boy, ah praying fer ya.... :praying: :praying: :praying:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2013, 04:55:52 AM »
UPDATE

Pál Orosz, Ferencváros' Managing Director confirmed that Adams' blood circulation is started by an artificial heart, but he remains in serious condition. It's possible that he will need a heart transplant.

On another note, over 100 people have responded to the call for blood donations for Akeem in the past 24 hours.

Jeezan ages ....... :o
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2013, 05:40:19 AM »
So he heart just give out completely?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2013, 05:43:35 AM »
We are w/you Akeem, praying for you to pull through
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: SWO is seeking $upport for Akeem.
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2013, 06:10:54 AM »
Once again the Soca Warriors Online continues to lead by example.

I am surprise this thread is dead.

Hopefully, the TTFA and the MoS will come off their high horse as well.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2013, 06:25:40 AM »

I know that Sheldon Phillips has been closely monitoring Akeems situation and is working on a few things as we speak.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2013, 07:25:26 AM »
My prayers are with him and his family.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2013, 07:25:31 AM »

It eh 1000 am yet 56 views what u want 2 c? THERE IS THIS LITTLE THING CALL WORK.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2013, 08:10:06 AM »
Stay strong young Warrior,please do not give up
Jah bless

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2013, 08:21:55 AM »
Hello everyone. I got a call from the player's agent. The family is very grateful for the initiative of this drive. However, they would appreciate if any efforts on Akeem's behalf was done with their involvement too.
Please contact me at lasana@wired868.com and I will pass on the local agent's contact information. Then you two can combine to deal with this.
As I said, it is a wonderful initiative and maybe joining forces with the family can even strengthen the impact of this. Thanks

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2013, 08:29:41 AM »
sad to hear this at such a young age, my prayers are with him... wish him a fast recovery... :beermug:

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2013, 08:45:44 AM »
Hello everyone. I got a call from the player's agent. The family is very grateful for the initiative of this drive. However, they would appreciate if any efforts on Akeem's behalf was done with their involvement too.
Please contact me at lasana@wired868.com and I will pass on the local agent's contact information. Then you two can combine to deal with this.
As I said, it is a wonderful initiative and maybe joining forces with the family can even strengthen the impact of this. Thanks

probable Flex can liaise with you and after the money is collected present it to the family.

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2013, 09:38:07 AM »
I'm sure they would greatly appreciate this. But the point of the phone call I received is that the family/agent would prefer to be involved BEFORE any money is collected rather than after.
Really, I would prefer not to be an intermediary since I have not spoken directly to the family. So the soon I can put Flex or the relevant person on the agent/family, the better for me...

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2013, 09:59:05 AM »
wow, so young. akeem rest up!!

1]; } ?>