March 29, 2024, 01:46:11 AM

Author Topic: Akeem Adams Thread.  (Read 79353 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Akeem Adams falls into a coma
« Reply #420 on: December 30, 2013, 12:46:47 PM »
he has passed on confirmed on the ttff website
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Breaking News: Mom refuses to pull the plug on Akeem Adams
« Reply #421 on: December 30, 2013, 01:27:02 PM »
Rastafari

Rest in peace little brother
A Warrior to the end

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 30, 2013, 01:50:00 PM »
sad to hear this. RIP.

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 30, 2013, 01:57:25 PM »
RIP

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #424 on: December 30, 2013, 02:02:23 PM »
RIP Warrior.

How could a year start so well for a yute and end like this.

Hail out Mickey Trotman and be at peace Akeem.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 30, 2013, 02:07:44 PM »
Very tough loss, and I'm very saddened for the family. To go from thinking that your son has reached the pinnacle in signing a professional contract, to having that taken from him... then losing your son/brother cannot be an easy thing to digest.  I pray for them, comfort, peace and understanding... only God knows why he does certain things, but they are ALWAYS for our best.

I am grateful for Ferencvaros and their fans... by their support of this young man and his family they have gained my everlasting support in return.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #426 on: December 30, 2013, 02:13:12 PM »
sorry to hear this, rip and condolences to his family.

I'm having a hard time with how the T&T doctors didn't pick up any abnormalities before he was cleared to go abroad. If he had any underlying issue this should have been found, maybe better medical checks need to be done.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 30, 2013, 02:31:29 PM »
Saddened! Prayers for family and loved ones.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 30, 2013, 02:37:13 PM »
RIP

WTH?
I really lorse track of what goin on with this youth,,,I could have sworn he was in recovery mode

Sorry to hear this news
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tragic News... Akeem Adams Has Passed Away
« Reply #429 on: December 30, 2013, 02:52:45 PM »
So ... what's de scene? Life support or RIP? Lots of threads and conflicting info.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 30, 2013, 03:01:30 PM »

I'm having a hard time with how the T&T doctors didn't pick up any abnormalities before he was cleared to go abroad. If he had any underlying issue this should have been found, maybe better medical checks need to be done.

Despite concerns in some quarters about the medical care given to Adams and doubts as to the player’s fitness when he joined Ferencvaros, there is no evidence that the tragedy could have been avoided or that tell-tale signs were missed by either party.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 30, 2013, 03:49:10 PM »
RIP to a True Warrior!

Condolences to Akeem's family closest friends and to all his football colleagues who knew and played with him personally.

Hope his family will find strength at this time and continue to get the love and support that they require to carry on and to keep Akeem's name and memory alive.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 30, 2013, 03:52:00 PM »
Very tough loss, and I'm very saddened for the family. To go from thinking that your son has reached the pinnacle in signing a professional contract, to having that taken from him... then losing your son/brother cannot be an easy thing to digest.  I pray for them, comfort, peace and understanding... only God knows why he does certain things, but they are ALWAYS for our best.

I am grateful for Ferencvaros and their fans... by their support of this young man and his family they have gained my everlasting support in return.

I agree. Ferencvaros have been fantastic and have contacted me with updates at every turn of this sorrowful voyage. Yeah, Bakes, I will always look out for them from now on.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 30, 2013, 03:56:33 PM »

If EPL club doctors miss these things, how can T&T doctors be expected to spot them? Unless you carry out a very specific test, you would never know. I saw the man train and play this time last year, and he looked great. Sadly, these things will always happen. This year it's a Trini, next year it may be a German or Italian or Australian.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 30, 2013, 04:02:19 PM »
I agree. Ferencvaros have been fantastic and have contacted me with updates at every turn of this sorrowful voyage. Yeah, Bakes, I will always look out for them from now on.

:beermug:

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: December 30, 2013, 05:17:43 PM »
RIP warrior, difficult to digest the turn of events, may the faith of your loved ones be their guide as this point in time.  Their needs as a family should truly be respected at this time...condolences....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 30, 2013, 06:15:56 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/BAIvu4ty6LI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/BAIvu4ty6LI</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/QkanVArdSwY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/QkanVArdSwY</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/3CEmA0Qr3wE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/3CEmA0Qr3wE</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xsdryyNS6xM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xsdryyNS6xM</a>
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 06:50:26 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 30, 2013, 07:31:25 PM »
*sigh* 

RIP......*sigh*

p.s. ah still want to know why a 22 year old get a massive heart attack to begin with..... :-\
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 30, 2013, 08:13:20 PM »
Nobody deserves that.  All the best to his family. I trying to find some good in this whole thing but I eh know.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 30, 2013, 08:34:50 PM »
*sigh* 

RIP......*sigh*

p.s. ah still want to know why a 22 year old get a massive heart attack to begin with..... :-\

Less and less unusual, unfortunately.  Could be just a quirk of genetics.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: December 30, 2013, 10:35:32 PM »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 30, 2013, 11:09:16 PM »
Nobody deserves that.  All the best to his family. I trying to find some good in this whole thing but I eh know.

May seem insignificant, but if you ever visit Budapest and tell people you are from T&T; I bet they will know the name Akeem Adams and welcome you as a brother.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 30, 2013, 11:12:46 PM »
A short and accomplished life lived well.  :salute: :salute: :salute: to the heavens. You fulfilled your pledge of being a brave soldier in the bitter strife. Rest in peace.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 30, 2013, 11:35:00 PM »
Ambassador Akeem: The young Warrior who unified two nations

Wired 868

It is very rare for a single human being to unite two totally diverse nations; even temporarily.

Politicians try to do it by creating complicated trading partnerships that largely exist outside the day-to-day existence of its citizens. Royal families tried in the past by marrying their children to form international alliances, which, as in the case of Britain and Germany, sometimes failed spectacularly.

Yet one 22-year-old man from Trinidad and Tobago has accomplished just that. For I guarantee that if you ever travel to Budapest in Hungary, as soon as you announce your nationality you will be greeted by the words “Akeem Adams.”

Such is the power of sport. But the game of football on its own is not enough. As they say, it’s how you play the game that matters. And Akeem did not just play the game well but with a smile on his face.

read more .....http://wired868.com/2013/12/31/ambassador-akeem-the-young-warrior-who-unified-two-nations/

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Tribute to Akeem Adams: The young Warrior who unified two nations
« Reply #444 on: December 30, 2013, 11:42:28 PM »
Ambassador Akeem: The young Warrior who unified two nations
By Kevin Harrison (Wired868)

It is very rare for a single human being to unite two totally diverse nations; even temporarily.

Politicians try to do it by creating complicated trading partnerships that largely exist outside the day-to-day existence of its citizens. Royal families tried in the past by marrying their children to form international alliances, which, as in the case of Britain and Germany, sometimes failed spectacularly.

Yet one 22-year-old man from Trinidad and Tobago has accomplished just that. For I guarantee that if you ever travel to Budapest in Hungary, as soon as you announce your nationality you will be greeted by the words “Akeem Adams.”

Such is the power of sport. But the game of football on its own is not enough. As they say, it’s how you play the game that matters. And Akeem did not just play the game well but with a smile on his face.

By all accounts, the supporters of his club, Ferencvaros, took to Akeem immediately. He was no “token black man” in a very white society; the Hungarian club already had several black footballers in its squad.

For those of us who knew Akeem, he was a pleasant, laid back young man; a very good athlete with the potential to be a regular senior international player. His personality endeared him to the people of Budapest and that showed in their reaction to his plight.

People queued to give blood, they purchased tee-shirts and they held vigils at Ferencvaros’ games. The Hungarian media sites carried regular updates and prayers for Akeem and I was personally kept posted by the club and its supporters’ association.

It is safe to say that in Hungary, Akeem was much loved.

I cannot imagine the grief that Akeem’s family is currently enduring but, to them, I say: Be proud.

Not just because Akeem was a wonderful human being; or because he was a gifted footballer. But because he was one of the best ambassadors that Trinidad and Tobago ever produced.

I mean no disrespect but, to many people in Europe, Dwight Yorke is from the Caribbean, Brian Lara is from the West Indies and Nikki Minaj is from America. But Akeem Adams? Boy, he’s from Trinidad and Tobago.

And there will always be a tiny part of the great, ancient city of Budapest that will forever be emotionally linked to Trinidad and Tobago because of Akeem Adams.

How many politicians would love such an epitaph?

If you ever travel to Budapest, tell them you’re from Trinidad and Tobago. I guarantee you will receive a warm welcome in honour of Akeem Adams.

Tribute to Akeem Adams

Ivan Dick, uncle of Akeem Adams:

“He went on his own. This was God’s call. He is at peace now. We wish to thank all of those who offered their support to Akeem and his family. He touched us all in so many ways.”

Ferencvárosi Torna Club statement:

“The Fradi crowd, well-known for its criticism, took Akeem quickly in; he became one of their favourite players. He earned both the supporters’ and professionals’ credit for his tough but clear play. He was solid, serene and played in the spirit of fair play.

“Akeem Adams became an appreciated member of Ferencvárosi Torna Club, who in the future will remember him as a role-model for his serenity, humility and steadfast play.

The Fradi-family will never forget You, Akeem Adams! Rest in peace.”

Rudi Thomas, TTFA executive member:

“I join the rest of Trinidad and Tobago in saying farewell to Akeem and may his final rest with his maker be gratifying… He came from a noted Point Fortin football family—the Dicks. His uncles played on teams I served on as manager of Trintoc Football Club and one of them was a Civic Centre goalkeeper.

“I was more closely involved with him in his earlier years; he being a product of the SFA Youth Development Programme, which is our Centre For Excellence. He was always destined for great things, but He knows best. Rest In Peace, Akeem.”

Raymond Tim Kee, TTFA president:

“No words can fully express our grief and dismay on what has happened. We can only pass on all our thoughts and prayers to his family and hope they will get some strength from the outpouring of love and support from everyone over this period going back to the time that he suffered the heart attack some months ago.

“Everyone in our football fraternity is deeply affected by this. Not only was he a promising and dedicated footballer, but he was also a fine young man.”

« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 07:23:54 AM by Flex »

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
Re: Tribute to Akeem Adams: The young Warrior who unified two nations
« Reply #445 on: December 31, 2013, 04:42:35 AM »
Very nice read. RIP Akeem.
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 31, 2013, 07:47:15 AM »
Very moving.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nqbPD7cR3zo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/nqbPD7cR3zo</a>
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 07:48:55 AM by Tallman »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 31, 2013, 08:22:00 AM »
 :'( :'(

what a way to end the year  :'(
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
...McLeod: A talented player
« Reply #448 on: December 31, 2013, 09:50:34 AM »
...McLeod: A talented player
By Anna Ramdass (T&T Express)

Acting Prime Minister Errol McLeod yesterday extended condolences to the family of Akeem Adams and observed one minute of silence over his passing.

McLeod called a news conference at the Office of the Prime Minister, St Clair to give an update on the status of clean-up and aid efforts with respect to the oil spills in South Trinidad.

Before turning to this issue, McLeod began the news conference expressing his condolences to the family.

He hailed Adams as a “talented footballer” who died in Budapest at 12.45 p.m. yesterday.

“Mr Adams failed to recover from a massive heart attack in September...he was just 22 years old. The people of Trinidad and Tobago prayed for his speedy recovery, even raising funds and having an exhibition match against New Zealand,” said McLeod.

“Mr Adams received a mechanical heart in the first of at least  four operations after the initial attack and had hoped to survive long enough for a successful heart transplant in February but a severe stroke on Saturday night caused bleeding to his brain and proved too much for him,” he added.

“On behalf of the Government and people of Trinidad and Tobago, I extend heartfelt condolences  to the family of Mr Akeem Adams and hope that his short presence on the football field was enjoyed by all,” said McLeod as he called for one minute of silence in memory of Adams’ death.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Roberts: T&T lost ‘talented son’ in Akeem
« Reply #449 on: December 31, 2013, 09:59:45 AM »
Roberts: T&T lost ‘talented son’ in Akeem
T&T Express

Minister of Sport Anil Roberts extended condolences to the family of Trinidad and Tobago footballer Akeem Adams after the defender died in Hungary yesterday.

Adams has been in critical condition at a hospital in Hungary, after suffering a heart attack in September.

Yesterday the T&T Football Association (TTFA) via a media release stated: ‘’We would like to extend our deepest condolences and sympathies on behalf of the officials, players and supporters of all our teams to Akeem’s family and friends at this sad time. Akeem’s uncle Ivan Dick and local representative Dion Sosa confirmed that Akeem left us at 12.45 p.m. TT time.”

Roberts noted that it is always difficult when a parent loses a son or daughter, but it was especially difficult in this case since this was a proud young national taken in his prime.

“As a father I cannot begin to imagine the grief and despair his family is feeling in these difficult moments,” said Roberts.

“Akeem was a talented young man who dedicated his life and career to the sport he loved. He stood as an example to many on how to fully utilise all the gifts and talents bestowed on him by the Creator. He even faced his final challenge with an optimistic spirit and kept up the fight, right until the end,” he added.

“The people of Trinidad and Tobago lost one of their talented sons, but I have no doubt that his legacy will certainly live on in our hearts and our minds.

“On behalf of the team at the Ministry of Sport and the Sports Company I offer my deepest condolences to the family and friends of Akeem Adams,” Roberts concluded.

Left-footed defender Adams played six matches for the 26-times Hungarian champions this season and won eight international caps for Trinidad and Tobago.

Adams had only joined Ferencvaros in August, having previously played for local Pro League clubs W Connection, United Petrotin and Central FC “Sharks”.

He represented T&T at the Under-17 World Cup in 2007 and the Under-20 World Cup two years later, as well as the qualifying competition for the 2014 World Cup.

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association organised a fund-raising campaign in his homeland and thousands of people had bought “I support Akeem” T-shirts. In all, the TTFA raised $ 72,300 towards the player’s aid.

1]; } ?>