April 25, 2024, 10:18:04 PM

Author Topic: Akeem Adams Thread.  (Read 80374 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Point Fortin mourns for Akeem Adams
« Reply #450 on: December 31, 2013, 10:14:27 AM »
Point Fortin mourns for Akeem Adams
By Sascha Wilson (T&T Guardian)

The entire Point Fortin hometown of footballer Akeem Adams was plunged into sadness yesterday, following his passing at a Hungarian hospital. As word spread that the 22-year-old footballer had died after suffering a massive stroke over the weekend, relatives were bombarded by local and foreign calls from people expressing their condolences. At his home at Salazar Trace, Mora, Point Fortin, relatives said everyone was in a state of shock because Adams was showing signs of improvement.

“We are in a state of shock because he showed signs of progress late November and December,” said his cousin Roland Dick. Adams lived with his mother, Ancilla, and brother, Akini, who have remained at his hospital bedside since he suffered a heart attack three months ago. Adams slipped into a coma on Saturday after suffering the massive stroke and never regained consciousness. Dick said confirmation of his passing came around 12.45 pm when Adams’ mother called his uncle, Ivan Dick.

Recalling the last time relatives communicated with Adams, he said it was on Boxing Day. “We had a family gathering and we spoke to him, via Skype, for about an hour. He gave us the thumbs up and he started to weep when he saw his grandfather Asinto Dick,” he said. He said Asinto’s 90th birthday is in February and the family has been planning a party for him. “He saw all the little kids and he wept. He gave us a wave, we not knowing that was his final goodbye to us.”

Dick said doctors eventually advised that Adams not speak because they did not want him to exert himself. He said each day prayer services and night vigils were held in the community for Adams’s recovery and for him to have a successful heart transplant on February 4. Asked if he knew how Adams’s mother was coping, Dick said she was a very strong woman. “She was still trying to come to terms with her husband passing a few years ago. This is even more shocking, he being so young,” he added.

Dick said arrangements were being made to have his body flown to Trinidad. “The Hungarian officials are working with a timeframe of a week. They are making the arrangements,” he said, adding they were also awaiting the autopsy results. Dick, the secretary of the Silver Harps Black Gold Club, said Adams was a role model to the young people in the community. “The entire community is in mourning. It’s a cold atmosphere throughout the community. This family is the livewire in the community.”

Residents who spoke with T&T Guardian expressed sadness over the passing. Toby Agard said: “He is somebody who was real cool, down to earth. That real sad. It tough for his mother, who lost his father a little earlier. I don’t know how she will cope with this.” Another resident, David Ghouralal, described Adams as his good friend. “It shocking, we thought he was getting better,” he said.

Point MP, mayor saddened
Point Fortin MP Paula Gopee-Scoon yesterday said Akeem Adams had made an enormous contribution to the local sports arena. Expressing condolences to his family, Gopee-Scoon said: “I am very sorry about the death of someone who has contributed so much to the sporting world and life of this country and he must be recognised for that. “We cannot question God.” She also expressed her gratitude to the Hungarian medical team who attended to Adams. She intends to visit Adams’s family today, she said.

Point Fortin mayor Clyde Paul also expressed condolences to the family. He pledged the Point Fortin Borough Corporation’s support and assistance to the family.

He has suffered enough—Jack
Former Fifa vice president Jack Warner described the passing of Adams as unfortunate. Speaking with reporters in La Brea, he said: “I think he has suffered enough. It is sad he is still a flower of his youth. A young footballer.” He said the void left in the sports world, particularly in football, because of Adams passing would not be easily filled. On behalf of the Independent Liberal Party, Warner, the political leader, extended condolences to Adams’s immediate family and friends.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tragic News... Akeem Adams Has Passed Away
« Reply #451 on: December 31, 2013, 10:18:37 AM »
Plenty more candles now

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tribute to Akeem Adams: The young Warrior who unified two nations
« Reply #452 on: December 31, 2013, 10:39:49 AM »
Thanks FS....touching piece.  And that video in memory of Akeem is so hard to watch without tearing up. You will be missed young Warrior!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 11:58:15 AM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 31, 2013, 10:43:54 AM »
I'm very touched by the reaction of Hungarians to his death. By Viber I received:

Im so sorry to say this. Akeem Adams died :(

In early August I was involved in a Eastern Europe v Rest of the World sweat. One of the players stood out and we have been in touch (not the person who sent the Viber). If anyone is affiliated with a NAIA or D-II program, PM and I'll link you with a boss player. Ah kinda feeling motivated to generate some good out of this.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 10:47:12 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 31, 2013, 11:00:42 AM »
Very moving.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nqbPD7cR3zo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/nqbPD7cR3zo</a>

:'(

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 31, 2013, 11:07:21 AM »
RIP Warrior

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 31, 2013, 11:08:31 AM »
Nobody deserves that.  All the best to his family. I trying to find some good in this whole thing but I eh know.

May seem insignificant, but if you ever visit Budapest and tell people you are from T&T; I bet they will know the name Akeem Adams and welcome you as a brother.

Yeah, and like Bakes pointed out, the club's treatment of the situation has been absolutely top class.  They were extremely generous.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 31, 2013, 12:23:17 PM »
Condolences to the Adams family. Just 22 yrs! God Bless!!!!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Candle lighting in memory of Akeem Adams
« Reply #458 on: December 31, 2013, 12:40:02 PM »
Though like the wanderer, the sun gone down,
Darkness be over me, my rest a stone;
Yet in my dreams I'd be nearer, my God, to Thee

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8_gaRhWhwSw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8_gaRhWhwSw</a>
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 01:09:57 PM by Tallman »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
CONCACAF statement on death of Akeem Adams
« Reply #459 on: December 31, 2013, 01:07:42 PM »
CONCACAF statement on death of Akeem Adams
CONCACAF.com

CONCACAF is deeply saddened to learn of the death of Trinidad and Tobago defender Akeem Adams at the age of 22.

Adams died on Monday in Budapest, Hungary after being hospitalized following a heart attack in September and subsequently undergoing several operations. He fell into a coma on Saturday after suffering a massive stroke.

A promising young player who had represented Trinidad and Tobago’s national teams at youth and senior levels, Adams had joined Hungarian club Ferencvaros in August.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends as they grieve this loss,” said CONCACAF President Jeffrey Webb.

“We also extend our support to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association and those in the football community who are affected by this tragic loss of a talented player, and much loved and respected young man,” added Webb.

Born April 13th, 1991, Adams first entered the national program at the Under 13 level  and went on to represent his country at the FIFA Under-17 World Cup in South Korea in 2007 and the FIFA Under-20 World Cup in Egypt in 2009.

Adams made his senior international debut in a friendly against Finland in January 2011 and at domestic club level he played for W Connection, United Petrotrin and Central.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 31, 2013, 02:36:48 PM »
Thanks FS....touching piece.

COSIGNNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Death at a funeral: Akeem’s passing sparks race to bandwagon
« Reply #461 on: December 31, 2013, 02:47:27 PM »
Death at a funeral: Akeem’s passing sparks race to bandwagon
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

Acting Prime Minister Errol McLeod told the Trinidad Express yesterday that the national community should observe a minute’s silence for former two-time World Youth Cup player Akeem Adams, who passed away yesterday in Budapest, Hungary.

Unquestionably, the Trinidad and Tobago Government has taken the lead on this initiative. There were virtually three months of silence from McLeod and his Cabinet colleagues while the 22-year-old Adams fought for his life at the Varosmajori Heart Clinic.

Adams’ employer, Ferencvaros, met all the Trinidadian’s medical expenses but his mother, Ancilla Dick, had to relocate to Budapest to lend emotional support and approve the medical procedures necessary to give her son a fighting chance. Dick, who is a domestic worker by profession, needed groceries, winter clothing and a living allowance and the family pleaded for financial assistance.

But, when Adams needed them most, McLeod and company were rehearsing for their minute’s silence. And the Prime Minister who offered the nation discounted rice, oil and flour for Christmas never thought to give Dick and Adams a few TSTT phone cards to help the humble Point Fortin family communicate during this traumatic time.

“As a father I cannot begin to imagine the grief and despair his family is feeling in these difficult moments,” said Sport Minister Anil Roberts, via a press release. “Akeem was a talented young man who (…) stood as an example to many on how fully utilise all the gifts and talents bestowed on him by the Creator.

“He even faced his final challenge with an optimistic spirit and kept up the fight, right until the end.”

Roberts certainly never thought of Adams as his son, though. The Sport Minister flew all the way to Barcelona to cheer on his swimmer, George Bovell III, from poolside in Barcelona, Spain last August. But he never thought of repeating his voyage to Europe to offer a word of encouragement to Adams.

Instead, Adams’ then Portugal-born coach Ricardo Moniz visited him daily to help keep his spirits up.

“I am very sorry about the death of someone who has contributed so much to the sporting world and life of this country,” Point Fortin MP and PNM member Paula Gopee-Scoon told the Trinidad Guardian, “and he must be recognised for that.”

Goopee-Scoon told the Guardian that she planned to visit Adams’ family yesterday offer condolences to the grieving family. But where was she with her comforting words and recognition of Adams’ sporting achievements when the family was desperate for hope?

When former Barcelona football star Deco, who has never met the “Soca Warrior”, auctioned his Fluminese jersey to raise funds for the Trinidadian, where were Adams’ compatriots? (Barring, of course, the farcical fund-raiser done by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association and Native Spirit).

Perhaps the most appropriate State tribute for Adams came from the Trinidad and Tobago Embassy in Brussels, Belgium, which is mandated to handle the nation’s interests in Hungary.

Ambassador Margaret King-Rousseau and her staff did not say a word to the family or the public; just like they had failed to do for the last three months while a young man who flew the Trinidad and Tobago flag for the last seven years on four different continents battled against the odds with a mechanical heart.

Eastern Europe is not well known for its tender treatment of non-white guests. Yet if not for Ferencvaros, Adams would not have survived long enough to spend Christmas with his mother and brother, Akini Adams.

Ferencvaros will foot the bill to transport Adams and his family back home for the funeral too. Then, it will be time for Trinidad and Tobago to show some love for its departed son.

From the looks of things, Akeem Adams will not be short of wailers in jackets and ties and designer dresses. Politicians appear to have loved him more dead than alive.

When Adams suffered a tragic heart attack on September 24, doctors did not feel he would last the weekend. Instead, he fought long enough to be joking around his family on Christmas and Boxing Day.

For those who did more than just promise to say a word of prayer, Wired868 salutes you.

Rest in peace, Akeem Adams.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 09:06:09 AM by Flex »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Death at a funeral: Akeem’s passing sparks race to bandwagon
« Reply #462 on: December 31, 2013, 04:28:49 PM »
Some ppl does look for any opportunity to put down there own ppl,everybody trying to be sympathetic and supportive and look at the crap this man write in a time like this,another one blame the T&T Doctors,TTFA got their share early on.

Guys lets try and mourn the loss of a brave soldier,it will be hard to find a replacement for Akeem try and control all the negative old talk,i don't think he would appreciate this.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 31, 2013, 04:37:09 PM »
Some ppl does look for any opportunity to put down there own ppl,everybody trying to be sympathetic and supportive and look at the crap this man write in a time like this,another one blame the T&T Doctors,TTFA got their share early on.

Guys lets try and mourn the loss of a brave soldier,it will be hard to find a replacement for Akeem try and control all the negative old talk,i don't think he would appreciate this.

This sums up my initial reaction as well.  I'm in two minds about it on further reflection though, some of the complaints are legitimate... if anything I'd only question the timing.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 31, 2013, 04:54:40 PM »

This sums up my initial reaction as well.  I'm in two minds about it on further reflection though, some of the complaints are legitimate... if anything I'd only question the timing.

There is always bitterness in death. But I believe the family and also many Trinis are disgusted that not one effort has been made to represent the T&T govt during Akeem's illness. As I said back in October, if Akeem had died there would have been an avalanche of politicians pouring out their hearts. Not only did the family need a little support, but how does this make our country look overseas?

I understand that the focus should be the tragic loss of Akeem, but he was abandoned by his government, in my view. Previously, the focus was on Akeem's recovery. Now those raw emotions need an outlet.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: December 31, 2013, 05:06:04 PM »
There is always bitterness in death. But I believe the family and also many Trinis are disgusted that not one effort has been made to represent the T&T govt during Akeem's illness. As I said back in October, if Akeem had died there would have been an avalanche of politicians pouring out their hearts. Not only did the family need a little support, but how does this make our country look overseas?

I understand that the focus should be the tragic loss of Akeem, but he was abandoned by his government, in my view. Previously, the focus was on Akeem's recovery. Now those raw emotions need an outlet.

I think this is in part due to our paternalistic view of government... which frankly, is understandable but not healthy.  If, God forbid, Wayne Rooney took ill and died while on "holiday" in Cambodia and no one from the Cameron government went to visit... would there be any condemnation?  What if it was Clint Dempsey... and the Obama administration declined to visit?

Yes, as always "in Trinidad things are different"... but only because we insist on keeping them different.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 31, 2013, 05:13:39 PM »
Heratbreaking. RIP
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 31, 2013, 05:24:14 PM »
Sad news ... RIP and Godspeed
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 31, 2013, 07:15:42 PM »
that really sad man

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 31, 2013, 07:19:54 PM »
Nice article and very good timing. This is the 2nd T&T athlete (that I know of) in recent times that had major medical problems. We need to put things in place to assist. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the people of a country looking to its government in their time of need. This is the most basic responsibility of an elected government.

What should the government do, only build roads or should that be the problem of the citizenry? Should the government not assist in food benefits as that may be seen as to paternalistic? How about privatizing the medical system in T&T and absolve the government from further paternalistic responsibility.

We talk about the loss of love in the Country, but then turn around and say every man for himself. This is a unique situation and the government MUST assist its people in such situation. A young man, a young son of the soil, in his most dire moment should not be able to turn to the people charged with the responsibility of providing security and medical assistance to improve his well-being?

We often talk from a play of "enlightenment" but within that realm we often forget our character, our moral obligations to each other. This youth, this young fella, was a Son first, a citizen second and a footballer third. If WE refuse to look after WE, then we have failed as a nation. No amount of infrastructure or resources will be able to make up for our lack of social compassion to each other.

Happy New Year.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #470 on: December 31, 2013, 07:22:19 PM »
When the waves of time roll back into the ocean they would have left, intact, a set of footprints in the sand. Those indestructible footprints will always be there to remind us that you, Akeem, was here.

R.I.P. Akeem.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 31, 2013, 07:58:50 PM »
All that is well and good, but at pain of sounding 'cold'... the harsh reality is that Akeem went abroad for a professional opportunity.  Whilst in the pursuit of that opportunity he fell I'll under his employer's watch, and his employer properly took care of him as best they could.  You want the government to do what?  If you read the exchanges in context the statements in contention are that the government should have sent someone (at taxpayers expense) to go visit him, and that the government "abandoned" him.  How?  They couldn't do more for him than Ferencvaros was already doing.  Now could they have assisted the mother and brother while over there?  Perhaps... but that's a separate matter from the government paying for Akeem's treatment or sending an envoy to visit.  Nice if it happens, but certainly not damnable if not.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 31, 2013, 10:28:06 PM »
All that is well and good, but at pain of sounding 'cold'... the harsh reality is that Akeem went abroad for a professional opportunity.  Whilst in the pursuit of that opportunity he fell I'll under his employer's watch, and his employer properly took care of him as best they could.  You want the government to do what?  If you read the exchanges in context the statements in contention are that the government should have sent someone (at taxpayers expense) to go visit him, and that the government "abandoned" him.  How?  They couldn't do more for him than Ferencvaros was already doing.  Now could they have assisted the mother and brother while over there?  Perhaps... but that's a separate matter from the government paying for Akeem's treatment or sending an envoy to visit.  Nice if it happens, but certainly not damnable if not.

Bakes, I don't think anybody is suggesting that the T&T govt pay for Akeems care. As you quite rightly say, he chose to go there, he worked for an employer who had a duty of care and he paid taxes so he could benefit from Hungary's health system. What I am talking about is compassion. Apparently, there are several sporting ambassadors who are being paid US$50k  per month. Isn't this within their realm? A plane ticket from UK to Hungary is somewhere under TT$3,000. Same from Belgium where the ambassador who is responsible for Hungary is located. How many millions did it cost to hire a plane for Mandela's funeral? Yet we couldn't spend a few thousand to offer personal support to Akeem? Anyone could have gone to represent T&T: Dwight, Birchall, Kelvin Jack, Hyland, Scotland, Carlos... the list goes on. It's a day trip. All I'm saying is that the govt could have made some small effort. Even a phone call from Anil to Ferencvros or Kamla to the Hungarian President. Something. Yet now everyone is so cut up and sad? 

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 31, 2013, 10:51:58 PM »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 01, 2014, 01:19:32 AM »
When u move to a foreign land you are encouraged to register at the High Commission/Embassy. I assume that it is in the event that you have a problem the High Commission/Embassy would assist. Well the fact that not even  a phone call was received from the guy in Belgium. This indicates that it is a fallacy.

The bandwagonist lurking like d cobeau that they are but we must be civil and mourn his passing. RUBBISH call them out and when they turn up at the funeral be polite despite the fact yuh want to have banners saying thanks 4 nutten.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 01, 2014, 06:10:30 AM »
When u move to a foreign land you are encouraged to register at the High Commission/Embassy. I assume that it is in the event that you have a problem the High Commission/Embassy would assist. Well the fact that not even  a phone call was received from the guy in Belgium. This indicates that it is a fallacy.

The bandwagonist lurking like d cobeau that they are but we must be civil and mourn his passing. RUBBISH call them out and when they turn up at the funeral be polite despite the fact yuh want to have banners saying thanks 4 nutten.

You raise an interesting point. Typically what happens is the assistance stems from either a request for help from the party in need directly or through a directive from POS to render assistance. Depending on the nature of what's involved in the direct request scenario, certain actions may occur at the discretion of those abroad.

This case goes to the goodwill of the government rather than to circumstances under which Brussels and POS failed to act in a mandated way.

That stated, diplomatic staff have a history of being vulnerable to the "charges" of dropping the ball, cutting style and exercising a reluctance to being entwined in certain situations that to other persons seem insensitive.

Here, the government is fairly open to criticism, but part of that criticism does lie at the intersection of what we expect government to do and what government is not compelled or mandated to do.

(A good related question to ask would be what role government played in repatriating the body of the young citizen killed this year in the bombing in Kenya).

There could be a lot of lessons learned from Akeem's passing ... and some have been learned already.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 06:12:24 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 01, 2014, 08:00:44 AM »

You raise an interesting point. Typically what happens is the assistance stems from either a request for help from the party in need directly or through a directive from POS to render assistance. Depending on the nature of what's involved in the direct request scenario, certain actions may occur at the discretion of those abroad.

This case goes to the goodwill of the government rather than to circumstances under which Brussels and POS failed to act in a mandated way.

That stated, diplomatic staff have a history of being vulnerable to the "charges" of dropping the ball, cutting style and exercising a reluctance to being entwined in certain situations that to other persons seem insensitive.

Here, the government is fairly open to criticism, but part of that criticism does lie at the intersection of what we expect government to do and what government is not compelled or mandated to do.

(A good related question to ask would be what role government played in repatriating the body of the young citizen killed this year in the bombing in Kenya).

There could be a lot of lessons learned from Akeem's passing ... and some have been learned already.

A simple phone call was not received? So Ancilla should have called them and say I need help my son is sick in hospital in Hungary? Deco who eh know d child from Adam auction a T-shirt and the man in charge waiting on a directive from POS? Nah man u in charge I eh say sell d farm. U think if Akeem was Jcan this would have happened?

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 01, 2014, 08:44:13 AM »
:applause:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 01, 2014, 09:56:20 AM »

Cool, so when war breaks out in a foreign country, then the government should just not even worry about its citizens who took up professional job overseas. Or when a natural disaster strikes overseas and it is made known that citizen need assistance to relocate, should the government not assist?

???
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 01, 2014, 10:30:51 AM »
If the PM or the Minister of Sport doh issue a statement or make a comment, they would be setting deyself up for criticism. So yeah, dey had to comment. However, by doing so dey gehhin slapped because ppl are aware of their public silence.

This is a situation in which there was a place for them to act abroad. No doubt in my mind. Kamla could have called his mom etc. Nuff different scenarios ... some we might learn occurred?

A lot of ppl were sitting on the fence waiting to see how this played out. To a reasonable degree, dahis de nature of respecting people's privacy and the sort of health situation involved here ... but one does get the feeling that there could have been more assertive steps taken here by the powers that be.

1]; } ?>