April 18, 2024, 09:09:07 AM

Author Topic: Akeem Adams Thread.  (Read 80049 times)

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
Re: Hungarian company donates TT$289,000 to care for Akeem
« Reply #600 on: December 08, 2014, 04:47:44 PM »
Akeem Adams agent, Dion Sosa, posted this on facebook today:

Its been almost a year since Akeem Adams has died and buried and up 2 now the idiots at the ministry of sport has not paid 4 his funeral his mother has been getting the run around for months and she can't get reimbursed for his funeral expenses when they promised 2 pay 4 his funeral can you imagine that nonsense

Only in T&T, yes.

:beermug: SWEET TNT
I dont understand. Why is this the ministry's responsibility??

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hungarian company donates TT$289,000 to care for Akeem
« Reply #601 on: December 08, 2014, 06:09:05 PM »
Akeem Adams agent, Dion Sosa, posted this on facebook today:

Its been almost a year since Akeem Adams has died and buried and up 2 now the idiots at the ministry of sport has not paid 4 his funeral his mother has been getting the run around for months and she can't get reimbursed for his funeral expenses when they promised 2 pay 4 his funeral can you imagine that nonsense

Only in T&T, yes.

:beermug: SWEET TNT
I dont understand. Why is this the ministry's responsibility??

You may recall that there were many voices criticising the govt while Akeem was in hospital being cared for by Hungarians, who even flew his mother and brother over to Hungary. When Akeem passed away, Anil came out crying about our fallen warrior and pledged that Mos would pay for the funeral.

To be fair, they probably pledged a specific amount towards the funeral. But it looks like it's got stuck in the system somewhere.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Akeem Adams Thread.
« Reply #602 on: December 09, 2014, 03:04:45 AM »
The family of former Trinidad and Tobago footballer Akeem Adams is yet to be compensated by the Ministry of Sport for funeral expenses which they promised to undertake in January this year.

Asked what sum has the Ministry promised the family for the funeral expenses, Akeem's agent Dion Sosa replied, “they had to pay for the body to transport from Europe, they had to pay for the permit. I would say guessing off the top of my head, I would roughly say it probably run maybe $50,000- $60,000, or even more.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: December 09, 2014, 03:11:16 PM »
The family of former Trinidad and Tobago footballer Akeem Adams is yet to be compensated by the Ministry of Sport for funeral expenses which they promised to undertake in January this year.

Asked what sum has the Ministry promised the family for the funeral expenses, Akeem's agent Dion Sosa replied, “they had to pay for the body to transport from Europe, they had to pay for the permit. I would say guessing off the top of my head, I would roughly say it probably run maybe $50,000- $60,000, or even more.”

I still dont get why this is the Ministry responsibility. If i die today in New York or Canada or anywhere in the world my parents wont be after the Ministry of Tobago development or THA for compensation. Maybe I'm harsh but his mother did what she was supposed to do, bury HER child... This didnt happen on National duty and even then it shouldnt be the Ministry's responsibility. They weren't entitled to it so just push and let the dude rest in peace

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: December 09, 2014, 04:28:53 PM »

I still dont get why this is the Ministry responsibility. If i die today in New York or Canada or anywhere in the world my parents wont be after the Ministry of Tobago development or THA for compensation. Maybe I'm harsh but his mother did what she was supposed to do, bury HER child... This didnt happen on National duty and even then it shouldnt be the Ministry's responsibility. They weren't entitled to it so just push and let the dude rest in peace
It is their responsibility because they claimed it, plain and simple. Nobody ask them to pay for the funeral. They, or rather the (not so honourable) Minister came out and said they would.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: December 10, 2014, 11:17:25 AM »

No one asked them. They said they would pay... FULLSTOP!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #606 on: December 29, 2014, 05:02:39 AM »
Remembering Akeem.
By Ian Prescott (Express).

Along with fallen comrades Fletcher, Carter

TOMORROW marks a year since Trinidad and Tobago national footballer Akeem Adams sadly passed away, following complications suffered following a massive heart attack.

There was an outpouring of sorrow, both in Hungary and here in his native Trinidad and Tobago, following Adams’ death. He was described as a gentle giant, a very quiet person.

Adams’ death followed that of 34-year-old Defence Force footballer Lance Corporal Rawle Fletcher, who was murdered on December 23, 2013, and just a couple months later, on February 28, 2014, T&T international Kevon Carter, 30, succumbed to a heart-attack when training with the Defence Force football squad.

At age 22, Adams had already accomplished a lot and seemed destined for a bright future. A young talent, Adams was a youth national of the Trinidad and Tobago under-17 team, participating in the 2007 FIFA U-17 World Cup, and the under-20 squad at the 2009 FIFA U-20 World Cup.

Spotted by T&T’s Colombia-born senior national men team’s head-coach Francisco Maturana, Adams made his full senior team international debut in March 2008 at age 16, in a 1-0 victory against El Salvador.

After beginning his professional career in the local Pro League with W Connection, T&TEC and Central FC, he moved to Hungary in the summer of 2013, when signing with top Hungarian club Ferencvárosi.

Born April 13, 1991, Point Fortin footballer Adams died in a heart clinic in Budapest, Hungary. Mere days earlier, he seemed on the mend, following a series of heart related complications.

Adams initially suffered a heart attack at his Budapest apartment on September 25, 2013, after returning from a training session with his club. His left leg had to be amputated on October 8 in a life-saving surgery.

His doctor stated that his body wasn’t ready for a heart transplant, at that time, though that would be subsequently necessary to keep him alive. And at one point an artificial heart was implanted.

Adams’ health challenge after the heart attack sparked an outpouring of love in Hungary, where many donated blood, and funds was raised to facilitate his recuperation. The club also flew his mother Ancilla and brother Akini Adams to be at his side in Hungary.

Adams began to respond and seemed on the road to recover; he was even started text messaging friends when, on December 28, 2013, he suffered a massive stroke at the Városmajori Heart Clinic and fell into a coma. He died in Budapest two days later.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #607 on: December 30, 2014, 07:33:02 AM »
Akeem Adams"s memorial game carded for January 4th at Mahaica Oval, Point Fortin from 3:30pm. The game will be a select Akeem lX vs Civic Center FC, general admission is $20 TT.

Food and drinks will be available at the venue with all proceeds going to a scholarship in his name to the top academic student in Point Fortin.

Some of the players expected to play in the Select 11 are; Leston Paul, Sean De Silva, Jean-Luc Rochford, Adrian Foncette, Aubrey David, Ryan Fredericks, Xavier Rajpaul, Keane Mc Ivor, SSFL standouts Brent Sam and Kwesi Allen the quality of football will be very high with Civic Center set to feature their top players like Marcus Joseph, Weslie John, Andre Touissaint and Andrei Pacheco.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: December 30, 2014, 06:58:58 PM »
Akeem Adams"s memorial game carded for January 4th at Mahaica Oval, Point Fortin from 3:30pm. The game will be a select Akeem lX vs Civic Center FC, general admission is $20 TT.

Food and drinks will be available at the venue with all proceeds going to a scholarship in his name to the top academic student in Point Fortin.

Some of the players expected to play in the Select 11 are; Leston Paul, Sean De Silva, Jean-Luc Rochford, Adrian Foncette, Aubrey David, Ryan Fredericks, Xavier Rajpaul, Keane Mc Ivor, SSFL standouts Brent Sam and Kwesi Allen the quality of football will be very high with Civic Center set to feature their top players like Marcus Joseph, Weslie John, Andre Touissaint and Andrei Pacheco.

Not sure about the Central players as they may well be in camp on that date!!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #609 on: January 01, 2015, 06:37:43 AM »
Molino, Paul among former teammates to play charity match for fallen comrade.
By Ian Prescott (Express).

In tribute to Akeem

A number of players of Trinidad and Tobago’s national football team and former teammates of deceased former national footballer Akeem Adams will play a charity match in his honour on Sunday at the Mahaica Oval, in his Point Fortin home town.

Sunday’s match is set for a 3.30 p.m. kickoff, and will feature an Akeem Adams XI against a team from Point Fortin Civic, the local Pro League club to which Adams was once contracted. Adams’ older brother, Akini, still plays for Civic.

The purpose of the game is to pay tribute Akeem Adams for his contribution to Trinidad and Tobago football. Admission is $20 and all proceeds from the event will go towards an Akeem Adams scholarship, and donated to a top academic student in Point Fortin.

Former Point Fortin footballer Adams, 22, was an international player for Trinidad & Tobago both at junior and senior level. He died a year ago (December 30, 2013) in Budapest, Hungary, due to complications following a massive heart attack suffered on September 25. He had been contracted to Hungarian top division club Ferencvárosi.

Among former teammates lining up on the Akeem Adams XI are former T&T junior World Cup captain Leston Paul, and Central FC midfielders Jean-Luc Rochford and Sean de Silva, who played alongside Adams on Trinidad and Tobago national teams, at the both the 2007 FIFA Under-17 and 2009 FIFA Under-19 World Cups.

Other former World Cup teammates of Adams playing Sunday are USA-based professional Kevin Molino, who recently finished joint top scorer at the 2014 Caribbean Cup, and left-back Aubrey David, another T&T senior national who spent the last year on loan to Jaro FC in Finland. Secondary School Football League (SSFL) players Brent Sam, Kwesi Allen and former SSFL standouts Xavier Rajpaul and Keane Mc Ivor will also represent the Akeen Adams XI.

Meanwhile, the popular Point Fortin Civic professional team contains Marcus Joseph, another of Adams’ World Cup teammates and last season’s top scorer in the local Digicel Pro League. Among the current stars of Point Fortin Civic are Andrei Pacheco, Andre Toussaint, Weslie John and Andre Alexis, some of whom would have played with Adams on Trinidad and Tobago national teams.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 01, 2015, 07:37:45 AM »

Not sure about the Central players as they may well be in camp on that date!!

a little fete match is good for the soul supporter  lol
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #611 on: January 03, 2015, 06:44:20 AM »
SPoRTT to pay Akeem’s funeral expenses
T&T Newsday Reports.

Ancilla Dick, mother of Akeem Adams, is a relieved woman today after the Sport Company of Trinidad and Tobago yesterday decided to pay for the funeral expenses of Adams.

The former Trinidad and Tobago footballer died on December 30, 2013 and was buried on January 17 with the Ministry of Sport promising to foot the bill.

Ancilla has been in distress, however, as 12 months later, the Sport Ministry is yet to pay for the funeral, citing red tape.

Adrian Raymond, CEO of the Sport Company, yesterday explained that he met with the Permanent Secretary Richard Oliver who explained that the Ministry had a particular plan on how they intended to service the debt.

Raymond noted though that in an effort to expedite the payment it was agreed that SPORTT would handle the expenses and the Ministry of Sport would reimburse them in the future.

“We understand that the mother was in some level of distress and because we could turn it around quicker (than the Sport Ministry) we took over,” he said.

He revealed that by next week SPORTT and Akeem’s mother would begin discussions on calculating the figure to be paid.

“Once we are able to workout the amount we will clear whatever is the situation,” he promised.

The latest development seems to bring to an end a year of anxiety for Ancilla with Akeem’s agent Dion Sosa earlier highlighting her plight.

“This thing (is) just going on and on and she’s seeing no kind of solution to it at all,” he had said, while blasting the Sport Ministry for the lengthy delay in addressing the matter.

Akeem Adams Football Timeline

2004 – Introduced into National Programme at U-13 Level

2006 – Helped qualify T&T U-17s to 2007 World Cup

2008 – Helped qualify T&T U-20s to 2009 World Cup

2011 – Senior International Debut for TT against Finland

2012/2013 – Joins Ferencvarosi TC (Hungary).

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 03, 2015, 08:29:39 AM »
He revealed that by next week SPORTT and Akeem’s mother would begin discussions on calculating the figure to be paid.

“Once we are able to workout the amount we will clear whatever is the situation,” he promised.

Yuh mean tuh say de amount hasn't been established yet ... although almost a year later? Nonsense.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 05, 2015, 05:26:38 PM »
What kinda evil wotlessness am I reading here on the funeral reimbursements being held up?
Part of the whole idea is to prevent amplifying the mother's nervous breakdown while it's occurring fresh at the funeral time.
Akeem dead so long now, that  .... Look!
I think I'm gonna be .... sick. ...  Excuse .... :puking: :puking: :puking: :puking:
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 05:34:14 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 06, 2015, 02:47:48 PM »
so they made a promise
and a year later they still not sure the amount?

get the receipts, and pay.
simple

otherwise dont offer to pay anything smh

we know the sports ministry been in a mess but oh geez man
save face nah!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #615 on: January 07, 2015, 02:55:48 AM »
Akeem Adams XI win Scholarship Memorial match
By JONATHAN RAMNANANSINGH (Newsday).

The Akeem Adams XI triumphed 4-3 via kicks from the penalty spot against Point Fortin Civic FC when the family members and friends of the fallen Soca Warrior hosted a special “Akeem Adams Scholarship Fund” match at Mahaica Oval, Point Fortin, on Sunday.

Having found the back of the net in the opening 30 minutes of the match, the Akeem Adams XI seemed to have the match in total control. However, Digicel Pro League outfit Point Fortin Civic, equalised with just about five minutes to go from normal time, forcing the game to be decided with kicks from the spot. In the end, the Adams XI emerged victors in the friendly encounter.

All proceeds gathered from the entry fee, food and drink sales will go towards the scholarship fund which will be disbursed to the Borough’s top performing secondary school athlete at the end of the academic year in July.

Also, a donation of $1,500 was made by Earl “Mango” Pierre on behalf of Joevin Jones who now plays for the Chicago Fire in the MLS.

Speaking to Adams’ former agent, Dion Sosa, yesterday, he revealed that the event was indeed a success and plans are already in place for an even bigger tourney at the end of this year.

“It was a great event and we are already planning for another one of this same calibre later on in 2015,” said Sosa.

“Everyone came out in support of the late Akeem Adams and the response from the public was astounding. We anticipate even greater things this year because it is a good initiative for the young people of Point Fortin.”

Sosa also revealed that several professional footballers who were scheduled to line up for the Adams XI were banned from playing due to club restrictions by their respective Pro League units.

Even though this was a bit of a damper, Sosa quickly put together a revamped team and they still took top honours.

“We are hoping that Mahaica (Oval) gets lights this year so as to host an even better event in December. These lights would make sure that the event can run smoothly into the night with supporters being able to enjoy themselves in memory of Akeem into the later hours,” he added.

Delivering an address at Sunday’s match was Adams’ mom, Ancilla Dick, who was pleased with the amount of fans who came out in support of her son.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: January 07, 2015, 07:50:00 PM »
Glad to see things went well for this charitable event, maybe one day a Soca Warriors.net XI can represent :idea:   

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: April 13, 2016, 06:48:53 PM »
Akeem would have been 25 today.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #618 on: December 28, 2020, 01:50:43 AM »
I think it's his 7th year anniversary on December 30 since this sad tragedy.

1]; } ?>