April 26, 2024, 03:52:47 PM

Author Topic: Akeem Adams Thread.  (Read 80463 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: SWO is seeking $upport for Akeem.
« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2013, 08:16:23 AM »
Shaun mentioned SWO on news last night.

:beermug:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2013, 08:51:08 AM »
Thumps up Shaun.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 28, 2013, 03:15:13 PM »
Shaun mentioned SWO on news last night.

Heard it in a news clip this morning.... :beermug:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 28, 2013, 03:20:26 PM »
Anyone tape it?

Would love the hear the segment?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 28, 2013, 06:21:41 PM »
Nice mention of SWO and Central FC reaching out to do what they can.  Kudos to Ferencváros TC and its fans for stepping up to the plate to help the family and the player.  In a day and age when we have become so used to the 'business' of football, it's heartening to get these reminders that there is a human side as well.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 28, 2013, 08:41:32 PM »
From Akeem's agent tonight:

He is still very critical they are waiting for him to stabilize he is still in grave danger so all we can do is pray

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #97 on: September 28, 2013, 10:57:25 PM »
From Akeem's agent tonight:

He is still very critical they are waiting for him to stabilize he is still in grave danger so all we can do is pray
This is a great sign that you are fighting my brother. Fight on.

From one Black Knight Warrior to another. A prayer for you “ Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep, His Love to guard me through the night, And wake me in the morning's light".

We love you man.

I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Akeem Adams suffers a heart attack
« Reply #98 on: September 29, 2013, 11:59:55 AM »
From Akeem's agent:

Good news everyone Akeem has improved from 5 percent to 30 percent he has squeezed his mom"s hand and has shown progress since she has been there it just goes to show how strong a mother and son love is

:thumbsup:

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 29, 2013, 12:37:10 PM »
From Akeem's agent:

Good news everyone Akeem has improved from 5 percent to 30 percent he has squeezed his mom"s hand and has shown progress since she has been there it just goes to show how strong a mother and son love is

great news..... still praying for full recovery.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 12:38:57 PM by royal »

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 29, 2013, 01:40:43 PM »
From Akeem's agent:

That's great to hear!  :beermug:
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 29, 2013, 05:09:51 PM »
From Akeem's agent:

great news..... still praying for full recovery.

CO-SIGNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 29, 2013, 06:13:25 PM »
Amazing...speedy recovery warrior!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #103 on: September 30, 2013, 04:02:26 AM »
Okay guys.... 5 more day and this will be closed, if you have not donated please do, (off course if you can afford to eh),,,,,, but it would be nice to help a brother of the soil who is in desperate need...

The figures is really small thus far....

Trinis I tell you....

« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 05:38:46 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 30, 2013, 08:16:37 AM »
Okay guys.... 5 more day and this will be closed, if you have not donated please do, (off course if you can afford to eh),,,,,, but it would be nice to help a brother of the soil who is in desperate need...

Trinis I tell you....

A friend last night ask me how locals can give except via PayPal. I feel like plenty peeps he card max out.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 30, 2013, 10:55:09 AM »

Trinis I tell you....

Oh wait, we continued collecting donations?? I thought after the request from the family via Lasana we had put the collection drive on hold??  OK then.....I would do the needful later.....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #106 on: September 30, 2013, 11:13:30 AM »
Nothing is on hold... and will never be...  :devil:

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 30, 2013, 11:24:25 AM »
Positive signs as Adams awaits heart transplant

trinidadexpress.com

Trinidad and Tobago defender Akeem Adams remains warded in critical condition at the ICU of the Varosmajori Heart Clinic in Hungary, but there were some positive signs from the footballer.
According to a T&T Football Association (TTFA) media release yesterday, there was some movement by the player.
“There was one significant occurrence, as the 22-year-old player was said to have nodded in acknowledgement of his mother’s presence and held her hand for a brief moment on Sunday (yesterday) morning,” the release read.
Prior to her departure on Friday, Ancilla Adams, mother of Akeem said she believed she would get a reaction from her ailing son, and she got her wish, the release noted.
“He nodded and held on to her hand when she asked ‘Akeem do you know I am here’, and we continue to pray for his recovery,” Adams’s local handler, Dion Sosa, also told TTFA Media.
Adams was up to yesterday still listed in a critical condition after undergoing a third operation, following a massive heart attack he suffered between Wednesday night and Thursday morning. According to the TTFA release, the footballer’s Hungarian club has been asked that little is said on the matter at the moment.
“There has been a request originating from the Varosmajori Clinic and Ferencvaros that not too much be said in the media, as doctors continue to give the best possible treatment to the player. We have to obey their requests as they prefer that not much be said as they try their best to bring Akeem to recovery. They have asked that we continue to extend our support and offer our prayers as they do their part,” Sosa said.
There have been some 250 blood donors to date and doctors are hoping to perform the heart transplant at some point next week.
Akeem’s football club in Hungary, Ferencvaros, lost their League match on over the weekend going down to Puskas FC. It is understood that the players have been disheartened since Adams suffered the attack and were not fully up for the encounter.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2013, 03:09:41 PM »
Nothing is on hold... and will never be...  :devil:

Whey wrong with dem at all?  :D

I haven't donated yet... will do so later on tonight.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 30, 2013, 06:39:07 PM »
Ah cyar access mih pay pal account.....may have to create another one   :frustrated:....doh have the time right now for that.....will try again tomorrow  *sigh*
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 01, 2013, 07:28:44 PM »
OK.....ah organise mih donation....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 01, 2013, 09:16:55 PM »
UPDATE

Pál Orosz, Ferencváros' Managing Director confirmed that Adams' blood circulation is started by an artificial heart, but he remains in serious condition. It's possible that he will need a heart transplant.

On another note, over 100 people have responded to the call for blood donations for Akeem in the past 24 hours.

Jeezan ages ....... :o

any update on whether a heart transplant is needed? ???

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 02, 2013, 01:42:59 AM »
"It is understood that the players have been disheartened since Adams suffered the attack "

Unfortunate choice of words!!

Reminds me of an incident in the 70's when Leeds Utd tried to sign a guy called Asa Hartford from West Brom. During his medical, it was discovered that Hartford had a hole in his heart and the transfer was cancelled. Happily, he continued his career and was very successful and, I believe, played for England.

It was unfortunate that a player named Hartford had a heart problem. But it got worse when the WBA coach condemned Leeds decision by saying "Asa is a whole hearted player"

You really have to engage your brain before you put your mouth in gear!!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 02, 2013, 06:37:43 AM »
"It is understood that the players have been disheartened since Adams suffered the attack "

Reminds me of an incident in the 70's when Leeds Utd tried to sign a guy called Asa Hartford from West Brom. During his medical, it was discovered that Hartford had a hole in his heart and the transfer was cancelled. Happily, he continued his career and was very successful and, I believe, played for England.

It was unfortunate that a player named Hartford had a heart problem. But it got worse when the WBA coach condemned Leeds decision by saying "Asa is a whole hearted player"

How yuh explain dis then? :)

I have been in contact all day with fans in Hungary. They have given a fantastic response to the appeal for blood. Supporters of many various Hungarian clubs have come out to donate. And when you think about it, it's not just a foreign player, it's a foreign Caribbean player, it makes your heart swell. We see the hateful side of European football with its racist elements. But Akeem's misfortune has shown us the positive side of European football. Without knowing it, maybe Akeem's suffering may be the catalyst that unites nations. 

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 02, 2013, 06:38:46 AM »

I have been in contact all day with fans in Hungary. They have given a fantastic response to the appeal for blood. Supporters of many various Hungarian clubs have come out to donate. And when you think about it, it's not just a foreign player, it's a foreign Caribbean player, it makes your heart swell. We see the hateful side of European football with its racist elements. But Akeem's misfortune has shown us the positive side of European football. Without knowing it, maybe Akeem's suffering may be the catalyst that unites nations. 

:rotfl: See what I mean....you have to engage your brain lol My apologies!!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 02, 2013, 06:40:49 AM »

It's all good, FS ... your heart was in the right place.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 02, 2013, 06:44:56 AM »

It's all good, FS ... your heart was in the right place.

:rotfl: Stop now!!

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 02, 2013, 07:45:24 AM »
Ah... where are they getting the heart from. I understand people usually have to wait for donors. He's getting it this week. That was quick. At least that's some very good news.

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Akeem Adams suffers a heart attack
« Reply #118 on: October 02, 2013, 07:50:49 AM »
Here's a little on it here. He is 50th on the list but it all depends on the heart and who it is best suited for http://sport.hir24.hu/nb1/2013/10/02/jo-hir-akeem-adamsnek/

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 02, 2013, 02:14:30 PM »
The TTFA should donate part of the proceeds of the game against New Zealand to Akeem and appeal to the public to come out and support in numbers.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

1]; } ?>