April 16, 2024, 12:52:03 AM

Author Topic: Akeem Adams Thread.  (Read 79992 times)

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Akeem Adams Thread.
« Reply #240 on: October 28, 2013, 11:08:44 AM »
Akeem’s improving; but financial donations remain slow
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

Twenty-two year old former Trinidad and Tobago defender Akeem Adams is said to be improving slowly but surely at the Varosmajori Heart Clinic in Budapest, Hungary although the ex-Presentation College (San Fernando) student remains in ICU.

A source close to the family informed Wired868 that Adams’ condition is stabilising. The former two-time World Youth Cup player is in urgent need of a heart transplant after suffering a massive heart attack last month, hours after training with his top flight Hungarian football team, Ferencvarosi.

However, Adams still is not strong enough for the urgent operation.

His circulation is said to be better, though, and the Varosmajori Clinic’s medical staff is hopeful that he will continue to improve.

“He is stabilising and getting stronger and stronger,” said the source. “The doctors are hoping that the progress will continue. Since the (amputation) the blood is flowing better and he is getting stronger…

“After something like what he went through, you don’t just go from zero to hundred. But maybe he is 20 percent better in the last month or so in terms of his vital signs and so on.”

Adams’ left leg was amputated on October 8 after circulatory problems prompted an emergency operation.

His mother, Ancilla, and brother, Akini, are both at his side in Budapest as he fights for his life. Ancilla has taken leave from her job as a domestic worker to comfort her son while Akini is a goalkeeper with local Pro League team, Point Fortin Civic.

At present, Akini is training with Ferencvarosi to maintain his match fitness.

Presentation College principal Dexter Mitchell offered Ancilla an unspecified financial donation before she left Trinidad, which has helped offset bills like groceries and toiletries.

Football fans’ website, Soca Warriors Online (SWO), has also collected just over $12,000, which should be presented to Adams’ agent, Dion Sosa, this week.

The SWO contributors, according to site leader Inshan “Flex” Mohammed, are: Robert Engelmann, Varga Varga, Attila Plesko, Ryan Lalsingh, Peter DeCoteau, Linly Prince, Ernesto Waines, Marlon Mejias, Richard Wilson, Patricia Smart, Marlon Smith, Inshan “Flex” Mohammed, Susan Brown, Nick Fuller, VB, Omar, Nigel Scott, Denzil Streete, Lester Alexander, Peter Khan, Daryl Brereton, Christian Khabay, Sigmund Williams, Roland Gabriel, Emilie Vernon Backström, Anthony Valley and Nigel Myers.

Local football club DIRECTV W Connection also instructed the Pro League executive to give its $10,000 Digicel Charity Shield winnings to Adams, almost two weeks ago, although the money has still not changed hands.

A Pro League source admitted that the Digicel Charity Shield money was there and Connection had instructed the governing body to make the payment. However, the Pro League does not yet have the necessary details to make the transfer although it expects to complete the transaction shortly.

The family has not received any word yet from the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) about proceeds from its international friendly against New Zealand at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Tuesday October 15.

TTFA president Raymond Tim Kee and general secretary Sheldon Phillips created an “Akeem Adams section” for the game and $50 from each $125 ticket sold was supposed to go to the ailing footballer’s family along with the full earnings from “Support Akeem Adams” tee-shirts sold by Native Spirits.

The source explained that Tim Kee and Phillips had promised to meet with Adams’ family and representatives on October 18 but this was postponed as both administrators had to attend a CONCACAF congress in the Cayman Islands. There has supposedly been no update since.

The TTFA has not yet revealed an official attendance for the New Zealand game, the number of tickets sold for the Akeem Adams section or the money raised from the sale of Native Spirit tee-shirts.

TTFA press officer Shaun Fuentes said that the CONCACAF engagements of its top executives had slowed down the process and that more information should be available this week.

“We are hoping to finalise details this week as Phillips and Tim Kee were out of the country until last weekend,” Fuentes told Wired868. “We are still waiting for a figure on shirt sales from Native Spirit as well as other contributions before we can present a final figure… We might be able to give some more information after lunch today.”

Fuentes also addressed complaints by supporters who bought tickets for the Akeem Adams section but had problems accessing the area while bathrooms in the Hasely Crawford Stadium’s uncovered stands were locked.

“The bathrooms were the responsibility of the stadium management but we will still ensure these matters are ironed out for the next event,” said Fuentes. “Initially the Adams section was not properly roped off and that presented a challenge as most of the early patrons (in the uncovered stands) were able to access that central point…

“We heard of the few complaints but, while there were patrons who were hoping to be in a separate section to the rest of the uncovered section, the majority appeared pleased to have made their contribution towards the fund.”

Meanwhile, the players’ family is receiving legal assistance to set up an Akeem Adams Trust Fund, which is meant to bring order to the spate of charitable efforts set up in recent weeks to raise money for the player.

“We want to bring coordination and transparency to all the various charitable events behind held,” said Sosa. “The public would want know that they can trust that the monies raised are going where they are supposed to go and the family wants to authorise the things being done in Akeem’s name.

“So we are looking to set up a board of trustees which will include his mom and brother and uncle and an independent party. That way when corporate T&T and anyone else donate, there will be transparency and documentation with regards to what comes in and goes out.”

At present, well-wishers can donate money directly to the family at any RBC branch by making a deposit for Ancilla Dick-Adams at account number #100085172658914.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 05:32:02 AM by Flex »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Job well done SWO, sorry I could not make a donation this time because of issues with my job and so on, but next time for sure, my last donation went to Jan Williams so hopefully things get better on this side.

Thanks for de new Lasana.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
So ... how VB get to be anonymous? :devil:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
$12,000 TT or US?  Either way it's an impressive sum.  Funny too how we were the first to step up, now we ready to transfer funds... yet it was us that the family and agent had concerns about.  Anyways, all things work for good to them that love the Lord... happy to hear that Akeem is improving and the little bit of money should help the family in some way.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I now trying to figure out who's who!!

Robert Engelmann, Varga Varga, Attila Plesko, Ryan Lalsingh, Peter DeCoteau, Linly Prince, Ernesto Waines, Marlon Mejias, Richard Wilson, Patricia Smart, Marlon Smith, Inshan “Flex” Mohammed, Susan Brown, Nick Fuller, VB, Omar, Nigel Scott, Denzil Streete, Lester Alexander, Peter Khan, Daryl Brereton, Christian Khabay, Sigmund Williams, Roland Gabriel, Emilie Vernon Backström, Anthony Valley

Great effort from everyone. Cheque will be presented on Friday at half time in the game between North East and Central at Marvin Lee

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
$12,000 TT or US?  Either way it's an impressive sum.  Funny too how we were the first to step up, now we ready to transfer funds... yet it was us that the family and agent had concerns about.  Anyways, all things work for good to them that love the Lord... happy to hear that Akeem is improving and the little bit of money should help the family in some way.

TTD
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

TTD

12,300 to be exact
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

???

Oho, I now understand.

My Paypal acct was empty. I asked a friend to send from hers and I reimbursed with cash. It was better than putting a service charge on my Visa. ;-)

Her PP is not my name. ButI gave Flex the confirmation no. so he knew it was me.
Yuy boy was unemployed at the time so I was conserving on the expenses.  :)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

???

Oho, I now understand.

My Paypal acct was empty. I asked a friend to send from hers and I reimbursed with cash. It was better than putting a service charge on my Visa. ;-)

Her PP is not my name. ButI gave Flex the confirmation no. so he knew it was me.

Oh shoots, look she name dey...Susan Brown.  :)

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I will never trust the TTFA again! Admittedly I should have contributed to the SWO fund instead of via the TTFA... Oh and by the way Fuentes response to the Akeem Adams section fiasco was ASININE!!!!!

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Why was the Akeem Adams section not sectioned off?
« Reply #253 on: October 28, 2013, 09:24:21 PM »
“The bathrooms were the responsibility of the stadium management but we will still ensure these matters are ironed out for the next event,” said Fuentes. “Initially the Adams section was not properly roped off and that presented a challenge as most of the early patrons (in the uncovered stands) were able to access that central point…

“We heard of the few complaints but, while there were patrons who were hoping to be in a separate section to the rest of the uncovered section, the majority appeared pleased to have made their contribution towards the fund.”

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Well my source told me I that the reason the TTFA has not announced the official attendance or figures from our "I Support Akeem" drive is because the LOC has yet to meet and have its post event analysis.

They will actually meet today as this was the first available date where everyone in the group can meet.

So, there is nothing nefarious going on, they just want the group charged with organizing the event to get the information first before it is shared with the public.

In addition, the so called "source" Lasana indicated is wrong, I was told that Sheldon never really promised to meet with the Adams family on October 18. I know first hand that he and Tim Kee have been in touch with two family members, Ivan Dick and Sherwyn Humpries. They received information on the RBC account Akeem's mother set up and will direct the funds to that account.

There is no need to have a special meeting as its already been conveyed that they can come by at any time and the TTFA have the account information.  In these types of cases, there is always an element that seems to bent on muddy the waters and bring confusion to well intended plans.

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What does "never really promised" mean? Two weeks after the game and no information and, according to the insider, the TTFA thinks that anyone who dares say anything about it is "bent on muddy the waters and bring confusion to well intended plans."
I'm not shooting the messenger Insider. So I am not aiming it at you.
But people should be honest and say when they have not been up to scratch. I sense an arrogance in that response that everyone should hush and wait until the TTFA is good and ready.
(I have no need for a pen name by the way... I am Lasana Liburd)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
With all due respect Lasana, sometimes yuh does come off like yuh have ah axe to grind.  For instance, it is perfectly fair for Tim Kee to highlight some of the modest achievements the TTFA has been able to make in a short space of time.  In your report you present that as "TTFA Pats Self on the Back", come on.  The friendly was just two weeks ago... I don't know the ins and outs of what needs to take place, but two weeks doesn't sound like a lot of time to complete accounting etc.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
With all due respect Lasana, sometimes yuh does come off like yuh have ah axe to grind.  For instance, it is perfectly fair for Tim Kee to highlight some of the modest achievements the TTFA has been able to make in a short space of time.  In your report you present that as "TTFA Pats Self on the Back", come on.  The friendly was just two weeks ago... I don't know the ins and outs of what needs to take place, but two weeks doesn't sound like a lot of time to complete accounting etc.

Bakes, I don't know if you've ever been involved in organizing something like this, but 2 weeks is way to long to get accounting done. Accounting MOST times are done by the time the night is over and then confirmation meeting by the next business day. To be waiting 2 weeks after an event to figure out what went on is not very good business practice.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Bakes, I don't know if you've ever been involved in organizing something like this, but 2 weeks is way to long to get accounting done. Accounting MOST times are done by the time the night is over and then confirmation meeting by the next business day. To be waiting 2 weeks after an event to figure out what went on is not very good business practice.

I'm not so sure, Elan. I organise the Central F.C. home games and it's fairly easy to tie up the accounts next day. However, we don't pay for the other teams meals, travel, accommodation etc. We also have a much smaller attendance!

When we hosted Walsall it took us over 6 weeks to close the accounts. Although we had everything budgeted, by the time we received the bills, things had altered. In some cases we had to query the bills and challenge them.

Now, TTFA only have to figure out how many tickets were sold for the Akeem Adams stand, but that will be in amongst the rest of the figures. It may have been possible to isolate this, and in hindsight, perhaps they should have done that, but I'm guessing that everything went to one person to finalise the figures and until the full accounts are finished no report will be made.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

???

Oho, I now understand.

Oh shoots, look she name dey...Susan Brown.  :)

Yeah, I was aware of your original, very prominent, somewhat TMI disclaimer. ;D But now I've learned, you have a friend named Susan Brown.

While we on this ... I suspect the prospect of surrendering "anonymity" had a dampening effect on some posters contributing to this cause, via this means.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile

I'm not so sure, Elan. I organise the Central F.C. home games and it's fairly easy to tie up the accounts next day. However, we don't pay for the other teams meals, travel, accommodation etc. We also have a much smaller attendance!

When we hosted Walsall it took us over 6 weeks to close the accounts. Although we had everything budgeted, by the time we received the bills, things had altered. In some cases we had to query the bills and challenge them.

Now, TTFA only have to figure out how many tickets were sold for the Akeem Adams stand, but that will be in amongst the rest of the figures. It may have been possible to isolate this, and in hindsight, perhaps they should have done that, but I'm guessing that everything went to one person to finalise the figures and until the full accounts are finished no report will be made.

I'm not talking about closing the account, but the accounting itself. By the end of the night you know how many people came through the door, how much each concession sold, merchandising, etc. You will know your main expenditures before hand (even though you may have to dispute some things), but you must know cash generated, money owed to you, money paid, money you owe, etc. Not that you will settle all these by the next work day, but you can give an accurate accounting of the financial side of the event.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I'm not talking about closing the account, but the accounting itself. By the end of the night you know how many people came through the door, how much each concession sold, merchandising, etc. You will know your main expenditures before hand (even though you may have to dispute some things), but you must know cash generated, money owed to you, money paid, money you owe, etc. Not that you will settle all these by the next work day, but you can give an accurate accounting of the financial side of the event.

It might be easy to determine how many tickets were sold overall, but I'm sure it took a couple days for them to figure out how many were sold from the special section.  As for the other fundraising ventures, there was merchandising that was being done separate from the event, that was also earmarked for the fundraiser, it's not just about the game itself.  Stuff was being sold internationally as well, I'm sure there'll be a cut-off at some point, but chances are they wanted to wait until they had the money from that as well so as to present one check (or lump sum) to the family. 

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bakes, I respect everyone's opinion. Did the TTFA have modest achievements? Yes.
Is a company's ability to pay its staff the least a worker should expect? I would say "yes" too.
My opinion is that after the TTFA has fulfilled this basic obligation to its staff, it can move on to the backslapping. It is two ways of looking at the same scenario and I won't pretend that my way is the right one. It is simply my opinion on the matter that the TTFA should be much more sensitive to its unpaid coaches.
Even under All Sports, we would get information on the financials involved for a game within a week. I asked at the last press conference as to why we still had not received anything for the match against Peru in February.
When does the TTFA do post-mortems on events? Does it take two weeks to know how many people were in attendance? Wouldn't they be keep abreast on tee-shirt sales? Does timeliness matter at all especially in the case of Akeem Adams?
Can this not be part of the transparency that this executive promised?
I know I can be pushy, nosy, demanding and ask intrusive questions that people would rather not answer, particularly those in power.
But that's my job.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFA contributes $72,300 to Akeem Adams Cause
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA Media)

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association will contribute a total of TT$72,300 to Akeem Adams on behalf of the Heart of a Warrior fund from income generated at the recent Friendly International Match between Trinidad and Tobago and New Zealand at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Following a meeting of the TTFA headquarters at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Tuesday, the match Local Organizing Committee revealed sales from the I Support Akeem shirts, produced by Native Spirit, generated a total of TT$50,000.

The final attendance was 10,166 including 446 purchased Akeem Adams tickets. From each Akeem Adams ticket, $50 will be directed to assist Akeem and his family. 

TTFA President Raymond Tim Kee said he is pleased the TTFA could make such a contribution to the ailing player who is still recovering from a serious heart attack suffered several weeks ago.

“We made a commitment to the cause and have been able to make a substantial contribution towards the fund from proceeds realized from the New Zealand match. It is our hope that young Akeem and his family will benefit in some way from this contribution and know that we will continue to do what we can to assist in his recovery,” Tim Kee stated.

The TTFA will like to encourage fans to donate to the Akeem Adams Royal Bank account in which the TTFA will make a direct deposit of the earnings from the recent match. Those wishing to continue their contributions can do so at any RBC branch under the account name;  Ancilla Dick-Adams (Mother) at account number #100085172658914.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association will contribute a total of TT$72,300 to Akeem Adams on behalf of the Heart of a Warrior fund from income generated at the recent Friendly International Match between Trinidad and Tobago and New Zealand at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Following a meeting of the TTFA headquarters at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Tuesday, the match Local Organizing Committee revealed sales from the I Support Akeem shirts, produced by Native Spirit, generated a total of TT$50,000.

The final attendance was 10,166 including 446 purchased Akeem Adams tickets. From each Akeem Adams ticket, $50 will be directed to assist Akeem and his family. 

TTFA President Raymond Tim Kee said he is pleased the TTFA could make such a contribution to the ailing player who is still recovering from a serious heart attack suffered several weeks ago.

“We made a commitment to the cause and have been able to make a substantial contribution towards the fund from proceeds realized from the New Zealand match. It is our hope that young Akeem and his family will benefit in some way from this contribution and know that we will continue to do what we can to assist in his recovery,” Tim Kee stated.

The TTFA will like to encourage fans to donate to the Akeem Adams Royal Bank account in which the TTFA will make a direct deposit of the earnings from the recent match. Those wishing to continue their contributions can do so at any RBC branch under the account name;  Ancilla Dick-Adams (Mother) at account number #100085172658914.

Well, that's not a bad figure. TTFA can only offer options, if only 446 people care, what can you do? The good news is that along with sw.net, Akeems family will have nearly TT$85k to get by on.

But we mustn't forget that it doesn't end here. This is just the start of the beginning for Akeem.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bakes, I respect everyone's opinion. Did the TTFA have modest achievements? Yes.
Is a company's ability to pay its staff the least a worker should expect? I would say "yes" too.
My opinion is that after the TTFA has fulfilled this basic obligation to its staff, it can move on to the backslapping. It is two ways of looking at the same scenario and I won't pretend that my way is the right one. It is simply my opinion on the matter that the TTFA should be much more sensitive to its unpaid coaches.
Even under All Sports, we would get information on the financials involved for a game within a week. I asked at the last press conference as to why we still had not received anything for the match against Peru in February.
When does the TTFA do post-mortems on events? Does it take two weeks to know how many people were in attendance? Wouldn't they be keep abreast on tee-shirt sales? Does timeliness matter at all especially in the case of Akeem Adams?
Can this not be part of the transparency that this executive promised?
I know I can be pushy, nosy, demanding and ask intrusive questions that people would rather not answer, particularly those in power.
But that's my job.

Appreciate your response... but frankly, this last bolded part has been the most enigmatic for me, having observed your contributions over the years.  I don't know WHAT is your job... and to be honest, I'm not sure that you yourself know.  Are you reporting news or offering opinion?  Because they cannot be one in the same.  I guess if you subscribe to the Glen Grunwald school of 'journalism' you can report the news with an inherent bias or with an undercurrent of advocacy, but you reporting on the TTFA should not be influenced by whether they paid their coaches or not.  In my not-so-humble opinion you wrote about the pay impasse months ago, then wrote about it some more... and if you want to keep writing about it then fine.  But don't let that color your perspective when you cover other unrelated stories.  It would seem that you have confirmed what seemed apparent, that you have an axe to grind with them and I don't think thats the most professional way to carry out your functions as a journalist. 

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Well-done to the TTFA... under the old TTFF Jack would have written a check himself, hog the spotlight then keep reminding everyone how worthless the government is and that if not for him nobody would contribute.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
$25 of the $100 for the T-shirt has gone 2 Akeem Adams.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Well-done to the TTFA... under the old TTFF Jack would have written a check himself, hog the spotlight then keep reminding everyone how worthless the government is and that if not for him nobody would contribute.

Personally, I feel Lasana is in a difficult position. An editor will always express the party line of the newspaper owners and will often slant the critique in a way that follows that policy. Lasana is owner, editor and reporter. I guess sometimes it may be difficult to take off one of those hats. Maybe there should be a Wired editorial where he could express the views of the owner? But then, I suppose he does this by posting in the Mr Live Wire section?

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Native Spirit sends quarter of tee-shirt proceeds to Akeem
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) announced today that it has raised $72,300 for former two-time World Youth Cup defender Akeem Adams from the sale of Native Spirit “I Support Akeem” tee-shirts and tickets sold for the “Akeem Adams section” in the mid-October international between Trinidad and Tobago and New Zealand at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain.

Crucially, TTFA press officer Shaun Fuentes revealed this evening, on I95.5 FM talk show “The Fearless One”, that only quarter of the money raised from tee-shirt sales went to the Akeem Adams “Heart of a Warrior” fund.

Native Spirit, according to the TTFA, sold 2,000 tee-shirts, which suggested that $200,000 exchanged hands between the company and members of the public.

But the TTFA revealed that just $50,000 raised from the sale of tee-shirts will go to the ailing footballer, who is fighting for his life in Budapest after suffering a massive heart attack last month.

“The TTFA never said that full proceeds would go to Akeem Adams,” Fuentes told the I95.5 FM programme, which was hosted by Andre Baptiste and also featured the Wired868 editor.

Fuentes admitted the TTFA did not inform the public, via the media or otherwise, that only “part proceeds” would go to the player. And he claimed that the TTFA did not know what percentage from the sale of tee-shirts would go to the player, even as it urged supporters to buy the Native Spirit product at a press conference on 3 October 2013.

The TTFA’s admission led to numerous calls from persons incensed that such a small portion of their contribution, via shirt sales, went to the “Soca Warrior.”

However, Fuentes did not concede that the public should have been told beforehand exactly how much of their contribution would go to the 22-year-old Adams.

The TTFA also claimed today that the final attendance for the New Zealand friendly was 10,166 with 446 tickets purchased for the Akeem Adams section.

It meant that the TTFA collected $55,750 in the player’s name on match day with 40 percent of that money, or $22,300, eventually going to aid the former Presentation College (San Fernando) student’s recovery from a devastating heart attack.

Unlike with the Native Spirit arrangement, patrons were aware of how much money from each ticket sold for the New Zealand match would go to the player.

TTFA president Raymond Tim Kee said he was pleased with the contribution from the local football body.

“We made a commitment to the cause and have been able to make a substantial contribution towards the fund from proceeds realized from the New Zealand match,” stated Tim Kee. “It is our hope that young Akeem and his family will benefit in some way from this contribution and know that we will continue to do what we can to assist in his recovery.”

Together, the TTFA and Native Spirit raised $255,750 in Akeem Adams’ name; $72,300 from that money is earmarked for the player while $183,450 went to either local organisation.

At present, Adams, who is an employee of Hungarian team Ferencvarosi, is in the ICU of the Vasmajori Heart Clinic where he continues to fight for his life after a massive heart attack.

Adams, according to his uncle Ivan Dick, is said to be resting comfortably and his condition is stabilizing. However, he is not yet strong enough to undergo a heart transplant, which is crucial to his recovery.

Those wishing to contribute directly to Adams can do so at any RBC branch through his mother, Ancilla Dick, at account number #100085172658914.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 04:25:31 PM by Bakes »

1]; } ?>