March 28, 2024, 05:04:33 PM

Author Topic: Akeem Adams Thread.  (Read 79343 times)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Update from Hungary about Akeem
« Reply #300 on: November 02, 2013, 02:19:38 PM »
 :beermug: :beermug:
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Update from Hungary about Akeem
« Reply #301 on: November 02, 2013, 02:29:32 PM »
 :applause: :beermug:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Shame on you who misconstrued "charity" and "benefit" to mean ALL or MAJORITY of the funds would go towards the kid...........fire bun TTFA and Native Spirits.........big jokes

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Native Spirit set to reveal costs for “I Support Akeem”
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) general secretary Sheldon Phillips said that he expects to receive a full breakdown of costs from Native Spirit for the production of “I Support Akeem” tee-shirts by Monday.

Both organisations came in for criticism on the social media since Wired868 and I95.5 FM revealed, on Thursday night, that just $25 from every $100 shirt purchase would go to assist 22-year-old footballer Akeem Adams, who is fighting for his life in Hungary after suffering a massive heart attack in late September.

However, Phillips sought to assure the public that the TTFA did not pocket a cent from the sale of tee-shirts.

“The cost to produce the shirt is what we are waiting on now,” Phillips told Wired868. “If it turns out that cost is not bonafide and more could have been sent Akeem’s way, that is something Native Spirit will have to answer to.

“But it is important to reserve judgment until we see those figures.”

He insisted that the local football body operated throughout with Adams’ best interests at heart.

“We did what we could to contribute and help the player,” said Phillips. “That is something that should be recognised and we should be getting some credit for. To hear people calling into question our motives is definitely unfortunate.”

“All the funds went directly to Native Spirit and at the end of the day all we got was a cheque for $50,000… We are not in the tee-shirt business; this was a Native Spirit initiative…

“People may see that as making excuses but that is the reality.”

Thus far, there is no suggestion of illegal behaviour from the TTFA or Native Spirit.

Crucially, it was the TTFA and not Native Spirit who told the public that all proceeds would go to the Ferencvarosi defender and former two-time Trinidad and Tobago World Youth Cup player, Adams.

This turned out to be untrue although the TTFA is yet to make an unqualified apology for its misinformation.

Phillips preferred to focus on Native Spirit’s role in the controversy.

He told Wired868 that Native Spirit managing director Bruce Kaufman offered the TTFA a cost breakdown when production started early last month, which was accepted by the football body. Among those expenses, according to the general secretary, were unspecified administrative costs.

He admitted that the TTFA only requested more details after the Wired868 report on Friday.

“As soon as the story broke, I called them and said we really need a very detailed cost breakdown,” said Phillips. “We asked them to include VAT and we will see if we can get a VAT refund. If we do, every penny from that will go to the fund as well.”

Kaufman, who spoke to Wired868 on Friday, could not be reached for comment today.

Phillips was non-committal when asked if the TTFA should have insisted on a complete cost breakdown before it committed to the project.

“We were in the middle of ramping up for the (New Zealand) game and we felt we would address the issue after the match and analyse it in more detail then,” said Phillips. “Hindsight is 20/20… When we initially discussed the idea, no one knew how many shirts would be printed up and how much the costs were going to be. And we had the added strain of getting a game on within 10 days.

“If we had a bit more time to plan, I think things would have been done differently. But this is the context of the environment in which we were working (at the time).”

He reiterated, though, that any suggestion of dishonesty was unfair and urged members of the public to reserve judgment until Native Spirit provided a cost breakdown.

“If it turns out that the cost breakdown doesn’t stand up with the figures that they showed us before, that is something they will have to answer to,” said Phillips. “We are not in the tee-shirt business. This was a Native Spirit initiative…

“People may see that as making excuses but that is the reality… It is very, very important to convey that there is no sort of skullduggery in our approach.

“No one is trying to make a buck off Akeem; that would be unconscionable.”

The TTFA raised $72,230 for Adams with $50,000 from the “I Support Akeem” tee-shirts and $22,230 from the “Akeem Adams section” for Trinidad and Tobago’s international friendly against New Zealand on October 15.

However, Native Spirit claimed to sell 2,000 shirts, which meant that it collected $200,000 from well-wishers; while the TTFA said that 446 persons purchased tickets for the “Akeem Adams section”, which suggested total revenue of $55,750. It means that Adams will receive $72,300 from $255,750 raised in his name by the TTFA and Native Spirit.

TTFA president Raymond Tim Kee, who is set to be unveiled as the new Port of Spain mayor, referred to the $72,300 figure as “a substantial contribution” last Thursday.

But, yesterday, “Soca Warriors” manager David Muhammad referred to the sum as “disrespectful to the Adams family.”

“It is a shame that so much public love, concern, support and best wishes poured out from the public in the form of the sales of maybe 1000s of T-shirts at $100 each,” stated Muhammad, on his Facebook page, “and all that could have been given to the family was under TT$73,000. It is also disrespectful to the Adams family for so much money to be raised in their son’s name and for capitalist greed to take priority over sincere generosity…

“If I had known that only $25 per jersey was going to Akeem I would have never bought as many T-shirts as I did.”

Thus far, the player’s family has received an unspecified donation from his former school, Presentation College (San Fernando) while, on Friday, the Soca Warriors Online football fans’ site handed over a $12,000 cheque for the “Soca Warrior” to Adams’ local manager, Dion Sosa.

Local Pro League team DIRECTV W Connection also offered its Digicel Charity Shield winnings of $10,000 to Adams although the Pro League has not yet transferred the money.

Well-wishers who want to donate money directly to the player can do so by walking into any RBC branch and depositing money for Ancilla Dick at account number #100085172658914.

Editor’s Note: The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) has advised that it did receive a full financial breakdown from Native Spirit with regards to the “I Support Akeem” venture and the football body will make a statement shortly.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 04:23:46 PM by Bakes »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Native Spirit set to reveal costs for “I Support Akeem”

----
Thus far, there is no suggestion of illegal behaviour from the TTFA or Native Spirit.

Yuh right, no "suggestion of illegal behaviour"... just insinuations of impropriety from you and from others.

Crucially, it was the TTFA and not Native Spirit who told the public that all proceeds would go to the Ferencvarosi defender and former two-time Trinidad and Tobago World Youth Cup player, Adams.
This turned out to be untrue although the TTFA is yet to make an unqualified apology for its misinformation.

Fishing for an issue where there is none.  Anybody with sense should implicitly understand that "all proceeds" used in context means whatever profit (i.e after costs) would be forwarded to the family.  Clearly the TTFA not in a position to be absorbing cost or to even make a donation.  It would be overly ambitious to expect Native Spirit to absorb the loss... that makes no business sens when they could just make a donation instead.  In hindsight I bet both them and the TTFA wish that is what they'd done instead.  Rather than accept that a simple misunderstanding or miscommunication occurred you here parsing words and calling for apology.  As the saying goes, no good deed goes unpunished.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Muhammad: TTFA jersey deal ‘disrespectful’
T&T Newsday Reports.

DAVID MUHAMMAD, the Trinidad and Tobago football team manager, has slammed his employees, the TT Football Association (TTFA), for the amount of monies contributed to stricken ex-national footballer Akeem Adams, on behalf of the Heart of a Warrior Fund.

The 22-year-old Adams is currently fighting for his life at the Intensive Care Unit of the Vasmajori Heart Clinic in Budapest, Hungary, after suffering a massive heart attack on September 25, while he subsequently had his left leg amputated on October 7 due to necrosis.

The TTFA, in a media release on Thursday, noted that it contributed $72,300 towards the fund “from income generated at the (October 15) friendly international match between Trinidad and Tobago and New Zealand at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo.”

The media release continued, “sales from the ‘I Support Akeem’ shirts, produced by Native Spirit, generated a total of $50,000”.

But, on a radio talk show on I95.5 FM on Thursday evening, TTFA media officer Shaun Fuentes reportedly revealed that only a quarter of the sum raised from the t-shirt sales went to the Fund.

If calculations are made, with $50,000 being quarter of the sum raised, then a total of $200,000 arose from the sale of t-shirts (which was priced at $100 each).

However the TTFA, in another media release, on October 6 (under the headline “Heart of a Warrior t-shirts go on sale”), it was disclosed that “the t-shirts will be sold at a cost of $100 with all proceeds going towards the Heart of a Warrior Fund.”

Muhammad, on his Facebook page, has condemned the lack of transparency, particularly by the local governing body.

“It is a shame that so much public love, concern, support and best wishes poured out from the public in the form of the sales of maybe (thousands) of t-shirts at $100 each and all that could have been given to the family was under $73,000,” he wrote. “It is also disrespectful to the Adams family for so much money to be raised in their son’s name and for greed to take priority over sincere generosity.

“I don’t think this would have been done to a more high profile player,” he expressed.

Muhammad, who is also a talk show host, added, “if I had known that only $25 per jersey was going to Akeem I would have never bought as many t-shirts as I did and I would have done what I will do now, and that is to make a deposit at any RBC bank in the account of Ancilla Dick- account number #1000-851-7265-8914.”

He ended his post by stating, “please continue to support Akeem Adams!!!”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I like how people standing up for the TTFA but if this was the past admin (JW/Camps) it would have been the biggest coruption in our Football.

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
No apology: TTFA denies responsibility for Akeem controversy

Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) general secretary Sheldon Phillips said on Saturday that the football body would do some things differently in its fundraising effort for 22-year-old former two-time World Youth Cup player Akeem Adams.

But Phillips stopped short of apologising for the TTFA’s role in the controversy, which ignited on Thursday night when Wired868 and I95.5 FM revealed that only a quarter of the proceeds from Native Spirit’s “I Support Akeem” tee-shirts will go to Adams.

Adams, who joined Hungarian team Ferencvarosi in August, is in ICU at the Varosmajori Heart Clinic in Budapest after suffering a massive heart attack in late September. The Point Fortin native had his left leg amputated last month and is still not strong enough for a heart transplant.

The TTFA told the public, via a press release on October 6, that all proceeds raised through the sale of the $100 tee-shirts would go to the former Presentation College (San Fernando) schoolboy.

But, when it emerged that only $25 per shirt would be given to Adams, TTFA press officer Shaun Fuentes tried to distance himself from the scandal and told I95.5 FM host Andre Baptiste and Wired868 that he never said all proceeds were due to the player.

Fuentes, according to Phillips, supposedly told his employer that he had only made the “error” on his Facebook page, which he later corrected.

However, Wired868 subsequently proved Fuentes was incorrect and a TTFA release to the media, on 6 October 2013, stated that the full $100 would go the player. No TTFA release was ever made to atone for that error.

Despite seeing a copy of the TTFA release on Saturday, Phillips still declined to apologise and asked for more time to choose his response.

“If a press release was sent out, then it should have been corrected via a press release,” said Phillips. “If it turns out that a correction wasn’t made and we should have made it then we will certainly make a statement about that.”

Phillips was non-committal too when asked if the TTFA should have insisted on a complete cost breakdown from Native Spirit and assessed the viability of the “I Support Akeem” venture before it committed to the project.

“We were in the middle of ramping up for the (New Zealand) game and we felt we would address the issue after the match and analyse it in more detail then,” said Phillips. “Hindsight is 20/20… When we initially discussed the idea, no one knew how many shirts would be printed up and how much the costs were going to be. And we had the added strain of getting a game on within 10 days.

“If we had a bit more time to plan, I think things would have been done differently. But this is the context of the environment in which we were working (at the time).”

However, “Soca Warriors” manager David Muhammad slammed the TTFA’s “Heart of a Warrior” donation as “disrespectful to the Adams family.”

Read More

« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 08:33:25 AM by Flex »

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I get the sense that the TTFA does not feel a real need to apologize because they not in the business of manufacturing jerseys or stadium management (akeem adams section fiasco)... However at the end of the day the TTFA had responsibility for managing the event and that means apologizing for all the mishaps... Didn't Obama apologize for the healthcare website fiasco?!! I'm sure he's not the one writting the code.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
FS, where de pictures from de SWO presentation?

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I like how people standing up for the TTFA but if this was the past admin (JW/Camps) it would have been the biggest coruption in our Football.

Shut to hell up! yuh rel annoying dred.
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Shut to hell up! yuh rel annoying dred.
   I am guessing like u want to shut me up,is i have the website clicking when the day comes  :rotfl:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 02:49:09 PM by Tallman »

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
How yuh shakin Sosa hand wit so much trepidation

Ah know he eh de most likeable fellah, but is for a good cause :D...next time, strong grip ;)
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Good work FS, Sosa and Liburd...

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: SWO is seeking $upport for Akeem.
« Reply #316 on: November 05, 2013, 06:24:13 PM »
Below is the transaction receipt for the bank deposit that was made.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
Re: SWO is seeking $upport for Akeem.
« Reply #317 on: November 05, 2013, 06:41:59 PM »
Blessings!!!!
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
How yuh shakin Sosa hand wit so much trepidation

Ah know he eh de most likeable fellah, but is for a good cause :D...next time, strong grip ;)

He's an agent...hadda count my fingers after the handshake lol. No offence, Dion!!

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFA apologises; but no figures for “I Support Akeem”

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) today finally apologised for its role in the “I Support Akeem” tee-shirt controversy, which was part of its “Heart of a Warrior” fund-raising drive for 22-year-old Ferencvarosi defender and former two-time Trinidad and Tobago World Youth Cup player, Akeem Adams.

The TTFA told the public that “all proceeds” from the $100 Native Spirit-produced tee-shirts would go to Adams, who is in ICU at the Vasmajori Heart Clinic in Budapest after suffering a massive heart attack in late September.

However, the football body revealed, last week Thursday, that only $25 from each shirt would go to Adams.

TTFA press officer Shaun Fuentes initially denied that the football body said all proceeds would go to the player before admitting, later, that it was an oversight on his part. However, general secretary Sheldon Phillips was slow to acknowledge his organisation’s role in the confusion.

But, after five days, the TTFA finally conceded today that it had done the public a disservice in its communication over the “I Support Akeem” venture.

“The TTFA is sorry and would like to express its regret over any confusion caused by inconsistent communication,” stated an unsigned TTFA release, from the office of the general secretary, “regarding the amount of the sales price directed to the fund supporting Akeem.

“In hindsight, a follow up release expressly stating the amount going to the fund from T-shirt sales should have been produced.”

Phillips said, over the weekend, that a cost itemisation from Native Spirit would be key to defusing the controversy and the onus was on the clothing company to explain why it cost $75 to produce and sell each tee-shirt.

“If it turns out that the cost breakdown doesn’t stand up with the figures that they showed us before, that is something they will have to answer to,” Phillips told Wired868 on Saturday.

Today, the TTFA said that it has accepted Native Spirit’s financial breakdown for the production and sale of the tee-shirts and thanked the company for its “contribution to the effort.”

The TTFA insisted that there was no suggestion of improper profiteering by Native Spirit.

“Based on third party confirmation of costs associated with the production of the shirts, the donation provided by the T-shirt sales was appropriate,” stated the TTFA, “and we respectfully deny any claims of profiteering.

“As purchasers would attest, the quality of the T-shirt and especially the print is exceptional. Instead of passing along an item of lesser quality, the TTFA sought to ensure our brand would adorn items of an excellent standard.”

Crucially, the TTFA has not made public the cost of production or sale of the “I Support Akeem” tee-shirts, which Native Spirit presented to the football body on Monday. And there is no explanation as to why it cost $150,000 to produce shirts that were sold for $200,000.

Phillips is out of the country at present as he attended the CONCACAF Under-20 World Cup qualifying draw in the Cayman Islands last night. He acknowledged receipt of a Wired868 email which requested further figures from the Native Spirit venture but did not provide further details up to the time of publication.

Native Spirit managing director Bruce Kaufman was said to be “unavailable” and then “not here” when Wired868 called the company for clarification.

The TTFA will hold a press conference from 2 pm on Friday at the All Out restaurant in which it will give details on its upcoming friendly international matches against Jamaica on November 15 and 19. The football body said it would take follow-up questions on the Adams venture there.

Well-wishers who would like to donate to Adams can do so with a direct donation to the RBC account of his mother, Ancilla Adams, which is #100085172658914.

Despite the controversy, the TTFA revealed that Native Spirit continues to sell the “I Support Akeem” tee-shirts and the football body urged supporters to continue buying them.

“The TTFA is proud to have played a role in providing a quality product to support a noble cause in a relatively short space in time,” stated the TTFA, “and would like to thank Native Spirit for its contribution to the effort.

“It is our sincere hope the public will continue to come to the aid of Akeem and his family; whether through direct donation to the RBC Account set in the name of Akeem’s Mother, Ancilla Adams (Acct # 1000- 851-726-5891) or through the purchase of the T-shirts; which raises awareness of Akeem’s fight and provides the wearer of the shirt an opportunity to show their support for a national athlete.”
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 08:43:15 PM by Bakes »

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Is Hungary showing Akeem move love than T&T? And what should we do about it...
« Reply #320 on: November 06, 2013, 04:23:49 PM »
Letter to the Editor:
Hungary is outdoing T&T Gov't, private sector and citizens in showing love for Akeem Adams
(By Kevin Harrison)

Letter to the Editor:

I am writing to express my disappointment in the support offered so far to Akeem Adams, the 22-year-old national footballer who suffered a massive heart attack in Hungary, where he plays for Ferencvarosi.

After the removal of his damaged heart, Akeem was placed in a coma while being fitted with an artificial heart. As Akeem battled for life, he developed circulatory problems, which lead to another life-saving operation and resulted in the removal of his left leg below the knee.

Akeem is still fighting to rebuild his strength in order to undergo a heart transplant.

Akeem’s club, Ferencvarosi, has behaved impeccably, covering all medical costs and flying out Akeem’s mother, Ancilla, and brother, Akini, to Hungary. The club even went as far as to invite Akini, a goalkeeper with Point Fortin Civic, to train with its first team to maintain his fitness (but also, I suspect, to help relieve the stress of sitting by a hospitable bedside).

The support in Hungary for Akeem has been wonderful with supporters from other clubs, some of whom are fierce rivals of Ferencvarosi, donating not just money but blood.

In contrast, what has Akeem’s home nation done to support him?

Certainly, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) moved quickly to get behind their fallen warrior. General Secretary, Sheldon Phillips, rushed to announce that there would be special tee-shirts available and a section of Hasely Crawford Stadium would generate funds for Akeem at the Trinidad and Tobago versus New Zealand international game.

There has been controversy surrounding this fundraising effort, which saw $72,300 raised by TTFA. The questions concerning the tee-shirt sales will be dealt with elsewhere, but the effort to raise these funds should not be discounted. For who else has taken the time to support Akeem?

DIRECTV W Connection, one of Akeems’ former employers, donated their $10,000 prize money from the Pro League’s Digicel Charity Shield match. The SocaWarriors.net website, a gathering place for local and overseas T&T football supporters, presented a $12,000 cheque to Akeem’s agent, Dion Sosa, which was money raised by individual donations from across the globe.

Central FC, Akeem’s last domestic club before his move to Hungary, will present a cheque this weekend for $15,000, which is money donated by the players from their First Citizens Cup winners’ bonus and matched by coach Terry Fenwick and the club management.

Central FC has also offered to create a salaried position with the club, funded by their main sponsor, SIS, for Akeem, once he returns to good health, and should he choose to accept it.

A trust fund has been created and there have been some individual donations plus promises from some corporate entities, but that’s it.

Just $110,000 raised for a young lad fighting for his life halfway across the globe.

He is our kinsman who represented us in over 100 youth international football matches, and seven full internationals; a young player on the cusp of becoming a regular in the senior team, yet he is receiving more support and, yes, more love from Hungarians who he has known for less than six months.

Where is the government? Where is corporate Trinidad and Tobago?

We are very quick to reward winners, swamping them with cash and medals and houses and a plethora of freebies. And don’t get me wrong, those people who fly our flag high in foreign fields deserve to be rewarded. But there must be some balance.

We cannot tell our children that winning is all. Playing the game is the most important factor and winning is a bonus.

I don’t advocate prizes for coming last, but dedicating your life to the pursuit of excellence does deserve some recognition.

And when we have a fallen soldier, like Akeem, we must reach out.

It is shocking and perhaps distasteful to say this but, if Akeem had died that day, I’m betting we would have seen an outpouring of sympathy from politicians and businesses fighting to outdo the next with their commiserations and bottomless charity.

Well, Akeem ain’t dead, coz he’s a fighter. We built him that way, infused with the warrior spirit, fueled by soca, calypso and pan in his blood.

But he needs help now.  So let’s see some action.

It doesn’t have to be money; get inventive!

Why hasn’t Digicel or bMobile sent Akeem’s family free call cards? How much must it be costing for the daily transatlantic phone calls, not just to pass news, but to maintain the ordinary day to day commitments of family life?

Has the Department of Health contacted the medical staff in Hungary? Can we provide blood? A donor heart?

Has anybody asked?

Who has visited Akeem in hospital to represent the Trinidad and Tobago government? Anyone?

There are dozens of Trini footballers living in Europe, many of them teammates of Akeem. Has the Ministry of Sport asked one of those players to visit Akeem and send our love? Why hasn’t one of our ambassadors in Europe made contact?

What about our national pride and diplomacy? Surely our Prime Minister could find time to make a call to Hungarian President, János Áder, thanking him for his country’s love and support for Akeem?

Let us get off our butts, be creative and find ways to show the support of our nation for our fallen son. Let us show the world that we won’t abandon our warriors.

Akeem may be far away, but let him remain in our thoughts until we can bring him back home.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 08:47:06 PM by Bakes »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ferencvarosi has gone the extra mile on this... really heartening to see the support both the Club and its fans have shown Akeem  :beermug:

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Can see one here!

http://wired868.com/2013/11/02/native-spirit-set-to-reveal-costs-for-i-support-akeem/

Hey wait a minute. That cheque only saying $12,000?! I thought $12,300 was raised. SWO where de money gone???  ;)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Can see one here!

http://wired868.com/2013/11/02/native-spirit-set-to-reveal-costs-for-i-support-akeem/

Hey wait a minute. That cheque only saying $12,000?! I thought $12,300 was raised. SWO where de money gone???  ;)

Before anyone casts rumours, I wasn't the third party who got the $300 lol

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Can see one here!

Before anyone casts rumours, I wasn't the third party who got the $300 lol

The cheque was made before we got the conversion so we got 12300. As u saw the receipt showed that 12300 was deposited
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
TTFA ‘sorry’ for miscommunication over Akeem funds.
T&T Express Reports.

Miscommunication, not profiteering.

That’s how the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) has described the issue of its fundraising for ailing footballer Akeem Adams, specifically through the “I Support Akeem!” T-shirt sales, conducted in conjunction with Native Spirit.

The Association, via press release yesterday, stated that the proceeds of $50,000 received from the T-shirt sales--reported as 25 per cent of the funds generated was “appropriate”, given the cost of producing the T-shirts and their quality.

In all, between T-shirts sales and tickets sold from the special fundraising section at last month’s T&T versus New Zealand friendly international at Hasely Crawford Stadium, the “Heart of a Warrior” fund set up for Adams raised $72,300 for the hospitalised footballer.

It apologised, though, for not issuing a timely statement to address the issue.

“Firstly, the TTFA is sorry and would like to express its regret over any confusion caused by inconsistent communication regarding the amount of the sales price directed to the fund supporting Akeem.”

yesterday’s release stated. “In hindsight, a follow-up release expressly stating the amount going to the fund from T-shirt sales should have been produced.

“While the TTFA regrets the unintended miscommunication, it is important to state that based on third party confirmation of costs associated with the production of the shirts, the donation provided by the T-shirt sales was appropriate and we respectfully deny any claims of profiteering.”

The Association also described the “quality of the T-shirt, and especially the print” as “exceptional”, and said that the TTFA, in partnering with Native Spirit, had sought to ensure its brand was placed on “items of an excellent standard”.

The Association also said it was grateful for the public’s support of Adams.

The release added: “The TTFA is proud to have played a role in providing a quality product to support a noble cause in a relatively short space in time and would like to thank Native Spirit for its contribution to the effort.”

It also added that it would like the public to continue to support the player, who is still in hospital in Hungary awaiting a life-saving heart transplant after suffering a massive heart attack late in September as a player for the Farencvaros club in that country.

Patrons can do so through direct donation to an RBC account (Account No. 1000-851-726-5891) in the name of Adams’s mother, Ancilla Adams, or by purchasing “I Support Akeem!” T-shirts.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 03:13:20 AM by Flex »

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Association also described the “quality of the T-shirt, and especially the print” as “exceptional”, and said that the TTFA, in partnering with Native Spirit, had sought to ensure its brand was placed on “items of an excellent standard”.

:banginghead:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

:banginghead:

Why the headbanging? I find the statement acceptable. We have had several disasters where we have produced T shirts and the item has lost shape after one wash or the print has washed off after a few washes. I don't have a TTFA T shirt, but by all accounts, the quality is very good. Also, I would add, the sw.net T shirt I have had for 5 years, while fading now, still has perfect print. If TTFA had opted for a cheaper product, we would have ripped into them for that. 

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
FS, yuh see how the TTFA move with what should have been a transparent fundraising campaign? maybe yuh see why i don't believe is a new day in t&t football until i see more proof.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FS, yuh see how the TTFA move with what should have been a transparent fundraising campaign? maybe yuh see why i don't believe is a new day in t&t football until i see more proof.

Ribbit, I have always campaigned for transparency and accountability, and if I believe that anybody at TTFA are attempting to repeat past performances, I will be the first to call for their heads.

But look at this current situation. TTFA buy the shirts for $75 and sell them for $100 and people want transparency. WTF? They made an error by using the word proceed instead of profit. So now what? You want to see a breakdown of every phone called made to arrange the product? Every staple used, the cost of each email? The delivery cost, packaging? Setting up the booth, paying the sales people, making signs?

Yet, the very same complainers allowed former administrators walk away with hundreds of millions of dollars without a raised eyebrow.

Now I know because of the previous atrocities we're all being extra vigilant, and rightly so, but give the man a break nah. He has been more open and responsive that the previous mottley crew. He's still becoming acclimatized to the paranoia and mistrust created by his predecessors.

Be watchful, yes, but also be realistic. A good man will learn from mistakes so let's watch and see.

1]; } ?>