March 29, 2024, 04:13:02 AM

Author Topic: Akeem Adams Thread.  (Read 79356 times)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Good post FS
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
:banginghead: because it still does not make sense to me.........I have little to no patience for nonsense.........and in this day and age this entire fiasco is nonsense being perpetrated by individuals who are suppose to be our most educated and business oriented nah man........transparency for me is the bank slip that SW posted in the thread........transparency is Native Spirit showing documentation of what is being claimed..........not a delayed double talking media response from TTFA.........I think people would have been satisfied with a cheaper product knowing that the majority of what they contributed went directly to the kid

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
No good deed goes unpunished  :beermug:

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Steups... if it was a cheaper product... dey woulda bawl they skimp on the product to tief production costs
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Steups... if it was a cheaper product... dey woulda bawl they skimp on the product to tief production costs

ent

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
No good deed goes unpunished  :beermug:

To pinch a phrase COSIGNNNNN

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
 :banginghead: @ production cost that will probably never be revealed..........the way this whole scene play out is very typical of the frustrations that people in T&T deal with on a daily basis........you know.......we will do this and dat to you and eh a damn ting yuh could do about it.........advantage

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
:banginghead: @ production cost that will probably never be revealed..........the way this whole scene play out is very typical of the frustrations that people in T&T deal with on a daily basis........you know.......we will do this and dat to you and eh a damn ting yuh could do about it.........advantage

The TTFA will hold a press conference from 2 pm on Friday at the All Out restaurant in which it will give details on its upcoming friendly international matches against Jamaica on November 15 and 19. The football body said it would take follow-up questions on the Adams venture there.

http://wired868.com/2013/11/06/ttfa-apologises-but-no-figures-for-i-support-akeem/

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Native Spirit defends cost of Akeem Adams T-shirts.
By Kalifa Sarah Clyne (Guardian).

No profit was made on Akeem Adams T-shirts, says Bruce Kauffman, Owner of Native Spirit, the local clothing producer who produced the 2,000 “I Support Akeem!” T-shirts sold to raise money for the ailing T&T footballer.

Kauffman broke his silence yesterday in an interview with the T&T Guardian after there was public criticism owing to misinformation about the sale of T-shirts as part of the “Heart of a Warrior” charity drive.

Adams, 22, who appeared twice for this country at the Youth World Cup, had a heart attack in September, then had to have his lower left leg amputated.

He is in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of a clinic in Hungary, where he had been playing as a defender for the Ferencvarosi club.

At this country’s international friendly football match against New Zealand on October 15, Native Spirit, in partnership with the T&T Football Association (TTFA), provided T-shirts for sale to benefit a fund set up to assist Adams.

T-shirts were also sold at Native Spirit outlets for $100.

In an interview yesterday, Kauffman expressed disappointment that something meant to be charitable had turned into a controversy that was ugly and muddied with suspicion.

“We made a substantial commitment to helping Akeem and we did it very quickly. Who else in Government or privately responded?” he asked.

Kauffman, who was hesitant to speak to the media, said lack of information and understanding of production costs and selling and distribution costs were behind the suspicion aimed at his business and the TTFA.

It was reported that 2000 T-shirts were sold and $72,300 was generated from sales.

Since that revelation, supporters have expressed shock that only a portion of the proceeds went to Adams.

The TTFA had initially said all proceeds from sales would go to him, but later issued a release saying only 25 per cent would be contributed.

“The initial agreement was that Native Spirit would produce the T-shirts and that $25 would go to the TTFA for Akeem’s fund,” Kauffman said.

“We did the shirt at cost. Everything was agreed to be done at cost (price). There were production costs, selling and distribution costs and Vat.”

Kauffman said Native Spirit also handled the distribution of the T-shirts, including event costs for the football game, tent rentals, staffing and other expenses.

“I am concerned that the real message is not coming through. We were and still are trying to help Akeem.

“The message should be the positive side. We were trying to do something good.”

Kauffman said it was unfortunate that patrons were under a false impression about the T-shirts.

“I spent countless hours working on this project that we finished in a short space of time. My staff spent countless hours working. You are talking about a big effort.”

Kauffman said the response to the T-shirts had been great and overwhelming and people should look at the bigger message of coming together to help Adams. Costs per T-shirt sold at $100.

Kauffman said the actual cost of an I Support Akeem T-shirt was $87, as $13 was attributed to Vat. A total of $25 was contributed to the fund for Akeem Adams.

The production cost per T-shirt amounted to $40, including the T-shirts, printing, screens, colour separation and use of seven colours on each T-shirt.

Selling and distribution costs per T-shirt amounted to $22. This covered staff and event costs, transportation, Linx fees, rental of wireless Linx machines, tent rentals and other expenses.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Dumplingdinho

anybody who really thought all $100 would be going to Akeem is simply ah dunce.  talk done.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
FS, yuh see how the TTFA move with what should have been a transparent fundraising campaign? maybe yuh see why i don't believe is a new day in t&t football until i see more proof.

Ribbit, I have always campaigned for transparency and accountability, and if I believe that anybody at TTFA are attempting to repeat past performances, I will be the first to call for their heads.

But look at this current situation. TTFA buy the shirts for $75 and sell them for $100 and people want transparency. WTF? They made an error by using the word proceed instead of profit. So now what? You want to see a breakdown of every phone called made to arrange the product? Every staple used, the cost of each email? The delivery cost, packaging? Setting up the booth, paying the sales people, making signs?

Yet, the very same complainers allowed former administrators walk away with hundreds of millions of dollars without a raised eyebrow.

Now I know because of the previous atrocities we're all being extra vigilant, and rightly so, but give the man a break nah. He has been more open and responsive that the previous mottley crew. He's still becoming acclimatized to the paranoia and mistrust created by his predecessors.

Be watchful, yes, but also be realistic. A good man will learn from mistakes so let's watch and see.

the express article had the line that i was hoping to see. they acknowledged they should have been up front with the information on cost from the outset. that's the transparency they haven't provided and need to provide in future. let's see if this message stick.

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFA exorcises Native Spirit; “I Support Akeem” tee-shirts allegedly cost $53
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) today drew a line under its relationship with the controversial “I Support Akeem” venture, which was done in tandem with Native Spirit. And it was not good news for the clothing company.

“It is twice we have dealt with that company,” said TTFA president Raymond Tim Kee, “the first time and the last… I really don’t want to deal with them again.”

On October 31, the TTFA revealed that only $25 from each $100 shirt would go to 22-year-old former two-time World Youth Cup player Akeem Adams, who is fighting for his life in Hungary after suffering a massive heart attack in late September. It meant that from $200,000 collected by Native Spirit for the sale of 2,000 shirts, only $50,000 went to Adams.

Photo: Trinidad and Tobago defender Akeem Adams (far left) celebrates with two teammates during his brief playing stint with Hungarian club, Ferencvarosi. At present, Adams is waiting for a heart transplant after having his left leg amputated last month. (Courtesy Fradi.hu)
Photo: Trinidad and Tobago defender Akeem Adams (far left) celebrates with two teammates during his brief playing stint with Hungarian club, Ferencvarosi.
At present, Adams is waiting for a heart transplant after having his left leg amputated last month.
(Courtesy Fradi.hu)
The news sparked outrage among well-wishers who bought tee-shirts after being told, by the TTFA, that all proceeds would go to the ailing player.

It took the local football body a week to apologise for misinforming the public and a further two days before the public was finally given something resembling a financial breakdown from the “I Support Akeem” venture.

TTFA general secretary Sheldon Phillips claimed today that, according to Native Spirit, the jerseys themselves cost an average of $26 each with a further $12 for print, $2 for artwork and $13 for VAT, which adds up to a combined $53.

The remaining $22, allegedly claimed by Native Spirit as sales and distribution costs, was harder to verify.

Phillips explained that an average of $3 per shirt was added to the cost for three deliveries to Tobago as well as $7 for rental of chairs and table to sell shirts at the Hasely Crawford Stadium for Trinidad and Tobago’s international friendly against New Zealand, $8 for overtime for staff and $5 for miscellaneous items such as signage boards and the rental of portable linx machines for use at the stadium.

It added up to a cost of $76 per shirt.

Photo: TTFA president Raymond Tim Kee (right) and general secretary Sheldon Phillips pose with the FIFA World Cup trophy last week. (Courtesy Wired868)
Photo: TTFA president Raymond Tim Kee (right) and general secretary Sheldon Phillips pose with the FIFA World Cup trophy last week.
(Courtesy Wired868)
Chica Emery, a Wired868 forumite who turned up to give his view as a supporter of the venture, was far from impressed.

“Native Spirit got so much mileage from this,” said Emery. “Can you imagine the cost if they had to pay for the advertising benefit? Well, what did they put?

“We put $100 (to Akeem Adams). What they put?”

Phillips offered an answer.

“Native Spirit’s contribution was their time and effort,” said Phillips.

The general secretary’s response did not seem to take into account the fact that Native Spirit had effectively billed Adams for that time and effort and certainly did not donate either for free.

Wired868 enquired about the $22 per shirt that Native Spirit claimed as sales and distribution costs.

How could there be an average cost for things like delivery to Tobago and use of portable linx machines when that only affected a few hundred shirts at best? Would there not be more transparency if Native Spirit specified what those costs were and deducted them from the $94,000 that remained after the stated average expenses for the tee-shirt production?

Photo: Young footballers from the Anthony Sherwood Coaching Academy pose with their "I Support Akeem" tee-shirts.
Photo: Young footballers from the Anthony Sherwood Coaching Academy pose with their “I Support Akeem” tee-shirts.
Phillips said Native Spirit had those figures and only the company could respond to that.

While Phillips was happy to offer Native Spirit the benefit of the doubt wherever possible, Tim Kee was blunt in his condemnation of the company and even his general secretary’s management of this venture.

“It was a mistake; it wasn’t thought out well,” said Tim Kee, about the joint venture. “All I can say is I am sorry about it…

“My comments were not complimentary to the auditor of (Native Spirit).”

Tim Kee described the “I Support Akeem” initiative as part of Phillips’ “learning curve.”

The TTFA general secretary, who is hired by the president after consultation with the executive board, is responsible for the daily operations of the football body while the president is not a full-time or paid employee.

Tim Kee said he would involve himself in the future work of the TTFA’s marketing and sales teams although he stressed that he would not attempt to micro-manage the staff.

Photo: TTFA president Raymond Tim Kee. (Courtesy Wired868)
Photo: TTFA president Raymond Tim Kee.
(Courtesy Wired868)
Could his dual position as Port of Spain mayor and football president affect his ability to handle either role effectively?

Tim Kee pointed out that neither post was a full-time one and claimed both corporations were set up to operate with little day-to-day involvement from its leader. He brushed aside any suggestion that he was incapable of doing both jobs.

“Have you been a football president?” Tim Kee asked rhetorically. “Have you been a mayor? So how do you know?”

It is unlikely to be the end of that debate, though.

Tim Kee reiterated a promise made earlier by Phillips, which was that the TTFA would apply to have VAT waived for the “I Support Akeem” tee-shirts and, if successful, send the full figure to Adams.

It could mean an extra $26,000 to aid Adams.

Photo: Ferencvarosi and Trinidad and Tobago left back Akeem Adams. (Courtesy www.fradi.hu)
Photo: Ferencvarosi and Trinidad and Tobago left back Akeem Adams.
(Courtesy www.fradi.hu)
Otherwise, the TTFA washed its hands of Native Spirit.

Native Spirit managing director Bruce Kaufman has so far refused to give financial details of the venture to the public. If he holds to that position, it might be some time before his company extricates itself from the scandal of the “I Support Akeem” venture.

Editor’s Note: Wired868 reader, Tenacious Cornelis, offered a critique of Native Spirit’s figures on our Facebook page.

(Tenacious Cornelis)

Okay, now here’s why we can unravel that crappy accounting:

$26 for tee-shirt, $2 per tee-shirt for artwork, $12 per tee-shirt for printing and $13 per tee-shirt for VAT.

I wouldn’t even begin to laugh over the $2 per tee-shirt for artwork ($4,000 for that?).

I will just dissemble the obvious; VAT is only 15%.

So, 15% of (26+2+12) is 15% of $40$ which is $6 NOT 13$.

So, sorry, that BS (Business Solution) doesn’t fly.

Okay, let’s go into the other ridiculous accounting.

Adding $3 to the cost of each tee-shirt to cater for cost of shipping 3 deliveries of tee-shirts to Tobago?

(So given 2000 x 3 = $6,000 was cost of 3 deliveries to Tobago. What happened are consumers paying hotel cost as well?)

Adding $7 to EACH tee-shirt for rental of chairs and tables to sell shirts at the Hasely Crawford Stadium for Trinidad and Tobago’s international friendly against New Zealand means 2000 x 7 = $14,000 to rent tables and chairs for one day? I wasn’t there so pray do tell what sort of chairs.

Adding $8 to each tee-shirt for overtime for staff means 2000 x 8 = $16,000 in overtime. Wow Native Spirit staff was well paid for that overtime on that day.

Adding $5 to each tee-shirt for miscellaneous items such as signage boards and the rental of portable linx machines for use at the stadium means 2000 x 5 = $10,000 in signage and rental.

Assuming the above outrageous charges are correct does it mean that all further tee-shirts sold will have $74 contributed or is Native Spirit still recovering all these additional charges?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 04:50:10 PM by Bakes »

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Finally Tim Kee come out like a big man and admit the mistake of dealing with native spirit. Too many smart men out there.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
TTFA drops Native Spirit
By Ian Prescot (Express).

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) has opted not to do further business with a local T-shirt producer, but maintains that neither it nor the Native Spirit company profited from a recent charitable venture in aid of sick T&T footballer Akeem Adams.

In light of negative feelings generated, TTFA president and new Port of Spain Mayor Raymond Tim Kee  declared  an end to the business relationship   with Native Spirit. 

“It is twice that we have had dealings with that company. The first and the last,” Tim Kee  declared, at a media conference at the Queen’s Park Oval.

Controversy arose after it was announced  that of the $200,000 raised from 2,000 T-shirts sold,  just $50,000 representing 25%, will be donated to the “Heart Of A Warrior Fund” in aid of the fallen national team player  Adams.

The 22 year-old former T&T Youth World Cup suffered a heart attack on September 25 in Hungary where he played for the  Ferencvárosi Torna Club. He has since had a leg amputated due to complications and has also had four life-saving surgeries.

The argument yesterday, was not that Native Spirit had done any wrong, but that in the spirit of the occasion, more  should have been donated to Adams. Some felt it would have been better to directly donate $100 to the player’s bank account instead.

“Let me make it clear that not any thought of profit was discussed,” Tim Kee said. “It was made clear by both parties that this was not a profit-making venture.”

Tim Kee also said it  was  important that the TTFA send an apology to the public,  stating again that there was “mis-communication” about how much of the T-shirt project would be donated to a charity in aid of  Adams. According to Tim Kee,  Native Spirit’s position  was that they had produced a commemorative  T-shirt at production cost--with  no profit garnered for themselves. 

“Accounts have no consideration for human feeling and situations,” Tim Kee said, while explaining Native Spirit’s position.

Native Spirit had been in negotiations with the TTFA to become a licensee,  when Adams suffered a heart attack. The production of the T-shirt became a Native Spirit project with the  TTFA  preparing for the October 15 international friendly against New Zealand.

Yesterday, TTFA general secretary Sheldon Phillip said after a meeting on Monday, he accepted Native Spirit’s explanation that   $75 from each of the $100 t-shirts went into production costs.

The TTFA general secretary commended Native Spirit for accepting the responsibility to produce the T-shirts on short notice. Phillip said figures indicated that a quarter (25 per cent) went to the charitable fund, 15 per cent to Value Added Tax, and the rest went to production costs.

“It is very easy to see where the $100 went,” Phillip said. “None of that went into the pocket of Native Spirit or the TTFA”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wired868 Facebook group member on Native Spirit's financial breakdown:

(Tenacious Cornelis) Okay now here's why we can unravel that crappy accounting

26$ for tshirt, 2$PER-tshirt for artwork, 12$PER-tshirt for printing
And 13$PER-tshirt for VAT?

I wouldn't even begin to laugh over the 2$PER-tshirt for artwork (4000$ for that?)

I will just dissemble the obvious VAT is only 15%

So 15% of (26+2+12) is 15% of 40$ which is 6$ NOT 13$

So sorry that BS (Business Solution) doesn't fly.

Okay let's go into the other ridiculous accounting.

Adding $3 to cost of each t-shirt to cater for cost of shipping 3 deliveries of tshirts to Tobago? (so given 2000x3 = $6,000 was cost of 3 deliveries to Tobago? What happened are consumers paying hotel cost as well)

Adding $7 to EACH tshirt for rental of chairs and table to sell shirts at the Hasely Crawford Stadium for Trinidad and Tobago’s international friendly against New Zealand
(so given 2000x7 = $14,000 to rent tables and chairs for one day? I wasn't there so pray do tell what sort of chairs)

Adding $8 to each tshirt for overtime for staff (so given 2000x8 = $16,000 in overtime? Wow Native Spirit staff. Are well paid for that overtime on that day)

Adding $5 to each tshirt for miscellaneous items such as signage boards and the rental of portable linx machines for use at the stadium.
(so given 2000x5 = $10,000 in signage/rental?)

Assuming the above outrageous charges are correct does it mean that all further tshirts sold will have 74$ contributed or is Native Spirit still recovering all these additional charges?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The issue highlights a very important factor: there was no attempt by Native Spirit to find cost effective solutions, when it was easier to pass costs on to the consumer and reduce the charitable donation.

I will (arrogantly) state that I have some expertise in this area. Working with a very limited budget, Central F.C. have to beg to make things happen. So, here is how I would have produced these T shirts:

Approach companies like Digicel, Carib, etc and ask for 2,000 T shirts to be donated. (We do this every year for Treat Her Like A Lady, albeit we only ask for 40 polo shirts, but also for other projects)

We approach a printer and as we do lots of work with them, they will often produce the print at cost price, maybe $8 per print.

Ask Hasely Crawford to borrow tables and chairs. They have stacks of them used for meetings etc.

Don't accept Linx. Cash only. Make that public.

Ask for volunteers to sell the shirts. (We will usually give our volunteer sales people refreshments or, sometimes $50 for working a game.)

Take two suitcases of T shirts to Tobago on the boat or even on the plane. Give the courier $200 for their trouble.

Ask a sponsor to cover the signage. Simple.

I believe that I could have saved at least $25 per T shirt without compromising quality.

If you see Brent Sancho, Kevin Jeffrey, Norris Ferguson putting up banners at games and events, carrying coolers etc. At the First Citizens Final, Brent and I reached the stadium at 3.30pm to put up banners etc, set up T shirts sales, coolers. This Warrior spirit, not Native Spirit.

But then, we work our socks off to cut costs. If we took the easy way out and didn't give a sh*t, then Central F.C. would be a different club.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/CQXLDkH_76U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/CQXLDkH_76U</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
anybody who really thought all $100 would be going to Akeem is simply ah dunce.  talk done.

Put simpler  they are PNM.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/CQXLDkH_76U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/CQXLDkH_76U</a>
    Oh boy,i'm looking at Sheldon poor fella like he lost some weight since he take up that job,don't worry my friend you are doing a good job for the betterment of Football in T&T,people who sitting at home and behind Computers thought it was easier than that.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
    Oh boy,i'm looking at Sheldon poor fella like he lost some weight since he take up that job,don't worry my friend you are doing a good job for the betterment of Football in T&T,people who sitting at home and behind Computers thought it was easier than that.

Looks the same size to me
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hindsight is always 20-20, and then everyone becomes an expert on how things could have been done better.  I hold no brief for Native Spirit, but people seem to be forgetting the short timespan within which all of this was taking place.  One question I have with regards to the printing is whether this was digital prints or silkscreen printing, because it costs money for the screens and each color t-shirt would require its own screen, adding to the cost of "artwork."  But all of that is really besides the point now.  I think Tim Kee was very intemperate in his comments, particularly rolling his General Secretary under the bus as easily as he did.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: SWO is seeking $upport for Akeem.
« Reply #351 on: November 09, 2013, 12:41:48 PM »
Brazilian-born Portuguese international footballer, Deco (Anderson Luís de Souza), has offered his signed Fluminense shirt to be auctioned off in support of Akeem Adams.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/68mi7-A28Iw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/68mi7-A28Iw</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 09, 2013, 01:10:27 PM »
I wonder what the link is between Deco and this story... how he came to be involved?  Phenomenal gesture all the same, it really does underscore what a fraternity the global sport is at times  :beermug:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 10, 2013, 03:34:31 PM »
I wonder what the link is between Deco and this story... how he came to be involved?  Phenomenal gesture all the same, it really does underscore what a fraternity the global sport is at times  :beermug:

Agreed. But, again, where is the support from our lads? A Kenwyne Jersey? Carlos? Scotty? Dwight?

Also, it's a shame that they spelt the word "unamed" incorrectly on the Deco jersey  :rotfl:

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #354 on: November 10, 2013, 03:39:33 PM »

Agreed. But, again, where is the support from our lads? A Kenwyne Jersey? Carlos? Scotty? Dwight?

Also, it's a shame that they spelt the word "unamed" incorrectly on the Deco jersey  :rotfl:

I thought Unimed was the sponsor. :o
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 10, 2013, 03:49:47 PM »

I thought Unimed was the sponsor. :o

It is...
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 10:28:28 AM by AZZURRI »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hungarian company donates TT$289,000 to care for Akeem
« Reply #357 on: November 14, 2013, 10:06:13 AM »

http://www.fradi.hu/en/football/first-team/news/gentle-offer/20131114/c/5484

This morning FTC and Tigra Kft. held a joint press conference where a 10 million HUF subsidy to Akeem Adams has been announced. With the help of this money Akeem can start his further studies in Hungary.

Vertán György (Tigra Kft. CEO): - Adams is a good-tempered, humble player and everyone took him in immediately. He has a pretty hard way to walk on in the future and that is why we would like to support him in both heeling and then, beginning his studies at one of the Hungarian universities. Go Akeem!

Orosz Pál (FTC Labdarúgó Zrt. CEO): - Tigra Kft. has been our sponsor for a long time now and the firm offered its help right after Akeem’s tragedy. Today we would like to say thank you to everyone who stand by us: the blood donors, the Hungarian and Trinidad sport society, especially Újpest, Diósgyőr and the Brazilian Fluminense. We are also grateful for the medical staff of Városmajori Heart Clinic where the doctors fight every day for keeping Akeem alive. Akeem’s circulation is stable now with artificial heart and blood attenuation treatment. We can gladly say that Akeem has started his physiotherapy on the intensive-care unit.

Nyíri Zoltán (FTC, Head Consultant): - I would like to say a few words on behalf of Kubatov Gábor (president of FTC): we are thankful for Tigra Kft.’s contribution to Akeem’s recovery. Nowadays, we can hear news only about the hard financial situation in the world and that is why we esteem this scholarship a lot. Hopefully, our relationship with Tigra Kft. stays up for long.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Re: Hungarian company donates TT$289,000 to care for Akeem
« Reply #358 on: November 14, 2013, 11:09:02 AM »
Jah love!

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hungarian company donates TT$289,000 to care for Akeem
« Reply #359 on: November 14, 2013, 12:04:02 PM »
great news.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

1]; } ?>