March 28, 2024, 10:14:08 AM

Author Topic: New home for TTFA.  (Read 4000 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
New home for TTFA.
« on: October 02, 2013, 01:59:44 AM »
New home for TTFA.
T&T Newsday Reports.

THE Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) will have a new home in a few weeks time when it takes up base at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo.

TTFA president, Raymond Tim Kee made the disclosure early yesterday morning, expressing sincere gratitude to the Ministry of Sport and the SporTT Company for presenting this unique opportunity for the local governing body to occupy the office space at the South Eastern end of the Stadium.

The new location will accommodate the TTFA’s current office staff as well as space for the technical personnel of the TTFA. This includes senior national team head coach Stephen Hart, the referees and marketing department, as well as a board room and merchandise centre which will sell official TTFA licensed product. The local football fraternity head explained.

“We are quite thrilled about this move and extremely grateful to the Ministry of Sport and the Sportt Company for presenting us with this opportunity to take up residence at the Hasely Crawford Stadium. This will be the new home of Trinidad and Tobago Football which entered a new era in recent months and continues to make positive strides.”

Tim Kee also disclosed that the change in location will enable the TTFA to save a significant amount in rental fees annually and allow funds that were earmarked for rent to be redirected to development programming. TTFA general secretary Sheldon Phillips, who negotiated the move, heaped praises on the sport ministry and its associates for providing the local governing body with a new location to conduct daily activities.

“The move to HCS is yet another example of the developing partnership between our organisation and the Ministry of Sport. The TTFA would like to specifically thank Minister Anil Roberts for his leadership in making the stadium space available and recognition of the immediate and sustained benefits this move would yield for football. We look forward to continued collaborative efforts with MSYA and SPORTT.”

Meanwhile, The Trinidad and Tobago football team, dubbed “the Soca Warriors”, may be hosting New Zealand, also known as “the All Whites”, on October 15 in their final warm-up before November’s FIFA World Cup playoff.

But the New Zealand outfit will have to do it without striker Chris Killen who has undergone Achilles surgery, according to a report yesterday on the Otago Daily Times newspaper.

New Zealand Football (NZF) have been chasing an international game for the October window for months without success but are understood to be close to a deal to play Trinidad and Tobago at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo. The match is likely to be tagged onto others against MLS outfit Chivas and Mexican club side Queretaro FC in Los Angeles.

It will see three games in seven days and, given the first will be outside the international window, will probably see New Zealand coach Ricki Herbert take a bloated squad of 22 players.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New home for TTFA.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 04:35:58 AM »
 Nice. Liking this move. :applause:
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 06:03:27 AM »
Sheldon Phillips continues to shine.

His achievements have been excellent this far.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 06:44:00 AM »
Common sense. I've always criticised the poor use of the stadiums office space. In the formative days of FPATT, this was exactly what we wanted to do.

Well done to Phillips and Tim Kee. It really exposes the lack of care taken by the previous regime over it's use of funds. Of course, they were happy to spend over $40k per month in rent when they knew who received that money.

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 06:47:15 AM »
Sheldon is doing more work in 4 months than his father did in 7 years.

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 06:54:33 AM »
Good stuff ... it's a model employed elsewhere.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 07:33:52 AM »
so does this mean the Stadium loses revenue? since they have people staying rent free.

then they will say stadium have no money for proper maintenance.

nothing in life is free....

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 08:03:06 AM »
keep working
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2013, 09:15:44 AM »
Sheldon is doing more work in 4 months than his father did in 7 years.

you know you talking shit, dey!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2013, 09:17:09 AM »
I swore I saw Tim Kee on PNM slate as an Alderman. Correct me!!!!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2013, 09:36:00 AM »
so does this mean the Stadium loses revenue? since they have people staying rent free.

then they will say stadium have no money for proper maintenance.

nothing in life is free....
no, it means that the country will get to actually use more effectively a facility it paid for and currently pay to maintain, with probably only additional minimal cost. Unless there was a line up of potential tenants.
add: should move a few National sporting bodies into similar accomadations as well
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 09:38:22 AM by maxg »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2013, 09:42:59 AM »

Yes I saw that too. Aldermen used to be appointed posts by the winner of the municipal corporation.
Kamla and dem change it this year to a proportional appointment. So if you win 80% of the vote in the corporation and it have 10 aldermen to appoint, you get to pick 8 of them and so on.

The new process requires the parties to name all their prospective aldermen beforehand so that is why we seeing an alderman "slate" for the first time in our history.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2013, 09:47:10 AM »
Big up to Sheldon Phillips and Tim Kee for this.

Anil get 50 points too.

Finally, common sense starting to prevail.

Hopefully, Anil fix some of the fields and community fields as well, including Civic Center.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 09:51:02 AM by Sando »

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2013, 10:15:35 AM »
This should be at most a temporary arrangements until the TTFA gets out of the red! The stadium offices should be used For  the management of the facility. Once a precedence is set for any long term arrangement , every sporting body could request the same consideration. More information on the terms is required before bigging  up anyone!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2013, 10:43:10 AM »

No need 2 correck u he is listed as 1. He say d relationship wit Green Lantern turn sour when Green Latern was yellow and he was red. So no surprise here.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2013, 10:57:08 AM »
This should be at most a temporary arrangements until the TTFA gets out of the red! The stadium offices should be used For  the management of the facility. Once a precedence is set for any long term arrangement , every sporting body could request the same consideration. More information on the terms is required before bigging  up anyone!

Have they taken office space that would otherwise have been used for management of the facility?

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2013, 12:13:18 PM »
That is not the point whether the space is being used by the management . It is FOR the management. It is a matter of policy and principle ! It can only be temporary ! A government must be even handed in dealing with sporting bodies. Polices must apply across the board!

On another point raised. I understand Tim Kee wanted to be Mayor of POS. I was surprised to see his name on the slate! I think it inappropriate in view of the position he holds as President . Another Jack Warner in the making! Watch his actions closely . Don't be fooled!

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2013, 01:25:53 PM »

I don't see that as necessarily being a bad thing. If there are gov't funded sporting bodies in need of office space and gov't has office space available in gov't owned sporting facilities, why not allow these bodies to use that office space? That then frees up org'l funds earmarked for rent that could then go into development or other programs as in TTFA's case. Or, perhaps, allows gov't to reduce the organization's funding allocation and using the savings to fund other groups or to cover the increased maintenance costs. Of course this would have to be in the cases where it made sense for the organization to be in the facility. I don't know that it would make sense for swimming to be in the HCS, for example.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2013, 04:33:01 PM »
That is not the point whether the space is being used by the management . It is FOR the management. It is a matter of policy and principle ! It can only be temporary ! A government must be even handed in dealing with sporting bodies. Polices must apply across the board!

When was that established as facility management space? This is official policy that can be easily referred to? I ask, not to be difficult, but to get a better understanding of why office space in the HCS would have such a narrow purpose.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2013, 06:10:07 PM »
I'm fairly sure that the national swimming association will be based in the new aquatic centre once it's complete. Makes sense for all kind of reasons.

By the way, the English F.A. is based at Wembley Stadium (although I believe that they may now own the stadium or at least, part of it)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2013, 09:49:20 PM »

Yes I saw that too. Aldermen used to be appointed posts by the winner of the municipal corporation.
Kamla and dem change it this year to a proportional appointment. So if you win 80% of the vote in the corporation and it have 10 aldermen to appoint, you get to pick 8 of them and so on.

The new process requires the parties to name all their prospective aldermen beforehand so that is why we seeing an alderman "slate" for the first time in our history.

Politics and sport definitely do not mix

Trinidad Express
Story Updated: Oct 2, 2013 at 11:13 PM ECT

RAYMOND TIM Kee, president of Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation is nominated as a PNM candidate for alderman in Port of Spain. Sports and politics make strange bedfellows and it is untimely for Mr Tim Kee to engage in local politics at this very precarious time in the life of the football federation. His engagement will only serve to politicise his office and the Federation. His presence at the helm of the Federation has given new life to local football which has been so maligned in the past.

Orvis Noel
St Augustine

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2013, 10:07:49 PM »

Have they taken office space that would otherwise have been used for management of the facility?

The stadium offices are upstairs of the covered section and MTS has offices scattered through out the complex.
The space has been in existence since the stadium was built and is under the south western portion of the bleachers.
For years (since 1986) the ministry has been trying to get that open space organised to house sporting bodies.
Netball Association, Football, hockey, karate, volleyball, shyte even car racing wanted space.

Seems they finally got the space occupiable
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 06:38:14 AM by fishs »
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2013, 05:41:56 AM »
Fishs if that is the case then this is how it should be done. Football is not the only sport played at the Stadium.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2013, 06:42:57 AM »
Fishs if that is the case then this is how it should be done. Football is not the only sport played at the Stadium.

I modified my post with a comma after volleyball, should now read how I wanted to express it.

Actually back then the ministry recognised that the sporting bodies needed to have proper offices if they were to administer their respective sports in a professional manner (no meetings in people gallery and files stored under beds etc.) In fact if I am not mistaken that is how the acronym NSO (National Spoting Organisations) came about. The name of the project was Office space for NSO's.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2013, 08:35:46 AM »

I modified my post with a comma after volleyball, should now read how I wanted to express it.

Actually back then the ministry recognised that the sporting bodies needed to have proper offices if they were to administer their respective sports in a professional manner (no meetings in people gallery and files stored under beds etc.) In fact if I am not mistaken that is how the acronym NSO (National Spoting Organisations) came about. The name of the project was Office space for NSO's.

That's not a term developed in Trinidad & Tobago. It's a term adopted from the international sports architecture.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2013, 08:50:19 AM »

Trinidad Express

RAYMOND TIM Kee, president of Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation is nominated as a PNM candidate for alderman in Port of Spain. Sports and politics make strange bedfellows and it is untimely for Mr Tim Kee to engage in local politics at this very precarious time in the life of the football federation. His engagement will only serve to politicise his office and the Federation. His presence at the helm of the Federation has given new life to local football which has been so maligned in the past.

Orvis Noel
St Augustine

Big deal- much better he on that card that the incompetent maligned and corrupt  leadership of others. Yuh think all the handouts and alleged goodwill we seeing from the respective ministries eh attempts to seek political gains at this time and to continue to promote partisan politics? Steps  sports and politics continues to be bedfellows even if some think they ought not to be. Look at the legacy of these two entities in our football heritage and you will see.

What is this sports minister doing to raise the profile of the national rugby team? Our u17 boys sure was a major embarrassment when funds were not released to them. Wonder if these teams had the political clout with the minister if they would have suffered the atrocious mismanagement by the said ministry. I am not enamoured by apparent political gifts nor political allegiances . Until some people wake up and smell the nepotism and divisiveness in all sectors of our population then  let the man as a citizen take his course on the political scene.  If successful, he may then have to reconsider his position so as not to be in positions that may be seen as conflict of interest.
IMHO
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 09:27:48 AM by AB.Trini »

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2013, 12:16:23 PM »

Trinidad Express

Orvis Noel
St Augustine

Big deal- much better he on that card that the incompetent maligned and corrupt  leadership of others. Yuh think all the handouts and alleged goodwill we seeing from the respective ministries eh attempts to seek political gains at this time and to continue to promote partisan politics? Steps  sports and politics continues to be bedfellows even if some think they ought not to be. Look at the legacy of these two entities in our football heritage and you will see.

What is this sports minister doing to raise the profile of the national rugby team? Our u17 boys sure was a major embarrassment when funds were not released to them. Wonder if these teams had the political clout with the minister if they would have suffered the atrocious mismanagement by the said ministry. I am not enamoured by apparent political gifts nor political allegiances . Until some people wake up and smell the nepotism and divisiveness in all sectors of our population then  let the man as a citizen take his course on the political scene.  If successful, he may then have to reconsider his position so as not to be in positions that may be seen as conflict of interest.
IMHO

Even the Minister of Sport is a coach  ;)
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

1]; } ?>