April 25, 2024, 07:37:02 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs New Zealand Game (15-Oct-2013).  (Read 29037 times)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs New Zealand Game (15-Oct-2013).
« Reply #180 on: October 15, 2013, 08:48:38 PM »
Passing has improved alot!

u mean backward passing....
no attacking passes or through balls.... only one brilliant ball which Jones throw way....
It was still improved. No more long balls out of the back. But the few long balls were accurate for the most part. Would have liked to see Rundell get @ least 15 mins :( maybe next time. Looking forward to November internationals  :beermug:

true.. no long balls.....but u realize that we had little to no attacking plays?

anyhow, its a start, and our defense was good. so we looking to build on that.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 15, 2013, 08:57:00 PM »

no attacking passes or through balls.... only one brilliant ball which Jones throw way....
It was still improved. No more long balls out of the back. But the few long balls were accurate for the most part. Would have liked to see Rundell get @ least 15 mins :( maybe next time. Looking forward to November internationals  :beermug:

true.. no long balls.....but u realize that we had little to no attacking plays?

Yea we need more dynamism. I think Molino is wasted on the wing, should play inside behind the forwards. And we need a left back.   My cousin in England told me Dale Bennett says he is eligible to play for T & T. Dont know if there's any truth in it but someone should have a look @ him. Plays for Forrest Green, signed from Watford after a number of loans out. Or Gavin Hoyte if he shows interest

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 15, 2013, 09:07:56 PM »

Nah man, yes, there could be more penetrating passes, but this is from where you start to build. Atop of that there easily 5-10 passes from the DMs to the AMs in the attacking third -- another plus. Something I have not seen us to do for a very long time is to play in "triangles" to maintain possession, saw quite a bit of this as well.

That said, NZ plan seems to be to play on the counter away from home, so we were not aggressively and consistently pressed. All in all, Hart keeping it on the up and up  :beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 15, 2013, 09:59:53 PM »
nothing to do with the play..but jeezus the crowd was dead...refused to allow us to pull out the flag properly..we had it spread out on a section as the game started (no idea if this has been mentioned)
as slow as play was the crowd was worse
Back in Trini...

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 15, 2013, 10:00:33 PM »
forgot...the best action was after the game when a foreign female ran across the field in her underwear
Back in Trini...

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 16, 2013, 05:59:47 AM »
Solid but not spectacular, as another posted posted, small increments of improvement, we looked assured passing the ball but most were safe passes, lateral or backward. Boucaud and Hyland is a solid midfield pair, they are shaping up to be SH's first choice pair in the middle both are good technically and capable defensively even though Hyland is subject to a concentration lapse or two every game.

In the back i found the only weak link to be Abu-Bakr who struggled in the air against the NZ 10 striker. The other 3 in the back were very good. I was impressed with Bateau. Hoyte and Mitchell are also proving to be first choice for SH in the back. Both have very good recovery speed.

Wingers Molino and Peltier, stayed on the touchlines making themselves available for the defense and the middle but my general issue with both wingers and the forward men were the general lack of movement, to many times the ball is in the back and the 4 forward men are standing stagnant. Plaza was a willing runner but in my opinion it was too predictable and it looks like SH pong in dem men head the value of keeping possession because they were hesitant to play a 50% forward ball unless it was speared down the wing. KJ ran hard but he was the person that should show for the ball while Plaza or the other wingers to get in behind. Didn't happen enough. What I also find is that teams who play with the two stock midfielders like T&T need wing backs to create the extra forward players to force the defense to shift and create the open spaces for other players. Most times both wing backs stayed at home. After tonight players like the excluded Jones will rue their professional choices as the role is tailor made for them to utilize their talents.

Hector looked good coming on, by far the best touch then Guerra who had a nice lil cameo and played the through ball that put in KJ but couldn't get his chip over the keeper. It was T&T's only clear cut chance for the game. Hector is a favourite of mine since his Connection days and I am sure SH will want him in the squad from now on and I also favour Guerra in the hole behind KJ simply because Guerra will always show for the ball from the midfield pair, and let KJ do the running behind the defense.

For me, the fact that i went the game anticipating a win and a good show is progress, for a long time i went to support but didn't expect much of a result given the past fortunes. Raised expectations indicates progress to me.

Stadium had about 14k in the stands, impressive for a friendly that's not a top 30 ranked team.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 16, 2013, 06:53:58 AM »
Boucaud and Hyland is a solid midfield pair, they are shaping up to be SH's first choice pair in the middle both are good technically and capable defensively even though Hyland is subject to a concentration lapse or two every game.
I also find that Hyland tends to pick up frequent yellow cards, mostly due to lazy tackling.

In the back i found the only weak link to be Abu-Bakr who struggled in the air against the NZ 10 striker. The other 3 in the back were very good. I was impressed with Bateau. Hoyte and Mitchell are also proving to be first choice for SH in the back. Both have very good recovery speed.
Bateau has to improve his concentration. For a time it looked like Cyrus and Mitchell would be the standard central back pair.

Wingers Molino and Peltier, stayed on the touchlines making themselves available for the defense and the middle but my general issue with both wingers and the forward men were the general lack of movement, to many times the ball is in the back and the 4 forward men are standing stagnant. Plaza was a willing runner but in my opinion it was too predictable and it looks like SH pong in dem men head the value of keeping possession because they were hesitant to play a 50% forward ball unless it was speared down the wing. KJ ran hard but he was the person that should show for the ball while Plaza or the other wingers to get in behind. Didn't happen enough. What I also find is that teams who play with the two stock midfielders like T&T need wing backs to create the extra forward players to force the defense to shift and create the open spaces for other players. Most times both wing backs stayed at home. After tonight players like the excluded Jones will rue their professional choices as the role is tailor made for them to utilize their talents.
Our wingers still lack the ability to provide useful crosses on a consistent basis. SH stresses possession, but he has also stated publicly that he wants possession with penetration. During training, SH always encourages Joevin to get forward.

Hector looked good coming on, by far the best touch then Guerra who had a nice lil cameo and played the through ball that put in KJ but couldn't get his chip over the keeper. It was T&T's only clear cut chance for the game. Hector is a favourite of mine since his Connection days and I am sure SH will want him in the squad from now on and I also favour Guerra in the hole behind KJ simply because Guerra will always show for the ball from the midfield pair, and let KJ do the running behind the defense.
Guerra needs to be more assertive in his role.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 16, 2013, 07:20:41 AM »
I think it is definitely movement in the right direction as far as possession, but like everyone has been pointing out we must have penetration,everyone knows goals win games and the only way to score is to get into the opponent's half. Abu Bakr is the weakest link in the back as he is a little slower and has lapses in concentration. I hope that J.Jones and Cyrus get their act together as they can definitely help solidify the team. I don't know what Bateau natural position is but he looked very solid on the left, Hoyte is a beast on the right his recovery speed and runs up the flank if they can find him can be crucial. If we can figure out how to get the ball to him when he makes those runs from the back it can make a huge difference to our attacking play. If Bataeu can handle the left back position I would like to see J.Jones on the left wing and Molino move over to the Center with Hyland, Bochaud and Hector on the right wing, Peltier is inconsistent at times and I think Hector showed has a better first touch and distribution with the little time he had on the field. Plaza showed grit but he really wasn't able to get into the game, Guerra didn't have enough time to get into the game to show if he can truly step up and fill that roll just behind K.Jones.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 07:25:51 AM by noize »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #188 on: October 16, 2013, 02:29:04 PM »
We play good?  Sounded like we had a few chances

Click on the stream link about. 40 min left delayed

breds, you have a video replay available?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 16, 2013, 02:34:33 PM »
Just posted it in the last thread you ask
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #190 on: October 16, 2013, 11:59:07 PM »
Just posted it in the last thread you ask

much blessings breddah, yeomans work :beermug:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 17, 2013, 05:55:15 AM »
Guys, hard luck with not getting the live feed up for the game on Tuesday..

Andre and I got to the stadium around 5:30, set up our "fan zone" and tested and everything was working perfectly. As soon as people start streaming into the stadium, the internet connection dropped to a trickle and left us hanging. We were only able to get out some pockets of audio commentary throughout the game.

At least now we have a better idea of what needs to be done and we'll try to put everything in place ahead of the next home game to avoid those issues.

Stay tuned!

1]; } ?>