April 20, 2024, 08:09:00 AM

Author Topic: Hart names 22 for New Zealand encounter  (Read 4770 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hart names 22 for New Zealand encounter
« on: October 07, 2013, 03:06:11 PM »
Hart names 22 for New Zealand encounter.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

Trinidad and Tobago Head Coach Stephen Hart has finalized his 22-man squad for Tuesday’s Friendly International against New Zealand at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

The squad, which will be captained by Stoke City forward Kenwyne Jones, includes two newcomers in San Jose Earthquakes forward Cordell Cato and Central FC’s Rundell Winchester  and also sees the return of midfielder Hughtun Hector.

Also in the squad from recent matches in Saudi Arabia and the CONCACAF Gold Cup are Racing Genk midfielder Khaleem Hyland, Middlesbrough defender Justin Hoyte, Slovak-based winger Lester Peltier, Kevin Molino, Vancouver Whitecaps defender Carlyle Mitchell, Notts County midfielder Andre Boucaud, Willis Plaza and defender Radanfah Abu Bakr.

The two goalkeepers selected are Central FC’s Jan Michael Williams and Point Fortin Civic Centre’s Marvin Phillips while Caledonia AIA midfielder Densill Theobald, Columbus Crew midfielder Kevan George, Marcus Joseph of PFCC, defender Aubrey David of Caledonia, Curtis Gonzales of Defence Force and W Connection’s Mekeil Williams complete the roster for T&T’s first ever meeting against the “All Whites” who were unbeaten in their 2010 World Cup finals, earning draws with Italy, Paraguay and Slovakia.

“The objective of the squad is to continue with experimentation but of course you always have to have a balanced squad,” Hart told TTFA Media on Monday as he looks ahead to the first training session on Wednesday at the Larry Gomes Stadium.

“Playing at home is an exciting prospect for all the players. A number of them have recounted to me when last they played at home so you can feel that sense of excitement. And it’s a chance to play against New Zealand who are in very strong preparations and all things being said it’s a good opportunity for us.”

Commenting on the selection of Winchester and Cato he added: “I think Cato, Winchester, Hector they can all bring something different offensively and it will be interesting to work into the training and see exactly how they fit in. They are three different type of players so it’s a matter of how quickly they could develop the relationship with the midfield and other attackers and to see how they carry themselves off the field and in game situations.”

Molino is currently back home as well as Hector and will be with the squad from Wednesday while some of the European-based players are scheduled to arrive by Friday.

T&T Squad:

Goalkeepers

Jan-Michael Williams (Central FC)
, Marvin Phillips (Point Fortin Civic FC).

Defenders

Carlyle Mitchell (Vancouver Whitecaps/Canada)
, Justin Hoyte (Middlesbrough FC/England), Aubrey David (Caledonia AIA), Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force), Sheldon Bateau (KV Mechelen/Belgium), Mekeil Williams (W Connection), Radanfah Abu Bakr (FC Voztok/Kazakhstan).

Midfielders

Kevan George (Columbus Crew/USA), Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA), Hughtun Hector (Unattached), Khaleem Hyland (Racing Genk/Belgium), Kevin Molino (Orlando City/USA)
, Andre Boucaud (Notts County/England), Marcus Joseph (Point Fortin Civic FC),
 Lester Peltier (ŠK Slovan Bratislava/Slovakia)
, Ataullah Guerra (Rovaniemen Palloseura/Finland).

Forwards

Willis Plaza (Unattached), 
Cordell Cato (San Jose Earthquakes/USA), Rundell Winchester (Central FC), Kenwyne Jones (capt) - (Stoke City/England).

« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 03:25:33 PM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hart names 22 for New Zealand encounter
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 03:09:07 PM »
Very strong selection. Love it !

Going with a 4-2-3-1 to start

Marvin

Hoyte
Mitchell
Abu Bakr
David

Hyland
Boucaud

Peltier
Hector
Molino

Kenwyne

Second half would like to see the likes of Winchester, Guerra, Cato

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 03:34:21 PM »
BIG TEAM !!!!!!!!!

However....

Spending all that money to bring all these players for ONE GAME !!!!!

I hope they plan this better in the future, they need to utilize the money better.

Glad to see Rundell and Cordell there.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 03:48:09 PM »
Solid!
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 03:50:00 PM »
No Cyrus or Joevin...hmmm... :devil:
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 04:30:58 PM »
Why u hmmmmning? I woulda be surprised if dey did get pick
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 04:47:51 PM »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 04:50:45 PM »
play de fitball

cant wait to take "MY" seat at the stadium
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 04:52:42 PM »
Finally mi boi Rundell get in. Best local striker  :beermug:. take yuh chance  ;D

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 05:06:56 PM »

Hart sending a message

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2013, 05:07:30 PM »
Hector and Cato are good choices!! Would have like to see Lloyd-Samuel.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2013, 05:36:31 PM »
I look forward to seeing how Hector links up with the rest.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2013, 05:53:07 PM »
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2013, 06:43:17 PM »
Hector and Cato are good choices!! Would have like to see Lloyd-Samuel.

time to go with younger players
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2013, 07:06:20 PM »

Hart sending a message

To me is de 2 players dat send de message.  Loud and clear. 

Guess people was listening
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 07:19:53 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2013, 07:34:05 PM »
Yo FS, I see your boy Rundell, is in the mix.

This is a chance for the green hornet to show the fans, the coach, but more importantly, prove to himself how much he has leatned since he has been with the Quakes.

It's good to see 2H back in the mix as well.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2013, 09:37:45 PM »
Steely Hart: Daniel, Joevin and Cyrus out as Warriors reward commitment
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

The Trinidad and Tobago national football team is as much about the players who are left out as it is about those that get in.
And “Soca Warriors” coach Stephen Hart gave a further hint about the character of the squad he wants when he failed to invite Philadephia Union midfielder Keon Daniel and DIRECTV W Connection players Joevin Jones and Daneil Cyrus to his 22-man squad, which will face New Zealand on Tuesday October 15 from 7.15 pm at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Port of Spain.
Instead, San Jose Earthquakes (US) winger and speed merchant Cordell Cato, clever Song Lam Nghe (Vietnam) midfielder Hughton Hector and lively Central FC attacker Rundell Winchester all received their first call-ups from Hart.
“I think Cato, Winchester, Hector they can all bring something different offensively and it will be interesting to work into the training and see exactly how they fit in,” said Hart. “They are three different type of players; so it’s a matter of how quickly they could develop the relationship with the midfield and other attackers and to see how they carry themselves off the field and in game situations.”
The 19-year-old Winchester has never represented Trinidad and Tobago at any level but caught the eye since his January move from Stokely Vale with his pace and enthusiasm. Cato, 21, is also uncapped at senior international level while the 28-year-old Hector’s international career has suffered from his posting in Vietnam and the subsequent difficulties in being released for Warrior duty.
Hector has not played competitive football since the V-League ended on August 31. But Hart decided to call the playmaker up anyway and use a rare opportunity to have a close look at him.
“(Hector) being here offered a good opportunity for me to have a look at him and talk at length about his plans for the future,” Hart told Wired868.
But there was no room for the talented Daniel, Jones and Cyrus.
Hart explained that Daniel, who ignored several international call-ups under the previous coaching regime of Hutson Charles and Jamaal Shabazz, has not appeared as enthusiastic as he would like about representing his country. And Cyrus and Jones have not convinced him that they are eager to regain their national places after missing out on the September OSN Cup for various reasons.
Read more: http://wired868.com/2013/10/07/steely-hart-daniel-joevin-and-cyrus-out-as-warriors-reward-commitment/

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2013, 10:23:46 PM »
exactly what I was preaching from the Guyana loss... you give it your all to T&T or you stay off the team.. no time for lack of discipline and half way commitment

like I also said before, T&T has talent to burn, give them the chance and you will see other players make the best of their chances and not take it for granted

Cyrus for me was the biggest disappointment bc he has the potential to be a world class defender.. I hope he gets his head out of the sand
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 10:27:41 PM by Controversial »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2013, 01:54:03 AM »
Shahdon Winchester in Finland has a Virus, has not trained for over 3 weeks. Club doctor says he is not ready to play.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2013, 02:17:40 AM »

This is a chance for the green hornet to show the fans, the coach, but more importantly, prove to himself how much he has leatned since he has been with the Quakes.

Yeah, but this will be more about what he does in training, his attitude etc I doubt that he'll get more than 10 minutes in the actual game. This is where the time we gave him with Walsall will bear fruit. Hart is building his next squad, so actual playing time is not crucial for Winny at the moment, but he has to be a regular squad choice over the next 12 months to gain a starting place in 2015 and beyond.
I'm more interested in how Plaza performs!!

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2013, 03:27:15 AM »
Keon relly disappointing. ..cyrus go back in de dance in a timin I hope...all around veryyyy solid team...come on warriors..we shlda win first place in that OSN cup...so lets do de damn thing...very pleased with SH...
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2013, 04:20:47 AM »
Very good job by Stephen Hart.

Players must have discipline and must accept punishment.

They will have to come better and this is good, make them earn it they will respect it more.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2013, 05:23:17 AM »
Strong squad, to Sam's point above it with the amount of spend to fly in the players it would have probably been beneficial to have 2 games Friday and Tuesday rather than just the 1 game on Tuesday.

2 games give the opportunity to use more of the squad, it would have been the one time i woudnt mind giving Guyana a game given that most of their squad is local already.

Water under the bridge in any event, i'll be there.

On another note, will the TTFA use the opportnity to lauch the kit locally?
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2013, 05:50:38 AM »
Strong squad, to Sam's point above it with the amount of spend to fly in the players it would have probably been beneficial to have 2 games Friday and Tuesday rather than just the 1 game on Tuesday.

2 games give the opportunity to use more of the squad, it would have been the one time i woudnt mind giving Guyana a game given that most of their squad is local already.

Good question!!! I think people and ready to buy, particularly as the team is doing well...

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2013, 05:51:21 AM »
Rundell Winchester still 19 , got called up to the senior team  how was he overlook at youth level ? he is a late bloomer has to be
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2013, 05:52:35 AM »

Yeah, but this will be more about what he does in training, his attitude etc I doubt that he'll get more than 10 minutes in the actual game. This is where the time we gave him with Walsall will bear fruit. Hart is building his next squad, so actual playing time is not crucial for Winny at the moment, but he has to be a regular squad choice over the next 12 months to gain a starting place in 2015 and beyond.

why Plaza?

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2013, 06:52:48 AM »
Rundell Winchester still 19 , got called up to the senior team  how was he overlook at youth level ? he is a late bloomer has to be
No he's not a late bloomer, he was recommended to National youth coaches who came to see him @ Stokely Vale but he was "not what we're looking for" apparently. He's been around just like a lot of other good young players in Tobago. Credit to Central for giving him an opportunity to showcase his ability  :beermug:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2013, 06:52:54 AM »

I just think coaches weren't looking at talent in Tobago. Remember Mitchell came over in January and was capped in March.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2013, 06:54:00 AM »

Good question!!! I think people and ready to buy, particularly as the team is doing well...

Well, they'll be selling Akeem T shirts so if they have stock, I'd guess they'll sell the jerseys too.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2013, 06:57:04 AM »

why Plaza?

"Versatile attacker Willis Plaza, who was also selected, is awaiting international clearance at present to complete a move from Song Lam Nghe (Vietnam) to Central, where he rejoins his former San Juan Jabloteh coach Terry Fenwick."   :whistling:

1]; } ?>