March 29, 2024, 07:24:49 AM

Author Topic: Anyone play Football Manager (suggest T&T legends!)  (Read 8146 times)

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Anyone play Football Manager (suggest T&T legends!)
« on: October 16, 2013, 07:42:53 AM »
Hi all,

Long-time lurker from London here. I made the Caribbean leagues for Football Manager 2013 last year (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/330989-FM13-Caribbean-Leagues-Megaback-v.5.2-(final-build)) and looking to do it for 2014 (http://store.steampowered.com/app/231670/?snr=1_7_15__13) and just wondered if there were any Trinis who play the game? My main focus is Trinidad (the missus is from Diego Martin), so thought I'd come and check the scene here.

Last year I included pretty much all formal leagues I could - TT Pro, Super League, NFA, SFA, EFA, ECFA, TFA and CFA, plus the School league (as the missus told me it was so important), but struggled sometimes to find the best info, especially in terms of player positions in the lower leagues and their birthdays.

Also, just a thanks for whoever maintains the website 'cause it's pretty awesome.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 05:15:23 AM by Tiresais »

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone play Football Manager
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 08:07:54 AM »
Every year! won 2 World Cups with Trinidad & Tobago will check out your leagues thanks for putting in the work... :beermug:

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 08:14:31 AM »
Finally someone lol. I got a message on the FM forums asking "where you located horse!" as he knows of only one other FM fan in Trini lol. Hah how long did it take you to win those? Best I managed was the group stages of WC, but got screwed with a France Mexico group :(

It was a lot of fun, and my trini georgraphy is pretty good now :p. Definitely do, I'd like to have less random players this year as I simply don't know many of the players lower down and don't know their positions, how they play, what they're good at etc. I saw two games when I went Trinidad in Easter, Police v Defence Force and NE Stars v W Connection, and they were pretty good tbh, despite empty stadium!

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 08:31:19 AM »
Thanks for the link :) I already used the info for my final update to FM2013 and it was a great help. Now if it only had their specific positions (e.g. right-back) and birthdays I'd be a very happy man!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 09:01:12 AM »
In Trinidad they does use players in all different position though. I will post more when I get more time.

Central FC - Jamal Jack (CB), Elton John (RB), Jason Marcano (CF) or (RW), Kaydion Gabriel (CF), Dwight Pope (CB), Marvin Oliver (CM), Rundell Winchester (CF), Toric Robinson (DM), Darren Mitchell (RW), Hector Sam (LF), Carey Harris (CB), Keion Goodridge (CB), Johan Peltier (RF).

Caledonia AIA - Aubrey David (LB), Nuru Abdullah Muhammad (CB), Akim Armstrong (RB), Kevaughn Connell (LW), Noel Williams (LB) or (LW), Keyon Edwards (CF), Densill Theobald (CM), Stephan David (DM), Jamal Gay (CF), Kithson Bain (LF).

Defence Force - Devin Jordan (CB), Cory Rivers (RB), Curtis Gonzalez (RB), Jemel Sebro (RW), Kevon Carter (RW), Josimar Belgrave (CM), Ross Russell Jr (RW), Richard Roy (CF), Devorn Jorsling (CF), Aklie Edwards (LB), Keston Williams (CB).

North East Stars - Kareem Moses (CB), Kennedy Hinkson (RB), Aquil Selby (RB) or (CB), Glenton Wolfe (LB), Jeromie Williams (DM), Jayson Joseph (DM), Elijah Manners (CM), Akil Guevara (DM), Keithy Simpson (DM), Anthony Wolfe (CF), Trevin Caesar (LF), Marcus Gomez (RF), Micah Lewis (RW), Andrés Cabrero Gomez (CM).

Police FC - Karlon Murray (CB), Elijah Belgrave (CB), Kenaz Williams (CM), Trent Noel (DM), Anton Hutchinson (RB), Christon Thomas (RB).

Point Fortin Civic - Lyndon Diaz (LB), Weslie John (CB), Andrei Pacheco (LW), Marcus Joseph (RW), Kelvin Modeste (CM), Andre Alexis (LW), Andre Toussaint (CF), Sylvester Teesdale (CF), Kelvin Hernandez (RB), Matthew Bartholomew (RF).

W Connection - Daneil Cyrus (CB), Kurt Frederick (LB), Mekeil Williams (CB), Leslie Russell (CB), Joao Ananis (RB), Christian Viveros (DM), Alvin Jones (LB), Silvio Spann (CM), Gerard Williams (DM), Joevin Jones (LW), (RW) or (LB), Yefer Lozano (CM), Jomal Williams (CM), Celio Da Silva Santos (CM), Hashim Arcia (LF), Jerrel Britto (CF), Jamal Clarence (RF), Neil Benjamin Jr (CF), Mirko Delia (RF).
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 05:30:41 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 09:33:21 AM »
Always play it. Though now based in UK/Germany, first started playing when I was living in T&T and it was called Championship manager and the developers were called 'Domark'. There were a few school mates lucky enough to own PC's who had it as well...ah the banter we had.

Good link (and effort!). Was always interested in doing the local leagues but only actually did it twice as setting up the leagues was too time consuming - less gaming time!

The researchers get most of the T&T player info off this website (though they are unlikely to admit it) but if you check the editor, they don't give much footballing detail on the players. It leaves a lot of info (i.e.  like Sam said; player posistions) to get randomly generated by the game engine and that gives some bizarre results. Still, always remember Peter Prosper being an abolutely phenominal striker in multiple versions of the game - shame he was'nt that good in reality or he would have been in RM or Barca in his prime instead of lebanon.

Love the game.

Oh, also noticed in the database that some intercol sides ( From memory ... Princess Town / Malick; there could be more) are there as club teams. Strange.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 09:39:53 AM by Rodney »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2013, 10:12:55 AM »
When I was in college in Atlanta it was Championship Manager and it was like crack.

The other day we was reminiscing and I say that the game was a black hole. My partner bawl it was more like a worm hole, because everybody who used to pong it hard end up back in Trinidad  :rotfl:

I played all the way up to FM 2009, but it really is a time sink. So I sadly let it go.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2013, 10:26:15 AM »
Thanks so much for the info, could kiss ya! If you have any more positional info that'd be great as I'm gonna create FM2014 data too.

Trinidad hasn't been updated since 2010 or something - Mau Pau and Tobago FC were still around last year. I submitted a load of changes for the database and I'm literally about to check what this year's data looks like.

Yea that really confused me when I was making the league - only realised ages into my editing that these teams were intercol teams!

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2013, 10:29:36 AM »
When I was in college in Atlanta it was Championship Manager and it was like crack.

The other day we was reminiscing and I say that the game was a black hole. My partner bawl it was more like a worm hole, because everybody who used to pong it hard end up back in Trinidad  :rotfl:

I played all the way up to FM 2009, but it really is a time sink. So I sadly let it go.

They have an FM Classic mode that's stripped down and designed to be much less time-consuming if you're interested in checking it out again :p

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2013, 11:19:45 AM »
Finally someone lol. I got a message on the FM forums asking "where you located horse!" as he knows of only one other FM fan in Trini lol. Hah how long did it take you to win those? Best I managed was the group stages of WC, but got screwed with a France Mexico group :(

It was a lot of fun, and my trini georgraphy is pretty good now :p. Definitely do, I'd like to have less random players this year as I simply don't know many of the players lower down and don't know their positions, how they play, what they're good at etc. I saw two games when I went Trinidad in Easter, Police v Defence Force and NE Stars v W Connection, and they were pretty good tbh, despite empty stadium!

The 2018 and 2022 World Cups I got lucky with some very talented youth players and Peltier, Hyland and Shahdon Winchester are Top players in my game. Although for some reason i could never get that number 1 world ranking spot i only got up to # 2. My Chelsea side though is the world top team build new stadium worth over 1 billion and got the world top 9 players, average 6 goals per game and .2 against.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2013, 11:35:35 AM »
Nice. I know it's defo possible to win from behind, I once fluked a Poland World Cup before hah. Well there are a couple prospects in my database - I'd actually like the forum's help on that - who's the most promising player(s) you've seen?

Offline jason23

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2013, 11:46:03 AM »
heck i love that game.....been playing it since the championship manager dayz!!.. worst ting is to win 20 premier league title's and ah whole set of trophies an lost it after when ur pc crashes smh

been following the update's on fm14 coming out.......must say i will give it a try......after fm13 and 12 kind of lost me.......smh

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2013, 11:58:09 AM »
It looks a hella lot more polished, and they've allowed the advanced editor by default so I might be able to do more with the leagues.

Sadly the basic database has a bunch of problems. I've listed the main ones on their forums - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363360-North-America-(Official)-Data-Issues but none of the squads are right this year, and the national team has some strange people in there by default. No one recognisable in the U20s really. I hope my editor files wokr this year because otherwise I'm in for a long time editing!

If you're interested in the FM2014 Trini and Caribbean leagues I'm making, check here; http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363660-FM14-Caribbean-Megapack-2014-(WIP-discussion) (might have to be signed up to SIgames forum)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 12:57:19 PM by Tiresais »

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2013, 01:05:51 PM »
FM2013 :) already pre-ordered 2014 via steam.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2013, 01:30:24 PM »
In that case you should be able to access the Beta today assuming you got the beta key! Check your steam account :)

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2013, 01:52:06 PM »
Will check when i get home :D

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2013, 03:19:38 AM »
Played it so much I was on the additional research credits for a few years as I got the information for a few Caribbean Islands (Antigua and Grenada, mostly, of course for those who know of me). Got to visit the office because of that which was quite amazing when it was located on Upper St, Islington but they moved down the road now. Got a free copy of the game every year; It was the least they could do of course. You have to understand I was about 12 so this is going back a while.

Like another poster said, I would love to play it now but it just takes over your life. Every game I used to start, I used to have to on the editor and add second nationalities to certain Caribbean players just to widen my options if I wanted to be an OECS nation; With Trinidad and Jamaica I didn't need to do that. I'm not a kid anymore and other things are just important. You can win all those trophies but what is the return? Lol

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2013, 08:01:38 AM »
No return :) But making sure the Caribbean is set up helps expose the islands to the world a bit more, especially given that a surprising number of coaches, clubs and scouts use the database to find players (no seriously, Everton even signed a deal for it - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/everton-signs-football-manager-database )

You might be why there's some data for the nations then lol. A number of the islands have really out-of-date info.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2013, 10:17:51 AM »
I've been an addict since 92...Stopped upgrading since the split in ownership. I felt like something just wasn't the same re the addcitveness. I still play the older versions more even though I still get the new ones each year.

I'll probably try the FM Classic Mode as suggested
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2013, 05:41:20 AM »
I know what you mean Spidey, I've not really played a proper game (as in 5 seasons plus) since FM06.... but I do love the game still and strangely love editing...

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2013, 05:14:58 AM »
If I could bend your ears guys, could you tell me who you think are the legends of hte T&T national side. In the game you can set famous players for pundits and the media to compare up-and-coming players in T&T to, filling in a general description, their height (tall, medium, short), position, and a legends rating out of 20 (20 would be Bobby More (Captain of World Cup Winning 1966 squad) for England for example). Obviously I don't know as much as you guys so looking for you to set me right if I'm wrong if you don't mind lending me a little time. So far I got (in rating order);

Dwight Yorke (Clinical striker, medium, central) - 20
Steve David (Explosive Forward, Medium, Central) - 19
Russell Latapy (Cultured attacking midfielder, small, central) - 19
Everald Cummings (Cultured Attacking Midfielder, medium, not set (don't know his position)) - 19
Arnold Dwarika (midfield playmaker, medium, central) - 18
Dennis Lawrence (Solid Centreback, Tall, Central) - 17
Shaka Hislop (Commanding Goalkeeper, tall, N/A) - 15
Angus Eve (Tireless Midfielder, small, central) - 15
Clayton Ince (Commanding Goalkeeper, Tall, N/A) - 15

Possible descriptions for;
Goalkeepers - "Commanding", "Erratic"
Fullbacks - "Decisive", "Commanding", "Strong", "Solid", "Cultured", "Explosive"
Centrebacks/Defenders - "Decisive", "Commanding", "Strong", "Solid", "Cultured," "Explosive"
Midfielder/Defensive Midfielder - "Tenacious", "Industrious", "Tireless", "Cultured", "Midfield Playmaker", "Midfield General"
Attacking Midfielder - "Cultured", "Flamboyant", "Explosive"
Winger - "Cultured", "Flamboyant", "Explosive", "Cultured"
Forward/Striker - "Playmaker", "Cultured", "Flamboyant", "Explosive", "Powerful", "Clinical",

"Cultured" typically means they've played in many nations or intelligent, Explosive means theyre quick, Flamboyant are good on teh ball and flair players, Tenacious are hard tackling, Industrious work hardo n the pitch, Tireless typically play into (footballing) old age and high stamina, others I think are self explanatory?

But yea there are NO legends given in teh basic database, so would love to get this properly represented.

Some examples from England;

Bobby Charlton - Playmaker Forward - 20
Bobby More - Cultured Centreback (not sure why) - 20
David Beckham - Tireless Midfielder - 19
Gary Lineker - Clinical Striker - 18
Geoff Hurst - Powerful Striker - 20
Paul Gasgoigne - Midfielder Playmaker - 17
John Barnes - Cultured Winger - 12
Gary Neville - Solid Fullback - 14
Paul Ince - Industrious Midfielder - 10
Ian Wright  - Clinical Striker - 8
Sol Campbell - Strong Centreback - 8

So yea any thoughts? Definitely know to add Stern John (Powerful?, medium, centre, 12?) and Leonson Lewis (not sure, medium, centre, 14?). Some possibilities?;

Marvin Andrews (Solid Centreback?, centre, 15?),
Leroy DeLeon (Flamboyant Midfielder, centre, small, 10)
Brent Sancho (cultured centreback, medium, 8),
Densil Theobald (Tireless midfielder, medium, centre, 10)
Lincon Phillips (Commanding Goalkeeper, medium, 18)
Avery John (Strong Centreback?, medium, centre, 15)

Wanna get every position covered - haven't got any wingers or fullbacks right now... Thanks for reading!

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone play Football Manager (suggest T&T legends!)
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2021, 01:59:06 AM »
I just thought I'd resurrect this topic to see if anyone plays FM on the site!

Offline Trinidad Sports Reality

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2021, 04:48:36 PM »
i do just i dint buy 2021 i have 2017  to 2020

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2021, 02:02:49 AM »
i do just i dint buy 2021 i have 2017  to 2020

Fair play. I think 2021 was actually the biggest step forward in a number of years, so you might find it worthwhile to buy 2022!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2021, 11:22:17 AM »
I've overheard ppl speaking about football manager but I honestly have no clue what it is. Is it a video game?

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2021, 12:48:40 PM »
I've overheard ppl speaking about football manager but I honestly have no clue what it is. Is it a video game?

Yea, you can manage a football team from a whole host of countries - all the major ones and a large number of others. You buy/sell the players, pick the tactics set the training, and manage the players. You don't play like FIFA, so it really is a managers game.

You can have the game cover what you don't want to too - they can do transfers etc. It's pretty addicting but not that easy to get into honestly

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2021, 01:07:04 PM »

Yea, you can manage a football team from a whole host of countries - all the major ones and a large number of others. You buy/sell the players, pick the tactics set the training, and manage the players. You don't play like FIFA, so it really is a managers game.

You can have the game cover what you don't want to too - they can do transfers etc. It's pretty addicting but not that easy to get into honestly
I don't play video games anymore but this sounds like something I can get into.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2021, 08:26:10 AM »
Haven't posted here for ages but noticed this thread.
Strangely playing FM21 right now! Agree this one of the best updates in years.

Do 'Journeyman saves' mainly now.
Currently managing in Israel 2nd Division. Took charge with 6 games left an save them from relegation.
New season, tried to sign some Trini's, Plaza, Sam & Da silva as they all were earning less than I could pay them.... only DaSilva wanted to come but for 'HALF!' my entire wage budget is only 8k a week  :) .Probably worried about the politics bit Garcia was here!
Did sign a Trini called Xavier Rajpaul (apparently a real player) from a Czech side. Man, dis fella giving me hell.
Didn't pick him for One game, ONE! and he want to leave, miss training once. As soon as he done that, Blam! Buss some knee ligaments and out for 3 months. Was my 4th best player  :frustrated:

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2021, 04:20:44 PM »
Haven't posted here for ages but noticed this thread.
Strangely playing FM21 right now! Agree this one of the best updates in years.

Do 'Journeyman saves' mainly now.
Currently managing in Israel 2nd Division. Took charge with 6 games left an save them from relegation.
New season, tried to sign some Trini's, Plaza, Sam & Da silva as they all were earning less than I could pay them.... only DaSilva wanted to come but for 'HALF!' my entire wage budget is only 8k a week  :) .Probably worried about the politics bit Garcia was here!
Did sign a Trini called Xavier Rajpaul (apparently a real player) from a Czech side. Man, dis fella giving me hell.
Didn't pick him for One game, ONE! and he want to leave, miss training once. As soon as he done that, Blam! Buss some knee ligaments and out for 3 months. Was my 4th best player  :frustrated:

Nice story! Yea I add the Caribbean Nations via the editor so i usually get good newgens coming through. I started 2nd division Holland and currently have 3 trinis on the roster (none real).

1]; } ?>