March 28, 2024, 07:47:54 AM

Author Topic: Trinis in Action (Oct 18-20, 2013)  (Read 2748 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Trinis in Action (Oct 18-20, 2013)
« on: October 18, 2013, 01:55:16 PM »
Friday, October 18th

First Citizens Finals
Defence Force
1-2 Central FC
English League One
Swindon Town
2-0 Notts County
Boucaud, Andre (full game, 13')
Slovak Superliga
Slovan Bratislava
0-3 AS Trenčín
Peltier, Lester

Saturday, October 19th

English Premier League
Stoke City
0-0 West Bromwich Albion
English League Championship
Barnsley
3-2 Middlesbrough
Hoyte, Justin (not selected)
Ipswich Town
0-1 Burnley
Edwards, Carlos (unused sub)
English League One
Sheffield United
2-1 Port Vale
Birchall, Chris ( 80')
English Conference
Cambridge
2-0 Salisbury City
Thomson, Jake (not selected)
Scottish League One
Airdrieonians
0-2 Forfar Athletic
Andrews, Marvin (full game)
Belgian Jupiler League
KV Oostende
0-3 KV Mechelen
Bateau, Sheldon (full game)
Racing Genk
4-0 Lierse
Hyland, Khaleem (unused sub)
Kazakhstan Premier League
FK Vostok
1-2 Atyrau
Persian Gulf Cup
Naft Tehran
1-1 Esteghlal FC
Samuel, Jlloyd
Thai Premier League
Chainat FC
3-0 Suphanburi
Jagdeosingh, Kendall (out injured)
Power, Seon
I-League
Shillong Lajong
1-1 Prayag United
Glen, Cornell (started, 50', 70')
Major League Soccer
New England Revolution
3-2 Columbus Crew
George, Kevan (nt selected)
Montreal Impact
2-1 Philadelphia Union
Daniel, Keon (not selected)
Colorado Rapids
3-2 Vancouver Whitecaps
Mitchell, Carlyle (full game)
North American Soccer League
Minnesota United
0-1 Carolina Railhawks
de Silva, Sean (not selected)
James, Julius (not selected)

Sunday, October 20th

Finnish Premier League
Rovaniemen Palloseura
0-1 MYPA
Guerra, Ataullah (unused sub)
Thai Division 1
Khonkaen
3-2 Nakhon Pathom United
Samuel, Kordell
Major League Soccer
Los Angeles Galaxy
v San Jose Earthquakes
Cato, Cordell (started, 75')
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 09:06:08 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Cooper hopes for Boucaud travel troubles
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 01:56:14 PM »
Cooper hopes for Boucaud travel troubles
By Sam Morshead (The Wiltshire Gazette and Herald)

MARK Cooper is praying British Airways do Swindon Town a favour and cancel their trans-Atlantic services, leaving Notts County midfielder Andre Boucaud star stranded in the Caribbean.

Boucaud, who played for Cooper at Kettering, featured for Trinidad & Tobago in their goalless draw with New Zealand on Wednesday night and was due to return to the UK in time to link up with his club teammates for this evening’s clash at the County Ground.

Cooper rates the holding midfielder highly, however, and for that reason he’s holding out hope that his trip home has not been easy.

“I know Andre Boucaud,” the Swindon manager told the Advertiser. “He played for me and he’s a fantastic football player.

“He’s got tremendous ability, he’s very strong, I know he played for Trinidad and Tobago against New Zealand so I hope he’s seriously jetlagged, I hope the plane gets delayed and he doesn’t make it because make no mistake, he’s a good football player.”

Boucaud struggled to break out of non-league before County snapped him up in the summer, to the astonishment of Cooper, who said: “That happens with the way the game is and the foreign players playing you have to move down the leagues and Andre found himself playing out of the Football League, which was criminal.

“But fair play to him, he worked his way back up.”

Town’s manager is well aware of the threat posed by the visitors this evening, despite Notts languishing in 22nd place after a disastrous start to the campaign.

“(Jack) Grealish, if he’s fit, I’ve seen play over the last few years for Aston Villa and he’s a very gifted footballer so they’ve got players that can hurt us,” said Cooper.

“I think (Chris Kiwomya) is a very thoughtful manager, he likes to change his formations and he’s certainly got them trying to play good football.

“If we play the way we play we have a chance, no matter who we play, but we have to give Notts County respect. They’ve won their last three games.

“We have to concentrate and be mentally strong.

“I think they had knocks and one or two players out at the start of the season but they’ve started to show the real quality that they have got.

“We have to be really switched on because, make no mistake about it, Notts County can play football.”

After his side’s 4-0 victory at Rotherham last weekend, Cooper is guarding against complacency tonight.

“You see it all the time where somebody will go away and have a fantastic results, come home, play the bottom team and not get the result that they think they’re going to get,” he said.

“It then becomes a mental issue where the players have to be really, really focused on the job in hand.

Friday night football returns to the County Ground this evening for the first time since Tranmere were trounced 5-0 in December last year, and Cooper is looking forward to the occasion.

He said: “Hopefully we’ll get a good crowd. The night games always have more atmosphere for me. Hopefully we can put another show on at home, where we’ve been pretty strong, and get another good performance.”

Greg Tempest and Callum McGregor also return from international duty for Notts. McGregor is likely to be restored to the starting line-up while Tempest could start if Alan Sheehan is not fit. The former Swindon full-back has been struggling with a calf niggle.

Enoch Showunmi (back), David Bell and Haydn Hollis (knee) are all doubts.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Re: Trinis in Action (Oct 18-20, 2013)
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 02:17:22 PM »
Man ha rell respect for AB abilities!  Hope he made it in time to poison dem lol

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 02:41:42 PM »
Man ha rell respect for AB abilities!  Hope he made it in time to poison dem lol

I believe he played 90 minutes, got a yellow in the 12th...lost the game 2-0

We should have used AB post 2006 period much more...Special player and great leader and motivator on the team.

The dark ages (2007-2012)..he could have been vital in 2010 qualifiers

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 04:26:25 PM »

I believe he played 90 minutes, got a yellow in the 12th...lost the game 2-0

We should have used AB post 2006 period much more...Special player and great leader and motivator on the team.

The dark ages (2007-2012)..he could have been vital in 2010 qualifiers

So true. The sad thing is de man was dying and pleading to play for T&T all those years. It was SWO that shone the spotlight on him while he was in the wilderness, with interviews, articles and even correspondence with the TTFF. Eventually they gave him a shot, but now the man is closing in on the twilight of his career and as you said he could have been vital during that dark ages period. The lesson we should learn from this is that we should leave no stone unturned. We simply can't afford to with our small player pool.

We almost lost him again too during the last Gold Cup. If Hart did not play him in T&T's last two games he was going to hang up his international boots, but Hart likes him a lot so hopefully he will be in the national set up for a while. Andre is a baller! If only some of the youths (I eh calling no names) on the team could emulate his positive attitude and work ethic we would be a force in Concacaf soon.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 04:32:36 PM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 04:28:57 PM »
De bullet against Mex in de GC was special
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 01:58:24 AM »
Jake Thompson's link is broken - links to his (now non-existent) page at Newport County. Salisbury doesn't have individual player pages :( But they do upload highlights (Thompson just comes off the bench so far this season according to the web stats)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 03:16:14 PM »
Check out de height Glen make when scoring de goal.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2013, 03:41:43 PM »
TM, remember de man header vs Panama in de GC to tie de game 2-2? To this day when I remember that goal I does ask myself if springs was on his legs, his leap is incredible
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Trinis in Action (Oct 18-20, 2013)
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2013, 03:52:21 PM »
TM, remember de man header vs Panama in de GC to tie de game 2-2? To this day when I remember that goal I does ask myself if springs was on his legs, his leap is incredible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq0g_J0mWaA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2013, 04:39:55 PM »

Of course. Ah was right dey. De man do an  impression of Michael Jordan.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2013, 01:25:53 PM »
Is Carlos recovering from something?
Since he commit to club over country, is like he cyah see the field..can't go from Captain to. Steady bench without some kinda knock..Tallman?

Plus, found we had to much unselected this week, Hoyte showing no football reason for that, but how about the rest ?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2013, 03:34:19 PM »
Since he commit to club over country, is like he cyah see the field..can't go from Captain to. Steady bench without some kinda knock..Tallman?

Plus, found we had to much unselected this week, Hoyte showing no football reason for that, but how about the rest ?

Most of de players not selected was because of them being on international duty, especially if there was someone else who could replace dem without a problem.

Hoyte has not played much for Middlesbrough this season, and we are not the only ones who are puzzled.

From all reports, Carlos has not been playing well, hence the bench.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2013, 03:53:33 PM »

Believe it or not, Carlos is Ipswich Bleeder, if yuh check out Ipswich messageboard.

Coaches kept playing him and fans keep getting vex and saying he doh do nuttin but pass backwards. Long time he a scapegoat. That whole 'committing to club' thing was him trying to rescue his spot.

Age, I assume.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2013, 08:38:43 PM »

Believe it or not, Carlos is Ipswich Bleeder, if yuh check out Ipswich messageboard.

Coaches kept playing him and fans keep getting vex and saying he doh do nuttin but pass backwards. Long time he a scapegoat. That whole 'committing to club' thing was him trying to rescue his spot.

Age, I assume.

Don't think it was that bad at least not bleeder level Carlos had a few spectacular goals last season which won games for them to help take them out of relegation...

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2013, 03:11:34 PM »
Dont like to see bread taken from someone's mouth but possibly great news for Justin Hoyte. Manager fired today http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2470452/Tony-Mowbray-leaves-Middlesbrough-difficult-start-Championship-season.html

1]; } ?>