March 29, 2024, 08:38:35 AM

Author Topic: Hughtun Hector Thread  (Read 7042 times)

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
Re: Injury rules Hector out of Gold Cup; Warrior targets 2018 W/Cup return.
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2015, 05:05:31 PM »
talking of Full backs or wing backs...if you think it easy to find ??...check Germany since Lahm retire...is about 10 men they try in both left and right and no one take it up yet ....and that pool deep...so...
That is very true.
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Majestic

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2016, 08:40:24 AM »
yuh needed balla, get fit and be ready.
He Is Highly

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2016, 02:50:51 AM »
Hector playing again.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

National team midfielder Hughtun Hector is back on the playing field. The former DirecTV W Connection player has resumed full training and has taken part in preseason matches with Vietnam top tier team Hanoi T&T

Hector ruptured an Achilles tendon in 2015 which required surgery and sidelined him for the rest of the year. It also ruled him out of the 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup.

“I’ve resumed full training and I’ve already played in a few training matches. The season starts in a week,” Hector said.

“The most important thing for me is to regain full fitness and to be at my bet again. It has been a frustrating period but I’ve come back stronger mentally and now I’m looking to resume playing again.

“I’m really anxious to be back. My aim is to get back on the national team and be part of the effort to qualify for the 2018 World Cup,” Hector added.

Hector will no doubt be keeping a close eye on T&T’s upcoming World Cup qualifiers against St Vincent/Grenadines on March 25th and 29th. Orlando City midfielder Kevin Molino is also back in training and is currently with the club for its preseason campaign.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Hughtun Hector Thread
« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2016, 02:52:57 AM »
T&T midfielder eyeing return to Soca Warriors.
By Ian Prescott (Express).

HUGHTUN HECTOR hardly looked a footballer returning from a long injury, when leading Directv W Connection to a 5-1 victory over 2015 Guadeloupe champions Club Sportif Moulien on Friday night at the Ato Boldon stadium, in Couva.

It has been some time since the skilful midfielder last played on local soil, having plied his trade in Vietnam for the past five seasons.

After joining Song Lam Nghe An in 2011 and playing two years there, 31 year-old Hector played for Hanoi T&T, until suffering a season-ending Achilles tendon injury last April. “It a very good feeling to be back after 10 or 11 months out with the injury,” Hector said. “Today was the first game I was able to play 90 minutes on the field and I am very happy to be able to achieve that.”

The horrific injury cost Hector a place in Trinidad and Tobago's 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup, after being an integral part of the team that finished the 2014 Caribbean Cup second to Jamaica, when losing the final on penalty kick in Montego Bay. Hector hopes to work his way back to fitness for the World Cup qualifying campaign which resumes in March against St Vincent & the Grenadines.

Playing his first match back on Friday night for his former local team W Connection, Hector fitted in as a central, deep playmaker, the link with the backline, but also launching the forward attacks. He played a lot of “smart” passes. “The goal was just to keep it simple,” Hector said. “It was easy for me to come in the game and play defensive midfield. My time outside in Vietnam I actually played defensive midfield a lot for my last club.

“It was easy for me to come in the game ad adapt because I know I have a range of passing and I can pass the ball. So it was easy for my teammates and the defence to take control of the game in the second half. The sharpness is coming to come. I think I am about 75 per cent now and once I keep working hard and playing the game, I think I will get there,” he added.

Watching from the stands as Hector played his first match in a year was Hutson Charles, the national team assistant coach. Hector is not hiding his desire to return to the men's senior national team.

“I want to work hard to see if the coach will call be back on the (national) team so I can perform for my country,” Hector intimated.

“I know we can go forward straight to the World Cup because I have seen some of the games they have played. They have played very well. So, I want to just want to get back to full fitness and help my country get to the World Cup.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2016, 03:59:02 AM »
When I first saw this bloke(Hector) play for TT against one of the Central American teams,I thought here's a player TT will benefit from for some years.I kept looking and reading,but he was never there,why,I ask myself.Will I ever see him again in national colours.

Offline Majestic

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 29, 2016, 09:29:07 AM »
welcome back...we have some problems in the center that you can fix.
He Is Highly

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2016, 06:18:01 PM »
brilliant right foot long range bullet from Hector vz Inter...
his play was very good also...beautiful passing range...he played as a deep lying playmaker..class above the rest.

THE ONLY UPSETTING THING..why did he play the full 90 mins of that game ??..only just back from a bad injury ??
WC only needed a draw...and was up 2-0...i dont like that...no where else in the world that would have happened.
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2016, 06:20:09 PM »
hold on..is two 90 min matches Hector played ??..madness.
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2016, 06:27:48 AM »
brilliant right foot long range bullet from Hector vz Inter...
his play was very good also...beautiful passing range...he played as a deep lying playmaker..class above the rest.

THE ONLY UPSETTING THING..why did he play the full 90 mins of that game ??..only just back from a bad injury ??
WC only needed a draw...and was up 2-0...i dont like that...no where else in the world that would have happened.

Several things ... perhaps a poster will weigh-in on Achilles tendon injuries specifically. However, what yuh validly questioning in raw terms is why no "gradual re-introduction" of the player?

The quantum of playing time crossed my mind as well ... especially with the player himself declaring that he isn't (as in he does not "feel") fully match fit. [And, match fitness is a distinct consideration from whether the player has recovered from injury]. So this raised a question in my mind as to on what OBJECTIVE basis/how is the player being brought back into the mix?

[Before I get deeper into it, I would say this case presents circumstances for coordinating with the NT staff, particularly the medical and physical prep and assessment personnel. Lots of benefits to NT and club personnel coordinating. Of course, given the logistical hurdles that accompany that ... plus the "investment" required ...it may not be tbe smoothest thing to accomplish. There is also cost/benefit analysis too, right ... How much on the margins is the player? "Value" right now etc. And, the idea of whether our reference point is a "functional pool" of players.]

To bring this home, let's use Cummings as an example: NT player of proven value. He doesn't start from scratch as a player knocking on selection from outside the camp. We monitor his progress. We have an idea of his date of return to competition. He returns to competition (which by itself is NOT enough to merit NT recall). We monitor his progress and gradual re-introduction. Integration with the NT program occurs. If merited, the player takes the field at some point in time. The player feels no pressure.

This brings us to Molino. Difference he is in a more sophisticated environment. The whole schema of monitoring and coordination is automatically different, but the fundamentals are essentially the same in terms of reintegration of the player. And, given the circumstances, this player also feels no pressure to return.

In this case, there is some evidence that the player is pushing the selection envelope ... dahis a lil pressure, some no doubt self-imposed...and some by the calendar: Our opponent is SVG. After March our next known engagement for the WC is September. Who knows when a friendly/friendlies will occur? And, our participation in CFU/Caribbean Cup isn't till late this year ...
And there is a perceived opportunity in midfield.

One reason why coordination and objective bases for how the player is reintroduced are key is to avoid people substituting their judgement for the judgement of others. Coming to mind are Hodgson, Brendan Rodgers, Sterling and Sturridge. It's also to protect the player and to protect the player from himself (as an extreme example: Mamadou Sakho on Sunday v. City).

Any reporter who covers the Pro League thought about asking SCF??? One imagines that involuntary servitude does not exist at W CT.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 06:39:52 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2016, 04:49:24 PM »

I asked Earl Jean about this and this is his response:

Hector did preseason in November in Vietnam and played about 4 games so on his arrival here ...he did his examinations and was also ready to play...we did consult with our medical staff and player...he was willing and ready after our training sessions we felt it was ok to use him...so all was ok we did have some reservations just because he was about 75 to 80 fit but with games and training sessions he will get back to 100....the player well being is always the most important rest assured.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2016, 08:53:22 AM »

I asked Earl Jean about this and this is his response:

Hector did preseason in November in Vietnam and played about 4 games so on his arrival here ...he did his examinations and was also ready to play...we did consult with our medical staff and player...he was willing and ready after our training sessions we felt it was ok to use him...so all was ok we did have some reservations just because he was about 75 to 80 fit but with games and training sessions he will get back to 100....the player well being is always the most important rest assured.
Thanks for the update.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2016, 09:17:03 AM »
Yes, good to get feedback from Earl Jean.  :beermug: But, even this response leaves the lingering question as to the mechanism used to benchmark the player's fitness. One is still left with the notion that an objective tool is missing from the picture. Ah will leave it there. No doubt the club will protect the player.

By the way, why is Hector back in T&T? As opposed to continuing balling in Asia ... this thread jumps from 2014 to 2016.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2016, 09:26:44 AM »
Yes, good to get feedback from Earl Jean.  :beermug: But, even this response leaves the lingering question as to the mechanism used to benchmark the player's fitness. One is still left with the notion that an objective tool is missing from the picture. Ah will leave it there. No doubt the club will protect the player.

By the way, why is Hector back in T&T? As opposed to continuing balling in Asia ... this thread jumps from 2014 to 2016.

De de maths nah, David Clown John Williams pushing Hector to get fit in time for we next setta games, he want him to be ready so he could get call up by Hart for de St Vincent games at de end of de month.

All he concern about is W Connection making money even if he risking players health.

He must be praying Keron Cummings doh get better in a hurry.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 09:42:02 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
W Connection’s Hector eager for SCCL return
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2016, 05:47:42 PM »
W Connection’s Hector eager for SCCL return
CONCACAF.com

Hughtun Hector has been a central figure in some of DirecTV W Connection’s biggest moments in the Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League (SCCL).

He scored the dramatically in a 2-2 draw with the New York Red Bulls in the first leg of a preliminary series for the 2009/10 competition. Hector also helped the Savonetta Boys give Pumas a run for their money in the group stage, tying at home and losing by one on the road.

After a spell in the Vietnamese Super League with two different teams, the 31-year-old returned to action with W Connection earlier this year and is back in the SCCL.

“It’s a very, very high level competition, one of the top competitions on this side of the world,” the Trinidad & Tobago international said. “We always try to play at a high level and I think it’s very good for players who have played in the Caribbean so they can showcase their skills at the highest level. From that time to now, I think it (the SCCL) has grown a lot and we always want to try and compete in this competition.”

Hector has fond memories of his early days in the SCCL, especially striking that late equalizer off a failed clearance that allowed W Connection to draw the Red Bulls, 2-2, at Manny Ramjohn Stadium.

“I remember the whole team played well, I played well and I had the confidence that time. When I scored the goal, it was a good goal,” remarked Hector. “I tried to do my best and I shot and scored. The whole team was happy and this is what I want. I think this time around I can repeat the same form I showed around that time and score goals in the SCCL.”

W Connection went on to the group stage and opened eyes with an inspired 2-2 result against Pumas in Marabella, a stoppage time goal by Juan Francisco Palencia (the current Pumas head coach) was the only thing separating them from a historic win.

When they met again in Mexico City, W Connection took a second-half lead, only to concede twice in the final 22 minutes and fall, 2-1.

“We were very disappointed because we felt we could have gotten the result we wanted in Mexico which could have carried us through to the next round,” Hector commented. “Unfortunately, we made a mistake in the back and conceded two easy goals.”

Seven years later, W Connection again finds itself in the same group as Pumas, opening the competition against the Mexican powerhouse at Ato Boldon Stadium on August 3.

“We are confident this time around we can get the result against them at home which will push us forward in the rest of the group stage,” expressed Hector. “I think once we can get a result at home, we can go to Mexico and pull off a result.”

With that in mind, Hector said the team has worked on ball possession and fitness in the preseason buildup to the start of the tournament.

“It will be important for us to keep the ball a lot and not give it away easy, so we’re working a lot on our possession and trying to get fit so we can compete with this Mexican team,” Hector finished. “The first game is very important for us.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>