March 28, 2024, 02:23:44 PM

Author Topic: i dunno bout allyuh but this is good news to me  (Read 3245 times)

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
i dunno bout allyuh but this is good news to me
« on: November 05, 2005, 01:39:08 PM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=113363936

Government is one step closer to establishing a new modern hospital and academic medical centre in Port of Spain.

Health Minister John Rahael said yesterday that Cabinet had approved the collaboration between John Hopkins International Hospital and the Government of this country through the University of Trinidad and Tobago in developing programmes of health care and service delivery.

The new modern hospital is one of the proposals made by the John Hopkins International Hospital in its report.

Prime Minister Patrick Manning in winding up the budget debate this year made mention of this new hospital.

Manning had said that consideration was being given to establishing a new teaching hospital on the grounds south of Memorial Park to replace the Port of Spain General Hospital.

Rahael said in order to move this plan forward a joint advisory council will be established to "oversee, manage and plan the implementation of such programmes and initiatives".

According to Rahael, this council will arrange the commissioning of the feasibility study for the proposed academic medical centre, including hospital facilities based upon the North American model.

He said the Government has already identified some lands for the establishment of this project.

Rahael added that discussions between John Hopkins University and UTT have identified areas for development of programmes of excellence.

These include development of a comprehensive clinical programme, management programmes for existing facilities including Port of Spain and San Fernando General Hospitals, medical personnel training and continued professional education and research based activities.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

TrinInfinite

Re: i dunno bout allyuh but this is good news to me
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 01:55:21 PM »
dey shoulda tear down pos general 15 years ago, dat place like hotel california, once u check in, u can neva leave, coz yuh dead

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 02:20:26 PM »
breds i remember going in the hospital with ah bredren who get shoot and we sit down and lime so long we forget de man get shoot all kinda thing. we wait so long that the man who shoot him come and meet we in de hospital with ah whole set ah chop on he body and he come and get call out before we.police ask we all kinda question and dout when we tell him the man who shoot him in the back getting treated.

the whole thing last from 11pm to 10am

TrinInfinite

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2005, 03:23:32 PM »
dat is a classic example, cant believe dat, real bullshit, pos general neva improve, de govt juss sit back and watch it deteriorate, while manning and panday chirren goin 2 hospitals in de states and abroad coz dey fraid pos general, but de rest of de population have 2 settle 4 hotel california

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2005, 11:10:22 AM »
whats going on with Mt. Hope complex by the way?
they coulda made that the main hospital in the country and then put smaller ones around the country.
I don't believe POS should have a real big hosptial inside the city due to things like traffic and building clustering.they should build one to serve places like Diego,Carenage and Cocorite areas somewhere down Mucurapo if it have space down there.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2005, 01:01:22 PM »
That new hospital is just another way for money to disappear. Nothing wrong with the POS general hospital. The problem is the staff and the people running it. Same thing going and happen to this new one.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2005, 02:14:11 PM »
That new hospital is just another way for money to disappear. Nothing wrong with the POS general hospital. The problem is the staff and the people running it. Same thing going and happen to this new one.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
you must didnt go there in ah while

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2005, 07:12:32 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
you must didnt go there in ah while
Fuh real I from South.  Last time I was there was in 2001.
But I sure everybody problem is with the service from the doctor and them and not the hospital itself. I know some nurse from South who used to full people prescription and coulda perform surgery from they house fuss they have medical supplies. Spending more money ain't going and change the attitude and work ethic of the staff. Watch and you go see.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2005, 07:43:54 PM »
thats true too..my recollection of hospital staff and some of the Public servies people is of them being real hoggish..now i living out here i see what real customer service is all about...my first time couple times i was eating out up here i used to ask my wife why the hell the waitress being so overly nice..i just wasnt accustomed to it lol

it going to take a lot for people in the public sector to change their way of treating people,taking pride in their job and also doing the best they can.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2005, 08:59:10 PM »
service in america is one ah the only things i would miss when i leave

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2005, 11:30:35 PM »
breds i remember going in the hospital with ah bredren who get shoot and we sit down and lime so long we forget de man get shoot all kinda thing. we wait so long that the man who shoot him come and meet we in de hospital with ah whole set ah chop on he body and he come and get call out before we.police ask we all kinda question and dout when we tell him the man who shoot him in the back getting treated.

the whole thing last from 11pm to 10am

Morvant
if ever I meet yuh face to face yuh have to tell meh that story from start to finsh
cause that is ah classic

a man get shoot gone to the hospital and the shooter come into the hospital chop up sonding like he worse off than the ma who get shoot

Més que un club.

1]; } ?>