April 28, 2024, 09:03:50 AM

Author Topic: TTCB heads to the polls today at 3pm  (Read 608 times)

socafighter

TTCB heads to the polls today at 3pm
« on: October 25, 2013, 11:05:42 PM »

TTCB heads to the polls today at 3pm
By Roger Seepersad
Story Created: Oct 25, 2013 at 10:04 PM ECT

The Trinidad and Tobago Cricket Board will hold its 57th Annual General Meeting (AGM) at the National Cricket Centre in Balmain Couva today when 48 representatives from clubs, zones and affiliates will vote for a TTCB executive to serve for the next three years.

The 48 delegates are made up of three each from the seven zones—North, East, North East, Central, South, South East and South West—two each from the five affiliate members—the T&T Umpires and Scorers Association, the T&T Women’s Cricket Association, the Secondary Schools Cricket League, the National Primary Schools Cricket League and the Tobago Cricket Association—along with the six club representatives, six nominated members and the five outgoing executive officers—president, first vice president, second vice president, general secretary and treasurer.

Today the incumbent TTCB president Azim Bassarath and his Movement for Change administration will be looking to hold off a challenge from a Dinanath Ramnarine-led faction, which also includes former T&T skipper Daren Ganga.

TTCB executive member Patrick Rampersad confirmed that Bassarath will be seeking his third stint at the TTCB helm today after taking over from Deryck Murray in 2009.

His opponent is Ramnarine, who led a clean sweep of the club representative elections and has been steadily gaining momentum leading up to the TTCB elections.
Yesterday Ramnarine confirmed that he will be contesting the TTCB presidency.

He said: “I received many requests from clubs and key stakeholders from the T&T cricket fraternity to put my name up to serve cricket once and again and I am deeply humbled by the requests to serve and all person who have put their names up to serve, I wish them all the best.”

The AGM is set to start at 3 p.m. today with the elections scheduled to start at 4 p.m.

socafighter

Re: TTCB heads to the polls today at 3pm
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 11:06:17 PM »

Lets go Dinas you can do it . Time for a change .

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 04:07:46 PM »
Azim Bassarath has been re elected as TTCB President 28-20
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

socafighter

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 05:20:00 PM »
Bassarath Slate wins T&TCB Elections over Dinas/Ganga Team

The results are in Voting as follows 28 Bassarath

...Dinas/Ganga  20

Dinas/Ganga immediately pulled out of elections.

165 Clubs, 120 voted for Dinas /Ganga

Constitution states  6 administration members and 6 nominated ones can vote.
Encumbering  administration had 11 votes to start with all out going members who can vote .
Five outgoing executive officers—president, first vice president, second vice president, general secretary and treasurer..Voted for Bassarath .

How can such individuals vote ?

Ministry of Sports is not giving the present T&TCB Administration  money to fund cricket in T&T.

Cricket clubs don't have a real voice in T&TCB . Serious problems exists.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 05:16:47 AM »
bassarath may not be everyones choice but ....he aint doing too bad....

D I's have spoken....

Ah say it, how ah see it

1]; } ?>