March 28, 2024, 09:55:34 AM

Author Topic: Gary Griffith Football Thread  (Read 10719 times)

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The truth about Griffith
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2021, 04:13:29 PM »
Wow. Disgraceful conduct. As I've said before I smelt a rat when they kept saying he was contracted for Coleraine when all evidence said he wasn't.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Gary Griffith Football Thread
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2021, 01:21:10 AM »
In all honesty I can’t stand this lasana liburd bloke, as I said previously he loves way too much gossip and mix up. he always has a mark to buss and thrives on division, disturbances and negative occurrences. this man never highlights anything positive and up lifting, only bacchanal and sadness. won’t be reading anymore of his articles since he thrives only on creating even more hard feelings instead of encouraging healing. I’m pretty sure he’s happy the team flunk out, now he has enough ammo to write related stories all summer long.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2021, 01:29:37 AM »
In all honesty I can’t stand this lasana liburd bloke, as I said previously he loves way too much gossip and mix up. he always has a mark to buss and thrives on division, disturbances and negative occurrences. this man never highlights anything positive and up lifting, only bacchanal and sadness. won’t be reading anymore of his articles since he thrives only on creating even more hard feelings instead of encouraging healing. I’m pretty sure he’s happy the team flunk out, now he has enough ammo to write related stories all summer long.

What's your tie to Fenwick and Griffith? If you're hitching a wagon to something best to check if there's a cliff nearby...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2021, 02:04:41 AM »

What's your tie to Fenwick and Griffith? If you're hitching a wagon to something best to check if there's a cliff nearby...

Lasana is a magnet for pull stones. Fairly sure I read a similar lament in the past and he's clearly returned to the readership fold.

Those are incendiary comments made about the journalist's motives and public obligation.

When you watch a football match, how often do you blame the referee or the surface for the state of play?

I'm guessing you would be among the first to be dragging journalists to their demise once democracy has disappeared.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 02:07:23 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2021, 05:17:40 AM »

Did you read the article ?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2021, 11:09:17 PM »

yes i certainly did, and it resembles all the other articles that he wrote since the days when he was engaging mr warner's attention. in all honesty i have no problem with investigative journalism where the truth is highlighted and people benefit in some capacity, but this man always seems to be on about something negative that helps no one, now tell me what is gained by this story, who wins, who does it help?

what does fenwick gun ownership has to do with football , does sit help our football to move forward into a better football arrangement? all we gained from this article is that gary was bribing mr fenwick so that his son could be capped and that mr fenwick is a license fire arm holder,and who knows how much truth their is to any  of this, for all we know it just might be majorly speculative, but in the mean time we put mr fenwick's life in danger with all the criminals roaming that country.

bottom line is that how did this help our national team gain any traction, did that story lift the spirit of the lads who are down and out because their world cup asperations were dashed? it actually puts the spot light on a young man who made a terrible mistake, which should be left alone so that the healing process may begin. in reality this article really helps none of us, in reality it serves as bloody juicy gossip and nothing more. allow us to move on mr liburd after such a heart break and stop rubbing it in please.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2021, 01:45:10 AM »

yes i certainly did, and it resembles all the other articles that he wrote since the days when he was engaging mr warner's attention. in all honesty i have no problem with investigative journalism where the truth is highlighted and people benefit in some capacity, but this man always seems to be on about something negative that helps no one, now tell me what is gained by this story, who wins, who does it help?

what does fenwick gun ownership has to do with football , does sit help our football to move forward into a better football arrangement? all we gained from this article is that gary was bribing mr fenwick so that his son could be capped and that mr fenwick is a license fire arm holder,and who knows how much truth their is to any  of this, for all we know it just might be majorly speculative, but in the mean time we put mr fenwick's life in danger with all the criminals roaming that country.

bottom line is that how did this help our national team gain any traction, did that story lift the spirit of the lads who are down and out because their world cup asperations were dashed? it actually puts the spot light on a young man who made a terrible mistake, which should be left alone so that the healing process may begin. in reality this article really helps none of us, in reality it serves as bloody juicy gossip and nothing more. allow us to move on mr liburd after such a heart break and stop rubbing it in please.

What reductionist bullshit.

Unlike you - who can make baseless accusations about players throwing matches, without confronting accountability - journalists, and the subjects of their attention, are confronted with a built-in safeguard regarding baseless accusations and the truth. So, the standard to which Liburd is held is superior to your irresponsible conjecture.

Despite your budding concern for Fenwick's safety, he seems to have survived roughly two decades of criminality that haven't tempered his temperament. Seems he can handle his stories. That aside, obtaining a firearm licence in T&T is not a loose, easy straightforward affair. Doh get tie up. And doh pretend yuh doh know that the CoP/Police Service are key in the process of getting the firearm. Those dots easy enough for you to connect without hand holding?

He either received a firearm licence or did not. Not speculative. Not juicy gossip.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 05:25:20 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2021, 02:47:13 AM »
More to the point, it aint his bloody job to ass-kiss the national team, Fenwick, and whoever you seem to like at the moment - especially since you've already got that angle thoroughly covered.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2021, 08:11:51 AM »

From your statement above it seems as if you're carrying some sort of personal animus towards Liburd. You can dislike his writing and be critical of it but to say you dislike the man says more about you. Anyway, if you were to truly read his articles you'd find he is not a what, who, when and where journalist as is the case with most modern TnT journalists. He delves into the why and how as clearly indicated in those two articles.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
CoP sues TTCB selector for post on son's national football team selection
« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2021, 11:50:00 AM »
CoP sues TTCB selector for post on son's national football team selection
By Jada Loutoo (T&T Newsday)

POLICE Commissioner Gary Griffith has taken legal action against a former cricketer for statements on a news website questioning the brief inclusion of the commissioner’s son on Trinidad and Tobago’s national football team.

Griffith’s attorneys Larry Lalla, Vashisht Seepersad and Taruna Mangroo, of the law firm Atticus Finch, filed the defamation claim against Deonarine Deyal, one of the T&T Cricket Board’s under-19 selectors. Deyal was served with the claim on June 9.

A judge has yet to be assigned to the matter.

Griffith’s claim accuses Deyal of making a highly defamatory post under a news article on the Wired868 Facebook page about the selection of his son Gary Griffith III.

The post was made on January 27.

The article on Wired868 was headlined: Fenwick adds 8 N/American players to T&T squad: No space for Cyrus and Lobo.

The lawsuit, filed in the High Court, alleges that Deyal “saw it fit to publish” from his Facebook profile, in the comments section under the article, a defamatory statement questioning the selection of Griffith III.

Griffith contends that the “ordinary and reasonable-minded reader, upon reading the post, would have believed the defendant to be implying or inferring or conveying by way of innuendo” that the commissioner was “guilty of bribing” the former head coach of the team as an inducement for his son’s selection.

It alleges that the obvious inferences of Deyal’s post would be understood to mean that the commissioner was guilty of bribery, biased in his duties, exercised his discretion unlawfully, used his office and position for his own benefit and his son’s, had abused his power, was guilty of misconduct in public office, was corrupt, dishonest, lacked morality and integrity, was unworthy of the public’s trust, was not fit to hold public office and deserved to be condemned and ridiculed by the public.

Griffith is asking for an injunction to stop Deyal, or anyone associated with him, from making the same or similar allegations against him. He also wants compensation for the defamatory post.

His lawsuit said the defamatory words had lowered him in the estimation of readers nationally and internationally, since the Wired868 news page can be viewed by a large audience worldwide and allows anyone with access to the article or post to screenshot and share it.

The claim also says Deyal elected to publish the unfounded, unsubstantiated defamatory statements to embarrass Griffith and did not seek the commissioner’s response or to verify the information.

It also said since Deyal was a national sporting figure he knew his words would “carry much weight and would have public resonance” and would cause more damage to the commissioner’s good name and reputation.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
CoP threatens lawsuits against 3 for defamation
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2021, 02:27:24 PM »
CoP threatens lawsuits against 3 for defamation
By Jada Loutoo (T&T Newsday)

POLICE Commissioner Gary Griffith has again initiated legal action over statements made about his son’s inclusion on the Trinidad and Tobago national football team.

Earlier this month, proceedings were filed against an ex-national cricketer for statements made on social media.

On Friday, attorneys for Griffith Larry Lalla and Vashisht Seepersad fired off a pre-action protocol letter to public relations practitioner Dennise Demming and sports journalist Lasana Liburd accusing them of publishing defamatory statements about him.

Seepersad said the statements on Liburd’s Wire868 website and Facebook page as well as Demming’s own website were “defamatory, offensive, unfounded and highly irresponsible.”

The statements relate to an opinion piece by Demming, published on June 24, on her website, and reposted on Wired868, headlined: “Demming: Today he used his power to try to get his son into national team, what will it be tomorrow?”

Seepersad said the article implied that Griffith abused his office as commissioner to influence his son’s selection on the national football team; was guilty of malfeasance; was no longer fit to perform his duties; and should resign or be removed from office.

“This letter serves to inform you that the said defamatory statements contained in the said article and the innuendos of and concerning our client, resulted in hi(s) unjustifiably brought into odium and disrepute and suffering irreparable damage to his personal, professional, national and international reputation.”

Demming and Liburd were told Griffith intended to institute High Court action against them, which would include securing an injunction to prevent further publications about Griffith.

However, they were told, as a “sensible alternative to long and expensive litigation,” the commissioner was prepared to accept, by way of settlement, an unqualified apology, an undertaking not to repeat the allegations or make similar claims, and the payment of a substantial sum in damages “to demonstrate the baselessness of the allegations” and compensate him for the injury he has suffered to his reputation.

They were given 14 days to respond.

In a separate legal letter, also sent on Friday, the two attorneys also warned Sangre Grande music producer Alan Brizan of the commissioner’s intention to institute legal proceedings against him for defamation.

The letter to Brizan concerns statements he made in February, on the deaths of Andrea Bharrat and two suspects who had been held in connection with police investigations into her disappearance and murder.

Griffith’s attorneys complained of Brizan’s initial post and a second post on his Facebook page.

Seepersad said, “We contend that your posts were the product of highly irresponsible, malicious and ignorant conduct, showing scant regard for the reputation of our client, a public official and of his office as the Commissioner of Police.”

Brizan was also given 14 days to respond to the pre-action letter. He was also given the same options as Demming and Liburd of payment of compensation and an apology.

The threat of legal action against Brizan follows a similar threat attorneys  for the music producer made in May, when a pre-action protocol letter was sent to Griffith and the Office of the Attorney General, accusing the commissioner of intimidation and misfeasance in public office.

Brizan was interviewed for hours after he posted information on February 9 on social media relating to Bharrat’s disappearance and murder.

Minutes after he made that post, Griffith sent him a message.

Griffith also said he had reported Brizan's post to the Police Complaints Authority (PCA), which was doing an independent investigation, and was contemplating filing a defamation lawsuit of his own.

In the pre-action letter, Brizan alleged false imprisonment for three hours when he was subjected to an interview with the police.

Griffith had also been accused of using his office to procure, coerce, and/or compel Brizan’s submission to the interview, using it as a tool of intimidation and not for any legitimate police investigation, and having wilfully and maliciously caused Brizan to alter his Facebook post and engaged in conduct designed to further intimidate the former media writer and graphic artist.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2022, 02:42:19 PM »
Griffith asks for Trinidad and Tobago football support after World Cup
By Jelani Beckles (T&T Newsday)

FORMER Commissioner of Police Gary Griffith is hoping after the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar more energy would be given to the development and growth of T&T football.

Griffith, a sports enthusiast and owner of All Out Sports Bar and Gourmet Grill in St Clair, invited Diplomats and Ambassadors in T&T to the World Cup launch “Going All Out at All Out” at the venue, located at the Queen’s Park Oval.

Over 20 countries are participating in the 2022 World Cup that have representation in T&T and they were all invited to the event.

Griffith wants All Out to be “one of the prime venues to view the upcoming matches.” The World Cup begins on Sunday.

Griffith thanked all for attending and took the opportunity to ask all people of T&T, that whilst they can enjoy the next few weeks, supporting their favourite team, everyone should support the Soca Warriors.

He mentioned that while the Prime Minister recently vented his concern with the demise of West Indies cricket and the Foreign and Caricom Affairs Minister Dr Amery Browne recently boasted that we would qualify for the next World Cup they must understand the team effort required in sport.

“It instead takes a whole nation to rally behind the national sporting body and the relevant teams for them to achieve their ultimate goal, as you do not get there based on past history.”

The World Cup ends on December 18.

It is in this context that Griffith asked that on December 19 be the start of T&T rallying behind local football. He called on the Government and the private sector.

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2022, 04:25:57 PM »
all right I with he on this call out-

1]; } ?>