March 28, 2024, 04:25:04 AM

Author Topic: New PoS mayor Raymond Tim Kee stays at TTFA.  (Read 6714 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
New PoS mayor Raymond Tim Kee stays at TTFA.
« on: November 02, 2013, 02:48:10 AM »
New mayor stays at TTFA.
By Clint Chan Tack (Newsday).

NEWLY elected Port-of-Spain Mayor Raymond Tim Kee yesterday said he will not be resigning as Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) president as a result of the new political post that he now holds.

Speaking with Newsday after the swearing-in ceremony of new councillors and aldermen of the Port-of-Spain City Corporation at Port-of-Spain City Hall last night, Tim Kee said: “You better believe it.”

Asked if this could create a conflict of interest, Tim Kee said his situation was far different from that of Jack Warner when he was a Cabinet minister, FIFA vice-president and Concacaf president. “Jack Warner was the senior vice-president of 210 countries. He was an employee of FIFA. He was an employee of Concacaf,” he stated.

Tim Kee said: “I am a non-income earning president. My work is voluntary. The only person in the Federation who is paid a salary is the CEO, the General Secretary Mr Sheldon Phillip and the staff.” He noted Douglas Camacho was able to serve as Guardian Life Insurance president and TT Olympic Committee president.

In his inaugural address, Tim Kee said he preferred not to give himself such a lofty title as mayor. “I prefer servant. I prefer facilitator,” said Tim Kee to an audience which included Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley and PNM MPs Marlene McDonald, Donna Cox and Patricia McIntosh.

Tim Kee pledged the corporation will exhibit qualities that “place country above self, nation above profit and a commitment to service beyond acquisition of wealth.”

“Today as a people, we are seeing the perils of greed and have rejected it,” he said. Assuring outgoing mayor Louis Lee Sing that the projects started under him would continue, Tim Kee said Port-of-Spain would become “a true capital city not only in Trinidad, but in the Caribbean.”

Tim Kee urged residents to show a strong commitment to a lawful society and “a need to do right” regardless of whether law enforcement is there or not.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 02:52:19 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New PoS mayor Raymond Tim Kee stays at TTFA.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 04:43:14 AM »
 :thinking:

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 05:55:12 AM »
flying everywhere with d team is Voluntary too... ;D

By d way...how Sheldon Phillips get dat wuck....??
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 06:20:15 AM »
Jack Warner junior in the making.

Who voted for Tim Kee or did he run for Mayor solo?

Whether he is good or bad, this is a dictator in the making.

All presidents and people in charge should only be allowed 2 terms.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 07:51:22 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: these are the changes we wanted,i don't see any difference between this admin and the past one,we didn't get change we just exchange,you all feel is a mistake they make with how much money the Footballer should get,TTFF is alive and kicking.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 12:27:08 PM by Coop's »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 08:08:43 AM »
Mayor is an appointed post in Trinidad. PNM won the POS corporation in the elections.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 09:15:48 AM »
Mayor is an appointed post in Trinidad. PNM won the POS corporation in the elections.

I thought proportional representation changed that. All Councilors and Aldermen were elected.
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 10:33:13 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: these are the changes we wanted,i don't see any difference between this adim and the past one,we didn't get change we just exchange,you all feel is a mistake they make with how much money the Footballer should get,TTFF is alive and kicking.
TimKee only inherit what your godfather left behind. Massive Debt on a scale unimaginable. It come like Bush and Obama.
What is the fuss, a Mayor is a shakehand ting & open building ribbon ceremony. Is not like he has in hand in the kitty like Minister of Works, security.

It have nobody right now who could save football in TT, unless Sabga or Gov't wipe away the owing funds.
Youth teams & staff going with nothing.
National staff eh getting paid.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2013, 11:09:57 AM »
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2013, 11:32:48 AM »
New mayor stays at TTFA.
By Clint Chan Tack (Newsday).

Asked if this could create a conflict of interest, Tim Kee said his situation was far different from that of Jack Warner when he was a Cabinet minister, FIFA vice-president and Concacaf president.

What a foolish question.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2013, 12:35:03 PM »

I thought proportional representation changed that. All Councilors and Aldermen were elected.

No, Alderman are not elected now and they never were before.

Previously, if you won the local corporation, you got to appoint 100% of the aldermen even if it was 51% to 49%.
Now with proportional representation, for every 25% vote you get you are entitled to appoint an alderman. So even if you lose 75% to 25% you still have a say.

However now you have to put up a list, or slate if you may, of potential aldermen appointees before the election.

PNM win everything in POS so they get to name every alderman and the mayor
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 12:36:36 PM by FF »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2013, 12:36:46 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: these are the changes we wanted,i don't see any difference between this adim and the past one,we didn't get change we just exchange,you all feel is a mistake they make with how much money the Footballer should get,TTFF is alive and kicking.
TimKee only inherit what your godfather left behind. Massive Debt on a scale unimaginable. It come like Bush and Obama.
What is the fuss, a Mayor is a shakehand ting & open building ribbon ceremony. Is not like he has in hand in the kitty like Minister of Works, security.

It have nobody right now who could save football in TT, unless Sabga or Gov't wipe away the owing funds.
Youth teams & staff going with nothing.
National staff eh getting paid.

What u wanted him to inherit? he knew all the problems it have because he was a part of the admin at one time, nobody ask him to jump in there,it's a decision he made because he figured he could make a difference or change things,everybody know right now it have nobody who could save Football in T&T,i am grateful to him for trying but we have to give him a chance,he said he don't get paid it's a voluntary job he does don't forget JW started off voluntary too.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 01:43:11 PM by Coop's »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2013, 02:53:57 PM »
TTFA needs a full-time President to sort out this mess - he simply has to drop the ball on one of them given the time demands of both... At least you'd think?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2013, 03:38:17 PM »
TTFA needs a full-time President to sort out this mess - he simply has to drop the ball on one of them given the time demands of both... At least you'd think?
       You are correct,this job calls for a president who is full time,i can't understand this voluntary and don't get paid thing,it's a lot of work to be voluntering,don't forget he is still an insurance executive.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2013, 04:05:38 PM »
Sheldon Phillips will probably be taking up most of the TTFA duties and act as TTFA president behind de scenes I am sure, which is ok because he is a decent fella (for now, until de corruption get to him).

What does get me vex though is how they does just get position without merit and votes.

Everybody knows somebody in T&T and everybody getting paid.

T&T does not have a democratic system at all, they have a God father system.

Anybody know how much wok Tim Kee have now.

He is de CEO of Raymond Tim Kee Investments & Insurance Services Limited/Guardian Life of the Caribbean Limited since 2002.

de TTFA president.

de Mayor of Port of Spain.

He is de Executive Agent at Raymond Tim Kee Agency.

He is on de Concacaf Associated Championships Committee as well as the Fifa Futsal Committee.

This man really good. He better than Michael Bloomberg, he doing 4 tops jobs and !!!!!! as a volunteer.

This man should be give a Chaconia medal.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2013, 04:59:16 PM »
Sam,don't worry about how much jobs he has,how much he voluntering for etc etc the important thing is he has done more for Football in the short time he has been there than JW did in twenty something years. :banginghead:

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2013, 05:31:29 PM »
I agree that is lot of voluntary work. I don't understand the parallel with Camacho in guardian life and Olympic association . Mayor is a public position and part of governance structure . Camacho was in a private institution. We will have to wait and hear from Rowley since he was against Jack holding public office and holding an international position. Mayor is a full time work. A president of a national association should not openly political. He s a PNM Mayor! It sounds to be like he is threatening Rowley!I am sure there is more to come if not from Rowley from Moonilal!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2013, 07:43:49 PM »
I could only shake my head at some of the shit I does be reading on this site yes.  Why would anybody want anything to do with anything resembling public office in Trinidad when all that awaiting them is ah set ah mauvais langue people tearing them down?  Jack drain the TTFF dry and leave the organization with a set ah debt, the TTFA can't even afford to pay Shabazz and Charles, but allyuh wondering why Tim Kee volunteering and how much job he have.  Big f**king steups!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Know when to switch hats, Mr. Mayor
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2013, 08:12:10 AM »
Know when to switch hats, Mr. Mayor
T&T Express

Newly appointed TTFA president and Port of Spain Mayor Raymond Tim Kee needs to understand from the first whistle of kick off, the difference in his two portfolios, and not to have one usurp his responsibilities of the other.

He needs to know when to speak and act as the TTFA president, and likewise when he has to be a politician, being recently appointed as mayor by the PNM.

He has received his first red card as TTFA president, via his haste to impress those who gave the authorisation to appoint him as mayor, by stating that the comments made by myself about national footballers having their mobile phones intercepted by the then PNM government, was “ridiculous, completely unfounded and foolish”.

I never knew that Mayor Tim Kee was employed in the SIA during the PNM’s term in government, because that can be the only way he can be so bold to state categorically that the statement about national footballers being intercepted was ridiculous.

However, that not being the case, it clearly shows he is unable to know when to wear his TTFA hat, and that of someone who is singing for his supper after receiving a political appointment.

The contrast in professionalism in this matter was glaring, when Mr Brent Sancho, in response to these claims, immediately put the focus where it belonged, which is at the concerns of the footballers, by stating that he was disappointed “if it was true”, but he needed to get the full scope before he says anything further.

Even MP Donna Cox simply asked for proof of this allegation, and that is an appropriate response to this matter.

However, Mayor Tim Kee seems unable to know when to switch hats of responsibility, and in this matter he has unfortunately totally sidelined the care and concern of the footballers, which should have been his first and only statement as TTFA president, by stating if anything, that he needs to get all of the facts first before making a statement, but instead he saw it fit to be political rather than looking after the welfare of the individuals under his purview.

Mayor Tim Kee needs to be guided that he should be more professional when making statements wearing his hat as TTFA president and not to politicise his post, as it would not augur well for the development of the sport.

I send this not as a politician, but as an avid supporter of sport and the players, as I know when to switch my hats.

Mayor Tim Kee should be guided to do the same.

Gary Griffith
via e-mail
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2013, 02:52:37 PM »
Sam,don't worry about how much jobs he has,how much he voluntering for etc etc the important thing is he has done more for Football in the short time he has been there than JW did in twenty something years. :banginghead:

Didn't Jack start out good too? Those who seek so many jobs that give influence are often setting something up better for themselves along the line...

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2013, 04:23:38 PM »
Wow!!! Like Coop's BEGINNIN' to see the light.
According to Coop's "he has done more for Football in the short time he has been there than JW did in twenty something years"
Am I hearing right?
Signs that he's beginning to distance himself from his hero, with a hint of acknowledging how useless Jackulito was.
There is hope oui. People do change ..... but let me not talk too quick as brainwashin' & indoctrination :banginghead: (especially with the aid of brown envelopes) is a helluva ting to reverse
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2013, 04:37:24 PM »
do some homework before yuh talk nah. Almost evey football President is volunteer, even Barcelona President.  :frustrated:

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2013, 05:23:15 PM »
do some homework before yuh talk nah. Almost evey football President is volunteer, even Barcelona President.  :frustrated:

President of a Football Club sure. No Football Association Chairman in Europe would have a 2nd job (President in UK is a figure head, with our Chairman being equivalent to TTFA's President)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2013, 05:51:01 PM »
President of a Football Club sure. No Football Association Chairman in Europe would have a 2nd job (President in UK is a figure head, with our Chairman being equivalent to TTFA's President)

So with the TTFA being broke... yuh want him to leave his regular job and survive on what?  The peanuts you plan on paying him?

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2013, 06:52:27 PM »

I'm pretty sure that most European presidents will receive something, although I concede, it may not be a living wage. But they will get full VIP treatment...private boxes, first class travel overseas etc. The Chairman will usually be the owner and will probably pay himself a decent wage from the club.

As president of TTFA, Tim-Kee would automatically receive VIP travel arrangements. Whether or not he receives a stipend would depend on the executive. I don't recall hearing of Camps receiving a salary, but that doesn't mean that he didn't.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2013, 07:06:22 PM »
rob ford does coach high school football on de side. ah tink tim kee could do it.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2013, 08:00:47 PM »
TTFA president is no fulltime job. He not cutting the grass on the football fields around Trinidad 9 to 5. He not answering the phones about Intl games 9-5. Wait nah...the phones actually ringing ? yuh lie ..

What full time job.. Ppl don't know, but they quick to talk and put down.. if The NEW TTFF did come in and start off with a windball cricket game..from the time they mention ok, let's go to work....some esteem ppl would say "Well, here we go again, dem come back talkin football again. "  an.. "he wha we pay for he to go Intl football meeting and he cyah kick ah lime, bet he taking trip to do we mayor POS work..tiefing we football trips to do we city promotion trips...then he doing the other way round...chhheeupps  "     ::)   :frustrated: 

hell with tha talk..i will now just  ???  &  :laugh:

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2013, 09:49:59 PM »
Maybe a full time prez would have been able to settle the last game accounts sooner and seen the 6 for a 9 deal with native spirits.......

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2013, 04:12:31 AM »
Wow!!! Like Coop's BEGINNIN' to see the light.
According to Coop's "he has done more for Football in the short time he has been there than JW did in twenty something years"
Am I hearing right?
Signs that he's beginning to distance himself from his hero, with a hint of acknowledging how useless Jackulito was.
There is hope oui. People do change ..... but let me not talk too quick as brainwashin' & indoctrination :banginghead: (especially with the aid of brown envelopes) is a helluva ting to reverse
   I knew you would like that line,it's for those like u that's what you like to hear,Coop's eh change read my posts.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2013, 06:19:41 AM »

If you know how much wuk Sunil Gulati have.

The presidents of the Spanish and Belgian FA's is also practicing lawyers and both holding all kinda posts with FIFA and UEFA.

Get real guys

1]; } ?>