April 26, 2024, 12:43:42 AM

Author Topic: New PoS mayor Raymond Tim Kee stays at TTFA.  (Read 6764 times)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New PoS mayor Raymond Tim Kee stays at TTFA.
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2013, 06:56:19 AM »
I have no problem with Tim Kee holding multiple positions/jobs once he is capable of handleing all of them,my main concerns are the problems everybody had with JW,this thing was debated in parliament for weeks,now it's no problem.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2013, 07:37:31 AM »
This discussion starting to remind me of this ... particularly at 1:14 and 2:20.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2013, 09:08:04 AM »
I have no problem with Tim Kee holding multiple positions/jobs once he is capable of handleing all of them,my main concerns are the problems everybody had with JW,this thing was debated in parliament for weeks,now it's no problem.
Not saying it's nearly the same, but there was a big difference between a Russia run by Stalin and that whiich Putin is in charge. Yet although Russia still has a lot of problems and issues today, like everywhere else, bet they don't want another Stalin.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2013, 10:25:44 AM »
rob ford does coach high school football on de side. ah tink tim kee could do it.

Let's hope it ends better.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2013, 01:01:52 PM »

Coop's stop playing de ass... the two are not even remotely the same.  Jack was a Government minister and a Fifa Ex-Co member at the same time.  The issues people had were regarding the Fifa mandate of "no government involvement in football" and the fact that as an Ex-Co member he had international duties that would pull him away from his Cabinet job.  At the time I said there were no conflicts where the "no government involvement" thing was and there wasn't.  The other concerns were legitimate... especially since there were issues being raised on this site and internationally regarding financial impropriety by Jack.  The concerns were proved legitimate.

Now you want to compare this to Tim Kee being Mayor?? Get real.  Mayoral responsibility is nowhere close to that of a Cabinet Minister, and same that TTFA responsibilities cannot compare to FIFA Executive Committee responsibilities.  The two are nowhere even comparable.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2013, 01:11:11 PM »
If your FA President is just 'picking up the phones' then the problems in the TTFA are worse than expected. They need to be a full-time negotiator, sponsor, advertiser and organiser. They need to be critical in sponsorship deals that keep teh sport going, coordinating with the national team and the leagues, putting Trinidadian players in the shop window, and most important organising the damn finances. Seriously I think you grossly underestimate what the head of a Football Association is supposed to do - otherwise what's the point of them?

They need to be well connected, well organised, and a proven leader. To sort out these finances they'd better be a miracle worker too!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2013, 01:13:28 PM »
If your FA President is just 'picking up the phones' then the problems in the TTFA are worse than expected. They need to be a full-time negotiator, sponsor, advertiser and organiser. They need to be critical in sponsorship deals that keep teh sport going, coordinating with the national team and the leagues, putting Trinidadian players in the shop window, and most important organising the damn finances. Seriously I think you grossly underestimate what the head of a Football Association is supposed to do - otherwise what's the point of them?

They need to be well connected, well organised, and a proven leader. To sort out these finances they'd better be a miracle worker too!

Have you ever heard of Sheldon Phillips?  If you think Sunil Gulati putting US players in shop window and organising finances then you in for a real shock.  I think you grossly overestimating what an FA president does.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2013, 01:17:53 PM »
You mean the guy who spends half his life flying areas trying to sell brand America, who brings his considerable networth, with a proven background in Business who has transformed the fortune of the US team, and who's spearheading the drive to get the World Cup to America?

Yea definitely a nothing job :p

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2013, 01:36:58 PM »
Sunil is not compensated by the USSF.  He gets paid by FIFA though and that's only because he's on the executive committee
He's a full time lecturer at Columbia

Not a fan of government officials being involved.  Mayor of POS is big work.  but let's see.
whey boy!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2013, 02:42:23 PM »
Bakes u are correct,Camps was an Insurance executive too i forget that.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2013, 03:43:21 PM »
You mean the guy who spends half his life flying areas trying to sell brand America, who brings his considerable networth, with a proven background in Business who has transformed the fortune of the US team, and who's spearheading the drive to get the World Cup to America?

You have proof that he "spends half his life flying areas trying to sell brand America"... because every Wednesday and Thursday he could be found at Columbia University where he teaches Econ.  That's not even counting his FIFA Ex-Co responsibilities, yuh know... de same ones that Jack was doing (whose position he took) that was going to conflict with he Cabinet duties?  When exactly he finding time to fly all over the world selling "brand America"?

I see yuh glossed over the mention of Sheldon Phillips, so let mih help yuh:

Phillips has managerial expertise in the administrative field. tHis appointment is regarded as a major step towards restoring faith in the federation. He also had a successful spell in sports management in the United States and other parts of the globe.

US Soccer President and recently elected FIFA Vice President Sunil Gulati holds Phillips in high regards having worked with him dating back to 1992

“I have known Sheldon for over 20 years when we first worked together on US Cup ‘92. He is resourceful and results driven. As the General Secretary, the TTFF will certainly benefit from his experience in the game,” Gulati said.

Phillips also holds a law degree from Samford University in Birmingham, Alabama and leveraged his legal training to acquire administrative experience working within charitable organizations, professional sports player associations, and minor league franchises.

Source

As I said... Tim Kee don't need to be as hands on with the TTFA as allyuh trying to make it seem.

----------

Coop's from what I understand Tim Kee still has his day job as an insurance executive, but I think he works for himself(?)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2013, 04:10:34 PM »
Yes Bakes. Tim-Kee owns and runs his own agency. The post Sam make mentioning two insurance positions is actually one and the same.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2013, 04:16:36 PM »
Yes Bakes. Tim-Kee owns and runs his own agency. The post Sam make mentioning two insurance positions is actually one and the same.

:beermug:

I will PM yuh fuh de address to find him when ah ready fuh mih Brazil WC tix... not sure ah could get past Corporation Council security  ;D

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2013, 06:31:51 PM »

You have proof that he "spends half his life flying areas trying to sell brand America"... because every Wednesday and Thursday he could be found at Columbia University where he teaches Econ.  That's not even counting his FIFA Ex-Co responsibilities, yuh know... de same ones that Jack was doing (whose position he took) that was going to conflict with he Cabinet duties?  When exactly he finding time to fly all over the world selling "brand America"?

I see yuh glossed over the mention of Sheldon Phillips, so let mih help yuh:

Phillips has managerial expertise in the administrative field. tHis appointment is regarded as a major step towards restoring faith in the federation. He also had a successful spell in sports management in the United States and other parts of the globe.

US Soccer President and recently elected FIFA Vice President Sunil Gulati holds Phillips in high regards having worked with him dating back to 1992

“I have known Sheldon for over 20 years when we first worked together on US Cup ‘92. He is resourceful and results driven. As the General Secretary, the TTFF will certainly benefit from his experience in the game,” Gulati said.

Phillips also holds a law degree from Samford University in Birmingham, Alabama and leveraged his legal training to acquire administrative experience working within charitable organizations, professional sports player associations, and minor league franchises.

Source

As I said... Tim Kee don't need to be as hands on with the TTFA as allyuh trying to make it seem.

----------

Coop's from what I understand Tim Kee still has his day job as an insurance executive, but I think he works for himself(?)

I'm actually a lecturer, after the first year it doesn't take that much preparation to do 2 classes :p But yea I see your point I'm getting myself twisted over the positions.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2013, 07:10:14 PM »
Sunil is not compensated by the USSF.  He gets paid by FIFA though and that's only because he's on the executive committee

Not a fan of government officials being involved.  Mayor of POS is big work.  but let's see.

Sunil did work in the World Bank while he was serving the USSF. I think he was Pres. at that time. I did talk to him briefly about football in general and the MLS.  At that time he was real focus was on the MLS. Although I see similarities, I think it is vastly different with Jack. As far I have known, All TTFF presidents have had regular jobs. Eric James was a top railway official. I think he used to run it in the 60s.Ken Galt was a Neal & Massey director or somehing. John Alleyne worked with Sando borough council(Southies correct me). I think Dom Basil was TFA man at one point. I think Vernon Bain from the East did do a term. He worked in UWI. I think a lecturer. I agree TTFF Pres. is a full time job. But at was price. What salary would you pay the TTFF president. What is the salary of the Pres. of the TTCricket Council. What about Rugby, TF, Netball, Basetball.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 07:18:24 PM by Deeks »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2013, 08:11:24 PM »

Sunil did work in the World Bank while he was serving the USSF. I think he was Pres. at that time. I did talk to him briefly about football in general and the MLS.  At that time he was real focus was on the MLS. Although I see similarities, I think it is vastly different with Jack. As far I have known, All TTFF presidents have had regular jobs. Eric James was a top railway official. I think he used to run it in the 60s.Ken Galt was a Neal & Massey director or somehing. John Alleyne worked with Sando borough council(Southies correct me). I think Dom Basil was TFA man at one point. I think Vernon Bain from the East did do a term. He worked in UWI. I think a lecturer. I agree TTFF Pres. is a full time job. But at was price. What salary would you pay the TTFF president. What is the salary of the Pres. of the TTCricket Council. What about Rugby, TF, Netball, Basetball.
     Deeks this is simple,what was Oliver Camps salary,was he getting any because he was there umteen years,i wonder if he volunteered all that time (he deserves a medal).

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2013, 09:55:41 PM »
Scamps, your cut-from-the-same-cloth pally wally deserves a medal? Nice man. Well please ... arrange a nice ceremony, go ahead and buy him a medal (gold if yuh please) and tell us about all in the cabal who attended and genuflected and how much scotch and coconut water allyuh lash together sardonically grinnin' about the megamillions siphoned off into unknown bank accounts. That is one of the sickest utterances you have made here and I shake my head in disbelief at the boldfaceness. Yuh right ... you eh change  ..... at all.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 09:58:45 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2013, 12:25:38 AM »
The main man for the US 84 WC, Alan Rothenber(whatever his name), was never on salary for the USSF. But he got a 10 million dollar compensation at the end of the tournament. Whichever way you squeeze the balloon, it will get obzokee!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2013, 12:30:59 AM »

Deeks this is simple,what was Oliver Camps salary,was he getting any because he was there umteen years,i wonder if he volunteered all that time (he deserves a medal).

Coops, we all know in Jack era how things worked. Camps maybe have been a "volunteer", but under table he was pulling a hefty renumeration. These men hiding money here, creating phantom compannies to move money all over the place. Volunteer mu backside. If these men volunteering, then I am sure they are heavily compensated for travelling, entertaining, etc, etc.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2013, 12:22:29 PM »
Scamps, your cut-from-the-same-cloth pally wally deserves a medal? Nice man. Well please ... arrange a nice ceremony, go ahead and buy him a medal (gold if yuh please) and tell us about all in the cabal who attended and genuflected and how much scotch and coconut water allyuh lash together sardonically grinnin' about the megamillions siphoned off into unknown bank accounts. That is one of the sickest utterances you have made here and I shake my head in disbelief at the boldfaceness. Yuh right ... you eh change  ..... at all.

I think yuh completely misread what it is Coop's saying.

1]; } ?>