March 29, 2024, 01:22:32 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Games (Nov. 15th and 19th, 2013).  (Read 62024 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Games (Nov. 15th and 19th, 2013).
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2013, 02:14:46 PM »
Will be exciting to see who BraveHart selects. FS he approach any of yuh people for training camp?

Jan Michael and Winny. But not sure if we can spare them for both games. 19th is not a FIFA date.

November 15th and 19th are FIFA International match days.
http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/calendar/events.html
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2013, 05:53:24 PM »
Will be exciting to see who BraveHart selects. FS he approach any of yuh people for training camp?

Jan Michael and Winny. But not sure if we can spare them for both games. 19th is not a FIFA date.

November 15th and 19th are FIFA International match days.
http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/calendar/events.html

Thanks for the correction!!  :beermug:

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2013, 03:10:50 AM »
How can they arrange a national cup for an international date? Aren't they bound to keep this fixture date blank? Can you appeal for a fixture postponement?

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2013, 10:19:54 AM »
What time is the squad announcement?

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2013, 02:45:17 PM »
The Squad selected by Head Coach Stephen Hart for the November 15th (in Montego Bay) and the November 19th (Hasely Crawford Stadium) Friendly Internationals against Jamaica is as follows :

Jan Michael Williams – Central FC
Marvin Phillip – Point Fortin Civic Centre
Justin Hoyte – Millwall
Daneil Cyrus – W Connection
Radanfah Abu Bakr – FC Vostok
Carlyle Mitchell – Vancouver Whitecaps
Aubrey David – Caledonia AIA
Sheldon Bateau – KV Mechelen
Joevin Jones – W Connection
Curtis Gonzales – Defence Force
Andre Boucaud – Notts County
Kevan George – Columbus Crew
Keon Daniel – Philadelphia Union
Densill Theobald – Caledonia AIA
Lester Peltier – Slovan Bratislava
Ataulla Guerra - Rovaniemen Palloseura
Rundell Winchester – Central FC
Kenwyne Jones – Stoke City (Captain)

Carlos Edwards – Ipswich Town (November 19th match only)
Christopher Birchall – Port Vale (November 19th match only)
Trevin Caesar – North East Stars (November 19th match only)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2013, 03:03:26 PM »
Ummm they convince Birchie to come out retirement?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2013, 03:05:56 PM »
is a farewell game for he and Carlos apparently
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Games (Nov. 15th and 19th, 2013).
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2013, 03:07:26 PM »

:(
Youtube Channel

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2013, 03:35:46 PM »
Keon daniel....what really going on with this man..he's ao inconsistent...maybe that's why he never went europe! Happy to hv him in the squad but I don't think he gives his 100% when he dons the national colors! Big squadd btw!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2013, 03:39:22 PM »
      That does not make any sense,why choose an international friendly to give a player a farewell game?are we serious?this is an opportunity to look at players you will need for the future,assess players,players gaining international experience,getting the public to know who and what we have,i had a problem identifying players at the last game,i knew names because of this site but could place who is who.I see where Jamaica will be useing locals for the games,that makes a bit of sense to me.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2013, 03:56:27 PM »
The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association today announced at a Press Conference that the November 19th Friendly International against Jamaica at the Hasely Crawford Stadium will see two of this country's 2006 World Cup team members recalled to the current senior team for a send off in front of the home fans.. Christopher Birchall and Carlos Edwards will be added to the Squad and local fans will have their opportunity to say thank you to the two stalwarts for their services to the country. Birchall has officially announced his retirement from the international game while Edwards has hinted his intentions.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2013, 04:19:05 PM »
no hector or plaza dey gone back nam or wah ???
I pity the fool....

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2013, 04:32:13 PM »
good squad...lets do it

A good chance to pay respect to Carlos and Birchall....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2013, 12:30:23 PM »
      That does not make any sense,why choose an international friendly to give a player a farewell game?are we serious?this is an opportunity to look at players you will need for the future,assess players,players gaining international experience,getting the public to know who and what we have,i had a problem identifying players at the last game,i knew names because of this site but could place who is who.I see where Jamaica will be useing locals for the games,that makes a bit of sense to me.

Coops, like yuh does go off and on sometimes.

When we don't recognize we players allyuh vex, we recognizing them, allyuh still vex.

Its a start and its a great idea is not like de world cup starting soon for T&T.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2013, 01:38:12 PM »

Coops, like yuh does go off and on sometimes.

When we don't recognize we players allyuh vex, we recognizing them, allyuh still vex.

Its a start and its a great idea is not like de world cup starting soon for T&T.

But Sam isn't it you who in another thread mention a testimonial match for these players,what is it you really want,OK lets give the country a day off in appreciation of the contribution these players made towards Football.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2013, 02:58:19 PM »
A little (not-so-secret) secret is being missed in these back and forth postings.
TTFA needs MORNEY.
They really eh dah concerned about Birch and "Los" geyyin' an appreciation day. Fork dat.
Just like the Say-a-prayer-and-come-out-and-support-Akeem-by-buying-a-t-shirt quasi fiasco, dey need an excuse to tug on de heart strings of a still partially apathetic football public and get some nice gate receipts for the broke-ass TTFA still reeling from Coops's hero's mega-siphoning off of funds.
Look on the bright side, daiz far far better than Jackulito's cabal's deeds, cause at least we killing two birds with one stone, one helping the team develop and the other filling up the coffers. I am grateful.
Bring de games. Small steps every month with a coach that the players seems desperate to play for.
Licks for de yardies!!
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2013, 05:11:44 PM »
A testimonial match (if so to speak) is really a great send off for both players, well done by the TTFA. Both players can still play competitive football and will not break the quality of the game in any way, should be a great game no the less for the players and the crowd.

I hope they can probably go a bit further and invite Gally and his Strike Squad to the game on the 19th.

When we show players that we appreciate them it only argues well for further players.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2013, 03:19:19 AM »
‘Keeper Williams ready to face ‘Reggae Boyz’
T&T Express Reports.

Trinidad and Tobago goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams wants the public to turn out in their numbers to show support to the Caribbean “Classico” encounter between T&T’s “Soca Warriors” and Jamaica on November 19, especially with English-based duo Carlos Edwards and Christopher Birchall in the lineup.

Williams was speaking yesterday as he looked at the make up of the T&T team selected by head coach Stephen Hart. He is enthused over the opportunity to face the “Reggae Boyz” in a pair of home and away fixtures.

“They are always our biggest Caribbean rivals,” Williams told TTFA Media.

“We didn’t get the opportunity to play them in the Caribbean Cup last year and obviously we didn’t meet in the World Cup qualifiers, so I think this will be a showdown to close off what has been a pretty good year for our national team.

“I know we as players will be raring for the games because of the rivalry involved, and we want to put on a good show in Montego Bay, and then when we come home on the 19th before the home fans,” said the Central FC custodian.

“This is a really big test for us and I can speak on behalf of the entire squad, I know with the new coach and everyone involved now we will be eager to get positive results both home and away. Stephen Hart is doing an exceptional job in terms of leading the team and justifying his selections. The captain Kenwyne (Jones) is also doing a really good job in leading the squad in the direction of where we want to go,” Williams added.

About the recall of Edwards and Birchall for their send offs before the home fans, Williams said he feels privileged to have played alongside them.

“I am excited to be in the squad for this game with these two players. They were two instrumental members of the squad and they were consistent in our efforts to get to the 2006 World Cup. And I am happy they will have the chance to be with  us for the second game. All in all it will be a good occasion and it should be exciting for all of us.”

The T&T squad will depart for Montego Bay on Tuesday morning ahead of Friday’s first match. The return match at Hasely Crawford Stadium kicks off at 8pm on November 19.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2013, 06:41:06 AM »
I READY

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2013, 07:09:37 AM »
I READY

Yuh buying ah ticket for yuh pardna, Reggaefan?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2013, 08:49:56 AM »
Ah hear even de Mexican team know de England B Team Jamaican anthem more than the Jamaican team.

Allyuh hear that too?

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2013, 11:45:43 AM »
I READY

Yuh buying ah ticket for yuh pardna, Reggaefan?

:D :D

any news on if this game will show abroad?

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2013, 03:59:45 PM »
Tallman...I would get RF  a ticket.. pies...nuts...beers..rum...smokes...anyting...its just that I cant hear from the man at all

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2013, 03:09:04 AM »
Warriors leave for Jamaica today
...Edwards happy for appreciation
T&T Express Reports.

Carlos Edwards has already packed his bags ahead of his flight to Port of Spain this Thursday, but has sent a message that he still has the legs to keep on representing the Red,White and Black.

The 35-year-old Ipswich Town player has been invited along with Chris Birchall to line up for Trinidad and Tobago in the November 19 friendly international at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

In a gesture by national team head coach Stephen Hart, local fans will have the chance to show their appreciation for Edwards and Birchall, who has officially announced his retirement.

Edwards will be arriving home on Thursday but wants his fans to know that he hasn’t retired from the international game and will still be available to play for T&T in the future once he falls into the plans of the coach.

“I was surprised but I’m happy that the Association sees it fit to offer the opportunity to Chris and myself to play before the home fans. I’m not getting any younger but at the same time, I’m still playing at a relatively high level and I intend to keep playing. I still want to offer my services to the national team of Trinidad and Tobago” Edwards told TTFA Media on Sunday.

“It was always my intention to keep on playing. I played the whole Gold Cup and I missed the entire preseason for my clubs so I decided it might be a good time to take a back seat from international football for a little while. But I don’t intend to call it quits just yet.

I think I still have something to offer in terms of helping the team and helping the younger players to develop with the experience that I have now. We have to build for the future and I’d like to be part of the it,” added the former Defence Force and St Anthony’s College player.

Edwards added that he hopes to link up with his 2006 teammates at some point in the future.

“I always love playing against Jamaica and I think this will be a good, competitive match on the 19th. But for me, the real occasion will be lining up with the boys from the 2006 squad before the home crowd. I feel special in a way to have this game on the 19th but you look at players like Dwight Yorke and Dennis Lawrence, it would be lovely to do it with them at some time in the future.”

Meantime, the T&T 18-man squad will depart for Montego Bay this morning with some of the overseas-based players meeting the local contingent there. T&T and Jamaica will meet in the first of two friendlies on Friday night.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2013, 07:41:34 AM »
I looking forward to Edwards putting on a good show, to prove he should still be considered for a call up.

Offline fredej

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2013, 12:41:08 PM »
no hyland :-\

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2013, 02:19:38 PM »
whos showing the game? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2013, 02:39:41 PM »
no hyland :-\

His club asked for him to be excused.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Games (Nov. 15th and 19th, 2013).
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2013, 03:48:28 PM »
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>