March 28, 2024, 11:23:08 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Games (Nov. 15th and 19th, 2013).  (Read 62006 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Games (Nov. 15th and 19th, 2013).
« Reply #180 on: November 16, 2013, 08:11:57 AM »
Ataulla Guerra's 5th minute item gives T&T 1-0 win over Jamaica in Montego Bay.

Highlights of T&T's 1-0 win over Jamaica
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_mp8IyBEziU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_mp8IyBEziU</a>

T&T head coach's post match comments - TTFA Media TV.

Hart reacts to the 1-0 win over Jamaica
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Juz0wQWgmDs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Juz0wQWgmDs</a>
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 16, 2013, 08:54:39 AM »
Peltier real tun up dat left link. Nice win fellas  :applause:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 16, 2013, 09:16:06 AM »
I'MMMMM BAAACCCCCKKKKKK! ;D ;D :D :D ;) ;) ;)

;D

I forgot about the match until Grimm had finished at 10:00 pm. Then I remembered and when to Futbol24 to check the score. Jamaica 0- T&T 1.
Nonchalantly, "Jamaica lose 1 nil." I told my girlfriend.
She shrugged, "Ehh!" Looking up from her ebook for a second. "Jamaica will win in T&T and all will be square."
"Yeah! You right." I put the laptop down on the table and sat down to watch another exciting episode of Person of Interest. 
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 09:17:38 AM by jamaica2099 »
jjbrown

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 16, 2013, 09:44:11 AM »
Fantastic result!!!
Great win fellahs!!!!
Who is number 11?
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 16, 2013, 09:54:17 AM »
p
Fantastic result!!!
Great win fellahs!!!!
Who is number 11?
peltier
I pity the fool....

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 16, 2013, 09:56:05 AM »
11. Was Peltier peltin' dong the R wing and the embarrassing dummy beats in midfield that de yardie eat
13. Was little 19 yr old yout' Rundell Winchester. He missed 2 scoring opportunities there: a header from Peltier's cross then a side footer from a left cross. Daiz life when yuh green on the international stage. He'll eventually get it right. Good to expose him now
10. Was Guerra playing cental mid and attacking
3. Was Hoyte in the first play who ran down the right wing and tried a left footer over the bar as a defender came in with a sliding blade.
14. Was Boucaud in defensive mid position.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 10:48:55 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 16, 2013, 10:33:32 AM »
Who is was that wasn't getting picked because before Hart because of his mouth or something?? Was it Peltier??

Thanks Dreamer, I was wondering if it was Cyrus and also wondered who was the 13 who missed the two chances :)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 16, 2013, 10:50:42 AM »
From that lil video we could easily won 3-0,what a change in our football.I hope we continue to improve and make up for those lost years.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #188 on: November 16, 2013, 11:14:53 AM »
From that lil video we could easily won 3-0,what a change in our football.I hope we continue to improve and make up for those lost years.
Lol, you leave out the parts where they miss chances too. Including one cleared off de line. Looked, to me, to be an even game that we pull through with good defending.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 16, 2013, 02:41:45 PM »
"Dis is not a club team!" ....

Ent!

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 16, 2013, 04:07:50 PM »
I love this website  :beermug:

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warriors could be ready to explode at de Hasely ..... BraveHart quiet
« Reply #191 on: November 17, 2013, 01:53:33 PM »
Ok people ‘sup for Nov 19th. We kept a clean sheet for the game in Yard. Now iz time to explode in de Hasely, honour "Me mum" and “Los" with tactical substitutions at the right time and destroy the visitors till it makes  Reggaefan cry. Hope we have TV coverage and radio station coverage for this event. Bateau and Hoyte performed a well executed hit and run representing T&T well for the first downpayment and have returned to Belgium and England respectively. Now iz Mitchell's time. Put Cyrus on the wing to lock dong whoever is Jamdown's danger speedster- winger.  Would love to see Joevein and Guerra play at the same time but doh want to remove Cyrus on the left for Jones so I eh sure how to do it unless we bring Jovein inside to central mid at the expense of one of the defensive mids, risking turnovers and counterattacks with all dah dribbling he doses do.

Jan-Michael

Radanfah                           Mitchell
                             Carlos (Gonzalez)                                                          Cyrus                     

K. George (Birchall)                            Boucaud (Theobald)

Peltier  (Caesar)                                                                    Guerra  (Joevin)

K. Jones                    Rundell

Subs:   Birchall, Gonzalez (but for crowd-pleasing dramatic effect, Hart may sub on Carlos jus' like Me mum. If 3 subs allowed then play Carlos early to allow Joevin  and Caesar to get a sub run), Caesar,  supah-sub Joevin, Aubrey David,  Keeper John

Imagine if  Molino, Hyland, Hector, Primus, Bateau, Hoyte, Roberts, Glen, Power, Plaza, Julius James  were available  ….. Lord Faddah.

Keon Daniel could be reconsidered after a 4 game suspension, should he apologize, confirm satisfactory mental health, pay back the TTFA or other sponsor and pay his passage (early) for the next far-away international  ……… for 4 connecting flights ….. to Kazakhstan.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 03:06:56 PM by dreamer »

Offline mackylos

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 17, 2013, 03:17:34 PM »
Good win for Trinidad :)

Reggae Boyz Suffer 1-0 Defeat to Soca Warriors   

http://jablogz.com/2013/11/reggae-boyz-suffer-1-0-defeat-to-soca-warriors/

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors could be ready to explode at de Hasely ..... BraveHart quiet
« Reply #194 on: November 17, 2013, 04:26:34 PM »
I'd have Jones at LB and focus balls down the left - if you have too defensive a LB  (isn't Cyrus a CB anyway?) then you really neuter yourself. Jones on the other hand has some wicked pace and flair and with Guerra would kill their right flank

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: November 17, 2013, 05:26:44 PM »
4-2-3-1

Jan

Cyrus
Abu
Mitchell
J.Jones

Boucaud
Bleeder

Peltier
Guerra
Carlos

Kenwyne

Birchy for Bleeder in the 60th
Rundell for Carlos in the 60th

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 17, 2013, 06:43:08 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/whLg_6YNk6g" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/whLg_6YNk6g</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TeaV6VidqIw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/TeaV6VidqIw</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 17, 2013, 10:10:06 PM »
A particular joy is growing in my Hart for this team and Peltier, Guerra, Boucaud, Molino, Hector, Hyland,  K. Daniel can be a force to bring real hurt to mid-fields everywhere! If we win de midfield battle; we win de game!  Ask Brasil and Spain!

To the Team, Kudos on the win fellas and great job by Kaptain KJ.

I believe we could win the return leg on the 19th but it will take a lot of discipline because JamRock will be coming to win!

Mr. Hart, I believe like the Special One, you possess an immense amount of talent in de belly and if used correctly; and with your seeming skill-set, this team could put plenty water in plenty people eyes Al La Belgium. Got to dream big to win big. Ask Steve Jobs! He sure played as a heavyweight for someone who didn't even know coding! 

I believe your team could want to excel and I believe you have what it takes to want to ask them too!
Keep up the Great Work; giving credit where credit is due!  Go TNT

We nah fraid ah nobody-but we respect everybody....  No byou no badder dan We! (well done audio-man)

Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #198 on: November 18, 2013, 04:19:23 AM »
Edwards excited about return match.
T&T Express Reports.

Both the Trinidad and Tobago and Jamaican national teams are in town for tomorrow’s encounter on the final FIFA international matchday for 2013.

The two teams arrived in Port of Spain on Saturday night from Montego Bay and are based at the Capital Plaza hotel ahead of the match billed as the “Caribbean Classico”.

They will undergo their final training sessions at the Hasely Crawford Stadium this evening. Also in town is Ipswich Town midfielder Carlos Edwards and Port Vale midfielder Chris Birchall who will be appear in tomorrow’s match in an official sendoff, having retired from the international game earlier this year.

“It’s great to be back and to be appreciated by the Association and the country. I’m always excited to play before the home fans and even moreso after the boys pulled off the win on Friday,” Edwards told TTFA Media.

“I know for a fact Jamaicans hate losing and they will be coming very hard at us on Tuesday to even things up. I haven’t played much against them in the past but having been around our national team for so long, I know the rivalry is one of the biggest in football when you look at all the Confederations… so in saying that, there is definitely a lot at stake,” Edwards added.

Finland-based midfielder Ataullah Guerra, the scorer of T&T’s winner on Friday, believes T&T can reproduce their winning performance but wants the local fans to be part of it.

“It was a pleasure to score for my country. It’s been a while since we beat them in Jamaica so it was a great honour for me and the team,” Guerra added.

The former San Juan Jabloteh player noted though that even after the goal was scored, he did ask skipper Kenwyne Jones why he didn’t play the initial ball to him before the Stoke City forward went for goal.

“I was so anxious and I was looking for him to pass the ball to me but he was also in a good opportunity to shoot and I was in the right spot at the right time to follow up.”

“It was a tough match for us. We played to the coach’s instructions and to our strengths and we got the result we wanted. But this game on Tuesday will be much harder because we put ourselves in a position now where we have to show our commitment to maintain a winning performance. They knew we beat them at home and they will not come here to lie down. They will be fighting down to the final whistle,” Guerra added.

Also coming into the squad for tomorrow’s match is North East Stars player Trevin Caesar, while Sheldon Bateau and Justin Hoyte have returned to their clubs in Belgium and England.

Meanwhile, Trinidad and Tobago head coach Stephen Hart  praised his players for securing their 1-0 win over Jamaica in Montego Bay on Friday night.

Hart said the effort of the players was second to none, commending skipper Kenwyne Jones and his teammates for weathering the second half storm from the “Reggae Boyz” who went in desperate search of the equalizer.

“It was a game of two halves really. I thought we started really well and we played an exceptional first half. We created some good chances in the first half and we did a lot of things well,” Hart told TTFA Media.

“But we panicked a bit in the second half and gave the ball away. Jamaica were winning the ball and putting us under pressure and playing the ball forward quickly. We gave away a lot of set-plays and neutral people might say they deserved a goal.

But in the end, a creditable showing for us. We had a brand new back four who had never played together before and we came away with a clean sheet away from home,” Hart added.

“It was a very competitive game and this is what I’ve been asking of the players,” he ended.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline jimmel14

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 18, 2013, 04:45:44 AM »
Keon Daniel could be reconsidered after a 4 game suspension, should he apologize, confirm satisfactory mental health, pay back the TTFA or other sponsor and pay his passage (early) for the next far-away international  ……… for 4 connecting flights ….. to Kazakhstan.

Lets hope he really does apologize and gets himself checked out. Something is definitely wrong with him as the unbiased ones can see. The lad loves his football. If only we could get coach man ( Bertil) to talk to him

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 18, 2013, 05:43:36 AM »
Rome wasn't built in a day
By Ian Burnett (Jamaica Observer)

Rome was not built in a day.

That's the message of Jamaica's senior football team head coach, German Winfried Schafer, as he prepares his team for tomorrow's 8:00 pm kick-off for the second leg of a two-way friendly series of matches against Caribbean neighbours Trinidad and Tobago at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

"First of all team building is not a one-day or a two-day thing, team building is a process that could take some time, maybe one year," Schafer told the Jamaica Observer yesterday, prior to the team's scheduled training session at the match venue.

In Friday's game at the Montego Bay Sports Complex, Ataulla Guerra gave the visitors a fifth-minute lead which held up in the end.

Both team arrived here on Saturday night and are now resident at the Capital Plaza Hotel in Port of Spain.

The 18-man Reggae Boyz squad was taken through a light jog and stretching exercise yesterday morning at the Hasely Crawford Complex, under the watchful eyes of physical trainer Andre Waugh and Schafer.
But now the coach wants the development process to kick in earnestly.

"Now our new goal is to build a new team for the 2018 World Cup, but before we start the qualifications for that World Cup, there will be the Caribbean Cup, the Gold Cup and possibly the Confederation Cup from South America.

"To do that we have to watch our local players, and this is not against the players from England, but the local players must be the heart of the team. But we must understand that we cannot play without the best players from outside of Jamaica," Schafer stressed.

He cited the present Trinidad and Tobago team as an example, in which the twin-island republic has a number of European-based players mixed with locally-based players.

Schafer noted that the team needs leaders, three of four players who have the trust of the others, and players who will need support from the technical staff. "They will have to form the spine of the team," Schafer said.

Still, he lamented the short time to prepare teams, since he has been here, but he takes it in stride.

"This new team we have had only two days training, which is not enough. We played our last four games in the World Cup qualifiers against teams who were in the Gold Cup, where they played together for nearly a month, while our team came together only a few days before each game. This is not possible, but for me it is not important.

"What is important now is development. We had a meeting with the players this morning and we discussed the game, the mistakes and things that were not good. Mistakes are different from things that are crazy. I want them to make fewer mistakes the more games we play," he said.

In further explaining his point, the coach said if it were just to get a win, then he could put enough players behind the ball and probably hope for a goal from a set piece, but that was not the intention.

The intention is to try to play good, constructive football, the way it is to be played. He's also willing to give the players the freedom to express themselves, and hopefully minimize on past mistakes.

"Probably you will see different players the next time we play, because though I'm prepared to give players the chance to prove themselves, if they don't show that they are capable of learning from their mistakes, then they will not be in the list going forward."

Squad: Richard McCullam, Gariece McPherson, Je-Vaughn Watson, Dicoy Williams, Montrose Phinn, Alvas Powell, Darren Mattocks, Omar Daley, Deshorn Brown, Jermaine Anderson, Kemar Lawrence, Michael Seaton, Jason Johnson, Jermaine Woozencraft, Andrew Vanzie, Adrian Reid, Brian Brown, Upston Edwards.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #201 on: November 18, 2013, 10:51:17 AM »
Ok people ‘sup for Nov 19th. We kept a clean sheet for the game in Yard. Now iz time to explode in de Hasely, honour "Me mum" and “Los" with tactical substitutions at the right time and destroy the visitors till it makes  Reggaefan cry. Hope we have TV coverage and radio station coverage for this event. Bateau and Hoyte performed a well executed hit and run representing T&T well for the first downpayment and have returned to Belgium and England respectively. Now iz Mitchell's time. Put Cyrus on the wing to lock dong whoever is Jamdown's danger speedster- winger.  Would love to see Joevein and Guerra play at the same time but doh want to remove Cyrus on the left for Jones so I eh sure how to do it unless we bring Jovein inside to central mid at the expense of one of the defensive mids, risking turnovers and counterattacks with all dah dribbling he doses do.

Jan-Michael

Radanfah                           Mitchell
                             Carlos (Gonzalez)                                                          Cyrus                     

K. George (Birchall)                            Boucaud (Theobald)

Peltier  (Caesar)                                                                    Guerra  (Joevin)

K. Jones                    Rundell

Subs:   Birchall, Gonzalez (but for crowd-pleasing dramatic effect, Hart may sub on Carlos jus' like Me mum. If 3 subs allowed then play Carlos early to allow Joevin  and Caesar to get a sub run), Caesar,  supah-sub Joevin, Aubrey David,  Keeper John

Imagine if  Molino, Hyland, Hector, Primus, Bateau, Hoyte, Roberts, Glen, Power, Plaza, Julius James  were available  ….. Lord Faddah.

keon finished....

i wouldn't waste guerra on the left wing, playing behind KJ is the best thing for him.. i still feel lester should play the left winger with boucard on the right, drop guerra in the center...

for this coming game, carlos will do fine on the right wing, or right back, so i guess it depends, that formation can change drastically
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 10:53:30 AM by Controversial »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 18, 2013, 11:45:40 AM »
Any live stream for de foreign based tomorrow? I got an indirect request from a yout' abroad. I am sure at least some radiostation might carry it whether it is de fearless one or others.  Anybody knows which radiostations carryin' it? Why T&T people must grovel so to support such a good cause Jed? Yuh tink dah go happen in Honduras, Guatemala or poor-ass Nicaragua. Why boy?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 11:48:11 AM by dreamer »

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 18, 2013, 11:52:34 AM »
Great win for the boys, in five months our football on the pitch has improved, long may it continue.
Should Stephen Hart be credited for this positive trend?

Absolutely along with the players for being able to take on the challenge and the TTFA for the improved commitment.

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 18, 2013, 12:24:29 PM »
This is not the time where you may find the team exploding and winning by big margins, as the coach said this is a period for building and experimenting.

The exploding will come when WCQ starts for 2018!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
SWO Live Media Coverage of T&T vs. Jamaica
« Reply #205 on: November 18, 2013, 12:28:01 PM »
Join Soca Warriors Online media representatives Omar "Dinho" Romero, Anthony "Firebrand" Valley and Andre Samuel from the Hasely Crawford Stadium as they bring you live coverage of the T&T vs Jamaica Friendly International Match.

Click on the SWO Live Media Channel and you can RSVP for the event to be reminded at game time. We will be doing pregame and post-game commentary, as well as live audio updates of the game time action in a "Fan Zone" type format.

SocaWarriors.net forumites attending the game are also welcome to serve as SWO Media Reps. for the Day and are encouraged to post pics and videos of all the action including, tailgate gatherings, the Big Flag, rhythm sections, fans in and out of the stadium, etc.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 12:31:15 PM by dinho »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: SWO Live Media Coverage of T&T vs. Jamaica
« Reply #206 on: November 18, 2013, 12:38:57 PM »
Good, I also posted it on the SWO Facebook page.

For the foreign base, remember the time change (daylight savings time)..

So in NY, the game is 7pm.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 12:52:38 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 18, 2013, 02:21:05 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/NmUKcYl5AA8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/NmUKcYl5AA8</a>

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 18, 2013, 02:25:55 PM »
Okay cool and big-up to the Soca Warriors Online media representatives making this live coverage possible!  :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 18, 2013, 02:38:02 PM »
This is so necessary to rebuild our old faithful's and get them behind the team again, sell shirts, buy tickets for the games as well as travel to see them play. Slowly, keeping clean sheets, drawing games we should lose and winning games we should win will get us there.

Have to give Hart a lot of credit for shaping this team and winning the affection, trust and discipline of the players. Maybe it's too soon to pile on the praises because where we were to where we are isn't really significantly awarding in terms of us been a powerhouse, however, it does give us hope that we have something to look forward to for the future.

1]; } ?>