March 28, 2024, 07:28:22 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Games (Nov. 15th and 19th, 2013).  (Read 61994 times)

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: SWO Live Media Coverage of T&T vs. Jamaica
« Reply #210 on: November 18, 2013, 02:44:54 PM »
Excellent stuff, sadly will be too early my time :( but I signed up and followed your channel. Will you record your post-game analysis?

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 18, 2013, 02:46:19 PM »
I am not sure if ustream auto saves it or not. I know twitch.tv does because I use it a lot.

from my recollection of ustream it saves the video files locally (on ur pc).

Anyway from my experience streaming, I strongly recommend using open broadcaster, because it's free, also it's not really a resource hog and its much faster than any other software/better quality.
Link for OB: http://obsproject.com/
And just make a twitch.tv account (it works really well @ 1020p)

I don't like livestream software.. its really buggie.. xsplit kinda sucking these days as well.

If SWO needs help (configuring etc) let me know(there is also a 64bit version that is recommended).
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 03:21:08 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Games (Nov. 15th and 19th, 2013).
« Reply #212 on: November 18, 2013, 04:33:33 PM »
 Congrats to the team, coaches and management- the test is in the second game when we are at home. The journey  of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Carry on ah cheering in the cold.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 18, 2013, 05:10:41 PM »
Congrats to the team, coaches and management- the test is in the second game when we are at home. The journey  of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Carry on ah cheering in the cold.

Clean sheet away from home and no bookings. Hart is doing great!

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 18, 2013, 05:15:23 PM »
Who have the big flag?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 18, 2013, 07:01:12 PM »

Shotta...who is de bess ting in yuh footer?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 18, 2013, 07:42:03 PM »
good work folks
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 18, 2013, 07:43:29 PM »
Congrats to the team. Finally TT football is going in the direction many of us want. The win over JA was long over due.   

But lets not get ahead of ourselves. The JA team was a make shift experimental team.  Their European based players were not present. and 5 or 6 MLS boys were present. The truth is that JA has more depth than TT at the moment. I believe they can fill all eleven spots with European based players if they wanted to. But whether that will work for them is another story. My point is that the real test for TT will come when JA finds the right mixture of local and foreign based. TT is ahead of them in this area..

I calling this now for tomorrow TT 2 - 1 JA.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 18, 2013, 08:10:29 PM »
tnt...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 18, 2013, 09:13:30 PM »
Much thanks fellas
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 19, 2013, 04:04:36 AM »

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 19, 2013, 04:41:03 AM »
Yoo is 9 ppl they had on their squad from the WC qualifiers eh...so they cld make shiftt some nuts...we beat them...talk done! Soca all de wayyy
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 19, 2013, 05:08:04 AM »

is this for real and do we get it online?
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 19, 2013, 05:41:53 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/wI46WDDDgD4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/wI46WDDDgD4</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/yPCtoxm1lbQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/yPCtoxm1lbQ</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 19, 2013, 09:52:48 AM »
Age doesn't matter for Michael Seaton
By Ian Burnett (Jamaica Observer)

He's only 17 and a half year old, but stands at 6'1" and tips the scales at 186 lb. He's confident, self-assertive even, fearless, yet fully prepared to put in a shift for his team.

He's DC United's striker Michael Seaton, who debuted for Jamaica's senior Reggae Boyz in last Friday's 0-1 loss to Trinidad and Tobago at the Montego Bay Sports Complex.

The rookie entered the field at the start of the second-half alongside Montego Bay United's midfielder Jermaine Woozencraft, and the duo proceeded to inject new life into the home side's play as the Boyz rallied to tip the balance back into their favour, though the equalising goal never materialised.

The coaching staff was pleasantly surprised with Seaton's 45-minute display.

"I was quite impressed with him, seeing him from the Under-17s, he has never impressed me at that level, but one thing, he has grown and he has matured, seemingly, he came on and did extremely well," enthused Vin Blaine, assistant head coach of the Reggae Boyz.

"He showed composure on the ball, he showed maturity, his movement off the ball, I think, had changed the game up top. You could see that there was some mobility up front that we were not getting in the first half, so with that in mind I'm really impressed with him now," added Blaine, who noted that at times during the game Seaton's play belied his tender age.

Added Blaine: "Definitely he is one for the future and he wants to play for Jamaica. What I also liked about him was that he was enjoying his game, he wasn't intimidated by the fact that he was playing against people who were much older than him, and for a moment I lost the fact that he was only 17, but he looked great.

"I think the coach was pleasantly surprised by his play and his inclusion was based on how well he performed in training; there was just something about him in training the day before that piqued the coach's interest and he brought him in over more experienced players and I think that augurs well for him in the future."

For Seaton, who migrated to the United States of America almost 10 years ago, this has been a meteoric start to his professional career.

He started the season at DC United in Major League Soccer, was lent out to Richmond Kickers in the lower USL, and before he knew it, he's been drafted into the national senior team. But he's not complaining.

"It was great," he told the Jamaica Observer with a childish laugh yesterday.

"Coach said to me that in the second half I was going to go in, but going in was not overwhelming because I wasn't nervous like I usually am. I felt good and my first touch was positive, that's the main thing when I go in a game, if the first touch is good, then overall your game is going to be good, and every time I touched the ball I never lost it, so I felt good," he reflected.

Seaton has admitted that head coach Winfried Schafer is yet to review his game in a one-on-one situation, but he revealed that he has had encouraging words from the other members of the technical staff.

Throughout the interview Seaton's joy at his senior debut was evident, but he has claimed that his mother, Kamone Lee Henry, enjoyed it even more.

"I enjoyed it, but my mom enjoyed it even more than me," he said. "She called me right after the game and my grandmother was there and they told me I played great and that people behind them in the stands were saying who's that, he's a baller and things like that, so that was good."

The player also noted that he was surprised when his mother got a telephone call from team manager Roy Simpson that he was invited to the national team for the two friendly games.

Seaton was a member of the Jamaica Under-17 team which failed to qualify for the FIFA Under-17 World Cup during the CONCACAF Championship in Panama earlier this year.

But he is more than happy with his first season as a professional, even if it didn't start as well as he would have liked.

"I am a forward so they (DC team management) expect that if I can't turn and dribble a guy, then hold the ball up and that's what I lacked at pre-season because I'm not going to lie, because every time I touched the ball in pre-season I was on my face on the ground, but now I'm putting people on the ground, so it is a lot of change.

"I didn't get significant playing time at DC United, I got one 90-minute game, but not much after that. You have to give a young player a lot of minutes for him to go in there and shine, but they lent me out to Richmond Kickers in the USL where I played well, scored a number of goals (five in 10 matches). I know I could have scored a lot more goals, but it comes with development and learning the game.

"Next year I know I can go up to 10 goals easily because I hit the post a couple of times and the goalkeepers made some incredible saves."

The player, who patterns himself off Liverpool and Uruguay striker Luiz Suarez, is hopeful of returning to DC United for preseason training and proving himself good enough to earn a place in the first team.

"I'm gonna go in preseason in Indonesia with the team and I'm going to show them that I should be starting, not the first string forward, not the second string forward, I want to be the top forward and that's what I'm going to show them," he pledged.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: November 19, 2013, 10:05:00 AM »
Winning isn't everything!
By Ian Burnett (Jamaica Observer)

Schafer desires improved performance from Boyz in T&T rematch

Jamaica's Reggae Boyz and Trinidad's Soca Warriors will conclude their two-game friendly international series dubbed 'Caribbean Clasico' at the Hasely Crawford Stadium here at 8:00 pm (7:00 pm Jamaica time) today.

The hosts won the first leg 1-0 last Friday at the Montego Bay Sports Complex courtesy of a fifth-minute strike by Finnish-based player Ataulla Guerra. It marked the first victory for the twin-isle republic away to Jamaica since 1949 and the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) is revelling in breaking the jinx.

At a pre-game press conference mid-afternoon at Trotters Restaurant yesterday, Sheldon Phillips, general secretary of the TTFA, noted that today's game will take on "heightened significance" with Trinidad and Tobago achieving that.

"We are certainly pleased to host our friends and we believe our key partners in the rise of Caribbean football. These are exciting times for our region and our fans will have the chance to witness both teams begin their march to 2018."

Phillips further noted that this match carries added significance, as it will serve as an opportunity to publicly acknowledge and thank Chris Birchall, the Port Vale player, who earlier in his international career became a fan favourite, and with his goal against Bahrain, which helped Trinidad and Tobago to qualify for the 2006 FIFA World Cup Finals in Germany, became a legend.

The TTFA will also use the game to acknowledge the contributions of Carlos Edwards, the Ipswich Town player, who will not be retiring from international football, but will be honoured for his service to the TTFA, in this the 14th and final international for 2013.

For Jamaica's German head coach Winfried Schafer, the main plan is for his team to show improvement from last Friday's offering.

"The result is not very important, it is secondary, what is important is the players, the development of the players... I want to see tomorrow (today) that they learn from the last match and that they minimise their mistakes," he said.

He added that he was happy for these two games as they provide the local-based players and those in the US Major League Soccer with experience.

"The first 15 minutes there were mistakes as the players were nervous and Trinidad had some chances," Schafer added. "We spoke at half time and in the second half we played very well, but our problem, as in the qualifiers, is that we don't have enough players to score goals."

Schafer said that he told journalists in Jamaica that everybody should give support to the players, even when they make mistakes, as that is the only way they can develop and the team progress.

And with that in mind the coach appears set to wring the changes for today's game, if yesterday's final training session outside the Hasely Crawford Stadium, but within the complex, is anything to go by.
In his walk through of the team there appears to be five changes from the starting XI from last Friday. Richard McCallum remains in goal, guarded by Upson Edwards and Alvas Powell in central defence, flanked by Kemar Lawrence on the left and Adrian Reid on the right.

Captain Je-Vaughn Watson and Jermaine Woozencraft, the busybody central midfielder who clearly earned the right after impressing in last Friday's game, will anchor the midfield with Omar Daley and Jason Johnson on the flanks. Teenager Michael Seaton looks set to make his first start, alongside Deshorn Brown.

For the homeside, coach Stephen Hart said he would continue to experiment with the squad.

"This is a unique opportunity for us to play two matches home and away as I said when the game was announced. It sort of mirrors what is necessary if you are trying to qualify and I would like to thank the Jamaica Football Federation for working in co-ordination with us to provide this opportunity," he said yesterday.

"It also gives me an opportunity to continue to experiment with the team, with players, to mix and match and evaluate players by seeing them in international competition, and though this game is billed as a friendly, the spirit in which it was played in Jamaica was excellent but very competitive, and in order to raise standards that is necessary."

There is no question that the home side will be strengthened by the addition of Edwards and Birchall, and with captain Kenwyne Jones also available, but Scharfer's main desire in this rebuilding phase is to see his team serve up an improved showing, final result aside.

Jamaica's squad: Richard McCullam, Gariece McPherson, Je-Vaughn Watson, Dicoy Williams, Montrose Phinn, Alvas Powell, Darren Mattocks, Omar Daley, Deshorn Brown, Jermaine Anderson, Kemar Lawrence, Michael Seaton, Jason Johnson, Jermaine Woozencraft, Andrew Vanzie, Adrian Reid, Brian Brown, Upston Edwards.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 19, 2013, 10:31:04 AM »
'My Biggest Achievement' - Leading Jamaica Gives Watson Great Pride Midfielder Hopes Team Will Turn Tables On T&T
By Ryon Jones (Jamaica Gleaner)

Je-Vaughn Watson was left disappointed after his first match as captain of the country's senior men's football team ended in defeat. They were clipped 1-0 by Trinidad and Tobago at the Montego Sports Complex, Catherine Hall, St James, on Friday night.

"It was a wonderful feeling and a beautiful achievement, but unfortunately, we didn't come away with a result," Watson shared. "A win or a draw would have been better for the first time."

Ataulla Guerra scored the game's lone goal in the fifth minute and the Jamaicans were unable to find an equaliser.

"As the Captain (Horace Burrell) said, 'we are in the rebuilding process,' but that is no excuse for us to lose to Trinidad," reasoned the 30-year-old midfielder.

"This was more than a game, it was a rivalry match. So it is not just about playing football, it takes heart and courage to win this game."

The 22-man squad for the match consisted mainly of local-based players, including schoolboys Isamnia Cohen of Manchester High and Khesanio Hall of St Elizabeth Technical. Only seven United States-based players were invited, and Watson believes this is the correct approach during this rebuilding phase.

"I think the federation is pushing in the right direction by using a lot of local-based players to give them the experience," Watson said. "Coming from Jamaica, I play with a lot of heart and guts, and I think that's what we need to push towards the next World Cup."

STAND BY TEAM

The former Sporting Central Academy player, who is currently plying his trade for FC Dallas in Major League Soccer, is asking the Jamaican public to stand by the team despite their disappointment after a failed World Cup campaign.

"We know we didn't play well in the qualifiers and we know that people are still upset about it, but we still need the support of the fans."

Watson plans to start the process of getting back the fans on the team's side with a win over Trinidad and Tobago in tonight's return match.

"We have to go out there and win this game because they came here and won," Watson said. "It is not easy to go overseas and win, but we think we are better than this Trinidad team by two goals."

The game was the 30th for Watson representing the Reggae Boyz and despite having played in World Cup qualifiers, Gold Cup and Caribbean Football Union Championships, he deemed Friday's match to be one of his best moments in football.

"The coach came to me and asked, 'Do you want to lead the team'? And I said 'sure', without hesitation," Watson related.

"Not a lot of players get to play for the national team, let alone to captain the team. So I think this is one of my biggest achievements in football."

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 19, 2013, 11:29:53 AM »
We have to knock them out early, if we sit down because we worried they coming hard, then we go end up chasing de game and lose.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #228 on: November 19, 2013, 11:45:33 AM »
We have to knock them out early, if we sit down because we worried they coming hard, then we go end up chasing de game and lose.

there is never any worry with Steve.. he instills confidence, these players not fraid jamaica and their onslaught, i think ja should worry about us coming hard at them at home...

this is our house, the term i coined almost 10 years ago or more

PORT OF PAIN

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 19, 2013, 11:58:17 AM »
T&T vs Jamaica
Tickets on sale since 1pm at the Stadium...kick off 8pm !

Covered $100, Uncovered $75,
Kids (12-18 YRS) $50
and Kids under 12 FREE

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 19, 2013, 12:23:28 PM »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 19, 2013, 12:53:46 PM »

what u mean?
d girl in picture.............not too down with d twang huh :D
I pity the fool....

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 19, 2013, 01:07:58 PM »
Yoo is 9 ppl they had on their squad from the WC qualifiers eh...so they cld make shiftt some nuts...we beat them...talk done! Soca all de wayyy
Not according to Yardie ah was talking to on another site,I said we were missing 5 or 6 starters and he said we beat a second 11 Reggaeboyz side.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 19, 2013, 01:32:40 PM »

We not playing fear football. This stupid captain of Jamaica say that they are 2 goals better than us. It is the boasting that drives me from liking them. I always try to give some respect but these peeps boast too much. I say 3 -1 in our favor this evening.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #234 on: November 19, 2013, 01:55:12 PM »

We not playing fear football. This stupid captain of Jamaica say that they are 2 goals better than us. It is the boasting that drives me from liking them. I always try to give some respect but these peeps boast too much. I say 3 -1 in our favor this evening.

2-0
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 19, 2013, 02:02:38 PM »
The passion and pride has returned RED WHITE @ BLACK
T @ T 3. JA 0
Go Warriors

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 19, 2013, 02:17:50 PM »

what u mean?
d girl in picture.............not too down with d twang huh :D
haha.. I thought he mean football boots? I wear addies :P

She is Chloe Bennet from Marvel Agents of shield.. she plays a hacker in the tv show.. it's ok but she makes it better :D

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 19, 2013, 02:47:39 PM »
Due to broadcast rights restrictions, our Media team will only be able to do provide pre-game, half-time, and post-game coverage.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 19, 2013, 02:51:20 PM »
That's cool, but do you have recordings of the post-match analysis to watch for us foreigners? :)

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 19, 2013, 02:57:07 PM »
Who have the big flag?
got it and bringing it..go see how d crowd is and if they beat up again will at least spread it out as I sure stadium eh go be ram
Back in Trini...

1]; } ?>