April 19, 2024, 11:07:57 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Games (Nov. 15th and 19th, 2013).  (Read 62633 times)

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Games (Nov. 15th and 19th, 2013).
« Reply #360 on: November 19, 2013, 08:15:31 PM »
Something great is happening with our football...just keep upping the level!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 19, 2013, 08:18:25 PM »
I forgot about the match until Grimm had finished at 10:00 pm. Then I remembered and when to Futbol24 to check the score. Jamaica 0- T&T 1.
Nonchalantly, "Jamaica lose 1 nil." I told my girlfriend.
She shrugged, "Ehh!" Looking up from her ebook for a second. "Jamaica will win in T&T and all will be square."
"Yeah! You right." I put the laptop down on the table and sat down to watch another exciting episode of Person of Interest. 

steups u were ssaying....................bye bye

I pity the fool....

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 19, 2013, 08:19:08 PM »
Seems like T&T was missing "HART" all along?

Nice win. . . .Tulla Tulla Tulla
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 19, 2013, 08:22:22 PM »
Lefty ah see yuh pelting some serious uppercuts and left hooks dey  and cheering at the same time :)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 19, 2013, 08:24:52 PM »
Well done Warriors. Big achievement
Each win helps to create more self belief, more momentum, more fans coming back
Each talent like Guerra who scores creates options for BraveHart knowing that Molino is right there waiting to wear the #10 juzzy too.
New strikers for the future like Winchester being developed.
Defenders becoming stalwarts. Notice the trend in clean sheets. Very good sign. Note Clint Marcelle referring to Cyrus as a fortress.
Everybody got a good run .... Birchall got a good send off after reminding the crowd what his right foot rockets look like.
Carlos was there too and that was nice. Good appreciation for him
Overall a sweet result. Hard luck Yardies.

Remember this win achieved with no Molino, Hyland, Hoyte, Hector, Primus, Roberts, Glen, Bateau, Power, Julius, Keon Daniel.
Very encouragingly deep squad.

Remember we winning without
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 19, 2013, 08:25:49 PM »
Lefty ah see yuh pelting some serious uppercuts and left hooks dey  and cheering at the same time :)

He beat mih too it, so I saw no need to be redundant, hence the removed post.

I forgot about the match until Grimm had finished at 10:00 pm. Then I remembered and when to Futbol24 to check the score. Jamaica 0- T&T 1.
Nonchalantly, "Jamaica lose 1 nil." I told my girlfriend.
She shrugged, "Ehh!" Looking up from her ebook for a second. "Jamaica will win in T&T and all will be square."
"Yeah! You right." I put the laptop down on the table and sat down to watch another exciting episode of Person of Interest. 

steups u were ssaying....................bye bye

:devil:  :devil:

The laughing devil animation worked better, but this will suffice.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 19, 2013, 08:26:52 PM »
well it feels good to get one on d worst of the yardie trollz
I pity the fool....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 19, 2013, 08:34:26 PM »
Ah see the goal. Nice hard low bullet, buss net thing. Dias what we talkin bout shake dem net
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 19, 2013, 08:40:34 PM »
Anybody know what games we have lined up in the near future?

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 19, 2013, 08:41:57 PM »
Soca Warriors stock looking great
Joma looking good
Soca and Joma is an explosive combination......... :devil:
I have been waiting a loooooooong time for this
Give Hart a raise....... :(
Go Warriors
Rastafari

Offline socachynee

• Sr. Warrior
  • goals win games
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 19, 2013, 08:56:39 PM »
Well done warriors
always a good day when we give JA a beating

« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 08:58:24 PM by socachynee »

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 19, 2013, 09:09:05 PM »
Totally impressed with Team T&T tonight!!!!! We looked d part!  :beermug:

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 19, 2013, 09:10:58 PM »
Can't wait to see the game
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 19, 2013, 09:11:31 PM »
good game by TnT..had some flag issues so didn't bring it out
Back in Trini...

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 19, 2013, 09:21:24 PM »
Shotta in hiding tonight. He en see Rundell performance on d wings, good to see FOUR Tobago players on this team as well and getting game time  :beermug: :beermug:.... Well done to the team more of the same next year  ;D

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: November 19, 2013, 09:23:51 PM »
also trevin cesar..doh know him, but man came out hustling..gonna have to keep an eye on him now.
Theobald..bleh
Birchall decent last game. Crowd really appreciated him
Carlos, if that's his las game I feel kinda sorry for him cuz he has definitely done better before
Jan looked not himself in d first half but never really tested
Winchester was being shouted down by part of the crowd, really enjoyed laughing at them and reminding them they wanted him subbed when he earned the pen
Tulla, I really enjoy watching him play
Boucaud had some mistakes early but settled and showed his quality
I am honestly really excited to see how this team will continue
Back in Trini...

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 19, 2013, 09:25:14 PM »
Nice to sit in that stadium and watch a winning performance  :applause:
Thank you Chris Birchall for all the memories!  :salute:

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 19, 2013, 09:25:27 PM »
First up congratulations to the soca warriors and the entire coaching staff for the win and a nice send off for chris birchall...  well done ...... and to  mr chris birchall  a heartfelt thankyou for representing the red , white and black honourably ,  you will always be remembered not just for the wonderful strike against bahrain its as fresh as yesterday , but also for your humble character ,so with said  i want to wish you and your young family all the best from here on,  in all of your future endeavours. godbless and thanks much........ you'll always be remembered......  stay safe bro  a proud warrior

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 19, 2013, 09:25:57 PM »
TNT TNT TNT TNT TNT TNT TNT
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 19, 2013, 09:29:09 PM »
TULLA TULLA TULLA
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 19, 2013, 09:42:17 PM »
Birchie called time on his international career but tonight he showed that he can still play at a high level and his work rate will always be his shining light. Nice pre game gesture to him by the FA as well.

People sometimes question the relevance of a sporting administration to results on the field. This new FA is by no means perfect but they are trying to do things the right way and I want to publicly commend them on their progress.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 19, 2013, 09:44:03 PM »
Great result and performance tonight, only let down was the small crowd….for men who wasn't there, taken abt 15 mins into the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUQX_qssd0Y

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 19, 2013, 09:57:33 PM »
Shotta in hiding tonight. He en see Rundell performance on d wings, good to see FOUR Tobago players on this team as well and getting game time  :beermug: :beermug:.... Well done to the team more of the same next year  ;D

Didn't get to see the full match sadly, but, I had the pleasure of listening to Mr.Corneal casting  :banginghead: however grateful some things he said was a bit harsh/unprofessional to say the least. No need for that, he, Birchall will always be remembered as a hero, because that's what he is to many of us.

Not to discount Winchester, most of us want to see our favorite players on the field, still haven't seen him play yet but I've watched Plaza, and it's easy on the eyes, with him in the squad you know tnt going down fighting. Winchester is young, tonite he won us a penalty and the team won us the game, as a fan it is encouraging to see positive results, it's the motivating factor when it comes to buying shirts and attending games, lets face it, no one wants to wear a losing teams shirt or watch your team losing.. esp with your company for eg. your family. it's really emotional when that happens but winning.. well it feels good doesn't it?

Never said I don't like the kid, but his introduction to the game was the main issue. Introducing a player is important, I am no head coach but I've watched the best, and the best usually introduce them after the game is secured rather than starting. I think the reason for this is so that the player don't feel he is already part of the squad but filling in the place of his departing teammate. It's also important to see what the player adds to the team currently a goal ahead. There is more... just busy atm.

The real question will happen when Plaza is fit, will it be fair to develop against a proven seasoned player, depends on the tactics.. ya, the coaches decision too, it's ok to express an opinion.

Birch.. will miss the guy, he made the team colorful..
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 11:11:40 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 19, 2013, 10:50:17 PM »
Congrats warriors, coaching staff and management. Well done!

Now...all this love for Birchy is well deserved but wha bout Carlos who, no disrespect to Birchy, has done yeoman service for T&T and will go down as one of our best EVER footballers. No love for Carlos?  Isnt it his final appearance for T&T as well?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #384 on: November 19, 2013, 10:56:41 PM »
    Took in the game earlier. Was disappointed at the turn out. Against New Zealand we reached as the game started and had to sit down in line with a goal post. Today I reached as the teams were walking out and got a seat about 6 rows down and just about midway between the Jamaica goal (T&T goal for the second half) and the half line. Some friends arrived after kick off and we didn't have to hold the seats they got right by us.

I didn't know quite a few of the T&T players. I'm realising from this thread that Guerra was #10. Who was #19? Was that Mitchell? Except for Cyrus I didn't know any of the back 4 just by looking at them. Overall I felt that the game lacked the intensity that you'd expect from a T&T vs. Jamaica match. Especially the Jamaicans I felt didn't look the part and one would have thought they'd come into the match with fire in their belly considering the 0-1 loss at home. We settled fairly quickly and had good possession, using that as a foundation for dominating the game that was refreshing to see.

A nice build up with the #8 producing some good skill to get to the byline and cross found Kenwyne wanting. You'd expect an EPL striker to bury that comfortably. Hell, you'd expect players of less quality to have done better. We earned a lot of corners in the first half, but none looked likely to bring us a goal. You'd figure with Kenwyne on the team that we'd look a bit more threatening.

Coming out of the game though I saw the following:

• the football public does not like Kenwyne Jones. For every mistake he made, fair or not, they let him have it. Not everything they called a mistake I agreed with. It was almost as if he had to come out on top despite the pressure from defenders EVERY SINGLE TIME. When he made good plays though we either said nothing or continued to complain about a mistake he made previously. I braved some piccong to point this out during the second half, but the crowd was in a good mood by then and didn't take me on. Just before he was subbed out he made a hard 30-40 yard run back to tackle a Jamaican attacker. People bitterly complained that he did not get up and sprint forward to support the attack and his good defensive pressure was ignored.
    • Guerra, Winchester (he was #13?) and #8 showed decent maturity and work rate. Guerra at times could have been a bit more aggressive in challenging for aerial balls, but that was a minor consideration against his good touch, willingness to attack the defenders and overall work rate. Both of our full backs were aggressive, yet controlled and our wing backs were willing to get forward on occasion. I would like to see them cross the ball a bit more though.
  • Boucaud continued to impress in that holding midfield position. He presented for the ball early, protected it well, he made good safe passes in the middle zone of the field, but was also willing to take the ball forward and make more attacking passes. He and Birchall worked well together. Too bad we won't see that again.

What I liked about the performance is that while Jamaica were ordinary we just got on with the job and played to the game plan. We ensured that we took care of business and didn't give them any serious oportunities except for a freekick that Williams pushed around the post for a corner and a couple of blocked shots. My hope is that for Digicel Cup, when points are up for grabs, that we can reproduced. I wouldn't call it a polished performance, but it was a good one.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #385 on: November 19, 2013, 10:58:47 PM »

Now...all this love for Birchy is well deserved but wha bout Carlos who, no disrespect to Birchy, has done yeoman service for T&T and will go down as one of our best EVER footballers. No love for Carlos?  Isnt it his final appearance for T&T as well?

Carlos has not retired from international football. His appearances for T&T will be dependent on the coach selecting him.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 19, 2013, 11:22:30 PM »

Carlos has not retired from international football. His appearances for T&T will be dependent on the coach selecting him.

So why was the game promoted as an opportunity for locals and to show appreciation for BOTH Carlos and Birchy?

Why did coach Hart in his interview after the first match in Jamaica say the 2nd match in Trini is an opportunity to say goodbye to Carlos and Birchy as they're "getting long in the tooth"?

And did Carlos himself not say he returning from international football just recently?

But my bad. Misunderstanding in my part as I get tie up with the appreciation for both Carlos and Birchy.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 11:35:22 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 20, 2013, 12:22:44 AM »
Carlos just changed his mind!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #388 on: November 20, 2013, 03:53:41 AM »
Not trying to get over excited but I like what's going on. Apart from collecting a few crosses and mishit passes Jan was forced to make a save once in the whole game., and that was on a freekick during stoppage time. Against NZ and last night the team maintained the shape very well, and defended as a team. Against NZ we maintained possession well but in this game we were more positive . The team has a lot of pace in it Winchester, Peltier, Joevin Jones , Guerra with a nice change of pace too.

I saw someone comment about the football public not liking KJ . I'm one of them, he too old to not be able to trap and pass quickly and consistently. He actually didn't play his typical lazy man football but I figure he wanted to get back at the Jamaicans for a few rough tackles. He plays better angry it seems.

Guerra is just a player any Trinidadian would like, intelligence and flair. There's something different about him though. He presses more and fights for the ball in the air . He had a really solid game and lethal in the second half. You get the distinct impression that he can turn it on at will create something.

When Denzil came on there was a instant change in the mentality of the team. It was an instance that explained why he's been selected so many time. That man could jooks a football. Denzil came on brand shifted up a notch and rubbed the defeat in the eyes of the Yardies . We gave them the Ole treatment towards the end.

Stamp up these Jamaicans passport and tell dem thanks for coming allyuh reach home safe eh. T&T 2 - Jamaica 0 . I'm not trying to be gracious in victory at all I really just to beat them.

Side note:
The marketing for this game was absolutely absent and the ticket is not attractive. The tickets should be $40 to get people in the stands . They should look to generate revenue through tv , sponsorship and merchandising and not through gate receipts . All they doing is killing the loyal customer. It was nice to see the kits being sold outside the stadium but still not in stores which is disappointing for me. The next thing is which kit we actually playing in. So far we have used 3 joma designs on the field since July .

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Games (Nov. 15th and 19th, 2013).
« Reply #389 on: November 20, 2013, 05:19:16 AM »
next thing is which kit we actually playing in. So far we have used 3 joma designs on the field since July .

Same thing I wondering. Not buying until I can get what they are wearing, the one yesterday is my first choice
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>