March 28, 2024, 09:35:15 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Games (Nov. 15th and 19th, 2013).  (Read 62002 times)

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Games (Nov. 15th and 19th, 2013).
« Reply #390 on: November 20, 2013, 06:21:27 AM »
Usually don't chime in on post match reports and analysis, but felt compelled after the game last night.

Its either Hart is a hell of a coach, or TT has more talent than I give us credit for. Isn't last night's squad supposed to be an 'understrength' team?

Though they made mistakes here and there, and we have to take into consideration JA's team was allegedly understrength as well, I think the team did extremely well.

Haven't seen a TT team keep shape like that since Leo.

Boucaud is my type of player. Simple, neat and keeps the ball moving. His positioning was very intelligent last night.

Guerra is a lovely #10. Not shy to shoot or take players on, and he is no coward defensively either.

Dis Winchester boy.....he's 19 I hear. In two years, after he improves his crossing and decision making,  he'll be real trouble. Love his speed and confidence. Who found him?

Over the past 3/4 games I find myself warming to KJ. His control is still poor, finishing still weak, but his link up play seems to have improved a lot. He really is a handful for defences and creates space for his teammates.

Abu Bakr like he came out to give Hart a selection headache. He wasn't playing in the back. Strong in the tackle and generally looked solid.

Ahhh Carlos.....thanks alot for the service, but you didn't look good at all last night. Hope it was just last night, but age has a way it catches up to all of us.

Seeing good things if we continue in this vein.

Should be dominating the Caribbean again soon....then we'll see what we can do in Concacaf

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 20, 2013, 06:36:26 AM »
Dis Winchester boy.....he's 19 I hear. In two years, after he improves his crossing and decision making,  he'll be real trouble. Love his speed and confidence. Who found him?

We got a whisper that there were a couple of boys from Tobago setting the Super League alight. Both Stokely Vale and Phoenix were tearing up Pro League teams in the F.A. Trophy so we checked them in action.
Sancho went over to talk to Winchester's family. His cousin is Daneil Cyrus. The other player was Darren Mitchell.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 20, 2013, 08:30:24 AM »
For those who were asking, the recorded videos of the pre-match, half time and post game analysis by the SWO Media team are available on the SWO Live Media Channel

In the pre-game we were joined by forumite Brian "Patriot" Springer but unfortunately about 10 minutes of that segment leading up to the game was not recorded.

There are still some issues to clean up with the stream, audio quality and background noise but hopefully we should be able to make some more strides by the time the next fixture comes around.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 20, 2013, 09:01:33 AM »
What can I say? Nothing really because there's nothing to be sad or happy about.  ::)

Well! We will meet again in the 2014 Caribbean Cup. :chilling: 8) 
jjbrown

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 20, 2013, 09:29:16 AM »
For those who were asking, the recorded videos of the pre-match, half time and post game analysis by the SWO Media team are available on the SWO Live Media Channel

In the pre-game we were joined by forumite Brian "Patriot" Springer but unfortunately about 10 minutes of that segment leading up to the game was not recorded.

There are still some issues to clean up with the stream, audio quality and background noise but hopefully we should be able to make some more strides by the time the next fixture comes around.

is there any game highlights pls

Offline CAPITANO

• Full Warrior
  • I heart zaboka
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 20, 2013, 10:01:50 AM »
What can I say? Nothing really because there's nothing to be sad or happy about.  ::)

That`s right.....just simmer down....ah love it :rotfl:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 10:04:21 AM by CAPITANO »
WE JAMMIN STILL!!!!!!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 20, 2013, 10:16:20 AM »
Ok...ah ready for the real litmus test... Stern John 2nd farewell & thank you(ah musta miss the 1st one)..and we playing add: the dreaded BERMUDA   :devil:

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 20, 2013, 10:28:58 AM »
Ok...ah ready for the real litmus test... Stern John 2nd farewell & thank you(ah musta miss the 1st one)..and we playing add: the dreaded BERMUDA   :devil:
um Stern active ??? good idea but that might only be possible in ah fete match type setting not so ???
I pity the fool....

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 20, 2013, 10:52:35 AM »
um Stern active ??? good idea but that might only be possible in ah fete match type setting not so ???
oh..yuh mean like a friendly or a friendly with drinks for the players, cause they does all drink so much. oh !  Well did he get a free ticket at least ? or he not active enuff to attend and get bigup ? Nice for Birchy, and all the extended thanks and goal against Bahrain etc, especially in such a short career.. but since we was bigging up, nah..ha bout Lawrence, oh yeah... we did say thanks..
Is just ah have this memory of SJ not getting to meet president and la la la, but getting good boo in the Crawfie, and dusting ppl off etc.. anyhoo...a true true fete match go probably have more crowd...especially as the players may pass dey drinks too..
http://www.socawarriors.net/mens-senior-team/senior-team-news/player-directory.html?view=playerprofile&id=233

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 20, 2013, 11:05:38 AM »
oh..yuh mean like a friendly or a friendly with drinks for the players, cause they does all drink so much. oh !  Well did he get a free ticket at least ? or he not active enuff to attend and get bigup ? Nice for Birchy, and all the extended thanks and goal against Bahrain etc, especially in such a short career.. but since we was bigging up, nah..ha bout Lawrence, oh yeah... we did say thanks..
Is just ah have this memory of SJ not getting to meet president and la la la, but getting good boo in the Crawfie, and dusting ppl off etc.. anyhoo...a true true fete match go probably have more crowd...especially as the players may pass dey drinks too..
http://www.socawarriors.net/mens-senior-team/senior-team-news/player-directory.html?view=playerprofile&id=233

what I mean is It cool idea, but CAN it be done like birchall and carlos remember dem still playin some kinda mid\high level ball and played in a game that contributing to further growth and development of this team, I doubt stern can contribute positively in a similar setting if he not balling at all these days..........wasn't intending to dismiss the idea just wondering if it could work the same
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 11:07:54 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #400 on: November 20, 2013, 03:02:33 PM »
We have to knock them out early, if we sit down because we worried they coming hard, then we go end up chasing de game and lose.

We not playing fear football. This stupid captain of Jamaica say that they are 2 goals better than us. It is the boasting that drives me from liking them. I always try to give some respect but these peeps boast too much. I say 3 -1 in our favor this evening.

2-0

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 20, 2013, 04:44:44 PM »

That's actually a good attitude to have; order is in the process of being restored in Caribbean football and the pretenders' reign is being cut short.

You're right; there is nothing to be sad or happy about.

Facts are facts

:devil:

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 21, 2013, 04:55:25 PM »
Does anyone remember if there was a yellow card shown around 55 minutes??

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 21, 2013, 08:13:21 PM »
Has anyone uploaded the game?

Thx
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 21, 2013, 09:02:41 PM »
Has anyone uploaded the game?

Thx
Yeah, has anyone got video of the full game that they can upload and post to this thread?
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: November 21, 2013, 10:40:00 PM »
The idea men throwing out would be an excellent one, maybe at half time of one of these games the FA could use the opportunity to acknowledge these men like stern, brian williams, peck, pamo, sancho, Sid gray etc. these men still here, in fact - they all still taking a "juck" on the fete match circuit throughout the country - and still like to win as ever :-)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 22, 2013, 12:50:44 PM »
We need to keep playing and we can start with a match against Guyana and put a licking pon de rass.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 22, 2013, 06:54:24 PM »
We need to keep playing and we can start with a match against Guyana and put a licking pon de rass.
Not much benefit in T&T playing and beating Guyana right now as they are currently 114 in the FIFA Rankings which is way below our 81 rank and our ranking should improve when the new table comes out at the end of November.

I think our next four regional opponents we should seek to play friendlies against are Haiti, Cuba, Panama and Venezuela who are all ranked higher than us in the FIFA Rankings and should give us difficult tests both at home and away in their territory.

Don't see the point of playing Guyana right now unless its in a competition like the Caribbean Cup.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 06:58:41 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 23, 2013, 01:53:03 AM »
There are only 8 teams higher than us in the rankings. In reverse order;

Haiti (80)
Dominican Republic(78)
Cuba (74)
Panama (36)
Honduras (34)
Costa Rica (31)
Mexico (24)
United States (13)

Set up the USA game! :p. From a cynical perspective there are a couple teams over-ranked that would help us; Switzerland (7), Bosnia-Hertzegovina (16), Armenia (38), Cape Verde islands (42). If we had the money a match against any of these would be excellent (a draw against Switzerland would give us a lot of points).

To be honest we'll move up a hella lot - the two wins against Jamaica are worth double the points we got in the whole of last year.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 23, 2013, 02:17:51 AM »

Haiti (80)
Dominican Republic(78)
Cuba (74)
Panama (36)
Honduras (34)
Costa Rica (31)
Mexico (24)
United States (13)

Set up the USA game! :p. From a cynical perspective there are a couple teams over-ranked that would help us; Switzerland (7), Bosnia-Hertzegovina (16), Armenia (38), Cape Verde islands (42). If we had the money a match against any of these would be excellent (a draw against Switzerland would give us a lot of points).

To be honest we'll move up a hella lot - the two wins against Jamaica are worth double the points we got in the whole of last year.
Not too sure about that because Jamaica is currently ranked one place below T&T in the FIFA Rankings and you don't gain as many points in friendlies as you do in an official FIFA recognized International competitions.

Also because our Association is struck for cash and staff are still owed salaries, I think it is more realistic (less expensive) for us to play countries in our own region for now than to play countries in Europe and theses other regions unless they are willing to help sponsor the trip to host T&T in their country.

For now I think we should concentrate on playing countries in our region like Haiti, Cuba, Panama & Venezuela.
Teams like Mexico and USA we can play once we have moved into the top 40 in the FIFA Rankings after more positive results and they can actually see the benefit of testing themselves against T&T.
While our FIFA ranking is outside of the top 40 I don't think either the USA or Mexico will be that interested in playing T&T in a friendly or outside of a tournament.

Also we can probably play a friendly against Canada as Mr Hart might enjoy proving a point or maybe not since he spent so much of his career grooming Canadians players and teams.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 02:24:34 AM by Socapro »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 23, 2013, 05:09:48 AM »
On the fifa websitr you can calculate points. The two matches against jamaica are worth 450 or so points where we got like 200 odd points in 2012

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 23, 2013, 05:31:40 PM »
On the fifa websitr you can calculate points. The two matches against jamaica are worth 450 or so points where we got like 200 odd points in 2012
Okay cool, that was probably due to not playing many games and not getting enough positive results in the ones we played before SH got on board.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 24, 2013, 01:22:26 PM »

Haiti (80)
Dominican Republic(78)
Cuba (74)
Panama (36)
Honduras (34)
Costa Rica (31)
Mexico (24)
United States (13)

I'm not entirely sure how you came up with the above mentioned teams being over-ranked but Switzerland and Cape Verde are excellent teams. If TnT were to come away with a victory over either of these, we would have accomplished much.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 24, 2013, 03:33:15 PM »

Haiti (80)
Dominican Republic(78)
Cuba (74)
Panama (36)
Honduras (34)
Costa Rica (31)
Mexico (24)
United States (13)

I'm not entirely sure how you came up with the above mentioned teams being over-ranked but Switzerland and Cape Verde are excellent teams. If TnT were to come away with a victory over either of these, we would have accomplished much.

Trust me I ain't saying they're easy - but there are clearly more than 7 teams better than Switzerland and more than 42 teams better than Cape Verde in my opinion, making them "over ranked" in a strict sense. I mean Cape Verde are ranked higher than Japan (44), Egypt (51), Korea (56), Australia (57), and Israel (66)

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 24, 2013, 07:27:31 PM »
Everybody talkin bout how great things are going right now..I hope this can continue into the future. I sincerely hope that we can beat Jamaica when it matters. We always seem to be able to beat important teams in unimportant games. We haven't been able to dominate Jamaica when we really need to i.e a world cup qualifier..even with our best players. I can see improvement since Hart has taken over. He has been able to bring organization and confidence back. This, however is not nearly enough to get us to a world cup. The way forward is for the Technical Director or the Director of Football sit down with all the National Coaches and plan the way forward. There is a lot of work to be done..if we had to prepare for world cup qualifiers starting after the WC, going along  the same way we are going right now, we would fall short. We are in stop gap mode. I know this the because the youth program is no program at all.
 I made a point about the game i.e I pointed out that the Jamaicans offered little or no pressure on top neither in the midfield..the result was censorship..why not just ban me so that I can't post anything anymore.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 26, 2013, 12:20:11 AM »
TTFA General Secretary delivers address at T&T vs Jamaica Press Conference
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9MjCCeO_zsM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/9MjCCeO_zsM</a>

Sheldon Phillip touches on some of the events of 2013 for the TTFA - TTFA Media TV

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 30, 2013, 05:18:58 PM »
BBC just did an article on the FIFA ranking points - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25134584

Definitely need higher tanking matches :)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 30, 2013, 05:56:46 PM »
BBC just did an article on the FIFA ranking points - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25134584

Just my quriousity,what's the problem with us getting one of the top dogs in world Football to come to our country for a friendly game,  i'm talking about Brazil,Germany,Holland,Argentina,Italy etc etc ah know JW out smart England and got them to come here but is that something the TTFA has on the burner?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 30, 2013, 07:49:04 PM »

Just my quriousity,what's the problem with us getting one of the top dogs in world Football to come to our country for a friendly game,  i'm talking about Brazil,Germany,Holland,Argentina,Italy etc etc ah know JW out smart England and got them to come here but is that something the TTFA has on the burner?

It have to have something in it for them first.

For England it was votes.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 30, 2013, 08:25:19 PM »
Money talks. There's a reason brazil plays a relatively large number of games abroad/in America. Even if we pulled the big guns and filled a 20000 stadium, you'd need to charge 100/200 TT to make a return at that attendance whilst still paying them off

1]; } ?>